Author: tiffanytwisted
I just started knitting
32.gif
ROFLMA!!

Yippee!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Good luck with those pearl stiches Tiffany!!!!!!!!!! HEE!
31.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Mela, good luck Tiffany! Next week is O Day, if I''m still on my usual schedule.
1.gif
I hate being stressed out about this stuff, like, jeez, people have been getting pregnant since the beginning of human(ish) populace began... it will happen for me. I blame the Nest, with all the ladies on BOTB, for they seem to have a harder time of it. Of course, there is the "Getting Pregnant" board, where the ladies seem a little nicer and more fertile (!!!), but somehow the sadist in me prefers to lurk on BOTB where they unknowingly taunt me.
20.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I'm a dufas - what is ROLF, ROLFMA, and BOTB ?????

I'm outta the loop!

I know LMAO, LOL, 2WW, OPK, POAS, BFN & BFP, CF/CM/EWCM, DH, and recently ETA.

I have had EWCM since Sat. and it's watery today! Have been BD this whole time. Will give it one last go tonight!

Who else is O'ing now?

I need a cycle buddy - anyone?
35.gif

ETA: Babies On The Brain - got it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 11:43:17 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
OK, I''m a dufas - what is ROLF, ROLFMA, and BOTB ?????

I''m outta the loop!

I know LMAO, LOL, 2WW, OPK, POAS, BFN & BFP, CF/CM/EWCM, DH, and recently ETA.

I have had EWCM since Sat. and it''s watery today! Have been BD this whole time. Will give it one last go tonight!

Who else is O''ing now?

I need a cycle buddy - anyone?
35.gif

ETA: Babies On The Brain - got it!
Roll on the Floor Laughing My A#$ Off. Babies on the Brain.

Yippe for good CM ,Lisa, that is halk the battle, really, since without it you are no where.

I think that Tiffany is within a day or so of you, since she just started knitting today!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 10:23:24 AM
Author: AmberWaves
I''m with Mela, good luck Tiffany! Next week is O Day, if I''m still on my usual schedule.
1.gif
I hate being stressed out about this stuff, like, jeez, people have been getting pregnant since the beginning of human(ish) populace began... it will happen for me. I blame the Nest, with all the ladies on BOTB, for they seem to have a harder time of it. Of course, there is the ''Getting Pregnant'' board, where the ladies seem a little nicer and more fertile (!!!), but somehow the sadist in me prefers to lurk on BOTB where they unknowingly taunt me.
20.gif
Amber, I have been avoiding any other baby type boards. It creates a false sense of hysteria. We are bad enough on here
2.gif
, but I don''t need any more craziness. For example, women who have been experimentally exposed to looking at fashion magazines are less satisfied with their weight and display more disordered eating than women who didn''t read such magazines. The mechanism in part is an increase in the belief that being 100 lbs. and 5''11'''' is normal, thus if you aren''t like that then something is wrong with you. I think the same applies with those boards... it gives you a false sense that problems conceiving are the norm, which creates worry, doubt, and hysteria. In actuality, many many more people have no trouble conceiving (isn''t it 90% conceive in 1 year?), so unless there is cause, there is really no reason to worry. So stay off those boards missy!
41.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DD - feeling any lighter today? It gets to be a drag when pg doesn''t happen.

So much effort for what is the ultimate mystery.

Tiffany - knitting keeping you occupied these days? I think I''m right behind u on the WAIT.

Let''s go biserk together! BTW - I can''t knit, never tried how do u start?

I calculated that we have spent like 2K in formula already and twice that much in diapers!

To think having 2 in diapers, I must be losing it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Anyhoo, I too think I will O next week, probably between Tuesday and Thursday. CM is just starting to get creamy. What are everyone's BD plans this month? (LOL!!) I am thinking that we will do the f-tastic every day starting Friday until O is confirmed. Yes this is a lot, but DH is really looking forward to it

20.gif
and I don't mind it too much
3.gif
. Indy's research pointed out that the six pre-O days were best, as was DTD every day unless the man's fertility was in question. So that's my plan. I guess that means we start tomorrow! I better rest up!

Oh, and this month I am making sure I get really regular excercise. DH and I fell of the wagon after our trip to the Dominican a month ago, but I think getting more active will help things along. We always walk our doggies for about 45 min 3-4 times a week, but I want also get in some good heavy cardio at least 3x. Last night I went running with Seamus and he loved it! He is a very athletic dog, we have run with him on and off since he was about 6 months old, but running with a 12 lb. long-haired weiner dog does catch some funny looks. Dreamer is too little and lazy to keep up, so she stays home.

LISA: yes I feel better today. That was one reason I went for a run. I find when I do heavy excercise like that I feel a lot better, generally, so I really need to keep it up. Also, I decided that it is normal for things to take a while, and the convo on here last night after Indy posted the research she read made me feel better--there is still so much we do't understand about the whole process it is better to just give it time to happen and not think about it too much. Besides, next week is another opportunity, so that is good.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I think you and I will be joining the knitting club at the same time.

Shall we call it the KC instead of the 2ww?

By the way, the stats I was posting yesterday about timing? I guess those really ARE F-statistics. Haha!

OK, sorry.

Come to think of it, in case any of you are curious about what an F-statistic 'really' means . It's been a while, so I hope I'm remembering this correctly! Neat or DD or any of you others can correct me if I'm off-base. It's been a few years so I don't know if I'll remember this right.

In statistics, you propose a hypothesis, the null hypothesis. It basically says "There's no difference between group A and group B." So, e.g., Group A may be a group of cancer patients NOT taking a new drug and Group B are a group of patients TAKING the new drug.

You gather all your data and then plot it using various techniques, and compare the distribution of Group A and the distribution of Group B.

The F-statistic (after Mr. Fisher who discovered this) is calculated by dividing the variance BETWEEN groups A & B by the variance WITHIN those groups. It tells you whether the null hypothesis is true or not. Which is to say (after some analysis), whether the drug may have had an effect or not.

OK, bet none of you actually read that (or cared).
9.gif
Big nerd alert! Big nerd alert!
34.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, DD, I am chastised.
9.gif
When are you O'ing, DD? This morning DH got into bed while I took my temp. I swear, my basal therm. is SO SLOW. It kills me because I almost fall back to sleep!

ETA: Nevermind about my question about your o date, DD! I'm O'ing possibly on the 4th,

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 12:15:04 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Lisa, I think you and I will be joining the knitting club at the same time.

Shall we call it the KC instead of the 2ww?

By the way, the stats I was posting yesterday about timing? I guess those really ARE F-statistics. Haha!

OK, sorry.

Come to think of it, in case any of your are curious about what an F-statistic ''really'' means. It''s been a while, so I hope I''m remembering this correctly!

In statistics, you propose a hypothesis, the null hypothesis. It basically says ''There''s no difference between group A and group B.'' So, e.g., Group A may be a group of cancer patients NOT taking a new drug and Group B are a group of patients TAKING the new drug.

You gather all your data and then plot it using various techniques, and compare the distribution of Group A and the distribution of Group B.

The F-statistic (after Mr. Fisher who discovered this) is calculated by dividing the variance BETWEEN groups A & B by the variance WITHIN those groups. It tells you whether the null hypothesis is true or not. Which is to say (after some analysis), whether the drug may have had an effect or not.

OK, bet none of you actually read that (or cared).
9.gif
Big nerd alert! Big nerd alert!
34.gif
Haha... I don''t even care what it really mean and I analyze dat every day! Though I don''t use ANOVA very much, which uses F-stats, typically I use heirarchical multiple regression to look for interactions between personality variables (e.g., self-esteem) and experimental manipulations (e.g., high or low risk of rejection) predicing dependent variables (e.g., warm interpersonal behavior). That analysis uses T-tests, but there are some Fs in there too. I also use Structural Equation Modeling, which uses the Chi-square as well as many other tests to measure how well a proposed pattern of associations between variables "fits" the observed patters of associations amongst variables. I am sorta our department''s resident stats expert
19.gif
. But most people in the social sciences still use ANOVA if they can get away with it, because it is much easier.

How''s that for a nerd throwdown!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 12:17:25 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Thank you, DD, I am chastised.
9.gif
When are you O''ing, DD? This morning DH got into bed while I took my temp. I swear, my basal therm. is SO SLOW. It kills me because I almost fall back to sleep!

ETA: Nevermind about my question about your o date, DD! I''m O''ing possibly on the 4th,
Mine takes a couple minutes to complete. This morning I think I did doze off a little!

I bought a new thermometer this month... last month I had one that only did 1/10th of a degree, but since I am using celcius, that is like only knowing within 2/10th of a degree fahrenheit. So I got one that is accurate to 1/100th and it is much better. Last month it was a little unclear the exact day I O-d, in part because I showed a rise-fallback pattern (one day above coverline, next below, then a steady rise) and a slow rise. Since my luteal phase is on the shorter side (seems to be around 10-11 days based on last 2 months) I wanted to see if I could get more precision using a more sensitive thermometer.

Wouldn''t that be funny if we O on the same day! If we got preggers we''d have the same EDD.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I doze off with the thermometer nearly every day! Then again, I''ve been getting up at 6 and going to sleep nearing midnight. Sleeeeeepy Indy.
5.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
OFFICIAL KC (named by INDY) LIST

Tiffany - 5/27

Lisa - 5/29 ish

Indy - 5/????

DD - next week? 6/4?

Amber - next week?

Again guys I only got a B+ in stats, what the hell r u all talking about?
3.gif

Let''s do a statistical measure here of something, anything, any ideas?

Maybe we''ll get published?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 12:53:55 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
OFFICIAL KC (named by INDY) LIST

Tiffany - 5/27

Lisa - 5/29 ish

Indy - 5/????

DD - next week? 6/4?

Amber - next week?

Again guys I only got a B+ in stats, what the hell r u all talking about?
3.gif

Let''s do a statistical measure here of something, anything, any ideas?

Maybe we''ll get published?
No more stats, it is a sickness.

You know what''s funny? Almost all of us are on the same cycle, except Blenheim who must be close to 10DPOnow?? Anyways, I know with women who live near each other and spend lots of time together, cycles drift to become identical, but we only know each other online yet are all within about 10 days of the same cycle. Odd.

I just thought of something... I know you were just making a list because it is fun we are all the same and knowing where we are, I made one a while back, but lets be careful about making too many lists of this stuff... I know I will find it really stressful if I look back through this thread and see myself on lists for months and months and months! haha Hopefully that won''t happen. But I do like calling it the KC, that is really funny to me because most of us are kind of "career women" types, so it cracks me up to picure us all sitting around knitting!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I agree with DD, I''d rather not make a list if that''s OK.

Re the knitting club, have you ever heard of ''Stitch ''n Bitch''? We had a group when I was in grad school. Very relaxing.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 1:45:10 PM
I agree with DD, I'd rather not make a list if that's OK.

Re the knitting club, have you ever heard of 'Stitch 'n Bitch'? We had a group when I was in grad school. Very relaxing.
Listen to us all imagining being on the list for ever and ever and ever! LOL... better to keep it on the down low to avoid our anxieties!

Never had such a club. What were you stitching??

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It was any kind of needle craft, though mostly knitting. The ladies (and the odd guy) get together once a week or so, with lots of beer, knit, and vent. Yeah.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m less of a knitter and more of a reader. I''m so pathetic. I read about 4 books a week, and can barely tie my shoes. I DO have a 10th of a scarf completed in my closet. Then I went and lost my needle. JUST ONE.

Now I''m pissed off at that mint crisp m&m thread below- I''ve been looking for those FOREVER and can''t find them!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber, I am a reader too, but 4 books a week is very impressive. I think I watch too much TV and spend too much time on PS to get that much reading done!
3.gif

Amber and Lisa, Tiff & Blen, Lulu and everyone else, what do you all do for a living? I know Indy is a former academic who went to the dark side and works in the private sector now (at least I think that's what she does)... just curious, since we all seem to have so much time one here! You don't have to be specific if you don't want, I am just curious...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hehehe, DD, I''m a bookkeeper for a small family-owned oil company. We buy the fuel (diesel included) from the larger companies and sell it to gas stations. With the fuel crisis as it is here in LA, I have a ton of free time. So I spend it on google talk and on facebook playing scrabulous. I also blogged for a national wedding blog for awhile, while PSing at the same time! I''ve got a TON of free time.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber, do you work at home then or do you spend time in the office? Is you work considered a full time salaried position even though you don''t have to work full-time? Maybe I need to be a book-keeper... wait a minute... I also mess around most of the day, so I guess we are in the same boat.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, I WISH I worked from home. No, I''m actually a full-timer with salary. Which is cool since I usually leave two hours early every day, yet still get paid for them. LOVE IT.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with DD, I'd rather not make a list if that's OK.

Re the knitting club, have you ever heard of 'Stitch 'n Bitch'? We had a group when I was in grad school. Very relaxing.
Hi Ladies - wow I love the idea of calling the 2ww "stiching and bitching" - everyone on here seems to bitch about how hard the wait is!
2.gif
I agree - no more lists - I believe someone brought up the idea very early on when I first began this thread and the idea was quickly vetoed.

DD - I'm with you - I can only handle this thread. I've lurked at some of the forums on FF and the Nest, but my limit is one (go figure I pick a diamond forum to discuss making babies!)
3.gif
2.gif
Oh, and I work in marketing for an engineering firm. Unlike Amber, I have no free time, but try to take mini "breaks" throughout my hectic day and all my deadlines to gain knowledge, as well as share experiences and advice!

Indy - thank you for sharing all that research - it's really interesting to read all the stats. Makes me feel normal about things - still no word yet on my results.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 4:01:09 PM
Author: blushingbride

I agree with DD, I''d rather not make a list if that''s OK.

Re the knitting club, have you ever heard of ''Stitch ''n Bitch''? We had a group when I was in grad school. Very relaxing.
Hi Ladies - wow I love the idea of calling the 2ww ''stiching and bitching'' - everyone on here seems to bitch about how hard the wait is!
2.gif
I agree - no more lists - I believe someone brought up the idea very early on when I first began this thread and the idea was quickly vetoed.

DD - I''m with you - I can only handle this thread. I''ve lurked at some of the forums on FF and the Nest, but my limit is one (go figure I pick a diamond forum to discuss making babies!)
3.gif
2.gif
Oh, and I working marketing for an engineering firm. Unlike Amber, I have no free time, but try to take mini ''breaks'' throughout my hectic day and all my deadlines to gain knowledge, as well as share experiences and advice!

Indy - thank you for sharing all that research - it''s really interesting to read all the stats. Makes me feel normal about things - still no word yet on my results.
"2ww" = "S+B" ?

Blushing, I also found those stats really interesting a reassuring. I hope your results come back positive, and if they do, I hope you just keep charting and then give ''er a go... either your luteal phase will lengthen, or it was never a problem anyways! Marketing, eh? That sounds like an interesting job. Too bad you can''t mess around all day like Amber, me, and Indy!
41.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I know DD - I am very jealous of you all w/ the unlimited amounts of free time. I always come on here and see so many postings from all of you - takes me a while to catch up on everything!
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
It''s so funny because I'' m a posting fool at work. Then I get home, start playing the Wii with the hubby, and stay off the computer.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I don''t get to post too often either, but I try to keep up with what''s going on with a couple of key threads -- this one being at the top of my list. I''m an environmental and energy attorney and right now i''m BUSY - but i also have babies on the brain...

Thanks to all the research ladies -- I''ve been loving the scientific research/stats. you''ve been providing -- before heading to law school, I spent two years in a cell biology lab, so I''m really a science nerd at heart
9.gif
, plus being a lawyer is essentially constantl research.

DD - S+B it is
11.gif
I''ve never taken a stab at knitting, but I''m trying to learn to sew. slowly. there''s just so much one gal can do in her limited free time - bike riding, home improvements, reading, baby making
2.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results