shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all for the nice comments on the house!

Will post more pics after this weekend as we are going down to visit it.

Indy, DD - Boxers or commando!!!

The *TMI* testicles hang down (ha ha that word always cracks me up) so to be a couple degress cooler from body temp as
"boys" can''t survive. You''d think nature could have come up w/ a better design though.

IMO the whole "package" looks funny. DH thinks so too!
emgift.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys, I wanted to post a picture of my niece, Ivy. She''s in Sydney, AU, and was born January 20!

ivyhat1.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps this one is better.
1.gif

babyivysuze.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tiffany! I''m kind of sad I won''t be able to see her soon. It''s just SO expensive to fly to Australia from LA, and we''d need somewhere to stay... very $$$$$!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 2:22:48 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
I am totally sure it is fine. I bet he would need to basically POACH in hot water for it to affect him!

BTW I'm glad I don't know you two in person if you are both going to stop bathing until you conceive! Phew!
14.gif

The study I read (small N, mind you) suggested that 6 months after these guys stopped with the heavy duty hot soaking, s-counts went up almost 500%! This was true except for the heavy smokers in the group. So it seems to actually have a serious, non-negligible effect. Not one of those 'may affect' type things but a pretty hardcore 'does affect'. Mind you, all the men in the study were already having trouble. So if there's ample to start with, it won't be such a problem.

And I promise, we'll still shower daily!
27.gif
Just no more long bubble baths!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 3:21:36 PM
Author: Independent Gal

Date: 5/30/2008 2:22:48 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
I am totally sure it is fine. I bet he would need to basically POACH in hot water for it to affect him!

BTW I''m glad I don''t know you two in person if you are both going to stop bathing until you conceive! Phew!
14.gif

The study I read (small N, mind you) suggested that 6 months after these guys stopped with the heavy duty hot soaking, s-counts went up almost 500%! This was true except for the heavy smokers in the group. So it seems to actually have a serious, non-negligible effect. Not one of those ''may affect'' type things but a pretty hardcore ''does affect''. Mind you, all the men in the study were already having trouble. So if there''s ample to start with, it won''t be such a problem.

And I promise, we''ll still shower daily!
27.gif
Just no more long bubble baths!
This may be the KEY point... if trouble exists baths = bad, but if no troubles, maybe no problemo? Best to stop the baths, but based on a study of a population with pre-existing problems you cannot know if it will be a problemo for people without known problems.

I see a pattern in a lot of the fertility research: lots of research on troubled populations but not much known about "normal" functioning. This is the same is psychology, and it has spawned a lot of people to study "normal" functioning. As a social psychologist I always study "normal" people, at least as normal as we get!
3.gif

Amber, you niece is such a cutie pie!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Quick drive by: Just found out a friend is pregnant. She was on the pill.
7.gif
The baby is not wanted. I''m sad.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 9:33:06 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Quick drive by: Just found out a friend is pregnant. She was on the pill.
7.gif
The baby is not wanted. I''m sad.
Siggghhhh... I know what you mean. That is really sad that she doesn''t want to be preggers, how stressful, but I am assuming you also are a little sad because you DO want to be preggers. I felt the same way yesterday when I friend told me how she got preggers with #2. Went off the pill after #1 and wasn''t tracking her cycles or anything, she even assumed that her O day was at CD-14. They BD ONCE in the whole month, on CD-20, and she get''s preggers. Total accident since she didn''t even think she was O-ing on that day.

I should be so lucky!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Amber, your niece is so adorable. I''m sorry to hear about your friend. Hang in there.

Date: 5/30/2008 1:09:28 PM
Author: lovelylulu

blen anymore temperature updates?

Software gave me triphasic today.

BlenheimMay30.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful chart Blenheim, let us know how the peeing on a stick goes, you are planning to test in the next couple of days, right?

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
If I remember correctly Blenheim said she was testing on Saturday, but maybe I''m imagining that.

In keeping with the TTC standard, I have changed my avatar to my furry friend (well, one of them anyway, we also have 2 cats but I don''t think I can get the three of them in a photo)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippee Tiffany, I love it! Now it is the TTC dog lovers thread! Indy doesn''t have a dog, but her ostrich is an honorary stand-in. And Lisa has a little monkey in her avatar
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Tiffany, how cute! Blen, your chart looks textbook! Yay!

DD, yeah, I''m sad for my friend (especially since her BASTARD husband is going to leave her because of it), and selfishly sad for me.
7.gif
Pity party for one?

Thanks for all the great remarks about my niece. She''s a doll!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
BFN.
40.gif
I'm 12 dpo, and my temp went up again this morning. ETA: It's usually starting to go down by this point in my LP.

Is my new avatar recognizable as my dogs, or is it too scrunched up and busy looking? It was hard to find a photo that has all 3 of them, and I'm trying to figure out if I should just cut back to 1-2. I'm not sure who to exclude though. I don't want their feelings to get hurt.
20.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2008 9:40:57 AM
Author: Blenheim
BFN.
40.gif
I'm 12 dpo, and my temp went up again this morning. ETA: It's usually starting to go down by this point in my LP.

Is my new avatar recognizable as my dogs, or is it too scrunched up and busy looking? It was hard to find a photo that has all 3 of them, and I'm trying to figure out if I should just cut back to 1-2. I'm not sure who to exclude though. I don't want their feelings to get hurt.
20.gif
Blen, most women don't get a BFP until later tan 12DPO, so it's still possible!

I love the doggy avatar, it is clear it is animals of some sort, but you do have to look hard to see the puppies in there
2.gif
Is one a girl doggy? I had only Dreamer in my AV for a while since I figures Seamus doesn't really care about jewelry, being a boy and all...
3.gif
ETA: I take it back I looked closer and your avatar is super cute!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
With all the dog avatars we look like a cult.
26.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
'morning gals!
Amber - Cuuuuuuuuuuute neice!

Mela lu is actually my 2.5 yr old maltese mix. I love her sooooo much.

Hang in there Blein, there is STILL a chance for BFP espesh looking at that chart! Gooooooo luckeroo xooxo

mela lu1.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
and these are all the doggies in the family , dressed up for my dad''s 60th bday!

from left: Mela (the maltese), Chewy ("Chewbaca" the Shi tzu), Choco (the chewawa *sp?), and Mikah (the 12 yr old Lhasa Apso)

sorry they are so massive!!!!!!!!! love these lickle guys!

the doggies.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, girls. I''m really trying to stick in there.

Changed my avatar to my pretty girl Chloe. The two boys probably aren''t as interested in jewelry.
2.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Mela Lu, they're so cute!!

Here's a bigger version of my earlier picture. Chloe's an 11 month old mutt, Dylan's a 2 yo Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and Aonghus is a ~5 yo Australian Cattle Dog (and former stray). They're all curled up w/ us on the couch right now. Hubby's watching Sat morning cartoons...

ETA: Whoops, sorry so big! And I just realized that you can see my knitting in the upper left corner, haha.

Blenheim3DogsBig.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never did post a bigger pic of my babies. Dreamer is the little red girl and Seamus is the silver dapple boy. They are both 2 1/2 and they are long-haired miniature dachshunds. I love having two dogs, and seeing your pictures makes me want even more
39.gif

dreamerbabies1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite picture of Dreamer, I took it this past winter when we got a tonne of snow.

dreamerbabies2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is my fave pic of Seamus. He is a real trouble maker, but we keep him under control
2.gif

dreamersbabies3.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is them sleeping with DH on the couch, they love to snuggle...

dreamerbabiessleeping.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I will not spam the boards anymore... tee hee hee I guess we are all just trying to pass the time while we wait for something to happen!

Hey, I''d love to see anyone''s fave wedding photos too, no faces required... lemme see if I can find my fave one from our wedding. I loved getting married, it was so fun, the best part was definitely the dress and planning all the pretty things.

merlinthecat

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 8:47:37 AM
Merlin I see where you're coming from. But charting allows you to figure out when you're most fertile and whether you're ovulating - necessary since we CAN'T assume it's on Day 14. Plus, if there IS a problem, you can take your charts to the doctor and it makes things much easier for the doctor to help you figure out. (And by the way, I like to think of it as the doctor helping you figure something out, not 'being supervised' by a doctor. I'm not a child who needs supervision! I'm an adult who may need expert advice. Sorry... just a little pet peeve.) It saves time at that point, and time, for some of us, is of the essence at this point.

For me, there's no downside. I don't find charting makes me nervous at all - although it might for some women. Reading about all the things that can go wrong sure makes me nervous sometimes. But not charting. It's a good way to manage the fact that we CAN'T just assume Day 14 is a good day for some F-tastic.

Although, as far as I'm concerned, everyday's a good day for F-tastic!
31.gif

Sorry Independent Gal if I caused any offence by saying 'under supervision of a doctor'
I live in the UK and if you consult a doctor about any matter, we say 'I'm under the supervision of my doctor' for my indigestion, back ache or whatever the problem might be. It just means you've consulted a medical person about something. Absolutely no one in the UK would take offence, because its a common phrase. So please forgive me for the mis-understanding.

Also,I hope you don't think I just chimed in to give casual remarks on this subject. I underwent fertility treatment for 7-years with my first husband. I went through every procedure and treatment you can image at the time. The bottom line was my first husband was unable to have children, and I can't even begin to tell you the strain that put on our relationship. So that's the only reason I felt I could give an opinion, because believe me, I've filled in a few charts over the years. And to be honest, as the years went by I think it consumed our lives to some extent.

So after many years of trying, the only option left open to us was adoption or donor insemination. My husband didn't want to adopt, and was in favor of donor insemination. Although that's the answer for many couples, it wasn't right for me, and to cut a very long story short we ending up divorcing. It was really sad, because we had been together since school days. It was heart breaking too, because he really loved children and would have made a fantastic dad.

Merl

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2008 12:54:03 PM
Author: merlinthecat

Date: 5/30/2008 8:47:37 AM
Merlin I see where you''re coming from. But charting allows you to figure out when you''re most fertile and whether you''re ovulating - necessary since we CAN''T assume it''s on Day 14. Plus, if there IS a problem, you can take your charts to the doctor and it makes things much easier for the doctor to help you figure out. (And by the way, I like to think of it as the doctor helping you figure something out, not ''being supervised'' by a doctor. I''m not a child who needs supervision! I''m an adult who may need expert advice. Sorry... just a little pet peeve.) It saves time at that point, and time, for some of us, is of the essence at this point.

For me, there''s no downside. I don''t find charting makes me nervous at all - although it might for some women. Reading about all the things that can go wrong sure makes me nervous sometimes. But not charting. It''s a good way to manage the fact that we CAN''T just assume Day 14 is a good day for some F-tastic.

Although, as far as I''m concerned, everyday''s a good day for F-tastic!
31.gif

Sorry Independent Gal if I caused any offence by saying ''under supervision of a doctor''
I live in the UK and if you consult a doctor about any matter, we say ''I''m under the supervision of my doctor'' for my indigestion, back ache or whatever the problem might be. It just means you''ve consulted a medical person about something. Absolutely no one in the UK would take offence, because its a common phrase. So please forgive me for the mis-understanding.

Also,I hope you don''t think I just chimed in to give casual remarks on this subject. I underwent fertility treatment for 7-years with my first husband. I went through every procedure and treatment you can image at the time. The bottom line was my first husband was unable to have children, and I can''t even begin to tell you the strain that put on our relationship. So that''s the only reason I felt I could give an opinion, because believe me, I''ve filled in a few charts over the years. And to be honest, as the years went by I think it consumed our lives to some extent.

So after many years of trying, the only option left open to us was adoption or donor insemination. My husband didn''t want to adopt, and was in favor of donor insemination. Although that''s the answer for many couples, it wasn''t right for me, and to cut a very long story short we ending up divorcing. It was really sad, because we had been together since school days. It was heart breaking too, because he really loved children and would have made a fantastic dad.

Merl
Merlin, I''m so sorry for what you went though. Thank you for sharing your story.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Merlin, I''m so sorry. I''ve just read people before basically saying "why bother to understand your body unless it''s not working right?" in regards to charting and assumed that was where you were coming from.

I''m trying to get stuff done around the house today. My thinking has been that if I''m not pregnant this cycle (or the next, or the next...), the bonus is that we have more time to get projects done and save up money. But that only really works if we use the time to do the projects we''ve been putting off. So far I''ve mowed the lawn and replaced something like 6 sections of cracked siding on the outside of the house, and I''m about to start working on the handrail for the back steps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results