shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Chris, I was just about to put up that spinel here -- you beat me to it. What I wouldn't give to be able to buy that puppy, heaven.

Brad has so many tempting stones this month. Yeah, the chrysoberyl, like the fluorite, nice mahenge & I'm intrigued w/the prosopite. Takes major self-control not to buy buy buy.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I saw the spinel too, gorgeous!

Sadly my budget says no, however, it did say yes to the paraiba cab, lol.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
The NY sphalerite spoke to me one NYer to another. Then the fluorite said to me good morning Vietnam!

so I got both.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are now TWO stones that are making me crazy wishing I could afford....

The other one is that Rubellite Concave Cut that "cookie" has for sale in a women's ring. Those are two stones that I would absolutely kill for....I think the Rubellite is number 1, but this is a very close second.

Id post the Rubellite but its not my stone, so its probably not my place to post it...but its been mentioned in the PS preloved section recently under the "looking for spinel ring" post.

I would be buried with that thing!!! actually, I can wear the Rubellite on one hand, and the Spinel on the other :bigsmile:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MakingTheGrade|1347400221|3266233 said:

You got that? I sent Brad an email to get it but no answer so far. Are you sure you don't want to give it up? Why would you want a luscious blue tourmaline cab?

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
ChrisA222|1347401377|3266252 said:
There are now TWO stones that are making me crazy wishing I could afford....

The other one is that Rubellite Concave Cut that "cookie" has for sale in a women's ring. Those are two stones that I would absolutely kill for....I think the Rubellite is number 1, but this is a very close second.

Id post the Rubellite but its not my stone, so its probably not my place to post it...but its been mentioned in the PS preloved section recently under the "looking for spinel ring" post.

I would be buried with that thing!!! actually, I can wear the Rubellite on one hand, and the Spinel on the other :bigsmile:

I am a little scared... :???:

Oh wait, Chris must know it's not with me.. I think I am safe. :bigsmile:

I am sure many PSers have seen the rubellite/ring that Chris refers to, but I will post a couple pictures, just for the curious minds. 8)

6532292.jpg
9376140.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1347402771|3266279 said:

You got that? I sent Brad an email to get it but no answer so far. Are you sure you don't want to give it up? Why would you want a luscious blue tourmaline cab?

Oh, I don't know, never got an email back either. Was just being optimistic :D
I'm also hoping I got this tourmaline gene just posted. Just about 2 ct of heaven.

22_blue_green_afghan_tourmaline.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks like there is a third party in this story, who may still give up on MY lovely stone.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1347405149|3266329 said:
Lady_Disdain|1347402771|3266279 said:

Oh, I don't know, never got an email back either. Was just being optimistic :D
I'm also hoping I got this tourmaline gene just posted. Just about 2 ct of heaven.

Oh No....WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT!....But I am seriously over my budget for stones this month....So I wouldn't pull the trigger anyway. I just wish I didn't see it!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am eyeing the garnet - pretty bright stone and very affordable. But I can't commit to it without hearing back from Brad.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Both Brad and Gene are killing me today....Why on earth do they have to list so many drop dead gorgeous stones while I just committed the last one for this month!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I didn't get the gene tourmaline which is probably for the best. Lol. I have too many rings as it is! The thrill of the buy is fun though. :)

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Whats the story with Genes Tourmaline? When I got to it, it was at 0.00 but I could add it to my cart. I guess that means its taken? It must have been pretty fast cause I went right to it as soon as I got the email. I emailed him asking why can I buy it if its at 0.00 but havent heard back. I guess thats how it works?

Cookie you are killing me with that stone. First the Spinel, and now the Rubellite is back to haunt me. I can't handle it! lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChrisA222|1347406640|3266367 said:
Whats the story with Genes Tourmaline? When I got to it, it was at 0.00 but I could add it to my cart. I guess that means its taken? It must have been pretty fast cause I went right to it as soon as I got the email. I emailed him asking why can I buy it if its at 0.00 but havent heard back. I guess thats how it works?

Cookie you are killing me with that stone. First the Spinel, and now the Rubellite is back to haunt me. I can't handle it! lol

Yeah, that happened to me too. I wrote him and kept refreshing the page. Eventually the price popped up, and I went through the check out, but someone must have beat me to it since I got a refund. Ah well. I already have a lovely carribean blue tourm from Barry that I don't wear, lol..

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
MTG, I'd love to see that stone! Is there a thread on it?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a) that tourm Gene posted tonight is KILLER. Man. One of the prettiest stones I've seen. Missed the drop completely, putting kids to bed, probably a good thing... Hope whoever did get it posts lots and lots of pictures!

MTG, I always loved that pendant!

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That stone is so nice!! Wow, you were lucky to win that one...you must have beat out a lot of people when Barry dropped that one! :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of pretty drops from Brad of TGT this time and I debated too long to snag anything. Like the old saying goes, you snooze, you lose. :lol:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, YOU are the reason I want a Luc Yen spinel so badly! They have gotten beyond my reach, however. I hereby call dibs on either of yours, should you ever decide to list! :Up_to_something: :cheeky:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That Gene tourmaline is tdf. I almost would die for it, if I got to wear it for 40 yrs first. Brad's Zambian amethyst tempted me a lot -- it's gone now -- except I am very not fond of trilliants. Beautiful stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB,
Oops, sorry. I'm surprised how expensive the Luc Yens are now. Well, somebody certainly got lucky and we may never know who.

JF,
I was tempted by the Zambian ammy too. If it has some blue, I would have been all over it. I think I've finally gotten over my trillion shape hangup.

So....who got the Gene tourmaline? Fess up!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
I nearly cried as soon as I saw Brad's spinel, because I knew there was no way I'd be able to convince SO to pull the trigger before someone else beat us to it. We're still working on getting over an aversion to online purchases. I guess I'll just go back to day-dreaming.... *sigh*

ETA: It's still there this morning! NOW how am I supposed to get any work done?!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
petit_bijou|1347459300|3266763 said:
I nearly cried as soon as I saw Brad's spinel, because I knew there was no way I'd be able to convince SO to pull the trigger before someone else beat us to it. We're still working on getting over an aversion to online purchases. I guess I'll just go back to day-dreaming.... *sigh*

ETA: It's still there this morning! NOW how am I supposed to get any work done?!

Petit Bijou,
It's definitely sold. Brad just did not have the time to get around to marking it as such.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1347405358|3266334 said:
Looks like there is a third party in this story, who may still give up on MY lovely stone.

So just got an email saying I got the cab. Promise I'll give you dibs though!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, just now seeing Gene's email and the stone (of course) blew me away. Second thought was to log on here, since its still showing its price, and announce it to the good CS community. Hah! boy, am I late to the party!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I was cruising around GemRite and I saw this Tanzanite. It looks quirky and changeable, both things I like in a ring stone. Gives you more to look at when it's on your finger:

http://www.gemrite.com/collections/gems/products/tanzanite-1-12-cts

Also, I've been looking at this stone for a couple of years now, and I can't figure out why no one has purchased it. It looks like a true padpara-whatever-the-heck color to me;

http://www.gemrite.com/collections/gems/products/pad-sapphire-1-11-cts

(hi MB :wavey: , all good? )

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander,
The half and half extinction in the untreated sapphire would drive me nuts. You can see it in the picture if you know what to look for.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1347471503|3266892 said:
iLander,
The half and half extinction in the untreated sapphire would drive me nuts. You can see it in the picture if you know what to look for.

Oh, I see it now . . .

But the color . . . :-o

Maybe a pendant where you can't see that? :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander, I don't even need to go to this site to know which sapphire you're talking about, because that color has had me going back for years too. But the extinction...eh, couldn't get over it!

Some day you and I will talk offline and I'll provide an update. Good and bad. I'll leave it at you were right and, knowing you, maybe you are already feeling what's going on. I miss my boy a lot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results