shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I didn't get the Paraiba cab. Anyone want to fess up?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think MTG said she got it...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1347395988|3266180 said:
There are a lot of great stones this month! I want the chrysopase (I love chrysopase and this one is particularly lovely), the Munsteiner (as always), the prosopite, the chrysoberyl...

I'd totally buy the vanadium chrysoberyl if it were only a little smaller, like under 1ct. At this size and price, I can't afford it. I really liked the light blue sapphire pair as well, but didn't pull the trigger because...well, I bought a new pair of shoes a week ago. :cheeky:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1347480613|3266997 said:
I think MTG said she got it...

I shouldn't post while working, I hadn't read that post yet. I wish her and her cab much happiness!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LD!
I also just got an email from Barry saying the person who bought the red spinel returned it, so it'll be winging its way to me soon next week hopefully!

I guess I've been on a spinel splurge, I've bought 3 in the last 2 weeks!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this while wandering around etsy last night... the stone looks gorgeous and would so be mine if I wasn't allergic to nickel/white gold. I am seriously contemplating whether rhodium-plating would be enough to save my skin. It will be much safer for me if some lovely PSer buys it and posts many pictures...

il_570xn_0.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/99694211/vintage-art-deco-3ct-aquamarine-ring-in

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very handsome ring, but Distracts with your talent, why don't you start working on one? You have demonstrated such skill so quickly that even if you think its out of your capability, it definitely won't be for long...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Is it just me, or is this a pretty decent price for a fabulous color of pink diamond?

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/view_diamonds/7211.htm

If this photo is to be believed, the color on this is lovely! :love:

Cut is pretty meh, but the color, at a decent size, is quite pretty! Under $18K doesn't seem too bad in the world of FCD's.

Leibish description: 1.01ct Fancy Brownish Orange Pink Pear shape diamond with a strong pink color face. Due to a rose cut make, so the stone looks like 1.30 ct. ideal pink diamond a for a pendant.The clarity is I1- - looks eye clean.

Want!! :appl:

fancy-pink-pear-diamond-18669.gif

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
OTL|1346881294|3262836 said:
Now something really worth a look from gemrite

1.31ct color change sapphire from VVS-VS clarity, no treatment, for only $325. Can not beat that price!
dimension is also good 7.24x6.22, very good size for a ring! Color change from bluish purple to purplish red

http://www.gemrite.com/collections/gems/products/purple-blue-sapphire-1-31-cts

I feel so bad I have to cut expense this month because I bought a fancy lens..., if it was one or two months before I will grab it without blinking...
I grabbed this one, I received it about a week ago. It left little to be desired. It was very dark, the polish was poor and it was windowed. However, the color is very nice and it has a strong color change, so instead of returning it I am having it re-cut by Jerry at Gemart. Who btw is an absolute pleasure to deal with. I will post pictures of it when I get it back from him, I would've posted before pictures but they were lack luster to say the least.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful color -- waiting waiting for pics of the recut. Expect it to look outstanding & am curious how much weight it will lose. Good buy!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
GregS|1348002937|3270432 said:
OTL|1346881294|3262836 said:
Now something really worth a look from gemrite

1.31ct color change sapphire from VVS-VS clarity, no treatment, for only $325. Can not beat that price!
dimension is also good 7.24x6.22, very good size for a ring! Color change from bluish purple to purplish red

http://www.gemrite.com/collections/gems/products/purple-blue-sapphire-1-31-cts

I feel so bad I have to cut expense this month because I bought a fancy lens..., if it was one or two months before I will grab it without blinking...
I grabbed this one, I received it about a week ago. It left little to be desired. It was very dark, the polish was poor and it was windowed. However, the color is very nice and it has a strong color change, so instead of returning it I am having it re-cut by Jerry at Gemart. Who btw is an absolute pleasure to deal with. I will post pictures of it when I get it back from him, I would've posted before pictures but they were lack luster to say the least.

lol, I'm suprised when you say it is windowed. It doesn't look that way from the vendor pic, Nice color change? :naughty: Waiting for photos!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
the dimensions should have been enough to tell you the stone was windowed. Also there is nothing extra in the depth to work with for a recut. The vendor photos look dull. I would return it and save the cost of a disappointing recut.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
distracts|1347895621|3269621 said:
I found this while wandering around etsy last night... the stone looks gorgeous and would so be mine if I wasn't allergic to nickel/white gold. I am seriously contemplating whether rhodium-plating would be enough to save my skin. It will be much safer for me if some lovely PSer buys it and posts many pictures...

il_570xn_0.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/listing/99694211/vintage-art-deco-3ct-aquamarine-ring-in

This is gorgeous! I'm liking aquamarines more and more - especially with stepcuts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL,
I think the cc sapphire can be salvaged but it won't be a perfect cut. As of now, the depth is slightly over the 60% mark thereabouts. I am more concerned about how dark and dull it is though. Perhaps the dullness is due to the poor polish which can easily be improved.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to break my own suggestion of not posting links, because they go away after a while and then future readers can't see what stone we were referring to, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to figure out on a regular basis how to copy Tan's photos - every time I try, the stupid magnifying glass comes up and gets in the way. But anyway, without further ado,

If anyone is looking for a good chrysoberyl, Tan on a fairly regular basis has nice Tanzanian material. There is a good chance if you watch over time, you could even find a match to this one for earrings or ring side stones (maybe too large). No promises, but he does have good Chryso material fairly often...

2.06 ct, 8.5 x 7 x 5.1 mm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-06ct-Beautiful-Pear-Cut-Yellowish-Green-Chrysoberyl-/370652353935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564c9a158f

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I'm finally giving in and listing this, as I've been visiting it on a regular basis.

There is no doubt that by far and away, the most beautiful demantoids I have seen are Russian, and the horsetails are just amazing! This is partly because every Namibian or African demantoid I've seen has been olivey green in color. While I hear that there are some out there that are a pretty yellowey green or even bluish green, I have not seen any that rock my world. I made an error in judgement a while ago and bought a demantoid, a yellowy, olivey green, eye clean 1+ carat (can't remember exactly) for several hundred dollars and was, at the time, too intimidated by the seller to send it back (some of you might know who I'm speaking of). Its pretty, but IMO, too much to pay for the stone.

So here comes Jeff Davies again. There have been mixed reviews, some saying how pretty his stones are, some saying when they've been received in hand, the stone's color was significantly different (I believe). Anyway, this one, if it really is this color, is a very pretty, very well cut stone and a good price for a demantoid this lovely, IMO:

Stats:
Weight - 1.46ct
Size - 6.80 x 4.29 mm
Clarity - SI - Eye Clean
Origin - Namibia
Offered at $495 OBO

My one comment would be to make sure the inclusions don't dull the scintillation in that one visible area in the magnified photo.

9-19-12jdvsdemantoid.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1348077170|3271034 said:
I'm sorry to break my own suggestion of not posting links, because they go away after a while and then future readers can't see what stone we were referring to, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to figure out on a regular basis how to copy Tan's photos - every time I try, the stupid magnifying glass comes up and gets in the way. But anyway, without further ado,

If anyone is looking for a good chrysoberyl, Tan on a fairly regular basis has nice Tanzanian material. There is a good chance if you watch over time, you could even find a match to this one for earrings or ring side stones (maybe too large). No promises, but he does have good Chryso material fairly often...

2.06 ct, 8.5 x 7 x 5.1 mm. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-06ct-Beautiful-Pear-Cut-Yellowish-Green-Chrysoberyl-/370652353935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564c9a158f

Since it's an auction, how high do you think it could get? Love the high crown but the odd 8 x 7 mm fat pear shape might mean a custom setting. I know it is described as eye clean but is it eye clean at 6 inches? Yeah, we PSers have different definition of eye clean. :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1348078282|3271055 said:
Okay, I'm finally giving in and listing this, as I've been visiting it on a regular basis.

There is no doubt that by far and away, the most beautiful demantoids I have seen are Russian, and the horsetails are just amazing! This is partly because every Namibian or African demantoid I've seen has been olivey green in color. While I hear that there are some out there that are a pretty yellowey green or even bluish green, I have not seen any that rock my world. I made an error in judgement a while ago and bought a demantoid, a yellowy, olivey green, eye clean 1+ carat (can't remember exactly) for several hundred dollars and was, at the time, too intimidated by the seller to send it back (some of you might know who I'm speaking of). Its pretty, but IMO, too much to pay for the stone.

So here comes Jeff Davies again. There have been mixed reviews, some saying how pretty his stones are, some saying when they've been received in hand, the stone's color was significantly different (I believe). Anyway, this one, if it really is this color, is a very pretty, very well cut stone and a good price for a demantoid this lovely, IMO:

Stats:
Weight - 1.46ct
Size - 6.80 x 4.29 mm
Clarity - SI - Eye Clean
Origin - Namibia
Offered at $495 OBO

My one comment would be to make sure the inclusions don't dull the scintillation in that one visible area in the magnified photo.

And find out about the colour shift. I once purchased a precision cut gorgeous green (with hints of blue) Namibian demantoid that almost blinded me outdoors but the indoor colour was so olive, I couldn't live with it, even when it was priced well. It was sent home.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono: you are so good at sending things back! Its definitely an acquired skill for many of us.

I think we should start a thread entitled: "Chrono: Does it Stay or Go?" that way its all in one place for you and you can respond...

I'm kind of being facetious, but also serious too - what do other PSers think?!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minous,
You got me cracking up. :lol: Think of it this way, if you send a stone you don't like back, that's money that can be put towards a bigger and better stone. :devil:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1348080364|3271097 said:
Minous,
You got me cracking up. :lol:

You know its with great affection! And by now, Miss Chrono, you should know its Minou, not Minous! :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, my apologies. I guess seeing that your full handle is Minousbijoux, I automatically called your Minous because Bijoux would be the second word, correct? All right, it is Minou from now on.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It's possessive, Minous, is it not? They're Minou's bijoux. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1348141506|3271505 said:

Bingo! If I had a gorgeous, multiple, say around 3+ carats OEC I would give it to you for being correct! Oh, that's right, you already have one! :bigsmile:

JG: What do you think of the "Chrono: Does it Stay or Go?" Thread?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1348078282|3271055 said:

Stats:
Weight - 1.46ct
Size - 6.80 x 4.29 mm
Clarity - SI - Eye Clean
Origin - Namibia
Offered at $495 OBO

For what's worth, I bought a demantoid very similar to this one, I believe they are cut by the same rough. just a bit better clarity. It is on the way to me. I will see whether the color is good IRL and color shift pretty soon. I actually considered 2 stones including this particular stone, and Jeff says luster and brilliance are the same, but the color and clarity on the one I purchased is better. Of course, the price is 1.5 times higher. I will update.

ps01697.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1348150122|3271565 said:
justginger|1348141506|3271505 said:

Bingo! If I had a gorgeous, multiple, say around 3+ carats OEC I would give it to you for being correct! Oh, that's right, you already have one! :bigsmile:

JG: What do you think of the "Chrono: Does it Stay or Go?" Thread?

Brilliant idea! I would love to see a thread! That would be really helpful

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I would most certainly make use of Chrono's "Does it stay or go?" thread. She has excellent taste.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
OK, can't let this thread stay on page3
Here is the demantoid update, if anyone's interested.
I would say the color is very different from the picture...but more close to the video.
Overall it is a little less saturated than listing.But a nice suprise is it has a hint blue in it. The indoor color is pretty green, not olive at all. BTW, I have bought almost 10 stones from Jeff, but up until today I still couldn't read his picture and video quite well. His stones are nice in person, I kept almost every stone I purchase from him, just don't match the picture so well...

The pictures I took of this demantoid are fairly accurate. Very close to what I see.
Do you think this is a good color for a demantoid?

img_0335.jpg

img_0341.jpg

img_127.jpg

cm366

Shiny_Rock
OTL, I think that's a GREAT colour for a Namibian demantoid - most of them seem to be more of an olivey green or have a bit of brown in them. Great find! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results