shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I actually purchased and returned that purple spinel from Art Cut Gems. It had too much extinction for my taste - when looking at it, it was "dead" in half of the stone a lot of the time :(

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
JewelFreak|1345227608|3253185 said:
Blithesome, been catching up on this thread -- that morganite of Jerry's is so nice! I like it almost as well as this one on Roger Dery's site that I visited constantly until it sold. Knew it was beyond my budget so never asked its price:

WOW! That morganite looks so divine. But based on the photo, i think the saturation isn't that rich considering its huge size. Very beautiful nonetheless :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The black background also gives it an unrealistic contrast, making it look more saturated than it really is.

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Since the large Asscher-style Morganite is long sold, here's a view of it with alternate backgrounds. For Morganite, it did have a very rich hue.
I took this photo, and the stone was placed on a photographer's 18% grey fabric-card. There were two overhead fluorescent lights, and two OttLites placed on the sides, facing the Morganite.

lg-morganite32_77ct.jpg

32_77ctmorganitecompetitionentry.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much better! Thanks for the updated pictures showing a (more likely) truer to life representation.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wish you hadn't provided those photos, Roger! Now I'm even more sorry it doesn't live at my house. Beautiful. Thanks!

--- Laurie

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Lady's Platinum, 18 Karat Yellow Gold, Paraiba Tourmaline, Tsavorite and Diamond

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladys-Platinum-18-Karat-Yellow-Gold-Paraiba-Tourmaline-Tsavorite-and-Diamond-/180735582263

Lady's Platinum, 18 Karat Yellow Gold, Paraiba Tourmaline, Tsavorite and Diamond ring. The main feature of the ring is a prong set oval faceted pastel blue-green tourmaline weighing 13.33 carats. The stone measures 16.84 x 13.18 x 8.98 mm and is from Mozambique. The color of the stone is due to trace elements (including copper) such as found in tourmalines from Paraiba (Brazil). The tourmaline is surrounded by fifty-six (56) round brilliant cut pave diamonds set in 18 karat yellow gold in a wrap design. The sides of the platinum split shank are accented by twenty (20) round brilliant cut diamonds, ten on each side. The diamonds in the ring have a color grade of F/G (colorless to near colorless), a clarity grade of VS (very slight inclusions visible under 10x magnification) and have a combined total weight of 0.87 carat and measure from 1.3 mm to 1.6 mm. There are two (2) pear shape tsavorites accenting the gallery of the ring bezel set in platinum. The tsavorites have a combined total weight of 0.56 carat and measure approximately 4.4 x 3.4mm. The ring is stamped "PT950", "18KP" and a maker's mark. #15615

plattourm.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No top view of the stone?
No lab memo for proof that it is a paraiba?
No returns?
No exchanges?

Nope! Forget it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1345812478|3256430 said:
No top view of the stone?
No lab memo for proof that it is a paraiba?
No returns?
No exchanges?

Nope! Forget it!

PREACH ON SISTA!!!!!! Though I still think it is a pretty blue.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So I was on Jerry's site just now, to help Sarahbear in her search for a pink stone, and saw this lot of demantoids!

http://www.gemartservices.com/for-sale.html

Scroll down and click on the picture, he's got a carload of them, all different sizes. :appl:

What can I do with those? :Up_to_something:

Also loving the opposed bar Amethyst! :cheeky:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good find, iLander! I would go for some of the 4mm because the color is less common and prettier IMO.

On another, more personal matter, I've been wanting to get in touch with you. Once again, you were right in what you were feeling/seeing. I will be selling some more stones soon on DB and you'll be able to contact me through one of the listings. Plus, I'm selling some really nice stones!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice morganite, iLander -- good find. About the demantoids - what about earrings? I don't know what styles you like but I can think of ideas for a few to several stones. Or the more obvious of side stones or pendant. A little while ago I bought 9 2-mm princess Montanas from Litnon, plan to see if somebody can gypsy set them in a yg wedding band for me. Would also work with hoop earrings.

Can't wait to see what you're selling, Minous. Now I'm gonna go check DB!

--- Laurie

iLander

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1345909218|3256939 said:
Good find, iLander! I would go for some of the 4mm because the color is less common and prettier IMO.

On another, more personal matter, I've been wanting to get in touch with you. Once again, you were right in what you were feeling/seeing. I will be selling some more stones soon on DB and you'll be able to contact me through one of the listings. Plus, I'm selling some really nice stones!

I'll look for your listing on the Preloved forum, then follow up on DB. But don't be surprised if it takes me a while to respond, we're dealing with this stupid tropical storm down here. :sick:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1345912147|3256949 said:
Very nice morganite, iLander -- good find. About the demantoids - what about earrings? I don't know what styles you like but I can think of ideas for a few to several stones. Or the more obvious of side stones or pendant. A little while ago I bought 9 2-mm princess Montanas from Litnon, plan to see if somebody can gypsy set them in a yg wedding band for me. Would also work with hoop earrings.

Can't wait to see what you're selling, Minous. Now I'm gonna go check DB!

--- Laurie
I was thinking of having a few of the demantoids set into a simple little band ring. Do you think that would work, or is lame?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not lame at all - just need a good jewellery with "soft" hands and you'll need to baby that ring quite a bit. Demantoids are the least durable in the garnet family.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander: Good luck with the storm - I hope it blows over with no damage

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1345933117|3257095 said:
I was thinking of having a few of the demantoids set into a simple little band ring. Do you think that would work, or is lame?

No, I don't think it would be lame at all! In fact, I hope not, because that's what I'm going to do w/my Montana sapphires. Demantoids would look super, as long as you give them TLC. How do you want them set? Channel, flush, what?

--- Laurie

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh please, somebody buy this so I can live vicariously through you!!! I know there are several peeps currently looking for sapphires. Just don't know what their budgets are.

This is my dream sapphire! I'm a sucker for Madagascan. They are deep but bright blue with maybe a tiny tinge of purple. This baby had color and size going for it! It is listed by Jeff Davis, the guy who sold my ruby. He's the best guy to deal with!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370642892424?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

_t2ec16rhjgke9no8hmkqbqowdkb_c___60_3.jpg

_t2ec16zhjhwe9n8ii0q8bqowdirp____60_3.jpg

_t2ec16fhjhee9ny2p_s4bqowdo_ulg__60_57.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy, That price is surely an unheated sapphire price. Maybe this will help you move on. :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this emerald from Litnon? Huge for the price of $3,495. Can't tell from one photo what's going on in the center of the stone, but for a 9 carat stone for that color and price, someone should ask for more pics :naughty:

8-31-12litnonemerald.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1346416513|3260203 said:
How about this emerald from Litnon? Huge for the price of $3,495. Can't tell from one photo what's going on in the center of the stone, but for a 9 carat stone for that color and price, someone should ask for more pics :naughty:

Marked sold now! If it was a PSer, please post pics when it comes

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a honker of an emerald. Light in tone with likely a window but it's still a good price. Treatment? Geez, with a lower SG, that's one very big stone.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great price for a 9-ct stone.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I can't figure out why no one has purchased these Gary Braun cat's eye emeralds:

http://www.finewatergems.com/emerald.html (scroll down)

I think they are very awesome, and the matched pair would make heirloom-quality earrings. Pop those emeralds into a princess diamond halo, with good diamonds, and we're talking "James Bond evening in Monaco" quality. :naughty:

ETA: MB, can we add IDJewelry to the setting vendor's list? I'm not sure how to do that?

(also, I'm not comfortable with opening a DB account, I don't know why, it feels very odd and I keep feeling I shouldn't. Can't explain it :sick: )

489655.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I drooled over Gary's emerald cabs, iLander. And Uppy's sapphire & Arkteia's tsavorite. Why wasn't I born with a trust fund?????

--- Laurie

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1346636755|3261583 said:
I can't figure out why no one has purchased these Gary Braun cat's eye emeralds:

http://www.finewatergems.com/emerald.html (scroll down)

I think they are very awesome, and the matched pair would make heirloom-quality earrings. Pop those emeralds into a princess diamond halo, with good diamonds, and we're talking "James Bond evening in Monaco" quality. :naughty:

ETA: MB, can we add IDJewelry to the setting vendor's list? I'm not sure how to do that?

(also, I'm not comfortable with opening a DB account, I don't know why, it feels very odd and I keep feeling I shouldn't. Can't explain it :sick: )

That cats eye were on my short list of buying. I had this intense urge to buy something in that range... but I ended up with a diamond.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I too have been admiring those emerald cat eyes, and the yellow sapphire. I've been on a huge tool binge lately though. Dust collector and infill planes for my woodshop have limited my discretionary spending. I did manage to liberate the 80% achroite tourmaline though.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I love the cat's eye emeralds! Both are sold now. I wish I saw them a little earlier.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I fell in love again! Tanzanian blue spinel from David Dawson, Rough2Refined. 6.99 ct., 12 x 10.37 x 6.76. It's not for sale -- I think he wants to cuddle it a while. I'd marry it!

_759.jpg

_760.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results