carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
edelweissmaedl|1447714754|3950493 said:
Acinom where did you get those images? Did Gene do another periscope?
He did a video. You can see it if you scroll down on the 'what's new' page. The images are stills from the video.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
All my Gene email issues were my fault, :sick: he got right back to me once I fixed my spam list.

But that didn't help me when that FABULOUS tourmaline came up, I was too slow! :nono:

It. Is. So. Beautiful.

I really hope someone posts RL pix of it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too was slow and missed the tourmaline.

I shall contact Gene and request for a custom piece once the piggy bank has been fattened up.

DK :))

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
I asked him about custom cutting after I missed the step cut London blue topaz. Curious to see how his new option goes, since he wasn't open to that previously.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone :wavey:

Been a little while, but had to post this addition :dance:

Picked up this tanzanite:

image_3935.jpg

Trying out something a bit different.

Gene%20Tanzanite%20Test%202.gif

Gene's original photo shows the color perfectly, little gif above has some color distortion to get it board size.

Surrounded by 2 previous Gene Tanzanites

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
Do you have jewelry plans for the tanzanite?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
edelweissmaedl|1447973835|3951876 said:
Do you have jewelry plans for the tanzanite?

A pair of earrings and a pendant. :devil: :bigsmile:
Love the sparkle/flash in the gif.

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
edelweissmaedl: Chrono nailed it, looking at building a quad set - 2 earrings, necklace, and ring. Still waiting for one more :)

Chrono: Very hopeful to complete the set soon. Trying with the sparkle/flash/glimmer etc - trying to show just how it looks without effects to the photo - even though it's kinda rough on here... working to improve that in the future. Glad you like it - totally something different :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RTFrog|1447960966|3951793 said:
Hello everyone :wavey:

Been a little while, but had to post this addition :dance:

Picked up this tanzanite:

image_3935.jpg

Trying out something a bit different.

Gene%20Tanzanite%20Test%202.gif

Gene's original photo shows the color perfectly, little gif above has some color distortion to get it board size.

Surrounded by 2 previous Gene Tanzanites

You'll have to tell me how you posted that .gif

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
Hi Niel,

Took a test example of the following ring to show you:

I took multiple images and a video for comparison, put them together in any image editor, and then compressed them for the board.

Unfortunately when compressing Gifs for the reduction, you see artifacts and reduce clarity (and sparkle :(( )

Once finished with that, I then uploaded it to Pricescope as an attachment.

Hope that helps! Ring%201%20Cropped%20Rtfrog%20copy.jpg

Ring%201%20Example%20RTfrog%20Full.gif

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
A couple of news stones listed. I like the cut of the peridot!

_1127.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RTFrog|1448302648|3953175 said:
Hi Niel,

Took a test example of the following ring to show you:

I took multiple images and a video for comparison, put them together in any image editor, and then compressed them for the board.

Unfortunately when compressing Gifs for the reduction, you see artifacts and reduce clarity (and sparkle :(( )

Once finished with that, I then uploaded it to Pricescope as an attachment.

Hope that helps! Ring%201%20Cropped%20Rtfrog%20copy.jpg

Ring%201%20Example%20RTfrog%20Full.gif

What's the max file size for a gif on this site? Any idea?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I got the pink tourmaline! I'm surprised no one snapped it right away ....

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1450584309|3963728 said:
Wow, that's great. Congrats!
Any ideas on how you will set it?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Historically, December is always my slowest month, with the fewest sales. Maybe 90% of my none trade customers are women, who I assume for the most part are buying the stones for themselves. So they are not really gift items. Come December, they now turn their attention to gift items, maybe for their partners. Hopefully for us guys, they are shopping at the Apple Store, and not buying gemstones!

Hope everyone here at Pricescope has a nice holiday season.

One last thing.... Don't support cruelty and buy a Christmas puppy from a pet store. 99% of puppies in pet stores come from puppy mills, where there mothers spend their entire life in small cages churning out litter after litter, often outside in the cold. A horrible existence.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PrecisionGem|1450623075|3963843 said:

Historically, December is always my slowest month, with the fewest sales. Maybe 90% of my none trade customers are women, who I assume for the most part are buying the stones for themselves. So they are not really gift items. Come December, they now turn their attention to gift items, maybe for their partners. Hopefully for us guys, they are shopping at the Apple Store, and not buying gemstones!

One last thing.... Don't support cruelty and buy a Christmas puppy from a pet store. 99% of puppies in pet stores come from puppy mills, where there mothers spend their entire life in small cages churning out litter after litter, often outside in the cold. A horrible existence.

My mother adopted the sweetest Cavalier King Charles spaniel. She was a pupply mill mom. She's maybe 3 or 5? I am not sure. Either way, I'm not sure she'd ever walked before. The pads of her feet were like a puppies. Soft and pale. Very sad. Luckily she's living the lap of luxury now.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is a nice size Tourmaline and a very pretty pink color, but for me I wondered if it would be eye-clean (my preference is eye-clean from 6" away top and sides).

I hope the Tourmaline is everything you hope for OTL!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Do you have anymore Tsavs in the pipeline?

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1450628483|3963874 said:

My mother adopted the sweetest Cavalier King Charles spaniel. She was a pupply mill mom. She's maybe 3 or 5? I am not sure. Either way, I'm not sure she'd ever walked before. The pads of her feet were like a puppies. Soft and pale. Very sad. Luckily she's living the lap of luxury now.

That's so nice to hear. So many times these rescued puppy mill mothers make the best, most appreciative pets. We have a little Yorkie that spent the first 3 years of her life in a Lancaster Pa Amish puppy mill. She was abused pretty bad, and is still afraid to be picked up. We have had her for 4 years now, and she has come around a lot. She couldn't breed, I think because she was so afraid, and that's why the puppy mill gave her up.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
How did the Tsav last as long as it did??? :???: :shock:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PrecisionGem|1450701550|3964189 said:
Niel|1450628483|3963874 said:

That's so nice to hear. So many times these rescued puppy mill mothers make the best, most appreciative pets. We have a little Yorkie that spent the first 3 years of her life in a Lancaster Pa Amish puppy mill. She was abused pretty bad, and is still afraid to be picked up. We have had her for 4 years now, and she has come around a lot. She couldn't breed, I think because she was so afraid, and that's why the puppy mill gave her up.

I have a cav too from an Amish farm, rather than puppy mill, exactly. But it still wasn't the right environment for that kind of dog. They just need human company, really need it. He lived like livestock outside in a barn with a roaming area. They let me buy him because he was too big and they wanted smaller pups.

Sorry for the thread jack!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love:

1611.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new pink stones. All but the spinel have sold already (check out that ruby). :love:

image_4134.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_71125|1451164577|3966516 said:
Love the new pink stones. All but the spinel have sold already (check out that ruby). :love:

image_4134.jpg

Love the clarity and faceting on the pink spinel. I also love the fact that all three stones this time are in the same color family - such a treat for the eyes. :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
OTL|1451767303|3969746 said:
Received!

Wow it's gorgeous! Any plans to set it yet?

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
OTL that pink looks beautiful against your skin. Congrats! I would need to halo it to make it work for me

I'm the happy new owner of Gene's latest unheated Winza Ruby. The gem had great clarity and color stats posted on Gene's site but I still gasped when I received it in Saturday. I really love so many things about this gem: The color is true red leaning towards purple as is my preference. There is a little wisp of blue sapphire, so it is clearly a Winza. There is lots of crystal and clarity and of course that expected Ruby glow. Best perhaps is how the many precision facets break up the glow into little glittery bits. And the profile of this gem is well proportioned. Nothing to hide and everything to show off. As usual my iPhone doesn't capture the detail I wish it would. In the collage below the upper right is Gene's phito and the other three are mine. The upper left gem box photo shows the color it see. Looks more pink in the photos in my hand

As for setting I am thinking a three stone with diamonds. But proportioned so diamonds enhance but don't overwhelm. White gold. Setting and prongs that shows off as much of the Ruby as possible but also lower profile. It's a ways off anyway. But this stone has risen to number two in my setting list.

Happy New Year to All!!

_35885.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL: what a beautiful pink. You have made a great choice. Congrats!
How will you set your new stone?

Sungura: what a dreamstone! I am so glad you bought it so we can drool some more. Definitely a stone with oomph and impact.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura: your ruby looks stunning! I like its little blue sapphire corner sneaking in :))

arabella

Shiny_Rock
:-o I really missed out over the holidays! OTL and Sungura, you both have some lovely new stones!! I love them both!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results