shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo good luck to you both lovesvintage and arabellaThe pad and spinel are gorgeous. I want to see more and more of them

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1446018811|3942920 said:
Oooooo good luck to you both lovesvintage and arabellaThe pad and spinel are gorgeous. I want to see more and more of them

+1 :naughty:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I got the Vietnamese spinel!!! It will be mailed out today. I will post pics when I receive it. :dance:

tankyu

Rough_Rock
_lovesvintage_, is there a thread or are there any pictures of your darker oval? Still hunting for that perfect sapphire, and I'm wondering how his darker stones actually look in real life. The Gemewizard swatches give some idea, but are, of course, very static. Do you find it very dark all the time with some flashes of color, or blue all the time?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1446040973|3942980 said:
I got the Vietnamese spinel!!! It will be mailed out today. I will post pics when I receive it. :dance:

Congrats lovesvintage! I can't wait to see those hand shots!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
tankyu said:
_lovesvintage_, is there a thread or are there any pictures of your darker oval? Still hunting for that perfect sapphire, and I'm wondering how his darker stones actually look in real life. The Gemewizard swatches give some idea, but are, of course, very static. Do you find it very dark all the time with some flashes of color, or blue all the time?

Hi tankyu! I have not posted any pics of it anywhere b/c it was hard for me to take them at the time I was trying to do so. I will try again and come post. It is dark, but depending on the lighting, I will see flashes of color from it. It is always blue, and I would say more of a denim blue. My stone is from the new find at Mambilla, Nigeria. I plan to have it set east/west one day.

Thanks Elle_71125! :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think he doesn't like me lately :nono: I emailed him a couple of times, a few weeks back, and he didn't reply. Nothing of consequence, though, not important stuff at all.

Was there an email announcing the drop? I didn't get one of those either. :confused:

That ruby is gorgeous, congrats to whomever grabbed that one. :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1446045158|3943015 said:
I think he doesn't like me lately :nono: I emailed him a couple of times, a few weeks back, and he didn't reply. Nothing of consequence, though, not important stuff at all.

Was there an email announcing the drop? I didn't get one of those either. :confused:

That ruby is gorgeous, congrats to whomever grabbed that one. :appl:

iLander, there was an e-mail. He has never responded to my general e-mails either from his contact me link, I just get the ones in response to thanks for the order, will ship out today.

Ok, tankyu, here is my best shots that I could get of my sapphire with my camera phone. If any part of the sapphire looks black to you, I assure you it is not. This is definitely a stone that is best taken with the best equipment and set up. I see a beautiful shade of blue and in direct sunlight the flashes are even better. The stats on my 1.35 ct stone: color 8/10, clarity 10/10, brilliance 4/5, TQR 8.7

img_20151028_101641.jpg

img_20151028_101723.jpg

img_20151028_102755.jpg

img_20151028_102222.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Gene's glamour shot of my stone. There is no color zoning in person, which was stated in its description.

1557_blue_sapphire_nigeria.jpg

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
iLander, I tried emailing you a few times, but the emails get bounced back. Same thing with my email drop listing. Your's gets bounced back. You must have me blocked or something.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
PrecisionGem said:
iLander, I tried emailing you a few times, but the emails get bounced back. Same thing with my email drop listing. Your's gets bounced back. You must have me blocked or something.

I knew Gene was a good guy! :appl:

What the heck is wrong with my stinking email?! :(

A couple of people have also mentioned that their emails to me have bounced. I'll try again, we'll work it out. Somehow. I added you to my contacts, maybe that will help?

I hate computers. :nono:

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am delighted to share that it was I who managed to snag the stunning ruby. Thank you, Gene.

I'd like to be gracious about it but .... :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: :loopy: :loopy: :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

It will be sent to Erica at Love Affair Diamonds to work on a setting but not til the New Year, so no pics until Q1 2016, I'm afraid.

Now, how to explain to my long suffering husband that "oops, I accidentally bought a ruby"...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
BlingObsession said:
I am delighted to share that it was I who managed to snag the stunning ruby. Thank you, Gene.

I'd like to be gracious about it but .... :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: :loopy: :loopy: :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

It will be sent to Erica at Love Affair Diamonds to work on a setting but not til the New Year, so no pics until Q1 2016, I'm afraid.

Now, how to explain to my long suffering husband that "oops, I accidentally bought a ruby"...

Good for you!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BUT we MUST have pictures when you receive the stone! Sorry, I don't make the rules . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

arabella

Shiny_Rock
I got the pad! Never fear everyone, I will post pics... don't want to get banned :cheeky: hehe. Happy that you got the spinel lovesvintage! I love the oval shape of your sapphire and I sympathize with having trouble taking pictures of stones that match what you see. I think you got a really good shot of the flashes of color.

iLander, maybe check and see that your inbox isn't full? That could explain why you're having trouble getting new emails. Other than that, not sure what could be causing the problem.

BlingObsession, sooooo jealous and excited for you! You must indulge us with at least a couple of pictures once you have the stone in hand :halo:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Congrats arabella and BlingObsession! :appl: :appl: :appl: Can't wait to see pics! :) Excited about the LAD ring! Do you have plans for your sapphire yet, arabella?

Yes, that sapphire of mine will definitely be set in an open type setting one day.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to the owners pics of the new stones, and finished jewellery!

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to everyone. You MUST post pictures when you receive your Gene stones! :appl:

tankyu

Rough_Rock
Congrats to BlingObsession and arabella. Those are some gorgeous stones. I can't wait to see more pictures.

And thanks so much, _lovesvintage_. I think the cutting on Precision Gem's stones is phenomenal, of course, but I'm still in the very early stages of learning how to "read" vendor pictures. I've searched through all the threads that come up for a couple vendors through Google, as well as the comparison thread, but you can never have too much data!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Yw, tankyu! Glad I could help. Precision cut gems are beautifully cut, but you definitely still need to see the gem in person as well to see if you will love it. You could probably request more pics or possibly a video from some vendors too. Hopefully this will help narrow done your choices though. The expert CS PSers will definitely be able to help you out more if you have any other questions by starting your own thread, especially if this is a very special stone purchase for you. I would consider myself a newbie and definitely a CS enthusiast.

I see now that you do have a thread...awesome! Hope you find your dream engagement stone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1446048908|3943036 said:
Here is Gene's glamour shot of my stone. There is no color zoning in person, which was stated in its description.

Stunning stone lovesvintage. I love it even more in your pics.

Congrats all with your new stones! Looking forward to admire your pics and setting ideas.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1446118246|3943343 said:
Congrats to everyone. You MUST post pictures when you receive your Gene stones! :appl:

Well, mine will be shipped direct from Gene to Erica at LAD. It is easy to receive shipments here in Dubai but harder to ship out (getting insurance is the problem) therefore it's safer if it goes direct to Erica. I know it will seem weird to many of you that I haven't seen the stone in real life before I set it but I have a number of Gene's stones and they always exceed my very high expectations. So I'm not concerned about not liking it or being disappointed.

When Erica receives it, I'll ask if she can take some shots and I'll post them.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
I got my pad in the mail today! By the time I got home the sun was setting so I didn't get many good pictures with my phone. I think I'll have to dig out my actual camera because my phone is not capturing the color I see indoors. I'll try and take more tomorrow if I get a chance but I did manage to get a good one outside! [emoji7]

imageuploadedbytapatalk1446509427.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Acinom! :wavey: That sapphire is definitely prettier in person.

Arabella, thanks for the teaser pic and can't wait to see more. It looks very beautiful so far. :love:

Here are my teaser pics as the sun was already down by the time I got a chance to open my goody package. I will post more pics when the sun is out again. Very beautiful flashes of color! :love:

img_20151103_020811.jpg

img_20151103_021021.jpg

img_20151103_021631.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The newest round-up is in.

Malawi Garnet
image_3980.jpg

Purple CZ
image_3981.jpg

Oregon Sunstone
image_3982.jpg

Spessartite Garnet
image_3983.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new round is in!
A purple garnet
A blue green Afghan tourmaline
An Oregon sunstone

_777.jpeg

_778.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the pictures, from his site

Blue green tourmaline

image_3991.jpg

Purple garnet

image_3992.jpg

I am so bummed that they are already sold (I guess that's what I get for going to the mall today, instead of incessantly checking my email). :doh:

I love that blue green tourmaline. The color is gorgeous. :love:
I hope someone here bought it so I can at least see hand shots.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
That tourmaline is amazing. So sad I slept in today :((

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I love the purple garnet and tourmaline! WAAAAHHHH for being slow (but my wallet is thrilled, :lol: )

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I liked the tourmaline. I hope someone from here got it and post some pics. :bigsmile:

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
Acinom where did you get those images? Did Gene do another periscope?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results