shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sungura: your new ruby looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the extra pics. It looked a bit plummy in Gene's photo, but seems to have a great red color in yours. Can't wait to see how you set it, and what sort of inspiration rings you draw from.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for kind words Acinom, Minou, Arabella, and Chroman. I was really lucky to get this Ruby. I just opened my email at the right time. I hardly looked at the picture. I saw the stats for color and clarity and the price and hit that 'buy' button as fast as I could. A precision cut Winza Ruby was at the top of my wish list when I started reading this forum. Gene has had a few and one was on Loupe Troop. So very happy to have this one with its little bit of blue sapphire peaking through from the girdle - thanks for noticing Minou(lower left pic). I lived in Tanzania for several years in a village that makes the third point in a triangle between winza and Mahenge but winza is closer

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1452048500|3971409 said:
Thanks for kind words Acinom, Minou, Arabella, and Chroman. I was really lucky to get this Ruby. I just opened my email at the right time. I hardly looked at the picture. I saw the stats for color and clarity and the price and hit that 'buy' button as fast as I could. A precision cut Winza Ruby was at the top of my wish list when I started reading this forum. Gene has had a few and one was on Loupe Troop. So very happy to have this one with its little bit of blue sapphire peaking through from the girdle - thanks for noticing Minou(lower left pic). I lived in Tanzania for several years in a village that makes the third point in a triangle between winza and Mahenge but winza is closer

How exciting that you actually got to live there! Clearly, a meant-to-be if there ever was one. :))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sangura, congrats on snagging that gorgeous ruby. :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Sungura|1451925878|3970433 said:
OTL that pink looks beautiful against your skin. Congrats! I would need to halo it to make it work for me

I'm the happy new owner of Gene's latest unheated Winza Ruby. The gem had great clarity and color stats posted on Gene's site but I still gasped when I received it in Saturday. I really love so many things about this gem: The color is true red leaning towards purple as is my preference. There is a little wisp of blue sapphire, so it is clearly a Winza. There is lots of crystal and clarity and of course that expected Ruby glow. Best perhaps is how the many precision facets break up the glow into little glittery bits. And the profile of this gem is well proportioned. Nothing to hide and everything to show off. As usual my iPhone doesn't capture the detail I wish it would. In the collage below the upper right is Gene's phito and the other three are mine. The upper left gem box photo shows the color it see. Looks more pink in the photos in my hand

As for setting I am thinking a three stone with diamonds. But proportioned so diamonds enhance but don't overwhelm. White gold. Setting and prongs that shows off as much of the Ruby as possible but also lower profile. It's a ways off anyway. But this stone has risen to number two in my setting list.

Happy New Year to All!!

Oh my, it's stunning - big congrats sungura!!! Love your pics too, I can certainly see why you had one of these on your wish list. I'm happy for you :)

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Sungura: Awesome!! It was so totally meant to be! I'm so glad you love it. :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image_4186.jpg

image_4187.jpg

image_4188.jpg

Here's the newest round up. :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that pink/purple sapphire and tanzanite are TDF! :love: :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously, I'm surprised that the sapphire hasn't sold yet. I love that color.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got an email for Gene's newest stones.
I'm personally loving the green tourmaline.

image_4254.jpg
image_4255.jpg

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tried to jump on the mint tourmaline............slow computer connection, takes forever to send and receive anything when time is of the essence! :wall: Haven't heard anything so will have hope until I hear otherwise. Gene's stones are so beautiful!! :love:

arabella

Shiny_Rock
I love the trillion cut on the rhodolite, very cool looking. I'm looking forward to seeing the Mahenge garnet and the some of the other new rough faceted!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
digdeep|1456161454|3994011 said:
I tried to jump on the mint tourmaline............slow computer connection, takes forever to send and receive anything when time is of the essence! :wall: Haven't heard anything so will have hope until I hear otherwise. Gene's stones are so beautiful!! :love:

I hope you get it. It looks like Such a pretty color . :D

picante27

Shiny_Rock
elle_71125|1456161995|3994016 said:

Hmmm, I bought the tourmaline a little over an hour ago and received a paypal receipt. But, I noticed that the website did not update and say that it was sold. I wonder if the site is having issues today...

niter

Rough_Rock
picante27|1456162359|3994018 said:
elle_71125|1456161995|3994016 said:

Hmmm, I bought the tourmaline a little over an hour ago and received a paypal receipt. But, I noticed that the website did not update and say that it was sold. I wonder if the site is having issues today...

Yay! I cannot wait to see what you create with it. I'm glad a PSer got it. :dance:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oops, what I meant when I said I hadn't "heard" was that I hadn't heard from Gene himself. His website takes the info and kicks out the receipts (Paypal and Precision Gem) but until you hear from Gene..........you don't know if you were first in line. So, we wait.....and wait.......and hope.......and hope! Hopefully it will be a PS'er that gets it!! :appl:

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Oh, ha ha, I didn't realize that was how it worked. I was wondering why it wasn't marked as "sold" after I checked out. It's a very pretty tourmaline, I love the color!

Thanks niter! Hopefully it will go to a PSer!

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
I just got the email, I got the morganite. I hope I love it!

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrat's! I just got the email too........the one that said 'too late' on the blue green tourmaline. Sure hope someone here snagged it so I can see more of it.............

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone gets what they want - funny, but I thought they were all rather "meh" this time around...

picante27

Shiny_Rock
I got the email that I, too, missed the minty blue tourmaline. Oh well...I really like that antique cushion cut

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry........I was hopeful that you got it! And yes, that cut was a big reason I wanted the stone.........plus the color rating was very high even though there were inclusions. Oh well, now I remember why I usually 'just look' when Gene's stones come out.......

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
I received my morganite. It is the shade I had been after....more of the peachy pink and not just pink. It does seem that I fall in the camp of it matching my skin tone though:(

I don't have immediate plans, but tend to want all my stones in rings. I'm wondering if I should try for contrast in metal color (or bezel or halo) to help it not blend in with my skin so much when I do start planning? Seems like many just stay away. Anyone tried to make it work instead of walking away?

img_10943.jpg

img_10944.jpg

img_10945.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you love this colour, then I would try my best to make it work for you by adding a contrasting border, most likely a halo.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene's newest gems.
I like the orange spessartite the best. Looks like the amethyst is already sold.

image_4321.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The newest round of beauties

image_4361.jpg

I deliberated over that gorgeous teal tourmaline. :love: It sold quickly so I hope someone from PS got it so we can ogle more pics.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Elle - I did purchase and get a paypal receipt for the green tourmaline, but it sounds like that's no guarantee...I will let you know if it was me!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Desertrose|1459632076|4014721 said:
Hi Elle - I did purchase and get a paypal receipt for the green tourmaline, but it sounds like that's no guarantee...I will let you know if it was me!

Best of luck. I hope it was you.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just received confirmation from Gene that I got the blue-green Tourmaline - I e-mailed him immediately after completing the PayPal transaction (sorry Desertrose).

My first stone by Gene, and a blue-green Tourmaline, at long last!

DK :bigsmile:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1459633934|4014735 said:
Just received confirmation from Gene that I got the blue-green Tourmaline - I e-mailed him immediately after completing the PayPal transaction (sorry Desertrose).

My first stone by Gene, and a blue-green Tourmaline, at long last!

DK :bigsmile:

Congrats DK! :clap:
I can't wait to see what you do with it.

While I was daydreaming about getting that stone I was remembering this unique setting.
image_4362.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results