shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring Studs in colored stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
But the surprise of the bunch was the topaz. I got two 9.9mm rounds intended for some sort of dangling earring. But now, I''m thinking studs might be the way to go. I''d never have thought I''d consider 10mm rounds for myself.

TopazStudIdea1.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey AN those are very nice. I posted over on their thread.

And I think the larger stones would droop most of the time, like your jeweler said. So now you''re getting studs and dangles.

You really have been busy.
9.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll post pics as soon as I get them but just wanted to say that the 6mm studs look quite nicely sized on me. In fact, I don''t think that I would go larger. And I''m so glad that I didn''t get the 10mm studs as I''m LOVING them as dangles and feel they would have been too big on me as studs.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ear lobes are pretty small. I like 4 to 5 mm on me.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s been awhile, but I''m back with earshots! Though I said I was perfectly happy with the 6mm size and couldn''t see going much longer, I just wanted to say that I still think 6mm is a great size but that larger could also work well too!

Also, if you want to see what the studs look like in earring jackets you can check out this thread.

So, here are earshots close-up and further away. And unfortunately I didn''t clean my jewelry first, so apologies for that. First, the apatite.

ApatiteStuds.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
And next, the tourmalines.

TourmalineStuds.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the earlobes are very small, and you have several holes in them, it could fly but in general I would prefer something of 4 - 4.5 mm. I think if you set them in bezel it would optically enlarge them. Or buy jackets - I have seen some that are very delicate. Trouble is, all these artificial "birthday stones" that most of jewelry stores carry are all small. So a very small real stone may look exactly the same way, and no one except you would know the difference. Yet you want people to see that beautiful stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results