shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring jackets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking to buy a set of earring jackets to fit colored stone studs that are in the 6mm (0.75ct diamond size) range.

Here are some I''ve found:

Whiteflash jackets 0.38ct F/G; VS melee for $699 (their 0.50ct jackets are $950)

Ebay jackets 0.50ct H/SI2 for $425

Amazon jackets 0.50ct GH/I1-2 normally $430...available for $301

Undoubtedly, the best earrings here are the Whiteflash ones. But I wonder if those would be somewhat wasted on me? I have an LOGR pendant with H/SI diamonds and I''m pleased with those. I''d prefer to stay under $450 for a pair, but I don''t know if those expectations are unrealistic. I wish the ebay ones came from a regular jeweler website, and I''m afraid that the Amazon ones will look like frozen spit, but I don''t know if my diamond eye is really attuned enough to be able to see it in earring jacket melee.

Basically, I''m looking for recommendations concerning the level of melee I need, other recommended vendors who would have good jackets in my price range, etc. All help is appreciated!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I love your avatar. David Austen, right? I have a lot of his roses in the garden, they are so beautiful.

I also have some jackets from WF, got them a long time ago and I''ve been really happy with them. The melee really are tiny, and to be honest I don''t see an awful lot of sparkle from them, but they flatter my studs and add a bit of size. I probably wouldn''t drop the quality, because these are nicely made and very comfortable.

I dream of a pink diamond pair, and a yellow pair. Someday!

Here they are, with studs and with a sapphire drop earring.

jkflwjreoi899oik3.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Mrs. Mitchell, for the info and pictures on your Whiteflash jackets. If the sparkle of your diamonds isn''t that great, is there a reason why the SI2 or even I2-3 diamonds wouldn''t serve the same purpose of adding some size and glitz to regular studs?

As far as the roses, I love David Austin roses but unfortunately they don''t do very well where I live. Thankfully there are a lot of old garden roses that do well. But I took my name after another English citizen...Jane Austen!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure, but my thinking was that they needed to be as good as possible to do anything. They really are teeny tiny, but I do get some sparkle from them. I think the main thing is that they''re well cut, especially at that size. Also, the quality of them overall is nice, so they are comfortable.

That said, if you can order the amazon ones with a return policy, maybe you could give them a try? If you liked them, that would be great, if not, you''d know better what you need to look for, if you see what I mean?

Good luck - hope you find a pair in budget to scratch the itch!

Jen

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, Jen. I decided to contact LOGR to see what their price would be to have these made with H/SI diamonds. Their answer? $550. So I''ve decided to try the Amazon earring jackets on sale. And the nice thing is that they have free return shipping. I''ll be sure to let you know how they turn out!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Cool! I hope they make you happy, but if not, the return policy will be fine!

Photos, please.

Jen

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Well, last night I got the earring jackets in. And...they''re great! They''re not icy white, but they''re still white and are a great foil with my colored studs. And they''re not frozen spit! Though my pictures are not very good (I''m increasingly amazed at the fabulous shots PSers take of their stones and jewelry) the diamonds really are clear. (I received a frozen spit diamond pendant a few months ago so I definitely know what it looks like.)

My only possible issue is that the jackets might be a tad too large for my pendants, and that maybe I should have gone down a size. I haven''t decided yet if I''m going to keep this size or get the size smaller. Of course, it leaves me with some room to get larger studs in the future.
31.gif

So, without further ado, pictures!

Amazonjackets.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
The jackets with apatite, tourmaline, and pink CZ studs.

Amazoncollage.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
And since I love ear shots, here are a few. This first set is with the apatite.

Amazonapatite.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
The next set is with some pink tourmalines that look kind of peachy-fleshy tones in these pictures. (The stones'' color varies.)

Amazontourmaline.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly, some earshots with some pink CZ stones. Okay, so they''re not real, but the diamonds are!

Amazonpinkcz.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
they look pretty good to me! congrats on a great find! i would also keep the larger ones, better to have a little bit of extra room than not enough!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
They look really nice! Glad you''re happy with them, and I think they look stunning with the apatite.

Jen

Turpinm1

Rough_Rock
Austen, what size are your jackets? I am wanting to get some jackets myself and would like a frame of reference. Thanks!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty jackets! Have fun playing around with all your new ways of jazzing up your earrings.
1.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
they look great!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results