shape
carat
color
clarity

Zig Zag cut Blue Tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I HATE you!!!

29.gif

JK.

9.gif
You are doubly lucky to have such wonderful tourmalines and have them cut by JD too. I so wanted the JD trilliant because it was very neon for a non copper bearing tourmaline but I had too many other stones in my acquisition list. I’m so glad you got it because now that’s one less temptation for me out there.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Both pieces are gorgeous-congrats!!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
speechless
23.gif

You are so lucky to not only have one JD stone but 2?!
36.gif
I am so envious!
30.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are gorgeous! John Dyer''s work is magnificent! I would love to have one his works of art, but I am sure it is waaay out of my budget.

*sigh* I guess it goes on the wish list, next to the Munsteineir piece.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
OMG! Those are stunning. I don''t think I''ve ever seen a stone with a cut like that before (i.e. zig zag). I would so set it in a bangle bracelet b/c it looks a little big for a ring, but I would still want to look at it all the time
27.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

Woah.

That''s - woah.

It''s wicked cool!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT color and an interesting cut. Enjoy!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:11:21 AM
Author: Chrono

I HATE you!!!

29.gif

JK.

9.gif
You are doubly lucky to have such wonderful tourmalines and have them cut by JD too. I so wanted the JD trilliant because it was very neon for a non copper bearing tourmaline but I had too many other stones in my acquisition list. I’m so glad you got it because now that’s one less temptation for me out there.

32.gif

Chrono - I held my breath when I saw your discussion about this trilliant stone and Paraiba - I was kicking myself for not having bought it sooner, and then when I saw you hadn''t bought it, well I had to have it. Knowing it had your seal of approval made it even more desirable.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It''s kind of embarrassing saying thanks when I actually haven''t really done anything.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 3:17:37 PM
Author: klewis
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It''s kind of embarrassing saying thanks when I actually haven''t really done anything.
We are complimenting your exquisite taste in picking out great coloured and very well cut gemstones. It''s nothing to be embarrased about.
16.gif
It sets a super high standard for us and of course, more eye candy to come.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Klewis--Do you mind if I asked where you purchased those? I went to http://www.johndyergems.com/ but it didn''t had any prices and his catalog said they only sold wholesale?! Forgive my ignorence
38.gif

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I am soooo craving this morganite
18.gif

Sorry...threadjack over
2.gif

mrg27_29.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Lovely color on both stones... and what a cool cut!!
18.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/20/2009 4:01:17 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 7/20/2009 3:17:37 PM
We are complimenting your exquisite taste in picking out great coloured and very well cut gemstones. It''s nothing to be embarrased about.
16.gif
It sets a super high standard for us and of course, more eye candy to come.
Ditto!!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 7:02:42 PM
Author: QueenB29
Klewis--Do you mind if I asked where you purchased those? I went to http://www.johndyergems.com/ but it didn''t had any prices and his catalog said they only sold wholesale?! Forgive my ignorence
38.gif

I used a local (NZ) vendor

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
QueenBee,
Shoot John Dyer an email and ask him for a list of available retailers that can sell you these stones. The thing I don't know is if you can get a better price with one retailer vs another. For example, can Wink Jones give you a better price than Richard Wise, or vice versa? I know they both sell his stones, but I'm not sure how they're priced. That's something you can also probably ask JD.

Either way you go, his stones are not cheap.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 9:35:01 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
QueenBee,
Shoot John Dyer an email and ask him for a list of available retailers that can sell you these stones. The thing I don''t know is if you can get a better price with one retailer vs another. For example, can Wink Jones give you a better price than Richard Wise, or vice versa? I know they both sell his stones, but I''m not sure how they''re priced. That''s something you can also probably ask JD.

Either way you go, his stones are not cheap.
You are telling me!

I was lucky enough to see in person a suite (4 stones) of Imperial Topaz he cut. It was a cool $176,000 as I recall. I handed it back pretty quick. Fabulous cutting, but a tad on the dark side for me!!

One day .....

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Klewis...those stones are breath taking!!WOW!!
30.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 10:05:20 AM
Author: Gailey

I was lucky enough to see in person a suite (4 stones) of Imperial Topaz he cut. It was a cool $176,000 as I recall. I handed it back pretty quick. Fabulous cutting, but a tad on the dark side for me!!

One day .....

Wow! a lot of $$. Were they large stones?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A suite always cost more per carat than a single stone of the same quality because they match perfectly, which is a difficult thing to achieve.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one COOL stone!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 10:34:03 AM
Author: mochi
Klewis...those stones are breath taking!!WOW!!
30.gif

Thanks Mochi. Having to wait until September to actually see the trillion is fine because I have the zigzag cut to admire in the mean time and still know there''s another treat to come. I''ve been really spoiled rotten and I could get used to it.
25.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!! Beautiful! The color is absolutely amazing.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
T-Gal & szh07- thanks

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
QueenB, if you find out what range his stones cost - like more than Richard Homer, please let me know. There are so many beauties on those pages.

And that ZigZag cut is a unique and beautiful find, KLewis. What are you going to do with it? I could see it as an E-W pendant. But then you would be looking down at it and yourself all the time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 3:44:39 PM
Author: litebrite
QueenB, if you find out what range his stones cost - like more than Richard Homer, please let me know. There are so many beauties on those pages.

And that ZigZag cut is a unique and beautiful find, KLewis. What are you going to do with it? I could see it as an E-W pendant. But then you would be looking down at it and yourself all the time.
Lite,
My experience is that JD''s stones cost more than RH''s stones.

John Dyer

Rough_Rock
Trade
Most retail jewelers can purchase from me for resale. I work more with Mr Wise than I have with Mr. Jones but am willing to work with either one.

As to cost, those Imperial Topaz that were talked about were one of the higher dollar items we have had. We have many pieces that retail for under 2k. Even a good number that can retail under $900.

This is the way it works, we do not sell direct to consumers so you should contact a retailer to get the gem from me. I can sometimes give an approximate retail price on an item so you have a ballpark idea of what it would cost you before you contact the retailer.

Glad everyone likes those gems so much. That color tourmaline is indeed hard to come by.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 3:14:39 PM

Date: 7/21/2009 10:05:20 AM
Author: Gailey

One day .....

Wow! a lot of $$. Were they large stones?
Very large, perfectly matched and definitely Crown Jewels material - just stunning. I feel very lucky to have seen them and I hope I am not going to get into trouble for mentioning them. Top quality Imperial Topaz in large gems, I am told, is about as rare as rocking horse doo-doo.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 3:44:39 PM
Author: litebrite

Hi litebrite. Thanks for the suggestion but I''m not really a pendant wearer although I can see the zigzag looking great as one. Go get one of those beauties you''ve seen. Have you seen the Malaya garnet on the bottom of page 17 on his site? it''s right next to the colour change garnet which I like the look of too.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Both stones are such nice eye catching colors! and the cuts... someday too I might be a lucky owner of a designer stone
11.gif
Thanks for sharing!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results