shape
carat
color
clarity

Yummy! I''ve got a pretty coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Hot off the cutting floor from Gene! Here is a finished photo of my new umbalite garnet!! He said he chose the most pink stone he had in the parcel.

Per Gene, it finished up at 7.18 mm and weighs 1.62 cts.

I think it is positively perfect!

AND, I know he is busy cutting some other pretties for what''s likely some PS''ers.

Gene, thanks!

I''m so happy to get it...although it will be next week...oh well...that''s my birthday week!!!

Thanks to my dear hubby for telling me I could pick out something from all the sites I''m always surfing! And thanks to all of you for showing your pretties all the time so I could go crazy trying to decide what to order!

18.gif
My one and only picture so far:

832.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is GORGEOUS! It looks like a flower!
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
oh and loving the new avatar, Cinnamon
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! That is absolutely gorgeous!! I think I''m having chest pains!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 11:46:11 PM
Author:cinnamon013
I think it is positively perfect!
You can say that again!!!
30.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
brown eyed girl, Kelli, mochi, and tourmaline lover: THANKS for your sweet comments! I made sure to post it as my new avatar!

I love the edges of the stone, which is why I don''t want to bezel it. That''s why I had the idea to do a soft halo sans diamonds around it so that the lovely edge would show. That is almost impossible to find. I''m now looking through some estate and antique sites to see if anything with filigree belongs with the ring and calls out to me. My only problem is that I have to do it on a budget. Oh well...makes the hunt fun and interesting.

I am considering Sally from Etsy as well. She does great work.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, you should not bezel that stone because part of the appeal are the edges. That''s a gorgeous cut, Gene does it again!! I would have loved to have bought his last Malaya in that cut. I hope he cuts more stones in that configuration.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:20:28 AM
Author: cinnamon013
brown eyed girl, Kelli, mochi, and tourmaline lover: THANKS for your sweet comments! I made sure to post it as my new avatar!

I love the edges of the stone, which is why I don''t want to bezel it. That''s why I had the idea to do a soft halo sans diamonds around it so that the lovely edge would show. That is almost impossible to find. I''m now looking through some estate and antique sites to see if anything with filigree belongs with the ring and calls out to me. My only problem is that I have to do it on a budget. Oh well...makes the hunt fun and interesting.

I am considering Sally from Etsy as well. She does great work.

I was just going to suggest Sally. And how about Green Lake Jewelry? Was it something like
this you were thinking of? An engraved halo?

Another and one more

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I agree TL - on the edges being awesome. He calls the cut "star 80" and in one of the descriptions he says that the cut prevents windowing when tilted. If you ever order from him, that''s his cut name.

BEG - those Greenlake designs are to die for! Wow...such beautiful work! But those prices are way outta my price range. So yes, someone who makes beauties like that but for a budget like mine. Hmm...I do realize the craziness of that.

I''m off to bed...if I can sleep!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
0.o I love this forum, I get to see things I''ve never seen before. That is a gorgeous stone.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW, WOW and more WOW!!!!

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh sweety its gorgeous! I think I''m gonna need a new gem from Gene soon
3.gif
11.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a gorgeous stone - I love the colour! Looking forward to seeing how you set it!
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A prong set will highlight the cutting much better. And happy birthday!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it''s just gorgeous in both color AND cut!!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW! I can''t wait to see more pics of that Beauty! And Happy Birthday to you!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Indeed!!!
30.gif
30.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow! the color and cut are fantastic! I hope my future stone looks that good. Gene seems to have some of the best umbalite/rhodolite colors.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful garnet! You will be thrilled when it arrives in person!!
36.gif

Umbalite fever is spreading......
11.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE it - that color is just TDF
30.gif
YUM
18.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That colour and that cut - just divine! Gene does amazing work!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, I LOVE THE CUT!
30.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks to everyone for your comments. It makes me feel great to have something so pretty to show off.

So I was driving to work today and all of the sudden the name Adwar jumped out of my head. I wasn't even thinking about settings right then. I was thinking about stopping for breakfast at a little mexican food restaurant. Last night, I had been wracking my brain trying to remember a company like Stuller that I knew produced settings. And then, BAM! All of the sudden it came to me and I actually said it out loud to myself.

Ok, maybe I'm officially crazy. But anyway, I searched a lot of pages and found a few settings that are kinda what I'm thinking of. I don't have any prices on these yet, but figure they can't be out of sight.

I'm wondering if the rope would blend with the flowery look of the stone? I also got a great setting idea from Sarah at goodoldgold which I'll post. It is really pretty as well.

The first two photos are of the one from goodoldgold.

tn_DSCN0001.JPG

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
second photo from good old gold

tn_DSCN9999.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results