shape
carat
color
clarity

Yummy! I''ve got a pretty coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Aha! How far do we need to look? Did you see the ring Chrono find in this topic?

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Do fancy cuts make stones any less durable? Or, are they maybe more durable?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
hey :) Did the stone arrive yet?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone; the waiting is the hardest!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes waiting is hard. BTW I have one coming too but it''s not as pink, more red. I was hoping for something like the color of babyblue''s. Gene say''s that these change depending on the light so I''ll see when I get mine. I''m hoping it''s a red purple. Sorry for the threadjack! I can''t wait to see yours :)

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 5:21:13 PM
Author: innerkitten
Yes waiting is hard. BTW I have one coming too but it''s not as pink, more red. I was hoping for something like the color of babyblue''s. Gene say''s that these change depending on the light so I''ll see when I get mine. I''m hoping it''s a red purple. Sorry for the threadjack! I can''t wait to see yours :)

I do have mine. I just took a look at babyblue''s and mine is nothing like hers. I can tell you that mine is the exact color of a bottle of Gatorade Rain berry flavor. Not at all what I expected. I''m still letting it grow on me. In all fairness to my new stone, I am pretty new to colored stones and only own two others that

I tried to get some photos of it, but none came out as a good representation of the way it looks IRL. I''ll have to try again with the photo shoot. I''ve had a rotten week - my husband''s father is dying and I had to make all of the arrangements for my husband to get out of town quickly to go and be with him. It''s been a stressful week and I''ve just not had a chance to try again on the photos.

For now, please enjoy this bottle of Gatorade as a representation of the color of my stone!
28.gif

gatorade_rain_1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about your FIL. That's so sad.

The gatorade color is pretty. Is your stone that light in saturation as well? It's difficult to take pictures of gemstones. I finally figured out how to do it on my camera using the portrait mode with macro setting. I was about to throw out my camera until I figured this out!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:35:55 PM
Author: cinnamon013

Date: 2/12/2009 5:21:13 PM

I do have mine. I just took a look at babyblue''s and mine is nothing like hers. I can tell you that mine is the exact color of a bottle of Gatorade Rain berry flavor. Not at all what I expected. I''m still letting it grow on me. In all fairness to my new stone, I am pretty new to colored stones and only own two others that

I tried to get some photos of it, but none came out as a good representation of the way it looks IRL. I''ll have to try again with the photo shoot. I''ve had a rotten week - my husband''s father is dying and I had to make all of the arrangements for my husband to get out of town quickly to go and be with him. It''s been a stressful week and I''ve just not had a chance to try again on the photos.

For now, please enjoy this bottle of Gatorade as a representation of the color of my stone!
28.gif
My thoughts and prayers are with you Cinnamon....

Lori

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:40:56 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I''m so sorry about your FIL. That''s so sad.

The gatorade color is pretty. Is your stone that light in saturation as well? It''s difficult to take pictures of gemstones. I finally figured out how to do it on my camera using the portrait mode with macro setting. I was about to throw out my camera until I figured this out!
Thanks TL for your kind words. Regarding the stone, it has excellent saturation as far as I''m concerned - it does not appear washed out at all.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your father in law. I hope the gem grows on you.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 7:08:13 PM
Author: loriken214

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cinnamon....

Lori
Thank you Lori. I appreciate it. My husband is really the one who has the most difficult situation.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 9:06:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your father in law. I hope the gem grows on you.
Thanks innerkitten. I do like the gem, it''s just not what I expected. It is very well cut. It has flashes of color that are sort of lavenderish purple. It actually looks great in my office lighting. Maybe I''m just in a funky mood or something...
20.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you expecting more red in the stone? It''s difficult to find lavender colored garnets.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 9:27:50 PM
Were you expecting more red in the stone? It''s difficult to find lavender colored garnets.
Yes, I think I thought it would be more of a raspberry color. I told him I didn''t want it to dark, so he picked the pinkest stone, which I didn''t realize would turn out like this. When I try to photograph it, it comes out darker in the photos than it is IRL. It actually has a lavender feel to it but is more pinkish than lavender. Here is a couple of pictures from my first photo shoot when I got it. It has a big fingerprint smudge in the photos - geez. He also took my newer camera - the one that I used. Maybe I should try taking photos with my older one.

tn_IMG_0118.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
With a few of it''s friends from Jeff White. I got these a year ago for my last birthday and have not yet set them. These are the only three stones I own.

tn_IMG_0189.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
These shows a bit more of the color I actually see.

tn_IMG_0154.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
it is not this dark IRL. Why would my photos show it as such?

tn_IMG_0138.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Nighttime and table lighting cast a yellow-ness on my ering - which is definitely not! Probably didn''t help my photography either!

tn_IMG_0160.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I really like the color!! It''s very pink and it looks really nice in photo on the book and the one where you''re shading it.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:15:11 PM
I really like the color!! It''s very pink and it looks really nice in photo on the book and the one where you''re shading it.
The one where I''m shading it is the closest to what it actually looks like.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 11:26:25 PM

I really like the color!! It's very pink and it looks really nice in photo on the book and the one where you're shading it.
The one where I'm shading it is the closest to what it actually looks like.
Beautiful, and the cutting is just gorgeous. What are your other stones? One is definitely a blue/green tourmaline, but what is the oval?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:28:28 PM

Date: 2/12/2009 11:26:25 PM

The one where I''m shading it is the closest to what it actually looks like.
Beautiful, and the cutting is just gorgeous.
Gene does awesome work. I highly recommend him. That many facets took a long time. In the middle of the top is a perfect star shape in the way the facets are cut.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:28:28 PM

Beautiful, and the cutting is just gorgeous. What are your other stones? One is definitely a blue/green tourmaline, but what is the oval?
Oh and the tourmaline is an opposed bar one that Jeff did. The oval is what Jeff called a mandarin garnet. My husband and I live in Colorado but have season tickets to the Miami Dolphins. The stones are pretty much the Dolphins colors and I have wanted to do a necklace that uses both stones.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a really good picture of the orange garnet from Jeff. It is a little one but a fireball.

tn_IMG_0012.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - thank you for taking lots of pictures.
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I love it!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
TL - you are welcome!

Mochi - thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results