shape
carat
color
clarity

Yummy! I''ve got a pretty coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/22367L/view This one is a bit different than the others, just not sure if I like 6 prongs. But if you click on the link, you can see an alternate picture when you hover over the photo to see an alternate (side) view. It is really pretty and would work with the gem I think.

This is the last one. What do you think?

tn_adwar22367L.jpg

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that is pretty!

Settings: Just being honest I personally cant imagine your gem in any of them.
12.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That rope setting is very unique and pretty. I have never seen one of those before.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Love the look of the rope design!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I really like those rope settings. Such a gorgeous stone! I can''t wait to see how you set it!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely stone! I also like those settings a lot!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 8:36:14 AM
Author: VegasAngel
Oh that is pretty!

Settings: Just being honest I personally cant imagine your gem in any of them.
12.gif
VegasAngel,
Do any settings come to mind that you think would look nice? I don''t want it to look to much like an engagement ring since I''ll be wearing it on my right hand.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I like the rope one a lot as well. But do you think the setting and the stone would work well together?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think a rope would probably look really nice. Are you worried about it being busy? Since your seeing the stone magnified you see all the details but small you won''t see as much. Someone had a similar cut in a setting with a pave halo and prongs and it looked perfect in the setting. I have the same cut in a spessartite and did a bezel and it looked nice too. If you have photoshop maybe you could play around a little with it on your computer.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just not big on the rope look but I might think differently if I actually saw your gem in it you know? Of the settings I like #5.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I like the rope one - it looks really cool - but I think I lean more towards something simpler. If I had that gorgeous stone, I''d want the setting to be super-simple and let the color and cut stand out!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:19:00 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
I like the rope one - it looks really cool - but I think I lean more towards something simpler. If I had that gorgeous stone, I'd want the setting to be super-simple and let the color and cut stand out!
Hey BEG, I showed my husband these and he didn't like them too much. Then I showed him some setting on PS that I liked, including your trellis from american set and he likes that best. What's the size of the spinel you just put in the trellis?

Edited: just saw on your thread you indicate it's 8.1mm.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:40:37 PM
Author: cinnamon013
Date: 2/7/2009 10:19:00 PM

I like the rope one - it looks really cool - but I think I lean more towards something simpler. If I had that gorgeous stone, I''d want the setting to be super-simple and let the color and cut stand out!
Hey BEG, I showed my husband these and he didn''t like them too much. Then I showed him some setting on PS that I liked, including your trellis from american set and he likes that best. What''s the size of the spinel you just put in the trellis?

Edited: just saw on your thread you indicate it''s 8.1mm.

Yep 8.1. I think your stone would look really really pretty in a simple setting like that!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stone! To be honest I don''t see it fit with the rope design at all. The rope design is very unique and pretty by itself, but somehow appears to be old aged looking. I think the pink princess needs a little white flash.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 1:18:32 AM
Author: yingh
Lovely stone! To be honest I don''t see it fit with the rope design at all. The rope design is very unique and pretty by itself, but somehow appears to be old aged looking. I think the pink princess needs a little white flash.
So what would you choose? An affordable option?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Why don''t you check out the settings on the wink jones site. He has some affordable options. Maybe when you get the stone it will inspire something new.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 10:55:13 AM
Author: innerkitten
Why don''t you check out the settings on the wink jones site. He has some affordable options. Maybe when you get the stone it will inspire something new.
thanks for reminding me about wink jones. I''ll check it out.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am dying to see this stone - I hate that mail isn''t delivered on Sundays!!
8.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:33:49 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
8.gif
I feel the same way! I hope it comes tomorrow!

So TL, to clarify some things about the post you answered me about the LOGR settings...if I were considering a setting from americanset on ebay in white gold, I''d probably need to add not only setting charges, but rhodium charges to what I''m likely to finally spend? What if I were buying the setting from Whiteflash or Good old Gold? Would they be telling me about a setting and rhodium charge?

For instance, Brown Eyed Girl recently had her spinel set into an americanset setting and I didn''t see a mention about rhodium plating charges, just the setting.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:44:01 AM

8.gif

So TL, to clarify some things about the post you answered me about the LOGR settings...if I were considering a setting from americanset on ebay in white gold, I''d probably need to add not only setting charges, but rhodium charges to what I''m likely to finally spend? What if I were buying the setting from Whiteflash or Good old Gold? Would they be telling me about a setting and rhodium charge?

For instance, Brown Eyed Girl recently had her spinel set into an americanset setting and I didn''t see a mention about rhodium plating charges, just the setting.

I should''ve mentioned it, but I found it hard to judge because I had just switched jewelers. They charged me $60 to set the spinel in the setting, but I''m not sure how much of that was just regular setting + plating, and how much was added because they did it for me in 5 hours. That seemed like a good price though - I was charged $50 initially for setting my 7 mm umbalite in my LOGR at my first jeweler a few months ago.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just to add: I''m totally not an expert but I found that the ring from American set was much shinier and finished looking than LOGR settings

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:04:08 PM

8.gif

I should''ve mentioned it, but I found it hard to judge because I had just switched jewelers. They charged me $60 to set the spinel in the setting, but I''m not sure how much of that was just regular setting + plating, and how much was added because they did it for me in 5 hours. That seemed like a good price though - I was charged $50 initially for setting my 7 mm umbalite in my LOGR at my first jeweler a few months ago.
So are you saying they did rhodium it?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:05:31 PM
Date: 2/8/2009 12:04:08 PM

8.gif

So are you saying they did rhodium it?

My guess is no they didn''t, but it''s just a guess. Sorry!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:04:47 PM
Just to add: I''m totally not an expert but I found that the ring from American set was much shinier and finished looking than LOGR settings
Ok good to know! I''ve emailed him but haven''t heard back. My question to him is which trellis size to order to fit my stone.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous stone - beautiful color. Wow! I hope you get it tomorrow. I can''t wait to see pictures!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe all white gold is rhodium plated, my LOGR's were, and if you see a very shiny white finish, that's the rhodium. Rhodium talkes a very white and mirror like finish. Platinum sometimes also is rhodium plated, but not all the time. If the white gold piece looks a little yellow, it's probaby not rhodium plated. The description of the trellis setting sounds like a typical rhodium plated ring.

Therefore, now that I buy ANY white gold mount, I figure in the potential cost of rhodium plating. It's much cheaper to set in yellow gold for that reason.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone...I can''t wait to see how you set it!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:56:22 PM

Just to add: I'm totally not an expert but I found that the ring from American set was much shinier and finished looking than LOGR settings
Ok good to know! I've emailed him but haven't heard back. My question to him is which trellis size to order to fit my stone.

Just to let you know, I found his communication to be the only not so good thing about buying from Americanset. It was fairly sporadic - I ended up just buying the setting for a 2 ct. once i figured out the diameter would be about the same, and messaged him afterward specifying. How big is your stone?

EDIT: just looked and you said 7.18 mm. I'm not an expert so hopefully someone else will ring in, but it seems that getting a setting for a 1.5 ct. diamond should work, since 1.5 is 7.4 mm (I'm thinking the difference isn't drastic and your jeweler can work with that but if someone knows for sure, please let me know!).

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 11:11:21 PM

Date: 2/8/2009 12:56:22 PM

Ok good to know! I''ve emailed him but haven''t heard back. My question to him is which trellis size to order to fit my stone.

Just to let you know, I found his communication to be the only not so good thing about buying from Americanset. It was fairly sporadic - I ended up just buying the setting for a 2 ct. once i figured out the diameter would be about the same, and messaged him afterward specifying. How big is your stone?

EDIT: just looked and you said 7.18 mm. I''m not an expert so hopefully someone else will ring in, but it seems that getting a setting for a 1.5 ct. diamond should work, since 1.5 is 7.4 mm (I''m thinking the difference isn''t drastic and your jeweler can work with that but if someone knows for sure, please let me know!).
Thanks for the info. I just looked a little closer at his listings and he says his weekend email response might be delayed. So I bet I hear from him tomorrow when it''s back to a regular work day.

Also, I just noticed that my stone has 10 little sides. Where on earth will the prongs go?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
First I have to say that setting a stone is a very personal experience and everyone has his/her own taste. We are here to offer suggestions, but it has to be something you like first. The rest of us, you can discount.

Having said that, I found from recent browsing that a combination of rose gold and white gold will really bring out the color in a purple-pink stone. If you can throw in some diamonds, even better! I will come back with links if I can find some real designs.

Date: 2/8/2009 10:29:01 AM
So what would you choose? An affordable option?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results