color
clarity

#JOTW Yssie's new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplated wg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Yssie''s new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplat

Ande - haha I bet!

Thank you, Orchid, mscushion, TotalNewbie, Autumn, Kae ::)

Kae, I went back to look at pics of your anniversary reset, but I can't see them?
Another PSer Liane's rings in unplated wg were my inspiration for colour, and I'm really loving it, but I think it's one of those things - you either love it or you don't 8)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, that a very poor pic of my ring above my name. I really have to work on my photography skills. It's really fairly simple: a split shank wg solitaire. The split is sort of cathedral style, and rather than just two parts to the shank, it sort of looks like somebody (my jeweler?) twisted the gold, or branched off a piece the way a rose bush branches off. Boy, that probably makes better sense to me, since I'm sitting here looking at the ring. Anyway, I often wonder if my jeweler could set a little stone in the splits, making it a three stone, though the 2nd and 3rd stone would be tiny. Okay, now I'm going to have to work on those pics so I can get some PS opinions.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KaeKae said:
Yssie, that a very poor pic of my ring above my name. I really have to work on my photography skills. It's really fairly simple: a split shank wg solitaire. The split is sort of cathedral style, and rather than just two parts to the shank, it sort of looks like somebody (my jeweler?) twisted the gold, or branched off a piece the way a rose bush branches off. Boy, that probably makes better sense to me, since I'm sitting here looking at the ring. Anyway, I often wonder if my jeweler could set a little stone in the splits, making it a three stone, though the 2nd and 3rd stone would be tiny. Okay, now I'm going to have to work on those pics so I can get some PS opinions.

Yes - would love more pics! It sounds awfully pretty, but I don't know that I'm imagining what you're describing properly!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock

Love the diamonds Yssie, but I could look at that setting all day! :love:

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

yssie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the CRAP did I miss THIS???????????

This is the most amazingly beautiful ring I have ever seen! I mean, the rounds are breath taking. I'm without words, and yet tears a filling my eyes it's so beautiful. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Simply breathtaking! Wow!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, vb and yenny!!

Sparkle - what amazingly sweet thoughts, thank you for sharing that with me ::)

natalina

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie! Your ring is beyond gorgeous! Serously, one of my all-time favorites! That first handshot is unbelievable!!!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie said:
Thank you, vb and yenny!!

Sparkle - what amazingly sweet thoughts, thank you for sharing that with me ::)

It's all nothing but the truth, just stunning! :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Yssie's new ring is HERE!!!! 2.7 three-stone in unplate

So, I'm back with an update (finally!) 8)

A couple of months ago now I sent my ring back to WF for a mini-makeover - thinning & "clawing" the prongs a bit, thinning the gallery/crossbars, re-polish of the inside of the trellis. I got it back last month and it looks perfect :appl:

And... I'm SO excited about having a matching wedding band!! Some may recall that I got a plain band from e-weddingbands that wound up being *ever so slightly* lighter in colour... it bothered me enough to start hunting around for a colour-match that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. I called e-weddingbands again to see what they could do, they had a different manufacturer make me a plain band to test colour, and it wound up being a perfect match :bigsmile: so I had them custom make a plain 2.4mm half-round - and it's here, and it's fabulous!

Pics, naturally ::)

J-RingAltered-1_0.jpg
J-RingAltered-2.png
J-RingAltered-3.png
J-RingAltered-4.png
J-RingAltered-5.png
J-RingAltered-6.png
J-RingAltered-7.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Old band - 2mm (first) vs. new - 2.4mm (second) - I like the substantial-ness of the new one, too.

J-RingAltered-8.png
J-RingAltered-9.png

I think it's just a *tad* too flat on top and a *tad* too thick/high off the finger, I'll call in Monday and see if they can give it a trim. Hey, if I worried enough over a slight colour difference to pay to remedy it - may as well get it perfect..

For reference - the old band, slightly lighter

file.jpg

New -

J-RingAltered-10.png
J-RingAltered-11.jpg
J-RingAltered-12.png

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Only one word suffices... YUM!!!!!!!! :love: :lickout: :love: :lickout:

I'm glad you're so pleased and that it all worked out Yssie, the finished product is just amazing. Congrats!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hehe thanks Dandi :)) my PS friends are most definitely the only people who understand the need to get it *just right* ;))

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock

absolutely perfect Yssie, and I really love the newer and slightly wider band. the old one was hardly visible under that seriously beautiful selection of sparklers :wink2:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Wow .. bling bling bling!!! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the update Yssie! ;))

The ring looks stunning as always - I couldn't imagine what else you could do to that ring but I love the tweak results! It looks fabulous as does your new band. The lighter the prongs are the better the ring looks IMO.

So glad you are happy with it too - hats off to you for getting it made picture perfect. Your pictures are pretty wonderful as well!

One question for you though - do you see any way to make that ring two tone? By that I mean prongs in platinum and shank in another color? I spoke to BGD about their version and they said no although I could see some places where I could end one metal and start another (if they could be joined together) but I took their word for it since they are the experts.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sigh...you ring is just simply stunning, by far one of the prettiest 3 stones I have seen!

emeraldgal

Rough_Rock

Your ring is amazing!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, I have never seen your ring before. It is STUNNING. :love: :love: :love: It literally took my breath away! I love it. I dont think I could ever get anything done with that on my finger becasue I would be staring at it ALL DAY LONG!! Gorgeous.

And I see what you mean about the different color golds. That would have driven me crazy too. Its great that they were able to match it exactly!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

Yssie, your ring has always been one of my absolute favourites. I didn't think you could possibly make it any more perfect than it already was, but.....I was wrong. It looks PERFECT and I love the fact that you were able to match the colour of your wedding band. {sigh} ......sooooo drool worthy!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock

I thought it was perfect to begin with, but it is absolute perfection now. Great job on fine-tuning the setting and also on the new WB. Love the color of the metal. Enjoy for many years to come! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I love what you've done with it. I honestly couldn't imagine it any better, but you've managed the impossible. And I totally get the metals not matching perfectly. That would bug the begeezers out of me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I definitely like the thicker wb better! And it is worth tweaking it a little, of course ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ahh, they look great, Yssie! The 3 stone setting looks perfect and I definitely like the 2.4mm band better. Balance is good, and I think we need to remember around here that 2.4mm is still a thin band! Good for you for getting them perfect!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

How is it possible to improve on perfection?
Well, I don't know how, but you did it!!!
WF did an amazing job.
:love:
Un-friggin-believable!!!!
:appl:
Well done!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

woman, i liked this ring so much, i got own of my own!! ok, it's not exactly the same, but you were the inspiration.

i love your new band, and the thinner prongs (looks even more like mine now!)

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Your set is STUNNING, Yssie!!! ENJOY!!!! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

oh yssie your ring is so beautiful :love: :love:

it looks great and I'm glad you got the matching band...I definitely understand being picky about these things :)

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie...this is the ULTIMATE.PERFECTION.OF.ALL.TIMES. Truly, it is the most perfect, stunning, breathtaking set i've ever seen in my life...and i'm sure that after a million years i'll still have the same opinion...
I totally, totally love your ER...The stones and the setting and every single detail about it. As far as the WB is concerned, i understand how you felt about the metal color difference and i'm so happy that you took the decision to fix that and get the new band, which perfectly matches the ER and is a little thicker too. Now, the set looks amazing on your hand...the proportions, the color, everything. I honestly can't find the words to describe how much i love, love, love your set...
You are a truly wonderful person and you deserve these devine beauties...Wear them in good health and enjoy them coz they can't get any better :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Your three stone is my favorite of all time. I was just showing DH your pictures and I told him everytime I see your ring my heart does a little pitter patter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results