shape
carat
color
clarity

Your views on this Diamond please - is a triple excellent diamond but has me worried

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

First time poster here and stumbled across this community while I was trying to search up why the triple excellent diamond appeared to be leaking light from one side (see Ideal Scope).

Long story short, I am trying to purchase a diamond and was interested in this diamond that met all the 'ideal' proportions via the GIA certificate and the shop I contacted called it in and ran an analysis on it (which I am grateful for).

He provided me the following Ideal Scope and FireTrace images which has me a little worried. Wanted to get views on whether this is normal (or whether I should jump on the purchase) and any other thoughts you have please.

Thank you so much.
IdealScope.JPG Microscopic.JPG FireTrace.JPG

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HCA score for this diamond is 1.7, in case anyone was interested. @WorriedAboutImage I don't know enough to comment on your stone, just wanted to post this so others don't have to plug in the numbers.

You haven't seen it in person?

Screenshot_20210306-011528_Samsung Internet.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers are all within the recommended ranges, so I'm not totally sure how to "parse" the advanced images. Maybe the stone was tilted at an angle? Or maybe it's due to GIA rounding? @flyingpig what do you think?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers are all within the recommended ranges, so I'm not totally sure how to "parse" the advanced images. Maybe the stone was tilted at an angle? Or maybe it's due to GIA rounding? @flyingpig what do you think?

As you said, rounding and tilt. Both

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
HCA score for this diamond is 1.7, in case anyone was interested. @WorriedAboutImage I don't know enough to comment on your stone, just wanted to post this so others don't have to plug in the numbers.

You haven't seen it in person?

Screenshot_20210306-011528_Samsung Internet.jpg
Haven't seen it in person. I live interstate and do not want to 'approve' (requested by vendor) the diamond for shipment to me until I'm comfortable the diamond im looking at isn't misrepresented by what the vendor stated.

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock

Love dogs, I'm still trying to get my head around the terminology, but what does GIA rounding refer to?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting a diamond within the right number range is just a start. It doesn't guarantee that the diamond is cut perfectly. I have had a diamond with just one spot of leakage that couldn't be seen with the eye. This one seems to have more. Do you have a video or regular magnified photo of the stone?

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
Getting a diamond within the right number range is just a start. It doesn't guarantee that the diamond is cut perfectly. I have had a diamond with just one spot of leakage that couldn't be seen with the eye. This one seems to have more. Do you have a video or regular magnified photo of the stone?

These images were pulled from an animation of the diamond spinning and is the best I got (other than the Grey Microscopic image of the diamond in OP)
img01.jpg img02.jpg img03.jpg img04.jpg img05.jpg img07.jpg img08.jpg

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
I'm confused....the images above are for a round diamond and these are an oval

yeah I assumed the image was stretched to fit their image player. Gia certificate and others state it is round

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
As you said, rounding and tilt. Both

Hi Flying, just wanted see if I understood correctly what you referred to by tilt.. as in the stone was actually on an angle when they took the Ideal scope photo? Or something else?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Flying, just wanted see if I understood correctly what you referred to by tilt.. as in the stone was actually on an angle when they took the Ideal scope photo? Or something else?
the diamond is badly tilted in the images.
More so in the IS image.
You can tell by the length of the arrows if it is level they are all the same length, as you can see some are a lot longer than the others.
The stone is tilted towards the longer arrows by a significant amount.

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
I have some new images sent to me on the ideal scope and a downloaded a few tilted images of the diamond (in the image player).

Can anyone provide any views if what I am looking at pretty decent (compared to average of triple excellent diamonds)? The black arrows seem not to connect - is this a big deal?

Also from the images, seems like there is a lot of contrast when looking from the front (albeit images slightly tilted) is this normal?

Thank you

GIA6375405734-is(new).jpg img01(new).jpg img02(new).jpg img03(new).jpg img04(new).jpg

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
@lovedogs and @flyingpig (and all of the others that I’m forgetting)—I wanted to say that I always read your comments and try to learn from them! You guys helping people is really amazing - especially in our current world where it seems we have so many jerks. I don’t want to hijack this thread— but wanted to say that your efforts are appreciated. I was married 20 years ago with a terribly cut (but free- as it was inherited) diamond. I found PS less than a year ago and have learned so much. When I joined, @flyingpig helped to find me a 1.8 non super ideal stone. The stone was amazing, but I ended up selling as I wanted something a bit bigger. It is worth noting @flyingpig that because of your great find with my diamond, I sold it for the same price that I paid. Now, I have a super ideal stone and really love it. I just want to say that I appreciate all of your time and knowledge. :kiss2:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some new images sent to me on the ideal scope and a downloaded a few tilted images of the diamond (in the image player).

Can anyone provide any views if what I am looking at pretty decent (compared to average of triple excellent diamonds)? The black arrows seem not to connect - is this a big deal?

Also from the images, seems like there is a lot of contrast when looking from the front (albeit images slightly tilted) is this normal?

Thank you

GIA6375405734-is(new).jpg img01(new).jpg img02(new).jpg img03(new).jpg img04(new).jpg

Is this a IS image of the same tilted diamond from earlier?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it is. Vendor said he retook it.
The IS is fine. Some optical asymmetry and wonky pavilion. But nothing detrimental.
It just looks very different even considering the diamond is tilted in the photos from earlier

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
The IS is fine. Some optical asymmetry and wonky pavilion. But nothing detrimental.
It just looks very different even considering the diamond is tilted in the photos from earlier

Thank you. So I should be on the lookout because they don't appear to be the same diamond (vendor might have switch and baited)?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. So I should be on the lookout because they don't appear to be the same diamond (vendor might have switch and baited)?

I am not 100% sure, but the new image looks like the diamond has TB% greater than 58%.
And the contrast patterns and leakage location...... It just feels not right.
What do you think? @gm89uk @Karl_K

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
I am not 100% sure, but the new image looks like the diamond has TB% greater than 58%.
And the contrast patterns and leakage location...... It just feels not right.
What do you think? @gm89uk @Karl_K
Interesting... While firescope says table is 57.5% the GIA report says 57%... I'll be surprised if it is 58%+ but the gaps between arrows do look abit suss

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
not the same diamond, the newer image shows a diamond that has more pavilion wonk and a different size table and a different pavilion angle.
Good call

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
(vendor might have switch and baited)?
I would say its probably not intentional it is very easy to get images messed up unless they have an excellent tracking system in place with experienced help.
Often they are at the mercy of the supplier for images who messes things up.

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
I would say its probably not intentional it is very easy to get images messed up unless they have an excellent tracking system in place with experienced help.
Often they are at the mercy of the supplier for images who messes things up.

Karl I'm at a loss what to do at the moment. Hoping you might have some suggestions I could think over. The vendor has my deposit of $200 as he called in the diamond internationally and performed the analysis himself. In this sort of situation would it be best to email the vendor to double check?

Anyone have advice on how to best approach, and anything I should be cautious of?

Thanks

WorriedAboutImage

Rough_Rock
Or anyone else have any advice how this sort of issue is generally resolved with the vendor? Hoping to give the vendor a call tomorrow to seek clarification.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl I'm at a loss what to do at the moment. Hoping you might have some suggestions I could think over. The vendor has my deposit of $200 as he called in the diamond internationally and performed the analysis himself. In this sort of situation would it be best to email the vendor to double check?

Anyone have advice on how to best approach, and anything I should be cautious of?

Thanks

yea ask for a redo and an image he/she will give their word is for the diamond you will actualy recieve.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results