shape
carat
color
clarity

Your ULTIMATE "Upgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
SO and I have an agreement that I will never upgrade my engagement ring because he is sentimental about it. I can change the setting, but that stone is staying around forever. I found a 3/4 ct. round stone in a plain setting and that''s my play ring -- eventually I can upgrade that if I want.

I think my ultimate upgrade would be a 3 ct. OEC/OMC. I''ve tried on several and loved how they look. SO even liked them and he is really not a fan of big stones because he thinks they look ostentatious, which makes him uncomfortable.

SO also knows that after we get married, I will always wear my wedding band, but the rings that I wear with it will vary. I can swap back and forth between my 2 diamond rings plus any of the stacking bands from the collection I''m working on. What can I say? I get bored with the same look all of the time. Thank heavens he''s understanding.
1.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...

Interesting question.

I suppose a 4ct round brilliant or a 6ct asscher in a Leon style claw setting.

Or,

A 4ct pear with 2ct ish pear side stones.

Yup, I would ''settle'' for that.

9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine would be like Butterfly17''s 2.41 ring; I love her setting!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I''ll ever have everything I want in diamonds or gemstones. I would like a larger RB diamond for my ering someday but I also want a radiant, asscher, and a larger EC diamond for RHR''s as well.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun question! Mine is a 3-4 ct GOG signature OMC or OEC, simple platinum solitaire setting probably by Mark Morrell. I''d love to have two thin eternity bands to wear with the soliaire or alone (I frequently wear just a band).

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, aside from the fact that I won''t ever upgrade my e-ring, per se
11.gif
, I would absolutely love a 2.5 ct. Asscher, Royal or not, with ~1 tcw step cut traps in a Leon setting with claws. Then, of course I would need the matching suite of earrings, necklace, and bracelet.
9.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I want my current ring/diamond with an upgrade in color. I wish my 2.70 RB K had I/J coloring.
20.gif
Don''t stone me, please. I love the lower colors but the slight tint from the pavillion/crown nags at me a little. It contrasts the J color melee on the shanks. Additionally, in spot lighting and other intense lighting conditions, it goes dark and looks brown. Ultimately, I LOVE my ring. It''s just this one pesky little detail that claws at me from time to time.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 11:17:39 PM
Author: Gypsy
Leon%205%20stone%20dream3.jpg

3-3.5 carat center square cushion-- strong preference for a BGD signature cushion for the center, in G SI Halfmoon sides and bullets in a 5 stone by Leon for me... then I''d be content.
11.gif

As for when it is likely? Not in this lifetime. But I can dream.
I also love this 5-stone look by Leon - I plan to do a setting like that one (except with step-cut half moons) for our 10 year anniversary. I will probably just keep me 2 ct RB in the center (which I love) but for an "ultimate" upgrade maybe the center stone would be either a 3 ct RB, or a 5 ct cushion.

I also wouldn''t turn down a ring like a 3-stone with a 5 ct EC center stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results