shape
carat
color
clarity

Your ULTIMATE "Upgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ultimate upgrade wouldn''t be much of a change from what I have... I would have it slightly more square (not square but like 1.15-1.2 instead of 1.26) and better cut but I''m happy with the size... it''s 7.5x9.5 so I''ll go to 8.5x10 and it would be 1.17 ratio. Mostly just cut using the newer knowledge about this cut. Boring huh? lol

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to say IMHO this is one of the nicest looking rings I have ever seen.

1aofpdemant.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
When we got engaged, I made sure to choose a diamond and settings I would never want to upgrade. (Dh is very sentimental about our rings.) I think the size of my diamond looks perfect on my hand, and in the 6 years I have been wearing it, I have never wished for a larger stone. Of course, just because I will never upgrade my wedding set does not mean I can''t have RHRs!
2.gif

My dream RHR is a natural blue diamond, asscher cut, about 10 mm square, set in something like this LM setting, but with double claw prongs. Of course, unless we win the lottery, a blue diamond that size will never be an option. Someday I would like to get an aquamarine or light blue sapphire asscher to create such a ring.

LM channel set ring.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I would upgrade to a 2.2/2.5 RB and put it in a LM setting with side pears OR I''d love to have a honkin cushion in a Harry Winston style halo pave setting :)

Mmmm...

A girl can dream, right?!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm ... Let''s see. I adore my stone and it''s a family heirloom, so I don''t see myself ever wanting to change it. Sure there are some tweaks I would make to my ering setting, but I don''t think I ever would. I would really only make the band thinner, if I could. 10 years down the line I might hate it and want a total change, but right now I can''t see myself resetting it. And though I can''t upgrade an heirloom stone, I would love to have an antique cushion to go with my antique OEC ering. If I *had* to upgrade, that''s what I would get. Probably around the 2ct mark.

For my wring:, I love it and don''t want to upgrade the ring itself, but I want to get a diamond band to stack with it (my band is plain). My plan was always to get a plain band I could wear anywhere and everywhere, then to get my dream diamond band a few years down the road and stack them to add some bling to my existing band. I would love something in the Tiffany Jazz style of bezel band.

I think I''m of the school of spending money on new pieces of jewelry, rather than upgrading my existing pieces. But I say that because I have very few existing pieces!
3.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 11:19:04 AM
Author: somethingshiny
Hmmm A 2.5 ct Octavia in a custom setting. Not sure what the setting would be, the stone would have to tell me.

Ha, I'm really craving an Octavia as well -- but probably about half the size of yours! I don't like huge jewelry, so I think about 1.25 would make me a happy girl. The only thing is, I would NOT get another ring with prongs, it's bezels all the way for me, and I don't know how a bezel would look on an Octavia. But, if it worked, I'd love a ring with "shoulders" a la Musey's ring, with some vintage-inspired detail above the shoulders, leading into the bezel. Maybe someday...

Still, I'd never get rid of my current ring -- this would be in addition to it, to swap out or wear as a RHR.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Octavia~ I have big hands (size 9.5-10) so the BIG jewels only look normal on me! I agree about a vintagey inspired setting, that''s definitely the way to go with a grand ascher!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t ever let go of my current ring. I also know that it would CRUSH my husband if I did. When he gave it to me said "no upgrades!"

I would LOVE a 2 carat round brilliant ring for my right hand or as an anniversary gift sent into a band that has stones in it. Not sure if I''d want bigger side stones or smaller melee type stones, but something blingy to set it apart from my e-ring.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 11:11:31 PM
Author: Mara

3.5c H/I eye-clean SI H&A (or almost H&A).

(ummm ok.... 4c)
3.gif

As for when...umm now that I am procreating...prob NEVER????
DITTO THIS! OK, maybe 5c!!!
31.gif

Although I'm funny about *true H&A* ... that's important to me. Well... I think so anyway. I realize I have never actually seen a really good "almost H&A" IRL so maybe it'd be fine! Well, fellow PS'ers, have no fear... I promise to really look into it before I move forward with the imaginary upgrade that is never gonna happen!!!!
39.gif

(And crap! I'm even DONE procreating!!!!)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 4:29:31 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 12/1/2009 11:11:31 PM
Author: Mara

3.5c H/I eye-clean SI H&A (or almost H&A).

(ummm ok.... 4c)
3.gif

As for when...umm now that I am procreating...prob NEVER????
DITTO THIS! OK, maybe 5c!!!
31.gif

Although I''m funny about *true H&A* ... that''s important to me. Well... I think so anyway. I realize I have never actually seen a really good ''almost H&A'' IRL so maybe it''d be fine!
HA HA Lynn I tried on the WF 5c and it was a little too big for my hand. OK well it wasn''t but I felt like I needed to be sitting in an penthouse in NYC with it or something. Def not your ''regular'' kinda ring. So I think 4c is a nice compromise.
5.gif

And re: the almost H&A...I say that because that is what my stone is and I honestly think it''s the prettiest thing I have seen. I own H&A''s and ES or almost H&A''s--and if you can get a fabulous one it is just as good IMO. I wouldn''t trade my stone for an H&A just because it had the brand if it wasn''t visibly performing better. It would really come down to ''availability'' for me I guess.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh fun thread! And kind of hard to answer! I think I would want a big OEC (2.5 or 3 carats maybe?) of some sort, but I''m not sure what setting...

I wish I could have like 3 different sets because I also would love a pear...and a cushion set e/w like tigerlily''s. (Was that her name?)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t necessary want to get rid of my RB, I''d just want to get me a 2 ct Royal Asscher or Octavia
30.gif
or a OMC (maybe an L or lower)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m a sentimental schmoe, and, on top of that, I just plain love my ring: it''s warm and beautiful and the size feels perfect on my hand. Not too big, not too small.
3.gif

That said, I am totally on Team Get More Bling, right alongside Elrohwen. Sooooooooo ... in the magical world where money grows on trees? Someday I "upgrade" the 1.3 pear stone that I''m getting for a pendant by buying it a matching friend to be earrings with, and go up to 5 carats for a beautiful pendant like this one by Leon Mege. Still colorless with strong fluorescence ....

Mege Pear.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/2/2009 9:12:11 PM
Author: Circe
I''m a sentimental schmoe, and, on top of that, I just plain love my ring: it''s warm and beautiful and the size feels perfect on my hand. Not too big, not too small.
3.gif

That said, I am totally on Team Get More Bling, right alongside Elrohwen. Sooooooooo ... in the magical world where money grows on trees? Someday I ''upgrade'' the 1.3 pear stone that I''m getting for a pendant by buying it a matching friend to be earrings with, and go up to 5 carats for a beautiful pendant like this one by Leon Mege. Still colorless with strong fluorescence ....
That is gorgeous and I would wear it with pride!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
a 5ct rectangular cushion or a 5-7 ct EC, honestly that would be it.

my current stone is 4.29 and looks about like a 3ct., maybe.

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Once I receive my new MWM Flame and matching band, I will be 1,000% happy!

It will be an upgrade for me....

1.23 ct BGD H&A stone in a Morrell setting - I couldn''t dream for anything better
30.gif

Only a couple more weeks until they arrive - but I think my hubby may hang onto them until our 5-year anni in May
29.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I think I could be pretty happy with a ring somewhere around 2 carats. I mean, I''d love a 3 carat ring, but that will never happen, and it doesn''t really fit into my lifestyle.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I love my cushion, but I think I would also really love a 3-3.5 carat EC with tapered baguettes.

Will it ever happen? Um, NO!
41.gif

ndpwood

Rough_Rock
Here''s a pic of my upgrade. I have a friend coming over to help me with hand shots in the near future. My husband wanted to go big enough that we would never have to upgrade again. Mission accomplished:)

5.04 Antique Cushion (cut in the 20s), K VS1

BUT . . . one item on my forever dream list is the white gold trinity ring with channel set diamonds, as a RHR. I told my husband I wanted it as my push present when I have our third baby:) Only have 1 baby now, so it will be a few years, but I can''t ask for anything more for a long time!!

ndpwood cush.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
My dream upgrade is already on my finger -

5.13CT Yellow pear diamond... That's my life ring! :)

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 12:16:57 AM
Author: decodelighted
I''m 100% happy too. I can never foresee trading *in* my ring or stone for something else. ANOTHER piece sometime ... well a girl can dream, right?

I *would* adore a (Sport involving water and a board)(very young lady) Special. Or a squareish chunky cushion in a thin milgrain bezel with a tapering engraved shank (like IWPO''s).

Not sure what size I''d be drawn to w/o seeing those shapes on my hand again -- guessing around 2ct for the OEC or three-ish for the cushion.
41.gif
Me, too! Dang, I shoulda saved a pic to my hard drive!
That was funny, deco... I actually snorted!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/4/2009 1:06:06 AM
Author: ndpwood
Here''s a pic of my upgrade. I have a friend coming over to help me with hand shots in the near future. My husband wanted to go big enough that we would never have to upgrade again. Mission accomplished:)

5.04 Antique Cushion (cut in the 20s), K VS1

BUT . . . one item on my forever dream list is the white gold trinity ring with channel set diamonds, as a RHR. I told my husband I wanted it as my push present when I have our third baby:) Only have 1 baby now, so it will be a few years, but I can''t ask for anything more for a long time!!

NPWood, wowowow! That is one wonderful stone. I can''t wait to see more pictures!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
3ct + EC 3 stone trellis setting in plat...with matching 2 ct EC dangle earrings and an ohhh 16-17-18 ct assher eternity bracelet.

When is this going to happen? Absolutely never. :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Well, for my lifestyle and where I live, anything over 2 cts might be though of as over the top-- or fake! I will never upgrade the 1.35 AGS000 round I have, but I''d loooove a collection for my right hand!
11.gif
I''d be thrilled with a 2 carat-ish total weight three stone emerald cut, eye-clean and white looking to my eyes. I''d also LOVE one of the new GOG cushions, a low color in yellow gold, and a high quality (and untreated) ruby or sapphire. Maybe a star cabachon in a vintagey setting. hmmmmm..... I will probably never get all of these. I can maybe hope for the emerald cut for my ten year anniversary, and the GOG cushion I might buy for myself some day-- start small and upgrade over time. Who knows? I could end up with none of them too!

Ok I change my mind.

I really want a 6 carat... in every shape of diamond....
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I''m changing my post. I want a 2.50 emerald ring with a thin pave band, just like iloveny''s!
3.gif
30.gif
31.gif
1.gif
Someday someday...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a 2ct round H&A very well cut, very white and at least at VS2
31.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well....

I just upgraded from a 1.17ct K color RB to a 1.20 G color RB, so I am set for color and size for a while! My plan now is to set my new diamond into a three stone with .50ct sides and an "a la Leon Mege" delicate basket setting. I think that will come in the next 18 months depending on how my saving goes.

After that, maybe for our 5th anniversary, I will get a 5 stone ring like Ebree''s! I
30.gif
that setting and I really adore 5-stone rings.

My dream though is a 2.5ct G color solitaire. That will never ever ever happen because I cannot fathom spending that much money on a diamond ring given my lifestyle and financial means.
5.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I would be happy just having one ring, the forever engagement ring or wedding band.

May I pick the ultimate earrings? Right now I have .70 ctw OEC earrings. I think I''d be very happy and stop looking at them constantly when I got to about 1.25-1.5 ctw OECs. H/I/J colour. Eye-clean. Set in martini settings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results