shape
carat
color
clarity

Your ULTIMATE "Upgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun.
31.gif

- What size, shape, specs and setting will you *finally* be 100 percent happy with forever (or for the foreseeable future)?

- When do you expect to achieve this ultimate upgrade goal?

(This question can apply to your engagement ring, wedding band, or both.)

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm completely happy with my five-stone band at this point in my life. I've got serious bling on the top of my finger, where it counts, and plain platinum on the palm side, which comes into contact with dirty diapers.
3.gif

My ultimate goal? A big honkin' eternity band. Minimum G color, ideal cut stones. I can achieve this one of two ways, and I have a while (see below) to think it over.

a) ~15 pointers, a la AMGgal's Harry Winston eternity. Seriously, my dream band.
30.gif
Just under three carats.

b) Use my existing 25 pointers for an even BIGGER eternity band. We're talking FOUR PLUS carats of eternity goodness. Depends on how comfortable this would be in between my fingers.

When do I expect to achieve this? Well, after my children don't need diapers. I'm thinking anywhere between five and ten years.

How about you?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ebree- did I miss a post? Do you still have your e-ring? Your new band is gorgeous!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 10:38:26 PM
Author:EBree
Just for fun.
31.gif

- What size, shape, specs and setting will you *finally* be 100 percent happy with forever (or for the foreseeable future)?

1) A 2 carat round!
2) Not for many many years! We have three college funds we''re saving up for, plus at some point we''ll need to replace our cars and ideally, we want to pay full out cash for them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did I miss the heavy part?!?!

My ultimate upgrade... oh I would love to think about that.

3.5c H/I eye-clean SI H&A (or almost H&A).

(ummm ok.... 4c)
3.gif

As for when...umm now that I am procreating...prob NEVER????

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmmm, the setting I currently have with bigger stones... I'm seeing a 1.5-2 ctw center stone with .5 ctw side stones. MMMMMMMM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh and I expect to achieve this never... FI will never let me upgrade. He's just too darn sentimental. HRMPH

Ok, if my 3 carat wasn''t inherited, and I wanted to upgrade it (no way in heck will I ever get rid of it), BUT I would upgrade it to a 3.5-4 carats.. 5 looks dreamy!.....

I have an OEC that''s .70 and I''ll also never sell it, but eventually I''d like to get one that''s 1+ carat.

My dream size for earrings/ studs is 1.5-2 ctw. I''ll be starting with less than 1 carat :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon%205%20stone%20dream3.jpg

3-3.5 carat center square cushion-- strong preference for a BGD signature cushion for the center, in G SI Halfmoon sides and bullets in a 5 stone by Leon for me... then I'd be content.
11.gif

As for when it is likely? Not in this lifetime. But I can dream.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 11:17:39 PM
Author: Gypsy
Leon%205%20stone%20dream3.jpg

3-3.5 carat center square cushion-- strong preference for a BGD signature cushion for the center, in G SI Halfmoon sides and bullets in a 5 stone by Leon for me... then I''d be content.
11.gif

Sigh, yes that''s gorgeous Gypsy!!! You have great taste my friend.
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
- I''m 100% happy with my current set--you''re not going to kick me off PS now, are you? I really am though, it''s nicer than anything I ever thought I would own and I LOVE it. I once just assumed I''d upgrade eventually, but now I realize I don''t wanna! (My e-ring is a 2 ct cushion on a platinum shared prong eternity band. Wedding band is a platinum shared prong eternity band, 1.8 ctw.)

- However, if we have a daughter I really want to be able to pass my e-ring on to her as a family stone when she''s engaged to be married, so in that case I suppose I''ll *have* to get an upgrade to replace it. By that time I''ll be ready for a Michael B Riviera graduated eternity band.
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 11:22:13 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 12/1/2009 11:17:39 PM
Author: Gypsy

3-3.5 carat center square cushion-- strong preference for a BGD signature cushion for the center, in G SI Halfmoon sides and bullets in a 5 stone by Leon for me... then I''d be content.
11.gif

Sigh, yes that''s gorgeous Gypsy!!! You have great taste my friend.
1.gif
Ditto. Especially as your oval ring is my second choice
11.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m completely and entirely happy with my itty bitty diamond because I''ve had it for SO long now! It''s become an extension of who I am. Almost an additional limb! (oh, and just to state for the record, I''m very sentimental so regularily swapping out diamonds isn''t my thing.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll take a GIA fancy deep blue (no modifiers) in the exact same size and cut as my asscher.
Oh, and VVS1 please.

If I also got an identical vivid green one too I'd never want anything else ever again.
17.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m 100% happy too. I can never foresee trading *in* my ring or stone for something else. ANOTHER piece sometime ... well a girl can dream, right?

I *would* adore a (Sport involving water and a board)(very young lady) Special. Or a squareish chunky cushion in a thin milgrain bezel with a tapering engraved shank (like IWPO''s).

Not sure what size I''d be drawn to w/o seeing those shapes on my hand again -- guessing around 2ct for the OEC or three-ish for the cushion.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2009 10:52:13 PM
Author: february2003bride

Just for fun.
31.gif

1) A 2 carat round!
2) Not for many many years! We have three college funds we''re saving up for, plus at some point we''ll need to replace our cars and ideally, we want to pay full out cash for them.
slap4.gif
since when a college fund is more important then diamond?
33.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This Leon Mege ring, with a 1.5 cts asscher and stoplight red, glowing rubies for the sides.

aofpdemant.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I am completely happy with my set! Surprise surprise! But, if I somehow came into huges amount of fathomless money, I would love to have a 3.17 G VS1 H&A or cushion.

I would also love to have a ginormous eternity or 5 stone band with .25 or .30 pointers.

My setting right now is what I call my forever temporary setting, I could have it forever and live very happily, but since there are some many I like, it''s hard to say that I will have this one forever.
1.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 5:09:50 AM
Author: butterfly 17
I am completely happy with my set! Surprise surprise! But, if I somehow came into huges amount of fathomless money, I would love to have a 3.17 G VS1 H&A or cushion.

I would also love to have a ginormous eternity or 5 stone band with .25 or .30 pointers.

My setting right now is what I call my forever temporary setting, I could have it forever and live very happily, but since there are some many I like, it''s hard to say that I will have this one forever.
1.gif
How did you come up with 3.17ct, it''s a pretty specific size?
9.gif

I''d like a 2 ct transitional cut or OEC in a Van Crayenest setting.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I won''t be replacing my wedding set, but I would not say no to a pair of 4cttw EC studs and a honking great big EC rhr, maybe 7 or 8 carats. The studs I can work on over time (see avatar, they can be traded up over the years lol) but the big EC is just a dream. I have a 1ct EC engagement ring and I would feel bad about dwarfing it like that.
2.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to hit the 7.5 to 7.6 mm diameter in H&A high G color or above. Just maybe. I''m actually rather content with the almost 1.4ct F SI2 that I have now. I can''t really see going to the 2ct or above mark, especially when I''m paying for it myself. Dropping to any I/J/K to get the size isn''t an option. I would not pass up a big light yellow antique Asscher like Erica''s if one presented itself at the right price.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this would come as no surprise to anyone here
3.gif
, but my *ultimate* upgrade is a 5ct+ BGD H&A Signature H&A RB E or F colour, VS1 or VS2. AND in addition, I'd like a 6-7ct HW or Cartier EC, of similar colour and clarity!!
9.gif
9.gif

Oh yeah, almost forgot to answer yr other Q. I'd expect (or rather hope) that the 5ct BGD would come within the next year or two
2.gif
1.gif
. The EC would have to wait for at least 5-7 yrs from now.
5.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 12:00:46 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Now that my jeweler has confirmed my fears of the life my diamond has left.. upgrading is definitely in my future.. (the ''clarity enhanced goop'' no longer fills the fractures of my inclusions) and I have new & improved large feather straight across the table of my diamond that you can feel.. and.. includes but is not limited to a chip on the girdle. @#*(%$#)!!!!!
29.gif
I dislike very much jewelers who lie to you about clarity enhanced stones... If I knew then what PS has taught me since.
20.gif

My (future) upgrade includes the Sholdt with a warmer color diamond (even pale or light yellow)... I am loving some of Excel & High Performance Diamond''s H & A diamonds (I want arrows dangit!!!). If not a warmer stone, an oec will be in the running.. I have plenty of time to look.. did I mention closer to 2cts? Yeah.. that would be my dream ring.
31.gif
Because I will never upgrade again, I want it to be ''it.''
5.gif
I know the preference is whiter diamonds, but really I love the warm tones.
emlove.gif

(Elle_Chris''s gorgeous setting & diamond (not a warm diamond, btw..) for example of my future setting.. )
sholdt23.jpg
Oh SDL
8.gif
I am SO sorry!! Can you atleast still wear your e-ring??

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I love my engagement ring (1.7 round with .30 pears on each side), and wouldn''t ever want to trade it in. I also really love my 7-stone wedding band, and (I actually *just* talked about this with DH) one day in the next few years we plan on "upgrading it" to a full eternity - I could never trade that in either, I would use the same stones, but just add more to the ring.

I would love a beautiful large eternity band one day (probably not for another 20 years
3.gif
) but I truly am happy with my current set (and will be even more happy once my 7-stone is made into an eternity). Once that''s done I can''t see myself wanting a new or bigger engagement ring or wedding band.

I would never say no to 2-3 ct studs though...
9.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 12:20:52 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 12/1/2009 10:52:13 PM
Author: february2003bride

Just for fun.
31.gif

1) A 2 carat round!
slap4.gif
since when a college fund is more important then diamond?
33.gif
LOL! Since we want our children to go to college and never move back home, that''s when!
3.gif

Since my diamond is halo''ed, I don''t foresee me ever wanting to upgrade (but never say never!). The halo gives my diamond a very good oopmh in the blingaling department!
10.gif
3.gif
30.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream is a 10+ carat marquise with tapered baguettes.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
hmmm....i can''t upgrade my diamond since it was DH''s grandmothers, but I can always pass it on and get myself some new bling one day :) and DH is fully aware that since he got lucky on not paying a penny for my current ring he has to pony up in the future.

for reference- i currently have a .34 J SI2 set in an illusion setting as my ering- its an OEC.

i''d LOVE a cushion, somewhere in the 2c range, H or so. and the setting wouldn''t even have to be too fancy!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just upgraded to an almost 2 carat H color round brilliant, so I'm happy. I think I can be content with that for the rest of my life. If I set it in a halo, I doubt I'll ever get DSS!
27.gif

However, I could always take a 2 carat cushion in addition to my round!
31.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want a 4ct, eye clean, blue-to-reddish purple color change garnet in a elongated antique cushion precision cut. Set in a 5-stone by Leon with diamond side traps and baguettes.
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ya know what... I have absolutely no desire to upgrade at this point, LOL! I'm sure it'll happen someday, but I have neither the itch nor the cash at the moment so it's moot.
9.gif

I would love a single shared prong wedding band to wear when I want a change from my bezel band, but I'm not in a hurry there either.

At the rate I'm nicking my ering setting, that's going to have to be replaced in a few years
39.gif
so a reset is feasible, but not so much an upgrade.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm A 2.5 ct Octavia in a custom setting. Not sure what the setting would be, the stone would have to tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results