shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Pricescope Nickname

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
So most people don't bother spelling out a full user name, and they get shortened around here. Sometimes I don't know what the "right" or preferred nickname might be. One that comes to mind is Thing2of2. Do I call her Thing? Or T202? Or Thing2? Or Thingy?

No one has ever called me TravelingGal here. Many years ago, I was simply "TG". I think there are only 2 old timers who still call me that (Alj and Mara). When I met Mara personally, I swear, I think she wanted to still call me TG.

But the name that's stuck is TGal, and that's how I think of my Pricescope persona.

You?

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I usually refer to people by the first part of their user name, just so clarify who I'm speaking to.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know anyone well enough to call them by their nickname :saint: but I have to admit that I am fairly fond of "thingy" and may go with that from now on haha

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
So most people don't bother spelling out a full user name, and they get shortened around here. Sometimes I don't know what the "right" or preferred nickname might be. One that comes to mind is Thing2of2. Do I call her Thing? Or T202? Or Thing2? Or Thingy?

No one has ever called me TravelingGal here. Many years ago, I was simply "TG". I think there are only 2 old timers who still call me that (Alj and Mara). When I met Mara personally, I swear, I think she wanted to still call me TG.

But the name that's stuck is TGal, and that's how I think of my Pricescope persona.

You?

HA! Kaleigh has actually said something about how she hates trying to shorten my name! I'm fine with any of them. (With the possible exception of Thingy, although I wouldn't really care! :cheeky:) I know thing2of2 is kind of cumbersome to type. T2 sounds kind of robotic and tough...maybe everyone can call me that!

You're TGal to me for some reason...and FrekeChild is Freke, Claritek is C-tek. Those are the first ones that pop in my head.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal--I honestly think yours got shortened and stuck not only out of affection but because it's hard to remember when addressing you in a post whether you use two g's or one--i.e. is it TravelingGal or TravelinGal or Travelingal? That's why I started shortening it, anyway! That, and the fact that it is a lengthier screen name and I am lazy.

I don't remember who started calling me Monnie but it stuck and I've liked it. I think it may have happened over on the HLT a couple of years ago, actually. *shrugs*

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I call you TGal. Me?? Most of the regulars know I go by Lisa. Kenny is the only one who calls me Kal. Which is a different sounding nickname to Kaleigh.. Like KAYLEE.. So Kal sounds like Cal... And no never want to be referred to as Kay... That reminds me too much of that awful chain...Every kiss begins with .... :rodent:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2 said:
TravelingGal said:

You?

HA! Kaleigh has actually said something about how she hates trying to shorten my name! I'm fine with any of them. (With the possible exception of Thingy, although I wouldn't really care! :cheeky:) I know thing2of2 is kind of cumbersome to type. T2 sounds kind of robotic and tough...maybe everyone can call me that!

You're TGal to me for some reason...and FrekeChild is Freke, Claritek is C-tek. Those are the first ones that pop in my head.

I did, I was like I am so not calling you thing. I think I decided T 2 of 2??

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Most people write Blackpaw in full for me - but i guess the only other option is BP :bigsmile: and the cat Blackpaw is himself as black and devilish as BP's oil :devil: =)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, you've been Monnie as far as I can remember. I think it started out with people calling you "Mon" but "Monnie" grew out of affection? ;))

Kaleigh, I'm probably one of the few older PSers who still calls you Kaleigh.

Thing, I think you'll just have to be Thing. But that sounds so generic. How about T-Bob, short for Thingamabob? Hm.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG I think of you as TG vs TGal. Thing I think of as your first name but I post some version of your screen name when referring to you here. I get HH or Hudson most often...There's not much you can do with my name, though I'd probably answer to b*tch as well...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH -- Knowing you in person, it's hard not to refer to you by your real name sometimes. Same with Alj/Allison, NEL, Tacori, and Princesss.

Kaleigh -- I know you're Lisa but I still call you Kaleigh here.

I recently dropped my "last name" here, so instead of ZoeBartlett, I'm now just Zoe. Indy (IndependentGal) used to call me ZoZo sometimes, but she was the only one.

Monnie -- we haven't chatted a ton on PS, so I didn't feel comfortable going with Monnie for a long time. Then it just began to feel too formal, so I began using Monnie.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Zoe said:
HH -- Knowing you in person, it's hard not to refer to you by your real name sometimes. Same with Alj/Allison, NEL, Tacori, and Princesss.

I have the same issue with not using real names for those I know--in fact I just recently had to go back and make sure I didn't use your real name when replying to a post, Zoe.

The only time an acronym is an issue is when two people with the same acronym are in the same thread (which is admittedly rare). So Dancing Fire and Diamondfan are both "DF". Or Neatfreak and Nakedfinger are both "NF".

I like NEL because it's efficient. Two constanants, one vowel, one syllable--it's easy! If I were more clever I would have thought of a funny acronym before creating my username!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I talk to the PS'ers outside of here, it's hard sometimes to use their real names. I still think of them in my head as how I know them from here. When I first started here I wrote out everyone's name b/c I didn't feel familiar enough to shorten anything.

I've been shortened to Packie by some and that's a lot better than Packrat. Goh I could shoot myself in the foot for losing my temper the day I signed up. Every other board I've been on I've been some variation of my name but ohhh no, I thought I'd be like everyone else here and have a pretend name. Well that was a kick in the head eh?

I told Whitby a while back I should've chosen Stunning Blonde Girl. At a GTG, you might say "Oh here comes Missi" but in your *head* you'd be thinking "Here comes Stunning Blonde Girl" and not "Here comes vermin/rodent/hoarding disorder I mean Packrat" :rodent:

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I've ever had a nickname because my name was short enough that people just used the full name. (It was Lilac but I had to change it recently for other reasons - in case anyone couldn't figure out who I am!) Now with Lavender maybe I'll get a nickname because the name is a little longer, but I miss my old name. I liked that one better. :(( Maybe one day I'll change it back. ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lilac! I didn't realise it was you! I can't see your usual av

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
IWPO or Iwanna

Pretty sure when I met Lauren she wanted to call me Iwanna! LOL

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Most people just call me OU... Although some people call me OUP, which makes me think of "Oh, you pee?" Haha I don't know why!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Penn is fairly black and white, and I get that no one wants to type out PennQuaker, so I'm good with Penn.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lavender said:
I don't think I've ever had a nickname because my name was short enough that people just used the full name. (It was Lilac but I had to change it recently for other reasons - in case anyone couldn't figure out who I am!) Now with Lavender maybe I'll get a nickname because the name is a little longer, but I miss my old name. I liked that one better. :(( Maybe one day I'll change it back. ::)

Hi Lilac! I didn't realize it was you! :wavey:

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:

Yeah, I removed the avatar before the switch to 2.0 and now I can't figure out how to get it back (can't find the old pic I used to use). Most people probably don't realize it's me. I really wish I could go back to my old name. Maybe one day. For now, I'll have to stick with Lavender (and Lilac is in my signature so maybe people will realize...) ::)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I've seen people occasionally call me KB. I like that. I was a lovestruck LIW when I joined (ssshh--I know that was a mere two years ago), and I picked something that was sort of an inside joke for DH and me. People always think I'm a cat lover, and while I think they're adorable and wish I had one, I'm very, very allergic to cats. I don't really like beans, either. Maybe I should consider a name change!

TGal, you've always been TGal to me.

Lavender, I'm glad I know who you are now! I was sad your previous incarnation was gone.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
LILAC/Lavender! I didn't recognize you. I'm so glad you said something, now I know where you went.

Usually people drop the third "s" in my SN, but I think that's more because it kind of blends in. It amuses me when people shorten it to "P" because that's what people call BF's mom. It weirds him out when I say that it happens on here, lol!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
iwannaprettyone said:
IWPO or Iwanna

Pretty sure when I met Lauren she wanted to call me Iwanna! LOL

IWPO! Long time no see, how are you???

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lavender said:
Yssie said:

Yeah, I removed the avatar before the switch to 2.0 and now I can't figure out how to get it back (can't find the old pic I used to use). Most people probably don't realize it's me. I really wish I could go back to my old name. Maybe one day. For now, I'll have to stick with Lavender (and Lilac is in my signature so maybe people will realize...) ::)

Oh, I can't see your signature either :sick:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Zoe said:

I recently dropped my "last name" here, so instead of ZoeBartlett, I'm now just Zoe. Indy (IndependentGal) used to call me ZoZo sometimes, but she was the only one.

Monnie -- we haven't chatted a ton on PS, so I didn't feel comfortable going with Monnie for a long time. Then it just began to feel too formal, so I began using Monnie.

Hahahaha, Zoe, this cracks me up because M would get SO confused when I would talk about you because for some reason I use your names interchangably! Ooops.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Well, my SN used to be fieryred33143 but everyone was calling me fiery so I changed it :naughty:

At least it's not like in other forums that have all of these emoticons. You don't even have to type anything anymore. Just a couple of clicks and done.

As for the nicknames I use:

Dreamer is usually DD (although I usually use DD when I'm referring to my daughter. Do we use that on PS?)
TravelingGal is TGal.
ElleDizzy is Elle.
MustangGal is MG.
ChinaCat is China.
Vizsomething is Viz (lol I don't even know her actual SN).
MonkeyPie is MP.
HudsonHawk is HH.

I know there are others but can't think of them all. It does feel weird to call some by their SN when I know their real names. I think Mara called me fiery on one of her posts in the other place. I laughed.

ETA: I see some mentioned NeatFreak. I can't bring myself to call her NF. I don't know why. I usually call her Neat.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
princesss said:
LILAC/Lavender! I didn't recognize you. I'm so glad you said something, now I know where you went.

Usually people drop the third "s" in my SN, but I think that's more because it kind of blends in. It amuses me when people shorten it to "P" because that's what people call BF's mom. It weirds him out when I say that it happens on here, lol!

I have NEVER noticed that your name has an extra S. Ha!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i get confused with the Bs... :confused:
be be
Bee*
Bree

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Very rarely am I first to a thread so I guess I just copy what others have said as far as shortening names. I feel weird about it. Like it will be too vague and no one will know who I am talking to or about or that it might offend the poster.

I have noticed that everyone calls me RQ. Fine by me. That username doesnt make much sense even to me anymore and it is long and not easliy flowing on the keyboard. I am such a knucklehead when it comes to usernames.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss said:
Zoe said:

Hahahaha, Zoe, this cracks me up because M would get SO confused when I would talk about you because for some reason I use your names interchangably! Ooops.

That's funny! Because of your name and Tacori's, I thought it would be easier for me (when talking to D.) to use your PS names to differentiate the two when I was referring to one of you. Eventually he got the hang of it and I could use your real names. Before I learned your last name, I had you in my cell phone as Princesss. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results