shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Pricescope Nickname

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal - I started calling u Tgal when you were preggo because then we call ur hubby Tguy and Amelia Ttot.

Mostly I just use the commonly used nickname for the user.

As for me, people usually shorten mine to Q or qt. But sometimes it gets weird because people also use Q for questions. It's also kind of silly for me to use qtiekiki since it was a SN that I made back in college in an attempt to sound cutesy. I just kept it. Maybe I should change it to mskiki.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I'm "Deco" most of the time, which I like. It's curt & sassy. Some newbies end up shortening it to "decode", which i suppose is understandable. No worries! There are a few other Deco-types around these parts (DecoLady springs to mind). I don't wanna bogart the abbreviation. Seniority? :tongue:

Afraid I'm guilty of the TG-ing sometime. TGal it is. Am lazy?! And I only wanna call Allison D. "Alj". Kaleigh is always Kaleigh to me even though I KNOW better. Usually just try to go w/the flow so folks know who I'm addressing or referring to.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go with what others are using for ease of identifying. Otherwise I'll shorten to the first part of the SN or the intials of the SN.

If I had noticed how SN's are shortened on PS before I signed up, I probably would have chosen a different SN....
People usually shorten me to TP or Too.

Seemed a bit out of place in the discussion about favorite type of toilet paper... :cheeky:

Lavendar/Lilac -- I knew your posts sounded familiar. I'm glad you mentioned it! :wavey:

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually get called "elle" on PS. Even the ladies I chat with on a regular basis outside of PS, and know my first name, still call me elle.

Occasionally there is Edizzy, dizzy, or my personal favorite "ED" I love being referred to as erectile dysfunction.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
People usually call me Tacori. A few call me Tac.

It is difficult when you meet PSers IRL to refer to them as anything BUT their screen names. I have to remind myself of their real names sometimes!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I haven't got a nickname - :(( No one loves me enough to give me one. :(( :((

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Galley, I think it is because your name is easy to write. Lots of people love you.

I've had a couple, the most common is LTF.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
iwannaprettyone said:
IWPO or Iwanna

Pretty sure when I met Lauren she wanted to call me Iwanna! LOL

I am fairly certain that at that first meeting, I may have slipped a bit and then caught myself. :naughty:

As for my screen name, I never expected anyone to type out the full name, but LTP became pretty common. It stuck, I think. LaurenTP was one that I never had seen here until recently and I just had a big "OH" moment when I realized the connotations. :bigsmile:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree is a mouthful. The delightful honey22 formally nicknamed me HOT in a thread on lanterns in BWW.

I have to admit i like it. :devil: But by no means was it ever intentional to have a name with that acronym. :halo:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Gailey said:

*pats* me either, Gailey.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Kismet said:
Gailey said:

Well Kizzy, I can remedy that in a heartbeat!

Now someone make up one for me - I WANT ONE! (Gailey stomps her feet)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I get Burberry, BG, and sometimes BBG... I think maybe Burbs too which reminds me of the suburbs. :))

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I get RFT the most, but occasionally I'll get Redfaery or Megs

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some PSers call me "DUMB F**K" :-o

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire said:
some PSers call me "DUMB F**K" :-o

Well I have never seen that... We adore you DF. I really can't imagine PS without you.... You are a PS staple. :praise:

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm interesting.

There are a few that I've shortened in my head and I always use, such as:

Fiery (well, back when you were FieryRed and I thought you were Irish and had red hair! :lol: Then you revealed your love for Marc.)
Dreamer D- Dreamer or DD
Tacori
TGal
Neat for Neatfreak
Mer for Meresal
Viz for Vizsla
LL or Lysser or Lyss for LittleLysser
QT for Qtiekiki
Deco
Mela for Mela Lu (whom I miss daily)
Janine for JanineGirly
Fisher or Fishie for Fisherofmengirly
Tao for Taovandel
Mandy for Mandarine

I don't really "talk" to Monarch or Iwannapretty one, but I totally think of them as "Monnie" and "IWanna". :bigsmile:

Others I never shorten- Sabine, Mara, Gypsy, Burk, Lili, Lanie, etc.

Others, I usually just shorten for convenience if I am responding, sometimes just using initial, sometimes using what everyone else is using.

I also wish I'd thought of something better for my screen name. I am not Asian nor do I have cats, but I assume that's what most people think it references. In fact, I think Mela thought I was Asian. Though for some reason I thought she was too at first, so go figure. Weird how screen names can give you a totally false visual. Which is another interesting thread.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted said:
I guess I'm "Deco" most of the time, which I like. It's curt & sassy. Some newbies end up shortening it to "decode", which i suppose is understandable. No worries! There are a few other Deco-types around these parts (DecoLady springs to mind). I don't wanna bogart the abbreviation. Seniority? :tongue:

Afraid I'm guilty of the TG-ing sometime. TGal it is. Am lazy?! And I only wanna call Allison D. "Alj". Kaleigh is always Kaleigh to me even though I KNOW better. Usually just try to go w/the flow so folks know who I'm addressing or referring to.

That's right...I forget you call me TG too!

I can't call Alj anything else either.

I used to think of DF solely as DiamondFan because Dancing Fire wasn't active for awhile. Then DiamondFan went away, so DF to me is know the artist formely known as Dumb F***. :tongue:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I've never had a nickname in real life. My maiden name is weird and doesn't lend itself to any sort of nickname. My first name is one syllable. Clairitek is a semi-nickname that a former boyfriend gave to me because I used to be totally obsessed with Jason Varitek and Claire is my first name so Clairitek seemed like a natural nickname. I sort of wanted a nickname since it seemed like all the cool kids had one! :rodent: Thats when I added "C-tek" to my signature and now thats what people call me! I suppose I perpetuated my own nickname but I think its pretty firm now after two years and a few thousand posts.

ETA: Speaking of anniversaries, mine passed a week ago. Can't believe I'm still around! I do enjoy this community immensely. I wonder how much faster my PhD would have been completed had I never joined... :confused:

honey22

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
hawaiianorangetree is a mouthful. The delightful honey22 formally nicknamed me HOT in a thread on lanterns in BWW.

I have to admit i like it. :devil: But by no means was it ever intentional to have a name with that acronym. :halo:

I was just going to tell this story HOT!!!

And I have seen your wedding pics, you sure live up to your name sweetie! :naughty:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Pack- I am seriously cracking up at your post. However, if you went with Stunning Blonde, you probably wouldn't have any friends, cause we would all think you are a bit vain. :naughty:

Mine is Mer or Mere... I like it. It is what everyone calls me in real life, so not too confusing when we have a GTG. :bigsmile:

China, ditto. BTW, where did Mela go??

Fiery, I also thought that you had this striking red hair, until you posted the pic of you and the FI on top of the NYC tour bus! Funny how we invision people before seeing pictures. I imagine I have alot wrong about a bunch of other Ps'ers out there...

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Gailey...you will now be Gales to me.

Charbie doesn't get shorted. The funny thing is that its a nickname for my dog. His name is charlie, but sometimes I call him charbs, charbie, charborator...charles in charge...

I doubt many people here even know my real first name...weird!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I miss my friend Bagpuss - She used to call me "Thyste". I thought it was sweet...

Most people do "Ame" or "Amey" or "Am". It doesn't matter really, as long as what is said is nice :wink2:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My PS name is too short for a nickname, so I'm always Haven and that's fine with me. I don't know how you could shorten it--Hav? Vinny? Hehe.

I like nicknames IRL and use them often on PS. You guys will always be TGal, Monnie, MP, Mere, Zoe (I know you dropped "Bartlett" though!), Amey, HOT, C-tek, Deco, DFire, Freak, Neat, Thing, Fiery, RQ, Dreamer, Elle, HH, etc. to me! (I'm sure I use many more, but these are just the ones that come to mind right away.)

The problem I always have is whether or not to capitalize people's names. I always wonder if those without capitalized names prefer that others use lower case when addressing them. I'm probably the only person who worries about that, because I'm a nerd.

And LILAC--nice to see you! I didn't make the connection. I'm really lost without avatars around here. I blame it on being a visual learner.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
honey22 said:
hawaiianorangetree said:

And I have seen your wedding pics, you sure live up to your name sweetie! :naughty:

I'll ditto that!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
honey22 said:
hawaiianorangetree said:

I'll ditto that!

***BLUSHES***

Why thank you ladies!!

(I certainly don't look like that when i get out of bed though!) :cheeky:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Most people call me Tuckins instead of Tuckins1 (which is fine because if I could change my name, I would take the 1 off anyways). Lorelei usually calls me Tuckies, but she's the only one.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins1 said:
Most people call me Tuckins instead of Tuckins1 (which is fine because if I could change my name, I would take the 1 off anyways). Lorelei usually calls me Tuckies, but she's the only one.

Oh yes, I'm Yissers to Lorelei... haven't seen her in these parts in a long time though :(sad

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Gailey said:
Kismet said:
Gailey said:

Well Kizzy, I can remedy that in a heartbeat!

Now someone make up one for me - I WANT ONE! (Gailey stomps her feet)

Gailey is your nickname, you big silly :bigsmile: I never call you by your real name, because you have never used it on PS.

I'm called risingsun, rising, RS and Marian. Anyone who would like to us my real name is welcome to do so :wavey:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haven said:
My PS name is too short for a nickname, so I'm always Haven and that's fine with me. I don't know how you could shorten it--Hav? Vinny? Hehe.

I like nicknames IRL and use them often on PS. You guys will always be TGal, Monnie, MP, Mere, Zoe (I know you dropped "Bartlett" though!), Amey, HOT, C-tek, Deco, DFire, Freak, Neat, Thing, Fiery, RQ, Dreamer, Elle, HH, etc. to me! (I'm sure I use many more, but these are just the ones that come to mind right away.)

The problem I always have is whether or not to capitalize people's names. I always wonder if those without capitalized names prefer that others use lower case when addressing them. I'm probably the only person who worries about that, because I'm a nerd.

And LILAC--nice to see you! I didn't make the connection. I'm really lost without avatars around here. I blame it on being a visual learner.

Heh - I'm in the same boat as you on both the length of my PS name, and the internal debate about *how* to transliterate people's names in posts. If I don't abbreviate in the first place, I find myself capitalizing the words for distinction - so Deco, for example, might become DD, or DecoDelighted, but never ever Decodelighted. OCD FTW!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results