shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Pricescope Nickname

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just BBO! That's easy enough. :) Either that, or people can say, hey, longhorn! I'll answer! :bigsmile:

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
arghandstuff (fisher's lovely DH, who I miss!) used to call me anch, and I think kaleigh calls me anckie (or something)? But mostly people drop the 31 and it's just anchor.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I haven't noticed an established nickname for me. Ocasionally, people will use LD (pretty easy!) but that is used more often for Loving Diamonds (she is much more of a PS fixture than I am).

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain said:
I haven't noticed an established nickname for me. Ocasionally, people will use LD (pretty easy!) but that is used more often for Loving Diamonds (she is much more of a PS fixture than I am).

How about Lady Dis? It has a cool sound to it :sun:

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Hi HH! Doin well thanks! You?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted said:
IAnd I only wanna call Allison D. "Alj".

I'm happy to be Alj......and that's what most people still call me, thankfully!

Oh, and Deco......I know I've been remiss on communications, but my bracelet is DYING to set up a playdate with you! :naughty:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG...you will always be TG to me. even though I *know* you, when I think about you in my mind I don't think of your name, I think 'TG'.

And of course ALJ is always ALJ. Or lemon lover.

China you are CC to me.

Decodelighted is Deco.

Kaleigh you are Kal to me.

LittleLysser is Lysser.

Monarch is always Monnie--and yes I think that was from HLT way back when.

I tend to shorten based on first names. Like Thing2of2 is Thing.

I called someone on the other site by their PS name the other day and they laughed too--lol fiery it wasn't you this time. I have to actually manually stop myself so many times. It feels foreign!!

I chose Mara sooooo long ago and never thought I should choose an actual 'screen name'...I guess I didn't plan to stick around so long. It's kinda hard to be anon. :naughty:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm JStar to most people around here. I don't have a problem with that. :twirl:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I get the obvious AJ, or sometimes Arjun or Arjuna..
I don't mind any / either.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its hard to shorten a short name, but people still manage with mine. Its usually Maise for some reason :bigsmile:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer Freke. I'm not a huge fan of FC, but whateva. Some people call me Liz, which is fine, but it totally takes me by surprise sometimes. I've had numerous people call me Freke off-PS, and that's fine with me!

ETA: I call Thing2of2, Thing2. And I've been known to call Clairitek, C-dawg...I think I jumped on the Packie train, although I sometimes spell it Packy. I call Monarch, Monnie. TGal, etc etc etc.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild said:
I'm not a huge fan of FC, but whateva.

Whenever I hear FC, I think of "force close," which is the term for what happens when an Android app stops working. I'm such a geek. :geek:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm always tempted to call elledizzy "E-Diz" or "E-Dizzle".

I really can't tell you why, because I'm not usually the type to -izzle a person (boy does that sound dirty), but the temptation is always there. I think I've typed it out a couple of times and then deleted it because I realize just how ridiculous it would look if I actually called her either.

Hey, Elle! Don't worry, I won't izzle you! :wavey:

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I guess people call me TG which is fine. When I first picked that screen name and I saw TravelingGal on here and thought "aww crap, I hope I'm not stepping on toes." But since she goes by TGal to most people, it's no biggie.

I was trying to think of a pretty name and I'd just returned from a vacation abroad so I thought "Travel Goddess" sounded nice. Now, I think it sounds ostentatious.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I get Gwen, Gwennie, and sometimes Gwenneh. :))

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have never really thought of this I guess.
I usually like :

TravelinGal - Tgal
Hudson Hawk - HH
I used to call Smurfy Smurf
Monarch is Monarch to me

I don't shorten many by much.... I don't feel like I'm a familiar enough poster to justify it.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven said:
I'm always tempted to call elledizzy "E-Diz" or "E-Dizzle".

I really can't tell you why, because I'm not usually the type to -izzle a person (boy does that sound dirty), but the temptation is always there. I think I've typed it out a couple of times and then deleted it because I realize just how ridiculous it would look if I actually called her either.

Hey, Elle! Don't worry, I won't izzle you! :wavey:

Just for the record, I don't mind! :rodent: :bigsmile:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Silly confession about Claritek.

I think the SN sounds so pretty so I don't like to shorten it to C-tek and don't like when others shorten it either lol.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
fiery - I am that way about Lorelei... I think it is the prettiest name/word. Claritek is so pretty too

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and Blen is Blen to me (actual name Blenheim). I actually had to stop and think of what her full SN was when I was telling another poster to check with her about something.

EB is EBree to me, always. I have to retype "EB" everytime.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
fiery said:
Silly confession about Claritek.

I think the SN sounds so pretty so I don't like to shorten it to C-tek and don't like when others shorten it either lol.

Aww I'm glad my name is lyrical to you! Funny considering the origin of it is a male baseball player who is not that pretty.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I get called J'smom a lot, but I don't remember who first shortened it. I don't mind it since a lot of people get the spelling wrong when they spell it out in full Jaysonsmom, leaving out the Y (my son was named after my hubby Jay, hence Jayson).

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I'm normally Pandora or Pan... or in the case of Mela 'Pandorsy' :bigsmile:

I wanted to register just as Pandora but it was already taken so Pandora II was what it ended up as. To be honest I find it a bit weird seeing it written out in full, tends only to be done by newbies though.

I've been Pandora for so long on so many places that 'she' has sort of become my alter-ego... heck I even gave my daughter the name as a middle name :bigsmile:

'Knowing' a load of people on here on FB or IRL, I find it very hard to adjust some times... Harriet is still Harriet, Mela is still Mela to me. I know some of them found it weird when they found out my real name!

For me:

Dreamer
China
Fiery
Blen
Viz
TGal
Indy
Mela
Ebree (still forget it's now EB)
RPS
PG
Robbie
and lots of others!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I'm normally Pandora or Pan... or in the case of Mela 'Pandorsy' :bigsmile:

I wanted to register just as Pandora but it was already taken so Pandora II was what it ended up as. To be honest I find it a bit weird seeing it written out in full, tends only to be done by newbies though.

I've been Pandora for so long on so many places that 'she' has sort of become my alter-ego... heck I even gave my daughter the name as a middle name :bigsmile:

'Knowing' a load of people on here on FB or IRL, I find it very hard to adjust some times... Harriet is still Harriet, Mela is still Mela to me. I know some of them found it weird when they found out my real name!

For me:

Dreamer
China
Fiery
Blen
Viz
TGal
Indy
Mela
Ebree (still forget it's now EB)
RPS
PG
Robbie
and lots of others!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Mine's long so LGK is the usual. It's a weird combo of letters so I don't think there's anyone else that can be shortened to LGK!

The original little grey kitten is of course Rat, who was an utterly adorable grey ball-o-fluff some 14 years ago when I first needed a net name. He got browner and stripy-er as time went on, so I'd have to be, um, SmallishBrownStripeyCat now? :cheeky: . I think I'll stick with LGK!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results