shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like this one could be a winner! I know you are constrained by your European locale in searching, but here is what I found for pricing comparison purposes on Pricescope using 'cut quality' and only Excellent HCA scorers.

1c F VS2 AGS0; HCA score: 0.5 EX
$6480 at NiceIce.Com

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/100fvs2_gia12314911/index.htm

1.03 F VS2 AGS0 Hearts and Arrows SuperbCert Super Ideal; HCA Score: 0.9 EX
$7085 at SuperbCert.Com

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=289696&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=

Now..knowing that your guy is shy about buying online, and your Euro locale--these two are just comparisons to the stone you posted in the text file. That said...the text file stone looks pretty hot! The specs are all on the money, and the HCA gives it a 1.0 TIC EX EX EX VG. The price as you can see is in-between those two stones above, and the difference between the two stones above is that the second is a SuperbCert Super Ideal H&A which it sounds possibly similar to the stone you are considering? In any case, the first stone I posted is only AGS0...which is no slouch, but does not specify H&A or SuperIdeal, brands which usually carry a bit of a markup with them . So with your shopping constraints, this stone is really on the money for pricing if it is a Super Ideal H&A. I'd ask to see the Hearts and Arrows through the H&A viewer when you see the stone in person as well as if they have an IdealScope to view the light return. Be sure to view the stone through a loupe and have the jeweler point out the inclusions to you so that you can see if they are even remotely visible. But with a VS2 you should be safe if it was GIA graded.

I bet when you see it, it will knock your socks off. Keep us posted, sounds like one could be it!
1.gif

Congrats and good luck at the viewing!

meow4444

Rough_Rock
The person that I am working with is introduced by Gary(CN).
He is not a dealer but a H&A cutter. Interesting thing is he introduced me to this label called 'Inifinity Diamonds'. (think it is his own label.)
He mentioned it is as good as a SuperCert Ideal H&A. If you are interested, I will post a writeup that he sent me in my next mail. Pretty interesting article!

From what he said, I think every Infinity diamond is a Supercert Ideal + H&A.

1)I got 0.9 using the sarin proportions and 1.0 using GIA cert.
Which should I be using?

2) The diamond is in the US at the moment. I guess I will not get to see the H&A pattern and light return in person. I will try my best to get him to send me the pictures and the GIA cert (to see the inclusions)

3) I do not have a chance to talk to Paul (the cutter) yet. I am rather concerned about 'guarantees and refunds'. Wonder if he is able to give guarantees and refund since he is not a dealer. Or should I arrange to buy from the US dealer he has the stone with now.....a bit confusing I know.....

He will be calling me tomorrow to discuss everything.....so I will keep everyone posted!

In the meanwhile, keep the comments coming! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

sandwich287

Rough_Rock
ok i bought a ring today

please give me feedback

Cut: Medium
Clairty: I2
Carat: 1ct
Color: I/J

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Meow, this should be a VERY NICE stone. I've attached a DiamCalc computer simulated IdealScope image of what the stone MIGHT look like.

In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond. However, this "blind" reproduction should be fairly close on the major points.

The program lists the light return specs as:

Light Return (mono)…...: 0.99 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.99 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 0.97 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 1.01 Very Good
Contrast............................: 0.98 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…..: 1.00 Very Good

1.01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results