shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions on the Quad Princess Invisible Set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 1:19:45 PM
Author: coach_x+

Date: 3/3/2007 12:37:41 PM
Author: InlovewithJHK
I also like this setting for your price range
http://www.faycullen.com/antique_ring_settings/500/167m1d.html
white gold for $1,195 and plat for only $200 more
p.jpg

a pic for the lazy

WOW I really like that one! It looks rich.
it is pretty - but do a search on fay cullen here before you decide.

Dory

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 1:19:45 PM

Date: 3/3/2007 12:37:41 PM
Author: InlovewithJHK
I also like this setting for your price range
http://www.faycullen.com/antique_ring_settings/500/167m1d.html
white gold for $1,195 and plat for only $200 more
p.jpg

a pic for the lazy

WOW I really like that one! It looks rich.
OHHHH, ME TOO!!!
30.gif

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 11:58:22 AM

As far as my change collection my one container weighs 60 lbs in coin with many bills as well. Kinda fun.
Coach,

I agree with what everyone here is saying about the diamond and the setting. I think it''s *amazing* that you''ve been saving up for so long for a ring for your sweetie. But your post alarmed me--do you literally have cash just sitting around in your house, i.e. not in bank account?
23.gif

If so, I strongly recommend depositing all that cash into an interest-bearing savings account with high yield so that from now until the summer when you actually make your purchase your money can be earning compound interest...this will give your budget some wiggle room.

I highly recommend ING Direct, I just opened an account myself a few months ago and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner with them.
2.gif

Anyways, good luck! I know that with PS members help you can buy a lovely 1 carat princess in a great setting.
1.gif

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/3/2007 3:09:52 PM
Author: Kit

Date: 3/2/2007 11:58:22 AM

As far as my change collection my one container weighs 60 lbs in coin with many bills as well. Kinda fun.
Coach,

I agree with what everyone here is saying about the diamond and the setting. I think it''s *amazing* that you''ve been saving up for so long for a ring for your sweetie. But your post alarmed me--do you literally have cash just sitting around in your house, i.e. not in bank account?
23.gif

If so, I strongly recommend depositing all that cash into an interest-bearing savings account with high yield so that from now until the summer when you actually make your purchase your money can be earning compound interest...this will give your budget some wiggle room.

I highly recommend ING Direct, I just opened an account myself a few months ago and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner with them.
2.gif

Anyways, good luck! I know that with PS members help you can buy a lovely 1 carat princess in a great setting.
1.gif
hahah....my GF works at a bank and has told me the same thing. Personally I like to see the change grow, afterall its not that much interest.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I would highly recommend a halo setting. Your GF will difinitely appreciate the size it will add to the stone. I''d suggest either a princess halo or a round in a sqare halo.

Here''s an example -- but there are a lot of different halo settings out there.

princess_halo.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, just wanted to add my experience with invisible set rings...my center stone is a 1.5 RB, but my wedding band contains 1.38ctw of invisible set princess cut stones, both set in plat. I''ve worn my WB for 3.5 years now with no issues, I clean it in my ultrasonic cleaner and have never had any issues with it so far. This is not a band I chose because I researched it, however, but because DH and I went to pick out wedding bands and the jeweler really sold me on the clean look and how well it went with my e-ring. I also wanted something that could stand alone should I have children someday and want to only wear my wb so as not to scratch or poke babies with my e-ring that stands up much higher. Also, (hopefully my pic posts large enough for you to see this) the two rows of invisible set stones are separated by a thin line of plat. so that if one stone (or row should they all happen to fall out) both rows would not be a complete loss, I guess.

I do take my rings in for inspection of prongs and overall wear and tear twice a year, and they are insured, so I feel pretty secure wearing this style. I would not, however, recommend the quad set center for an e-ring...personal preference, mainly. I also think 4 stones invisibly set in something that sits higher off the finger have a better chance of getting knocked around and you face a liklihood of one or more stones falling out of the setting.

I agree with other posters who are suggesting you find a nice princess cut center for the e-ring, though! Good luck!

invsblset1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results