shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Most Favourite 5 pieces.....

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
33FAEF51-D9FE-4CA4-8FB8-9D69569BFC08.jpeg just for fun.
Not necessarily the family heirlooms that you’d never sell anyway, but your 5 most special pieces that always make you smile and their story (if there is one you care to share).
Mine.
1. My emerald and diamond dress ring. I bought this off eBay over a decade ago, it was such a stab in the dark, no decent photo (seller was disposing of inherited pieces) didn’t even call it an emerald. It was stunning and I’m still in awe. I paid $600.
2. My engagement ring. This is the reset of my dreams and it cost an arm and a leg. Oh well. The original ring, from the second I saw that Art Deco era emerald cut diamond (so long and slim) in the window she had to be mine. My poor “to be fiancée” didn’t even know diamonds came that size and could cost so much!
3. My Elgin “Lady and the Tiger” watch. This was on my “to buy list” for years. As Elgin is American watch maker and none were ever seen here in Australia, instead I stalked American Auction sites, online antique vendors even eBay. They sold for thousands usually. Apparently one was once sold for $11,000. Condition is important, the enamel is often chipped and original watch faces refinished and winders replaced. You always want as close to original as possible. I got lucky with an eBay listing (it’s a jungle out there) it was an auction, starting at 99 cents, I cheekily emailed the seller and said “I’ll give you $1,000 now”. It was accepted and this almost totally perfect Elgin watch became mine. It had no watchband. I then spent another 2 years searching for a correct period watchband and came across an Art Deco black enamel one which I bought.
4. My Art Deco diamond bracelet. I was retrenched from my job about 15 years ago and was both devastated and in shock. I received a substantial termination payment for my over 10 years service. Catching the train home on my last day I walked through the Queen Victoria Building (here in Sydney Australia) where possibly THE most expensive antique jewellery shop is, and I saw the bracelet in their window. I just walked in and bought it. It is total Hollywood. To this day I still can’t say out loud how much I paid for it! It was way too much!
5. My Australian Opal bracelet. How I love opals. This treasure I’ve had 20 years. Bought here at a local auction, no one was interested - why? I have no idea, it’s glorious. Absolutely stunning in my opinion. But Aussies have a weird dislike of opals, some say they are bad luck. Whatever. I paid $500 for it.
So, what are your special pieces ?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gorgeous, gorgeous pieces, @Bron357 ! Those bracelets are amazing, those opals :lickout: And you paid peanuts for that emerald ring??! Wowzers!! Spoil us with a hand shot of your engagement ring. I've seen it before but I don't think on your hand?

I am dashing off now, but will try to get my most treasured 5 together later.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces @Bron357 :love::appl:

OK my "top" five pieces and while I have so many I love these are my favorites.

First up my Cartier Black Opal ring-gift from my parents. My dad gave it to my mom in 1972 and they bought it from the NYC fifth avenue Cartier store. They no longer carry anything like this from what I was told when I went to the Cartier store years ago to have this ring resized for my big fingers (my mom's ring finger was a 4). All the Cartier people were drooling over my ring haha. Truly irreplaceable and this ring means so much to me as it represents my parents true love for each other and for us.
cartierblackopalperfection.jpg

Then there is Bea, my 4.56 OEC and named after my grandmother who we miss dearly. She was the first one who introduced me to old cuts and she was the true embodiment of kindness, selflessness and love and beauty. There will never be another like my grandmother. RIP dear Grandma. I love and miss you so much.

beaandwb.jpg

The OEC cluster I got from OWD. Bea is also from OWD by the way.

BEAVSCLUSTER.JPEG

and lastly my two favorite watches by Cartier and Rolex.

cartierandrolexwatches.jpg.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces, ladies!

I'll have to wait a few weeks to add to this thread, but it's coming!

P

Petalouda

@missy that Cartier opal ring is to die for! Absolutely exquisite!

Q

Queenie60

IMG_0145.JPG IMG_1743.JPG IMG_1795.JPG IMG_1997.JPG IMG_0770 (5).JPG These are a few of my favorites. And not in any particular order - OEC pendant; silver/blue strand of tahitian pearls; diamond studs; my OEC ring, made by the most famous Caysie! and my pear drop earrings. I feel that most of my jewels are favorites as I'm particular with my purchases.

Q

Queenie60

And such a great thread - can't wait to see all of the lovely favorite bling!!! Thank you Bron.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Q

Queenie60

Those earrings. I can't even.
I'll trade them for your drop earrings!!! My most favorite earrings on PS. You have great taste Mrs B

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll trade them for your drop earrings!!! My most favorite earrings on PS. You have great taste Mrs B

You're no slouch yourself, @Queenie60! Your drops and Yssie's studs are *my* favorite earrings on PS!

And thank you for the compliment. :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my 5 most precious treasures:
1. Antique pearl & OEC ring inherited from Great Aunt. Dates to between 1895-1905.
2. 18ct gold locket containing a lock of my dad's hair. He died almost 17 years ago at the age of 58, from complications of leaukemia treatment.
3. 18ct & platinum OEC antique daisy ring, which was my grandmother's original engagement ring from 1937. It never left her finger.
4. Diamond studs, a gift from my parents for my 25th birthday. Not a great colour but sparkle like crazy & don't leave my ears.
5. Platinum full princess cut eternity ring, wedged onto my swollen finger the day after our youngest daughter was born. I had no idea husband had it & I wear it every day. IMG_20180503_191558.jpg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great idea for a thread, I love everyone's pieces and the sentiments behind some of them!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love reading this tread. Unfortunately I don’t have 5 pieces to contribute at this time :cry2:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread. I never get tired of seeing Missy's opal ring. It is on my bucket list to see it in real life!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness. The pieces in this thread. Missy's, Queenies.... I am dying. Everyone has such lovely pieces.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

First up my Cartier Black Opal ring-gift from my parents. My dad gave it to my mom in 1972 and they bought it from the NYC fifth avenue Cartier store. They no longer carry anything like this from what I was told when I went to the Cartier store years ago to have this ring resized for my big fingers (my mom's ring finger was a 4). All the Cartier people were drooling over my ring haha. Truly irreplaceable and this ring means so much to me as it represents my parents true love for each other and for us.

Then there is Bea, my 4.56 OEC and named after my grandmother who we miss dearly. She was the first one who introduced me to old cuts and she was the true embodiment of kindness, selflessness and love and beauty. There will never be another like my grandmother. RIP dear Grandma. I love and miss you so much.

beaandwb.jpg

BEAVSCLUSTER.JPEG

That Opal ring of yours is off the scale for beauty. The quality of the opal is something else.:love:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock

beaandwb.jpg

BEAVSCLUSTER.JPEG

That opal ring is ridiculously drool-worthy. :eek2:
I’m going to have to find me a black opal now.

Q

Queenie60

These are my 5 most precious treasures:
1. Antique pearl & OEC ring inherited from Great Aunt. Dates to between 1895-1905.
2. 18ct gold locket containing a lock of my dad's hair. He died almost 17 years ago at the age of 58, from complications of leaukemia treatment.
3. 18ct & platinum OEC antique daisy ring, which was my grandmother's original engagement ring from 1937. It never left her finger.
4. Diamond studs, a gift from my parents for my 25th birthday. Not a great colour but sparkle like crazy & don't leave my ears.
5. Platinum full princess cut eternity ring, wedged onto my swollen finger the day after our youngest daughter was born. I had no idea husband had it & I wear it every day. IMG_20180503_191558.jpg
Alex - they're beautiful. I especially like the pearl with OEC halo ring. To die for!!!!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

beaandwb.jpg

BEAVSCLUSTER.JPEG

Just amazing! And that opal ring wow!!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really have a "top 6" but if I am forced to pick only 5 then here they are:

1. My 2.52 ct FLY radiant ER comes in at number 1. We had talked about upgrading for a big birthday/anniversary and even looked at 2 ct stones but when push came to shove I couldn't do it as we had 2 kids in college at the time. It was a couple years later when my jeweler had this ring in his store that I fell in love with and would "visit" any time I was near, lol. My husband traveled a ton for business and happened to be in Japan. He called me one day and said he had thought about this ring the entire flight to Japan and I should just go get it before someone else did. I was floored, then ecstatic, then scared beyond belief that I would get there and it would be gone. Luckily for me it was still there!
IMG_8140.JPG

2. Number two is my Tsavorite ring - Some people here know that I had some serious heart issues, had a stroke and they found a large hole in my heart as well as an aneurism. A couple weeks before my scheduled repair surgery we went on a trip to FL and visited a jewelry store there. They had this Tsavorite ring. The setting is an unusual Parade setting. Hubby thought it looked like angels on the sides and he decided I had to have it so that the angels could watch over me during surgery. They must have watched closely because I am still here, lol.
DSC_1180.JPG

3. My Blue Sapphire Ring. My hubby bought this ring for me back when we didn't really have that much money. He knew I loved blue sapphires. I had my smaller color shifter ring but this is another one that I would "visit" any time I was near. It is a 4.76ct sapphire set in 1.60cts of diamonds. This is a Nelson setting that I just love because of the detail work.
DSC_1540.JPG
IMG_5410.JPG
4. My Opal ring is number 4. I love this ring. I love this stone. I love my hubby for surprising me with it! He said "it "spoke to him".
IMG_1979[1].jpg

5. My Ruby Ring [but also my Dragonfly pin] - Another ring that I visited quite often. I love this ring. I love the different flower-like halo and I love the glowing ruby. I had asked for this ring for Christmas two years ago. My jeweler always has a Christmas party the first week of Christmas and we were at the party when we saw this stunning graduated yellow diamond dragonfly pin. I immediately fell in love[did I mention I have a pin/brooch fetish?]. Hubby asked me which I wanted for Christmas, the ruby ring or the dragonfly pin. I couldn't choose so I told him to surprise me and boy did he ever surprise me. He got both!!! He said he had to get the ring and the "bug" spoke to him so he got it too. The dragonfly pin is my avatar picture. Have I ever mentioned how much I love it when jewelry speaks to my husband? :lol:

DSC_3681.JPG

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

1. My 2.52 ct FLY radiant ER comes in at number 1. We had talked about upgrading for a big birthday/anniversary and even looked at 2 ct stones but when push came to shove I couldn't do it as we had 2 kids in college at the time. It was a couple years later when my jeweler had this ring in his store that I fell in love with and would "visit" any time I was near, lol. My husband traveled a ton for business and happened to be in Japan. He called me one day and said he had thought about this ring the entire flight to Japan and I should just go get it before someone else did. I was floored, then ecstatic, then scared beyond belief that I would get there and it would be gone. Luckily for me it was still there!
IMG_8140.JPG

2. Number two is my Tsavorite ring - Some people here know that I had some serious heart issues, had a stroke and they found a large hole in my heart as well as an aneurism. A couple weeks before my scheduled repair surgery we went on a trip to FL and visited a jewelry store there. They had this Tsavorite ring. The setting is an unusual Parade setting. Hubby thought it looked like angels on the sides and he decided I had to have it so that the angels could watch over me during surgery. They must have watched closely because I am still here, lol.
DSC_1180.JPG

3. My Blue Sapphire Ring. My hubby bought this ring for me back when we didn't really have that much money. He knew I loved blue sapphires. I had my smaller color shifter ring but this is another one that I would "visit" any time I was near. It is a 4.76ct sapphire set in 1.60cts of diamonds. This is a Nelson setting that I just love because of the detail work.
DSC_1540.JPG
IMG_5410.JPG
4. My Opal ring is number 4. I love this ring. I love this stone. I love my hubby for surprising me with it! He said "it "spoke to him".
IMG_1979[1].jpg

5. My Ruby Ring [but also my Dragonfly pin] - Another ring that I visited quite often. I love this ring. I love the different flower-like halo and I love the glowing ruby. I had asked for this ring for Christmas two years ago. My jeweler always has a Christmas party the first week of Christmas and we were at the party when we saw this stunning graduated yellow diamond dragonfly pin. I immediately fell in love[did I mention I have a pin/brooch fetish?]. Hubby asked me which I wanted for Christmas, the ruby ring or the dragonfly pin. I couldn't choose so I told him to surprise me and boy did he ever surprise me. He got both!!! He said he had to get the ring and the "bug" spoke to him so he got it too. The dragonfly pin is my avatar picture. Have I ever mentioned how much I love it when jewelry speaks to my husband? :lol:

DSC_3681.JPG
Such a well curated collection you have. I love all the pieces in your “critters” collection that I have seen so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My favorites are:

my great-grandmother's diamond and platinum ring. 1.12 ct OEC center
my diamond and platinum emerald ring, emerald is 1.33ct, with .66 ctw asschers, in hand-made platinum setting
my custom made tanzanite and diamond necklace
tanzanite ring and bracelet - to go with the necklace
my 5 ctw diamond tennis bracelet and 1 ctw whiteflash bangle IMG_0165.JPG IMG_3349.jpg IMG_0828.JPG IMG_3404.JPG IMG_3405.JPG

Q

Queenie60

IMG_8140.JPG

DSC_1180.JPG

DSC_1540.JPG
IMG_5410.JPG
IMG_1979[1].jpg

DSC_3681.JPG
Catmom. I love....love all of your 5 favorites! And most of all, I like the story behind each. You have a special husband, he has great taste. Mine would not dare purchase jewelry for me - he just smiles when I come up with something new. Enjoy all of them - they're quite special.

Q

Queenie60

My favorites are:

my great-grandmother's diamond and platinum ring. 1.12 ct OEC center
my diamond and platinum emerald ring, emerald is 1.33ct, with .66 ctw asschers, in hand-made platinum setting
my custom made tanzanite and diamond necklace
tanzanite ring and bracelet - to go with the necklace
my 5 ctw diamond tennis bracelet and 1 ctw whiteflash bangle IMG_0165.JPG IMG_3349.jpg IMG_0828.JPG IMG_3404.JPG IMG_3405.JPG
Beautiful pieces. I like your tanzanite bracelet!

AmethystHope

Rough_Rock
Smiles for miles: (@Bron357 - fun thread, thank you!)

1) Top left: Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti platinum cross: 2003, bought it in Honolulu, never take it off! After a yucky divorce, bought it celebrate a more conscious life, flying the South Pacific from Canada (working old school two-week+ crew pairings, where did the glamour go?) and my favourite constellation - the Southern Cross. Much love to Hawaii, Fiji, Cook Islands, Australia, and New Zealand!

2) Top right: 14kt YG sweet pea pin with enamel and diamond accent: 1910ish, I’m completely addicted to flowers and Thai silk/textiles, and this is a constant sidekick when I’m wearing scarves.

3) Middle: My platinum wedding ring 2013 - 5 stone 2.00+cts (Costco - no clue, no PS education at the time, but luckily doesn’t seem to suck too badly! :shock:).

4) Bottom left: Gift - A.F Edwards platinum OEC 1.09cts centre (1.59cts total) (thinking it would benefit from a rehab (DK?) - thoughts welcome…).

5) Bottom right: My Grandma’s 14kt YG 5 stone wedding ring (1944) - always wear with my wedding ring, or alone. A million hearts.

upload_2018-5-5_3-15-9.png

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a well curated collection you have. I love all the pieces in your “critters” collection that I have seen so far. Looking forward to seeing more.
Thank you Rubybrick!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results