shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having made my way through the most hideous surgery I've every experienced, I'm celebrating by setting my gorgeous peridot. She's the biggest, most beautiful one in the photo below. I vaguely recall her being something like 8.6mm and she's going into a platinum setting surrounded either by 12 pt or 20pt diamonds. I have both, and I'd prefer to use the 20 pt stones, but we'll have to work out if they fit, otherwise it will be the 12pt diamonds. So the diamond cluster will be somewhere between 1.2ctw and 2ctw.

20220513_180736.jpg

This is a knock out colour & I adore it. It reminds me of the first budding spring leaves, where all the hedgerows turn from brown twigs to a bright & beautiful lime green.

It's going to look stunning & I am so excited to see you on the road to recovery x

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having made my way through the most hideous surgery I've every experienced, I'm celebrating by setting my gorgeous peridot. She's the biggest, most beautiful one in the photo below. I vaguely recall her being something like 8.6mm and she's going into a platinum setting surrounded either by 12 pt or 20pt diamonds. I have both, and I'd prefer to use the 20 pt stones, but we'll have to work out if they fit, otherwise it will be the 12pt diamonds. So the diamond cluster will be somewhere between 1.2ctw and 2ctw.

I have to tell you @mrs-b..I’m beyond happy to see you posting again. Your peridot ring will be gorgeous..I love that it will be your celebration ring!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to pick this up when I saw it pretty ruby surrounded tiny sapphires and diamonds=)2 63B536FC-CD28-41CC-89E7-0B02A24F452E.jpeg

Oh it just glows beautifully and boy do those sapphires make it pop!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy with my new little vintage 18k white gold three diamond baguette band. That’s a mouthful! :lol:I needed another spacer because I lost my slim vintage baguette eternity band. I bought a new princess band but I still wanted baguettes. I didn’t want to spend thousands to replace it…I saw this on EBay. There’s a ton of them around but a lot of them have chunky bars in between the baguettes..This one is thinner without prominent bars..I think I got it for $350! I love it! Please excuse the closeup of my very chapped fingers..
E6D2FE8C-4377-4F63-B197-3039CBD92ADF.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy with my new little vintage 18k white gold three diamond baguette band. That’s a mouthful! :lol:I needed another spacer because I lost my slim vintage baguette eternity band. I bought a new princess band but I still wanted baguettes. I didn’t want to spend thousands to replace it…I saw this on EBay. There’s a ton of them around but a lot of them have chunky bars in between the baguettes..This one is thinner without prominent bars..I think I got it for $350! I love it! Please excuse the closeup of my very chapped fingers..

It is very pretty! How does it look with your engagement ring? You have a real knack for finding these lovely bands!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
S

Really late response - but I had the same concerns as you @Cerulean regarding the quality of Maria Tash vs the price.

I picked up a Maria Tash lightning threaded earring pre-loved and have been wearing it in my conch piercing since getting it three or four months ago.

The diamonds are bright - they're small and delicate but very white, and I think I've only ultrasonic'd it once during this time.

Definitely not worth if if you're buying the >0.25ct pieces but for the pave, it's lovely.

Word of warning for the types of their earrings though: mine is a 'threaded' style that I would not recommend as the threaded post is thinner than normal (because it needs to go into the long threaded back). This means that (1) it bends easily, (2) the threads are thin and delicate which may wear out over time, and (3) the threaded back covering is thicker than normal, which may not fit into your piercing. Luckily my conch piercing is quite wide, as it wouldn't fit into my other (three) helix piercings.

It's worth trying on these threaded style earrings before committing to one!

1676300475134.png

1676300263935.png

Looks amazing! Can you also tell us about the mother of pearl earring?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is very pretty! How does it look with your engagement ring? You have a real knack for finding these lovely bands!

Thank you! I have to see the orthodontist soon so I can’t get at my pouch. I think it will be too narrow for my engagement ring unless I do use it as a spacer and not a wedding band. I’m thinking it will be perfect for my three stone because thicker bands don’t look right with it. I’ll get the pouch out tonight to play with it a bit.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes you do things you regret. One example - I sold my Leon eternity that DH gave me as part of my 25th wedding anniversary gift. I've never loved it as a ring on me (platinum really isn't my thing), but as soon as I sold it, I had this overwhelming feeling of having let something go that was given to me with so much care and love that letting it go felt disrespectful. The upside was that it went to a PSer of whom I am very fond, and the idea of her enjoying it made things ok.

But then she had a change of finger size and the little eternity was sitting in a dark box, unworn. I asked my friend if she had thought of selling it, and she and her husband had in fact been considering letting it go! So...the little Leon is on its way back to me, and I've learned from my mistake.

@rainydaze - do you remember exchanging a few posts with me about clearing out my jewelry box and telling me to be careful not to let anything go I might regret? Boy, have those words been ringing in my ears! I've combined those words with this recent experience, and I think I'm just going to have to save the money if I want to upgrade the Beloved center stone, rather than selling my way to an upgrade. I do love the pieces I have, and they're precious to me. Letting things go would be a mistake. Thank you for the wisdom.

And @bling_dream19 - I am sending you big hugs and grateful thanks. oxo

Last edited:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes you do things you regret. One example - I sold my Leon eternity that DH gave me as part of my 25th wedding anniversary gift. I've never loved it as a ring on me (platinum really isn't my thing), but as soon as I sold it, I had this overwhelming feeling of having let something go that was given to me with so much care and love that it felt disrespectful, letting it go. The upside was that it went to a PSer of whom I am very fond, and the idea of her enjoying it made things ok.

But then she had a change of finger size and the little eternity was sitting in a dark box, unworn. I asked my friend if she had thought of selling it, and she and her husband had in fact been considering letting it go! So...the little Leon is on its way back to me, and I've learned from my mistake.

@rainydaze - do you remember exchanging a few posts with me about clearing out my jewelry box and telling me to be careful not to let anything go I might regret? Boy, have those words been ringing in my ears! I've combined those words with this recent experience, and I think I'm just going to have to save the money if I want to upgrade the Beloved center stone, rather than selling my way to an upgrade. I do love the pieces I have, and they're precious to me. Letting things go would be a mistake. Thank you for the wisdom.

And @bling_dream19 - I am sending you big hugs and grateful thanks. oxo

Awww mrs-b!!! First things first, I am so, so, so very happy to see you on here. I know that doesn't mean you are doing better by any stretch, but it means *something*. The tiniest start of an ember of hope, perhaps?

I am glad my thoughts were helpful! It means a lot to me that you reached out to share that. If you want to pretend to sell a few of your pieces to test how you really feel, I volunteer! :);-)

And yay for the Leon being on its way back to you!! How fortuitous! May it soothe your soul & warm your heart to have it back and may it delight your eyes once again!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should have this baby by tomorrow. I’m more than a little excited!!

I love the vendor description in the IG post -- but it took me five reads to understand it without the necessary hyphens!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love it @MamaBee I feel like I am always looking for one of those in my size-ish without the bars! How does it look with your ering?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I WANT IT!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it @MamaBee I feel like I am always looking for one of those in my size-ish without the bars! How does it look with your ering?
Thank you @Slickk! I think it will be too thin for my engagement ring. I really thought of wearing it with my emerald cut three stone. I’m going to try it out tomorrow..I saw these kinds of rings before but I really didn’t like them. I saw this one and had to have it.

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize that I didn’t add any info. So I picked this platinum ring up the same day that I bought the brooch!!! I think the stones are .60 each? I don’t know if they are old mine or oec? Anyone care to chime in? Here is a different pic
9E98FF4D-EFDE-440B-8527-74D886C166B4.jpeg

Attachments

• 69598414-712C-4A57-9827-EFFC8F232A9F.jpeg
    69598414-712C-4A57-9827-EFFC8F232A9F.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 6

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala - gorgeous two-stone!

I'd love to see a profile view and more images of the ring, if you feel like taking/sharing more pics of this treasure :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I realize that I didn’t add any info. So I picked this platinum ring up the same day that I bought the brooch!!! I think the stones are .60 each? I don’t know if they are old mine or oec? Anyone care to chime in? Here is a different pic
9E98FF4D-EFDE-440B-8527-74D886C166B4.jpeg

What?! More pics! Maybe in same thread as the brooch!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t believe he bought both of those things and neglected to mention this ring until now lol.

Do you mean me? Lol. I’m a she!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So I am finally getting around to posting pics of my recent purchases. The diamond cross has really been quite the happy surprise!! I love how underneath the diamonds it appears to have a black rhodium giving it a little of a Gothic look. The Florentine diamond ring is just beautiful with the floral edges in white gold and the sparkly single cut diamond. Both from Ebay.
The last ring I have yet to receive. It is from an Etsy seller. I just love two tone jewelry! 20230218_120020.jpg 20230218_120524.jpg

I am still thinking about this band, how scrumptous!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Hi @rainydaze, can I just say that the small bezel ring on your profile is flawlessly done. I am in love with the lines. Just so simple and darling and timeless. I didn't catch the details before. Who did the work, if you don't mind?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results