shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
busy week... impromptu bought a sapphire cuz, dang, that color! An art deco pinky purple amethyst will be heading my way from UK, approved cads for bezel studs from Daniel M, and sending my new aqua off tomorrow to be set. And waiting for THAT email from DK. I think I need an intervention!
20190805_220450.jpg

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Update on my bracelet return to Elizabeth Rose Antiques via Rubylane.

I'm so angry right now. They waited and waited to issue my refund as the market continued to crash in the UK, so I lost another $100 over night bc they couldn't get their act together. So so so angry.
I will never purchase something from overseas in a foreign currency ever again.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this in a pawn shop today, yup a rose cut diamond and I am seriously thinking of going back tomorrow. The clinch is I don't have a car tomorrow so I would have to find a ride or Uber to the pawn shop. Am I totally crazy?

Sorry the pics aren't great the lighting wasn't great either!

IMG_6191.JPG IMG_6192.JPG IMG_6193.JPG

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it really!?!?
: ) I looked at that designer a long time ago ; ) beautiful pieces!

My husband bought it and had it set by a local jeweler when we got engaged in 2009, and it's in its third and final reset. I was really obsessed with a split-shank pave design ten years ago.

I love the emerald in your avatar btw!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some more photos!!! IMG_20190810_124557.jpg IMG_20190810_124518.jpg 20190810_123112.jpg
The necklace is very pretty! I have a friend that bought me acorn earrings because I love acorns! Presents given by friends are so precious!
Your hair is gorgeous btw!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does a new musical instrument count?

Ring setting being halted as I am planning to start learning a new musical instrument very soon!

DK :lol-2:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The necklace is very pretty! I have a friend that bought me acorn earrings because I love acorns! Presents given by friends are so precious!
Your hair is gorgeous btw!

Thank you so much @Mamabean !!! Truly, it was such a wonderful gesture by a dear friend, which brought me a lot of joy ! Bling is always welcome, but when it comes from a person who has no obligation to offer you such an expensive gift and you can feel in your heart that she/he just wanted to see you happy and excited about something, it has so much more value and meaning...:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much @Mamabean !!! Truly, it was such a wonderful gesture by a dear friend, which brought me a lot of joy ! Bling is always welcome, but when it comes from a person who has no obligation to offer you such an expensive gift and you can feel in your heart that she/he just wanted to see you happy and excited about something, it has so much more value and meaning...:love:
I agree...The friend that bought me the acorn earrings goes crazy at Christmas with a bag full of wrapped gifts that she picks up for us all year long. She will buy things to put in my Christmas bag things she sees during the year that she thinks I will like. She does this for two other friends too. It makes her happy for us to enjoy opening everything. Even if we don’t care for what’s in our bag...we will all exclaim and be excited because the look on her face is priceless...

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree...The friend that bought me the acorn earrings goes crazy at Christmas with a bag full of wrapped gifts that she picks up for us all year long. She will buy things to put in my Christmas bag things she sees during the year that she thinks I will like. She does this for two other friends too. It makes her happy for us to enjoy opening everything. Even if we don’t care for what’s in our bag...we will all exclaim and be excited because the look on her face is priceless...

That is so wonderful:love::love::love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found this in a pawn shop today, yup a rose cut diamond and I am seriously thinking of going back tomorrow. The clinch is I don't have a car tomorrow so I would have to find a ride or Uber to the pawn shop. Am I totally crazy?

Sorry the pics aren't great the lighting wasn't great either!

IMG_6191.JPG IMG_6192.JPG IMG_6193.JPG
@StephanieLynn You find the prettiest things...I would love to go on a field trip with you and @nala!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, you are too sweet! I did end up buying the rose cut and shared it in SMTB.

Maybe one of the future GTG for the east coast can be a pawn shop crawl lol!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does a new musical instrument count?

Ring setting being halted as I am planning to start learning a new musical instrument very soon!

DK :lol-2:

Oh, how exciting! Which one?

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
My husband bought it and had it set by a local jeweler when we got engaged in 2009, and it's in its third and final reset. I was really obsessed with a split-shank pave design ten years ago.

I love the emerald in your avatar btw!

: ) I am sitting here smiling at the split-shank pave design, b/c same here! It still has a soft spot in my heart I must say. The smaller yellow diamond ring that I wear almost daily has the same design, same timeframe too : )

Thank you, the emerald avatar falls into the category of Dream Pieces ; )
I'd love to have something like it someday! I'm a bit obsessed with emeralds, I find them soooo captivating with their various shades and depth. Still in search of the perfect everyday emerald studs too, I have green eyes, so that's how I'm totally justifying NEEDING them lol ; )

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
: ) I am sitting here smiling at the split-shank pave design, b/c same here! It still has a soft spot in my heart I must say. The smaller yellow diamond ring that I wear almost daily has the same design, same timeframe too : )

Thank you, the emerald avatar falls into the category of Dream Pieces ; )
I'd love to have something like it someday! I'm a bit obsessed with emeralds, I find them soooo captivating with their various shades and depth. Still in search of the perfect everyday emerald studs too, I have green eyes, so that's how I'm totally justifying NEEDING them lol ; )

Green eyes, you say? Oh my. Yes, you absolutely need emerald studs! :mrgreen2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a few colored stone projects...

From left to right then bottom

1. Was Pear aqua but now pear green tour pendent. With blue zircon halo from Daniel M
2. Currently having my 9ct amethyst set in 18k rose gold
3. DK currently making flower ring with 1.67ct pink tour with pave set 2.0mm orange spess petals
4. Currently having 3 zircon cluster ring in 18k yg

So why the neck am I still looking for projects for my other stones when these four have not been completed yet.;(

Cause I have a fever and the remedy...is more gems! :errrr:
190815_185509_COLLAGE-1.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how exciting! Which one?
Hopefully a Soprano Sax.
I have a clarinet already and tried my hands on it, stopped due to a life changing event in 2008.
I believe a Soprano Sax would suit me better.

DK :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the sides on my 3 stone. Basically the same size, but going from G VS2 and G SI1 to 2 x F VS1. Ahhhhh - better! :)) All stones in that ring will now be F VS.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That other thread about the 1ctw princess cut earrings from Costco, made me realize that I HAD to buy earrings for myself asap:razz:!!!! So today we were out with DH and he offered to get me a pair of 0.70 tcw round cut solitaire diamond earrings from a reputable jeweler here at the place where we are on vacation! :dance:I admit that I would have preferred to choose the diamonds online and according to my own preferences, but he seemed to be so excited and happy that he would be able to buy and offer these earrings to me and have the pleasure of seeing me wearing them immediately, that I couldn't resist agreeing to the purchase !
The diamonds are VS1 clarity and G colour and they look as white as my E colour engagement ring diamond, obviously since they are much smaller! They are very sparkly and they seem like a nice size for my small ear lobes!
As always, my photos are not very good but, hey, I tried!!!! img1565971129719.jpg img1565971094907.jpg img1565971108479.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That other thread about the 1ctw princess cut earrings from Costco, made me realize that I HAD to buy earrings for myself asap:razz:!!!! So today we were out with DH and he offered to get me a pair of 0.70 tcw round cut solitaire diamond earrings from a reputable jeweler here at the place where we are on vacation! :dance:I admit that I would have preferred to choose the diamonds online and according to my own preferences, but he seemed to be so excited and happy that he would be able to buy and offer these earrings to me and have the pleasure of seeing me wearing them immediately, that I couldn't resist agreeing to the purchase !
The diamonds are VS1 clarity and G colour and they look as white as my E colour engagement ring diamond, obviously since they are much smaller! They are very sparkly and they seem like a nice size for my small ear lobes!
As always, my photos are not very good but, hey, I tried!!!! img1565971129719.jpg img1565971094907.jpg img1565971108479.jpg
They’re so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results