shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, another dig on the bank account. The Gesmer ring scheduled to land Tuesday morning in Boston. Good lord, what have I done? My kitchen renovation has just been delayed a year :errrr:

Ooh good luck! I hope it's perfect for you.:kiss2: And remember..Diamonds are forever. Kitchen renovations not so much. 8-)

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
My pre-owned 18k gold & diamond bracelet from eBay is here :)

It's gorgeous! So much more substantial and blingy than I expected. And it's even the perfect length (a little under 6.5") to stack with my Love.

I was so nervous because this was my 1st time buying pre-owned on eBay. And for the price I paid, it makes me never want to pay new retail price on jewelry again, lol.
IMG_20190503_160310875.jpg

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous! So much more substantial and blingy than I expected. And it's even the perfect length (a little under 6.5") to stack with my Love.

I was so nervous because this was my 1st time buying pre-owned on eBay. And for the price I paid, it makes me never want to pay new retail price on jewelry again, lol.

It looks beautiful on you! What a great buy!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to threadjack! For members interested in a Bay Area GTG, I started a thread in the GTG subforum within the Cafe section. I tagged the people who expressed interest here, and anyone else who wants to join us can go to the other thread. =)2

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Well, I pulled the trigger. Grace is travelling this weekend, so she said I could send the rings back to her the middle of next week. I will be sending Gesner the $$$ tomorrow, I'll have the ring by Tuesday or Wed. Then I have 2 days to decide absolutely, 2 weeks if I get a GIA appraiser to take a peek. They are willing to size it before they send it out too.

And, even better, if I decide to keep the Asscher, Grace is willing to make me a new ring at my current size, inside of sizing up a gazillion sizes....so that the 7 diamond spread sits on top of my finger, as opposed to both on top and along the side.

Somehow the jewelry fairy is looking out for me.

But, hmm, did I not bargain hard enough?

So excited for TUES or WED now!!
And that's great news about the Asscher, that way the side stones won't be digging in and irritating you. (If you decide on that one too that is) ; )

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock

What a great look!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another addition to my collection. I need to get it sized though but I love the single cut diamonds around the opal! 20190504_170307.jpg 20190504_165840.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was considering this and I have now pulled the bling trigger because I decided I was in love with them and had to have them! Hopefully will arrive by Monday woohoo!

Sneak peek of my Victorian OMC dangles from the 1880s. Total diamond weight approx 1.77 cts. grading VS clarity H color.

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 3.46.28 PM.png
omcdangles.jpeg.png
victoriandangles.png

Very excited.:appl:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I was considering this and I have now pulled the bling trigger because I decided I was in love with them and had to have them! Hopefully will arrive by Monday woohoo!

Sneak peek of my Victorian OMC dangles from the 1880s. Total diamond weight approx 1.77 cts. grading VS clarity H color.

omcdangles.jpeg.png
victoriandangles.png

Missy, these are super gorgeous!:love:

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock

omcdangles.jpeg.png
victoriandangles.png

@missy these are beautiful! So delicate and I love the antique factor! I've been looking at similar styles actually, but the ones I'm liking are a bit pricey.....

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I got my whiteflash bangle! Unfortunately, it's not the size they said it would be, it's not 2.5 wide. Now it has to go back. My husband felt like they were accusing him of lying. They didn't apologize or offer to send us a new on in exchange. The workmanship is not, imo, good. It's a wonky oval. I'm really hoping we get a refund. Not buying from whiteflash again...

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@missy I love your earrings! They are beautiful and look fantastic on you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

omcdangles.jpeg.png
victoriandangles.png

Beautiful Missy!! :kiss2:

I've been looking forward to seeing what you might have up your sleeve, ever since you posted photos of the last pair of dangles you decided against... and as always you didn't disappoint! They are perfectly sized for your dainty lobes and the diamonds look like little sparklers - perfect match for your personality :cool2::mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, these are super gorgeous!:love:

Thank you @Weeivy73!

@missy these are beautiful! So delicate and I love the antique factor! I've been looking at similar styles actually, but the ones I'm liking are a bit pricey.....

Thank you @EmeraldEmpress. They were over my (self imposed) budget but after a month of not being able to get these out of my mind I had to get them. My DH insisted so that helped my decision too. Despite my having told him back in August I wasn't going to get any more bling because I had upgraded my OEC ER and spent way more than I ever thought I would. But LOL he said to me yesterday he knew my "no bling ever again after Bubbalah" statement wasn't going to last hahaha. :P2 I could not get these earrings out of my mind. What can I say. Thank goodness I married a wise man who is also very generous and loving and super sweet. :kiss:

@missy I love your earrings! They are beautiful and look fantastic on you!

Thank you so much @elizat! I think we have a similar antique aesthetic.:halo:

Beautiful Missy!! :kiss2:

I've been looking forward to seeing what you might have up your sleeve, ever since you posted photos of the last pair of dangles you decided against... and as always you didn't disappoint! They are perfectly sized for your dainty lobes and the diamonds look like little sparklers - perfect match for your personality :cool2::mrgreen2:

Aww thanks so much @yssie. I appreciate your lovely comments. These are very different from any of my other antique earrings. What appeals to me is how simple and delicate they are and the faceting on them is amazing. Very chunky, super clean and so bright. I considered many other pairs but most of them were cluster earrings (and I don't believe they were genuinely from the Victorian era) and I just couldn't stop thinking about these and their unbelievable faceting. One concern that was holding me back is my possible allergy to gold. I am hoping I am not allergic to these sweet earrings. I had my left lobe swollen for a long while and my derm couldn't figure it out and it's not completely back yet to regular size. But I couldn't resist these earrings any longer so fingers crossed.

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I get in certain moods where I’m really into one CS or another. Lately I’ve really been feeling aquamarine. I bought two yesterday from a vendor I found on Instagram. I think CVB has sourced colored stones from him before so I figure I might as well give it a shot. If anything goes wrong, I’ll let PayPal handle it.
Aqua #1
F78F1F7F-B7E6-41A9-8F52-EAF90C72E4DC.jpeg
They look much better in the video than in the screenshot.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSEXd6AWeV/?igshid=imo81x6j27wn
I’m think I’m just going to go full drama with this one and set it like Liz Taylor’s engagement ring. It’s always been my favorite Asscher and unless I win the Powerball, I’ll never have a diamond big enough to set like that.
AAB32E74-5222-4115-9955-8AE9590CC43A.jpeg
Aqua #2
5F0F5315-D888-415E-9861-2F00C5F68493.jpeg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrC_WNhze7/?igshid=11gy935h265op
I had him throw this one in just because. They’re both a bit more gray than I normally like, but I have a bunch of aquas, so I might as well collect the whole color spectrum. No idea on how I’d set this one. It will probably just sit in my To Be Set drawer for a while.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get in certain moods where I’m really into one CS or another. Lately I’ve really been feeling aquamarine. I bought two yesterday from a vendor I found on Instagram. I think CVB has sourced colored stones from him before so I figure I might as well give it a shot. If anything goes wrong, I’ll let PayPal handle it.
Aqua #1
F78F1F7F-B7E6-41A9-8F52-EAF90C72E4DC.jpeg
They look much better in the video than in the screenshot.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSEXd6AWeV/?igshid=imo81x6j27wn
I’m think I’m just going to go full drama with this one and set it like Liz Taylor’s engagement ring. It’s always been my favorite Asscher and unless I win the Powerball, I’ll never have a diamond big enough to set like that.
AAB32E74-5222-4115-9955-8AE9590CC43A.jpeg
Aqua #2
5F0F5315-D888-415E-9861-2F00C5F68493.jpeg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrC_WNhze7/?igshid=11gy935h265op
I had him throw this one in just because. They’re both a bit more gray than I normally like, but I have a bunch of aquas, so I might as well collect the whole color spectrum. No idea on how I’d set this one. It will probably just sit in my To Be Set drawer for a while.

That would be an amazing ring. Drama is right. In all the best possible ways.:love::love::love: Big, beautiful and blue.
Cannot wait to see the two aquamarines you bought yesterday. I love aquamarines.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock

omcdangles.jpeg.png
victoriandangles.png

@missy Gorgeous with a capital G:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Gorgeous with a capital G:love:

Thanks @Luvallgems. Fingers crossed they arrive safely. UPS already sent me an email saying they sorted the package wrong so will be delayed. So much for overnight shipping lol. I think it would shock me if UPS actually ever delivered something on time to me. ::)

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Luvallgems. Fingers crossed they arrive safely. UPS already sent me an email saying they sorted the package wrong so will be delayed. So much for overnight shipping lol. I think it would shock me if UPS actually ever delivered something on time to me. ::)
@missy hopefully on time ( I prefer FEDEX) for my area.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results