shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy hopefully on time ( I prefer FEDEX) for my area.

Thanks @Luvallgems, I didn’t get to choose. It’s the service this antique Jewelry shop uses. Hopefully it will arrive albeit a bit late. I just want it to get to me.
FWIW I’ve had problems with all the package carriers. In the NYC area perhaps they’re just overwhelmed with the sheer volume. Idk because it’s a sad state of affairs when this kind of thing happens too frequently.

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I just picked up my mother’s day gift to myself... a vintage ~18.5 carat super clean tourmaline and diamond ring in platinum and I’m over the moon for it! It’s my absolute favorite peacock blue green color! Here’s comes the photo bomb...
0677E3C7-D94F-4617-8B5E-D38B3F4888B0.jpeg 1DE1E335-E5B4-407D-A8FE-F4AE3FEC8A09.jpeg 928A69A4-DF0D-49E2-B56A-D7794289B77D.jpeg 64139255-A5A7-423E-B06B-515D0504A325.jpeg 36EAA1A0-A0FD-4F58-8650-699800B306BE.jpeg 4FC62D92-3131-4B1A-A436-6FE17704FA6E.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Weeivy73!

Thank you @EmeraldEmpress. They were over my (self imposed) budget but after a month of not being able to get these out of my mind I had to get them. My DH insisted so that helped my decision too. Despite my having told him back in August I wasn't going to get any more bling because I had upgraded my OEC ER and spent way more than I ever thought I would. But LOL he said to me yesterday he knew my "no bling ever again after Bubbalah" statement wasn't going to last hahaha. :P2 I could not get these earrings out of my mind. What can I say. Thank goodness I married a wise man who is also very generous and loving and super sweet. :kiss:

Thank you so much @elizat! I think we have a similar antique aesthetic.:halo:

Aww thanks so much @yssie. I appreciate your lovely comments. These are very different from any of my other antique earrings. What appeals to me is how simple and delicate they are and the faceting on them is amazing. Very chunky, super clean and so bright. I considered many other pairs but most of them were cluster earrings (and I don't believe they were genuinely from the Victorian era) and I just couldn't stop thinking about these and their unbelievable faceting. One concern that was holding me back is my possible allergy to gold. I am hoping I am not allergic to these sweet earrings. I had my left lobe swollen for a long while and my derm couldn't figure it out and it's not completely back yet to regular size. But I couldn't resist these earrings any longer so fingers crossed.
They are beautiful and look gorgeous on you! Much joy to you!:kiss2:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just picked up my mother’s day gift to myself... a vintage ~18.5 carat super clean tourmaline and diamond ring in platinum and I’m over the moon for it! It’s my absolute favorite peacock blue green color! Here’s comes the photo bomb...
0677E3C7-D94F-4617-8B5E-D38B3F4888B0.jpeg 1DE1E335-E5B4-407D-A8FE-F4AE3FEC8A09.jpeg 928A69A4-DF0D-49E2-B56A-D7794289B77D.jpeg 64139255-A5A7-423E-B06B-515D0504A325.jpeg 36EAA1A0-A0FD-4F58-8650-699800B306BE.jpeg 4FC62D92-3131-4B1A-A436-6FE17704FA6E.jpeg
That's amazing!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

THUD!
swooningwithdelightgif.gif

That is an absolutely breathtaking ring. Stunning @Keeliamira. It's like looking into a cool deep blue green sea. :kiss2:
Wishing you a very happy Mother's Day today and the whole year through. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a rock! What a find!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Weeivy73!

Thank you @EmeraldEmpress. They were over my (self imposed) budget but after a month of not being able to get these out of my mind I had to get them. My DH insisted so that helped my decision too. Despite my having told him back in August I wasn't going to get any more bling because I had upgraded my OEC ER and spent way more than I ever thought I would. But LOL he said to me yesterday he knew my "no bling ever again after Bubbalah" statement wasn't going to last hahaha. :P2 I could not get these earrings out of my mind. What can I say. Thank goodness I married a wise man who is also very generous and loving and super sweet. :kiss:

Thank you so much @elizat! I think we have a similar antique aesthetic.:halo:

Aww thanks so much @yssie. I appreciate your lovely comments. These are very different from any of my other antique earrings. What appeals to me is how simple and delicate they are and the faceting on them is amazing. Very chunky, super clean and so bright. I considered many other pairs but most of them were cluster earrings (and I don't believe they were genuinely from the Victorian era) and I just couldn't stop thinking about these and their unbelievable faceting. One concern that was holding me back is my possible allergy to gold. I am hoping I am not allergic to these sweet earrings. I had my left lobe swollen for a long while and my derm couldn't figure it out and it's not completely back yet to regular size. But I couldn't resist these earrings any longer so fingers crossed.

@missy, I'm going to have to search now for a thread on your ER upgrade lol OECs are just so gorgeous. Antique cuts in general are just so lovely. I'm glad you got the earrings, if you can't get something out of your mind you usually know ; ) How wonderful to have a hubby who helps to pull the bling trigger haha! If you don't mind me asking, what price range were the earrings in? My mom is also loving them ; )

Last edited:

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I get in certain moods where I’m really into one CS or another. Lately I’ve really been feeling aquamarine. I bought two yesterday from a vendor I found on Instagram. I think CVB has sourced colored stones from him before so I figure I might as well give it a shot. If anything goes wrong, I’ll let PayPal handle it.
Aqua #1
F78F1F7F-B7E6-41A9-8F52-EAF90C72E4DC.jpeg
They look much better in the video than in the screenshot.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxSEXd6AWeV/?igshid=imo81x6j27wn
I’m think I’m just going to go full drama with this one and set it like Liz Taylor’s engagement ring. It’s always been my favorite Asscher and unless I win the Powerball, I’ll never have a diamond big enough to set like that.
AAB32E74-5222-4115-9955-8AE9590CC43A.jpeg
Aqua #2
5F0F5315-D888-415E-9861-2F00C5F68493.jpeg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrC_WNhze7/?igshid=11gy935h265op
I had him throw this one in just because. They’re both a bit more gray than I normally like, but I have a bunch of aquas, so I might as well collect the whole color spectrum. No idea on how I’d set this one. It will probably just sit in my To Be Set drawer for a while.

LOVE the Liz Taylor-inspired idea! That will be stunning, can't wait to see it set!

EC8

Shiny_Rock
I was considering this and I have now pulled the bling trigger because I decided I was in love with them and had to have them! Hopefully will arrive by Monday woohoo!

Sneak peek of my Victorian OMC dangles from the 1880s. Total diamond weight approx 1.77 cts. grading VS clarity H color.

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 3.46.28 PM.png
omcdangles.jpeg.png
victoriandangles.png

Very excited.:appl:

These are beautiful @missy! Love, love the OMCs and they look the perfect, wear all the time, anywhere, size on you!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was considering this and I have now pulled the bling trigger because I decided I was in love with them and had to have them! Hopefully will arrive by Monday woohoo!

Sneak peek of my Victorian OMC dangles from the 1880s. Total diamond weight approx 1.77 cts. grading VS clarity H color.
WOW WOW WOW!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful @missy! Love, love the OMCs and they look the perfect, wear all the time, anywhere, size on you!

Thank you @EC8! I hope the earrings arrive to me safely. Cmon UPS please don't "lose" them...::)

WOW WOW WOW!! :appl:

Thank you @KristyDarling! When I first saw them I did fall in love with them but I talked myself out of it lol. After a month of so of thinking about them though I knew if they were still available I needed them. That's generally the test with me. If I wait and still want them after some time has passed with of course the risk of the piece I want being already sold. It worked with Bubbalah too. I knew she was the "one" because after all that time I couldn't get her out of my mind. And she was already sold but thank goodness it still worked out with her and hopefully it will work out with these earrings. Fingers crossed.

@missy, I'm going to have to search now for a thread on your ER upgrade lol OECs are just so gorgeous. Antique cuts in general are just so lovely. I'm glad you got the earrings, if you can't get something out of your mind you usually know ; ) How wonderful to have a hubby who helps to pull the bling trigger haha! If you don't mind me asking, what price range were the earrings in? My mom is also loving them ; )

Aww thank you @EmeraldEmpress. Here is my OEC upgrade Bubbalah thread.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...th-joy-and-over-the-moon-in-love-with.242713/

The earrings were above my 5K budget...and truth be told my original "budget" was 4K but I went up to 5K after seeing some other earrings I was thinking about but then decided against those and found these which were over my new budget lol. What I love about these earrings is that they are original and from the Victorian age with no changes/alterations. To me that is special. I just love antique pieces and am at heart a purist. That is not to say I do not own antique pieces that have been altered somewhat but if I have the choice I prefer the "real" deal all the way. One cannot always get exactly what one wants though and sometimes perfect is the enemy of good enough but in this case these earrings were everything I wanted. Though as with Bubbalah it took me some time to realize it. I can be slow at times. :oops2: Anyway hope my delay in deciding doesn't cost me these earrings because instead of getting them in person (like when I first saw them) they are now as you know being mailed and have been delayed. So it's a waiting game. Fingers crossed it works out. Sorry for the long explanation but since you asked I like to be thorough.:bigsmile:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy You got an unbelievable price for those earrings!! A matched pair of true antique OMCs with that color, clarity, and size??? Well done! :clap: Would you be able to share the name of the vendor? :kiss2:

You must start a new thread for those earrings, complete with closeups so we can get a better gawk at these beauties!

joelly

Ideal_Rock

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 3.46.28 PM.png
omcdangles.jpeg.png
victoriandangles.png

Very excited.:appl:

Gorgeous :geek2::geek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy You got an unbelievable price for those earrings!! A matched pair of true antique OMCs with that color, clarity, and size??? Well done! :clap: Would you be able to share the name of the vendor? :kiss2:

You must start a new thread for those earrings, complete with closeups so we can get a better gawk at these beauties!

The earrings have arrived woohoo!!! I’ll start a thread-thanks for your enthusiasm Kristydarling. :kiss2:
Of course I don’t mind sharing the vendor. I’ve shared them on PS before. I love these ladies. Park place antique jewelry. They have the most gorgeous pieces. And name brand vintage too. Cartier, Harry Winston etc

Thank you Joelly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But first I’ll leave you with someone who was quite curious as to what was inside this package. Haha you know what they say about kitties and curiosity.

10CAF89D-7966-4162-B86A-B01B23BF92B5.jpeg

5FD4E54B-2F63-4785-9076-E71B7EB48487.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, your photos of your cat are lovely, granted. But - seriously - until you hook each of those earrings onto an elastic hair tie and slip each one over your kitty's ears, I know you're not really trying.

Please apply yourself.

PS Your earrings are STUNNING. :kiss2: You remain unchallenged as the earrings queen of Pricescope - and there's no joke in that.

PPS Pretty serious about the cat suggestion also.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, your photos of your cat are lovely, granted. But - seriously - until you hook each of those earrings onto an elastic hair tie and slip each one over your kitty's ears, I know you're not really trying.

Please apply yourself.

PS Your earrings are STUNNING. :kiss2: You remain unchallenged as the earrings queen of Pricescope - and there's no joke in that.

PPS Pretty serious about the cat suggestion also.

:lol: @mrs-b I love you. OMG believe me for you I would try. My kitties may look compliant and complacent and docile and sweet and all that jazz but I can assure you they exhibit no such behavior. They are monsters generally. Little monsters I dearly love but monsters nonetheless. They have their own minds and moods and rule our household.:cheeky:

But I love the suggestion and appreciate you thinking I can be master over my kitties. Don't I wish. :sun:

How about this? Will this do (for now)

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 4.08.06 PM.png

:bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: @mrs-b I love you. OMG believe me for you I would try. My kitties may look compliant and complacent and docile and sweet and all that jazz but I can assure you they exhibit no such behavior. They are monsters generally. Little monsters I dearly love but monsters nonetheless. They have their own minds and moods and rule our household.:cheeky:

But I love the suggestion and appreciate you thinking I can be master over my kitties. Don't I wish. :sun:

How about this? Will this do (for now)

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 4.08.06 PM.png

:bigsmile:

Laughing here....

That's a VERY glam look for one sleek looking feline! Of all my attempts, I have ONE photo of my darling dog wearing my troll bead bracelet - and believe me - I tried! So you get a pass on the cat + earrings thingy.

But if ever you decide to light up my life...you know how to do it.... :mrgreen:

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I feel your pain on the skin allergies- same here, have to be so careful. I've had to return pieces before bc of it.

Well, do keep us "posted" haha, on any purchases!

@missy, I was just thinking of this conversation as I was scrolling through today's photos of your lovely Victorian earrings ; ) When your heart is truly set on a piece, it doesn't take long, does it?!?

Lucy-In-The-Sky

Rough_Rock
I couldn't resist this one... bought it and declared it to be a wedding present to myself! It's going to be a fabulously blingy RHR. This thing is huge! With halo, it's 23 x 17 mm.

You may have seen it recently on Caysie's instagram, it was part of her personal collection but she decided needed a new home where it would be worn more often.

Antique marquise/rose cut cluster ring, ~2.75 ctw. Platinum and 18 kt YG.

antique marquis.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Omg it's STUNNING!!!! What a rhr I love it! Such gorgeous shape and style and soo classy! Congratulations :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon! I have been craving a Tiffany fancy yellow with a halo ring too!:love:
Doing my usual Ebay stalking to see if I can find a bargain.. will post if I am successful.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I couldn't resist this one... bought it and declared it to be a wedding present to myself! It's going to be a fabulously blingy RHR. This thing is huge! With halo, it's 23 x 17 mm.

You may have seen it recently on Caysie's instagram, it was part of her personal collection but she decided needed a new home where it would be worn more often.

Antique marquise/rose cut cluster ring, ~2.75 ctw. Platinum and 18 kt YG.

antique marquis.png
This is Devine and huge, in the most amazing way. Congrats and enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results