shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Picked my newest bobble up today. It’s a pinky ring, the diamond is a special momentto. It’s coupled with a 1.56 lilac sapphire. It’s 14k YG with a stone finish.

2B2640D5-2DA1-49AB-B144-B9465F72DBC6.jpeg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LinSF @cflutist @Miss Marple @strawrose

I checked the rules for organizing a GTG and it seems we're not supposed to do it at a specific vendor, so let me message Ella about starting a thread in the GTG subforum to plan a lunch and see where the day takes us. =)2

@Athena10X tagging you because I saw that you were interested in an SF GTG!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190502_151839.jpg 20190502_150840.jpg
It's a keeper! I got both blue and black straps and will get a brown alligator next!
You make me want a tank! Beautiful!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does "This isn't new, I've had this forever and you're only noticing it now?! o_O" work on him?
I’ve tried that; he called me out about different diamonds in my ering. Literally went from a K to an I and he was able to notice. o_O

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have separate bank accounts, but my husband (who didn’t notice I got lip fillers) is able to sniff out new purchases.

ROTFL!!! My DH told me I could upgrade my diamond if I promised to never get lip fillers again! That was a while ago, lol!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROTFL!!! My DH told me I could upgrade my diamond if I promised to never get lip fillers again! That was a while ago, lol!
Omg that’s awesome! It took DH 24 hours to notice the lip fillers, and I had significant bruising (a coworker noticed in 30 sec). He just shook his head (he’s used to my Botox at this point).

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that’s awesome! It took DH 24 hours to notice the lip fillers, and I had significant bruising (a coworker noticed in 30 sec). He just shook his head (he’s used to my Botox at this point).

DH hasn't ever noticed anything but lip filler and especially not jewelry, which is good for me! :twisted2:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH hasn't ever noticed anything but lip filler and especially not jewelry, which is good for me! :twisted2:
You are so lucky; that’s the dream :lol-2:

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Wewechew - love your Love! I went to Cartier in HP a couple of months ago to try them on and could hardly tear myself away. Yours looks lovely.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wewechew - love your Love! I went to Cartier in HP a couple of months ago to try them on and could hardly tear myself away. Yours looks lovely.
Thank you! I had a couple before and sold them to fund something else. Big mistake; huge.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
This has moved really fast. Head spinning. Virgos do not like head spinning.

Owner has come down on price (to $25) and will allow 2 weeks return if I want to have the ring evaluated by an GIA professional. If the stones truly are the grade noted on the site, at that price I am basically getting 1 of the side stones, the baguettes and the setting for free (yay for pre-loved jewelry).

But, any concerns adding 3.5 sizes to a ring with this setting?

I'm beginning to think I should jump on it. God, it would look stunning on my finger. Worst case is I return it.

That’s not a bad price for all of that ring as long as it checks out!

Here is what I’d do- return the ones from Grace you know you don’t want for sure. Get that part off your plate and that money returned. If you may want the asscher, I’d ask for an extension while you decide what to do. Worst she can say is no.

Then, if you are still interested and partial to the Gesner ring over the asscher band, and it’s ok budget wise, look up recommended appraisers near you before you buy it. I’d make sure that they can get you in ASAP so you have plenty of time to make a decision. There are some links on the forum for recommendations. The nice part about this ring is they have had it for a minute, so if you took a bit of time to consider, I don’t think it would fly away. It’s a big purchase.

I’d ask them if they think it can safely be sized. Probably yes I would guess.

I think you can get it situated in a two week window especially if you have the appraiser lined up before.

What are you thinking you’d like to do?

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Well, I pulled the trigger. Grace is travelling this weekend, so she said I could send the rings back to her the middle of next week. I will be sending Gesner the $$$ tomorrow, I'll have the ring by Tuesday or Wed. Then I have 2 days to decide absolutely, 2 weeks if I get a GIA appraiser to take a peek. They are willing to size it before they send it out too.

And, even better, if I decide to keep the Asscher, Grace is willing to make me a new ring at my current size, inside of sizing up a gazillion sizes....so that the 7 diamond spread sits on top of my finger, as opposed to both on top and along the side.

Somehow the jewelry fairy is looking out for me.

But, hmm, did I not bargain hard enough?

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve tried that; he called me out about different diamonds in my ering. Literally went from a K to an I and he was able to notice. o_O

Is he clarity and size sensitive? :twisted2:

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Well, another dig on the bank account. The Gesmer ring scheduled to land Tuesday morning in Boston. Good lord, what have I done? My kitchen renovation has just been delayed a year :errrr:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am out of my mind and have listed my new Jeff White yellow sapphire and diamond 3 stone. I am looking for a slightly larger center in some shape other than round, as ALL my centers on all my rings are round, and I'd like to do something different. To date, it's the most stunning yellow sapphire I've seen, but the 'one more round' just isn't doing it for me.

So it's back to the drawing board.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I totally get that, @mrs-b ! I'm also trying to break away from my "round" habit. I recently found a setting I really like and am looking around for a square cushion or ascher cs for it. I have too many round stones!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I am out of my mind and have listed my new Jeff White yellow sapphire and diamond 3 stone. I am looking for a slightly larger center in some shape other than round, as ALL my centers on all my rings are round, and I'd like to do something different. To date, it's the most stunning yellow sapphire I've seen, but the 'one more round' just isn't doing it for me.

So it's back to the drawing board.

I'm the opposite in that I am trying to talk myself into rounds. HAHA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results