shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I am looking to buy a multigem item and have been eyeing this one from jane taylor jewelry...it's so pretty, but so pricey for semi-precious. I need someone to talk me out of it! (but it's so pretty :shifty:)

Screenshot_20190429_000517.jpg

My aunt was actually wanting a ring very similar, but in colored diamonds. She is hoping to find one in the Caribbean (St. Thomas most likely) when we travel next Spring. Has anyone ever seen something like this in colored diamonds?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have been doing a lot of cruising, Antarctica (trip of a lifetime), New Zealand, and this summer to Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, and the Faroe Islands (Denmark), so jewelry has not been on my mind, with the exception of losing a pink sapphire from a pave eternity band in Antarctica.

However, with the new lower HPD CBI prices, I might be up for an upgrade if the right diamond came along.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My aunt was actually wanting a ring very similar, but in colored diamonds. She is hoping to find one in the Caribbean (St. Thomas most likely) when we travel next Spring. Has anyone ever seen something like this in colored diamonds?
Violet and green diamonds are extremely rare so I can't say that I have. Leibish and DBL carry lots of colored diamonds though.

Please don't shop in the Caribbean, they are very high pressure and prey on cruise passengers. Better to buy locally or from one of the vetted colored stone dealers mentioned on the colored stones board.

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
Colored diamonds rarely have this good of a color naturally (when they do its extremely EXTREMELY expensive, the good green one I saw was 50k for 0.20ct) blue ones in particular tend to be irradiated. If you want more expensive options, I'd suggest go for colored precious stones instead (ruby, emerald, multicolored sapphire, etc...)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to be very careful buying coloured diamonds as many are actually irradiated diamonds which is artificial colour and it does fade over time. For wee gems you unlikely to get individual certificates unless natural and true natural coloured diamonds are very very expensive especially in pink, purple, green and blue. Only yellow and brown are reasonably priced.
Much safer to purchase gems from reputable vendors rather than holiday destinations where they may mislead you and you aren’t going to be able to return for a refund once you get home.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! They are really pretty! It's getting harder to find this style for me at least.

I wish they were about $600 to $800 less. It would still feel like a bit too much, but I could rationalize it due to the original box and hallmarks.

She had another pair recently that were larger center stones and I don't know if they sold or if they just aren't posted yet for sale, but those were really lovely too. No doubt more expensive though. :lol:

You could always make them an offer. Who knows, maybe they have some flexibility on the price.

Alternately, this pair is similar and a lot cheaper at $2,500. If you want the link you can message me via LT so it doesn’t get poached.
upload_2019-4-30_0-3-18.jpeg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should also add that DH & I discussed an upgrade for my ER. Not to trade Uisce in for a larger stone, but to purchase a larger center diamond, and find a friend to match her for earrings. ;)2
That is a distant possibility, much farther into the future.
The fact that he supports the idea is positive. He is even “ok” with a trade up option, if we ever find a stone that moves us more than Uisce. I’m not looking to replace her, so I’m focused on the idea of matching her for earrings, and purchasing a larger EC for my ER.
Everything in due time. I am focused, presently, on my bespoke setting project for my Vintage Cut Asschers.
:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am considering purchasing more dangles but waiting for the right pair plus my ears might have developed an allergy to gold/other metals perhaps so not sure that is the wisest purchase for me. I did find a pair I loved but they made my ears itchy and were a bit over what I wanted to spend. However if they didn't make my ears itchy they'd be mine right now. Hahaha mine as they were old mine cuts. If the right pair comes along at the right price I'm getting them.8)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should also add that DH & I discussed an upgrade for my ER. Not to trade Uisce in for a larger stone, but to purchase a larger center diamond, and find a friend to match her for earrings. ;)2
That is a distant possibility, much farther into the future.
The fact that he supports the idea is positive. He is even “ok” with a trade up option, if we ever find a stone that moves us more than Uisce. I’m not looking to replace her, so I’m focused on the idea of matching her for earrings, and purchasing a larger EC for my ER.
Everything in due time. I am focused, presently, on my bespoke setting project for my Vintage Cut Asschers.
:bigsmile:

OMG I am loving all your potential future projects and thank goodness you are not trading Uisce in for another stone. She is perfect. And yes to finding earrings to match. Your dh is supportive and that is so wonderful. Especially for PSers who get to enjoy all vicariously through you.:bigsmile::appl:

And :love: to your bespoke setting project for your Vintage Cut Asschers.

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
We have been doing a lot of cruising, Antarctica (trip of a lifetime), New Zealand, and this summer to Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, and the Faroe Islands (Denmark), so jewelry has not been on my mind, with the exception of losing a pink sapphire from a pave eternity band in Antarctica.

However, with the new lower HPD CBI prices, I might be up for an upgrade if the right diamond came along.

Sorry to hear about the pink sapphire : (
Crusing is the best combination of excitement and relaxation I feel : )

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Violet and green diamonds are extremely rare so I can't say that I have. Leibish and DBL carry lots of colored diamonds though.

Please don't shop in the Caribbean, they are very high pressure and prey on cruise passengers. Better to buy locally or from one of the vetted colored stone dealers mentioned on the colored stones board.

I actually do enjoy shopping in the Caribbean, being educated of course- that is key when making any large purchase for sure.
I have found that the Caribbean does offer some truly unique pieces, at good values. You do have to be wary of some of the larger "chain" stores, but even then if you find something you like there and have an eye for quality and an understanding of the value, you can still strike a bargain. My aunt came away with some beautiful pieces last time we went.

I myself found this small canary yellow and white diamond ring back in 2010 from a smaller, non-chain store and have never regretted it. It appraised at twice what I paid for it and I get so many compliments on it!
I'm happy with it : ) IMG_20190430_075034153~2.jpg

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Colored diamonds rarely have this good of a color naturally (when they do its extremely EXTREMELY expensive, the good green one I saw was 50k for 0.20ct) blue ones in particular tend to be irradiated. If you want more expensive options, I'd suggest go for colored precious stones instead (ruby, emerald, multicolored sapphire, etc...)

That's what I was afraid of- mainly finding a red and a green diamond.... My aunt has her heart set on it, but I agree colored gems would be more reasonable and just as beautiful I think!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I am considering purchasing more dangles but waiting for the right pair plus my ears might have developed an allergy to gold/other metals perhaps so not sure that is the wisest purchase for me. I did find a pair I loved but they made my ears itchy and were a bit over what I wanted to spend. However if they didn't make my ears itchy they'd be mine right now. Hahaha mine as they were old mine cuts. If the right pair comes along at the right price I'm getting them.8)

I feel your pain on the skin allergies- same here, have to be so careful. I've had to return pieces before bc of it.

Well, do keep us "posted" haha, on any purchases!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
OMG I am loving all your potential future projects and thank goodness you are not trading Uisce in for another stone. She is perfect. And yes to finding earrings to match. Your dh is supportive and that is so wonderful. Especially for PSers who get to enjoy all vicariously through you.:bigsmile::appl:

And :love: to your bespoke setting project for your Vintage Cut Asschers.

Couldn't agree more!!!
Would you mind posting a photo of Uisce? ; ) ; )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results