shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
You could always make them an offer. Who knows, maybe they have some flexibility on the price.

Alternately, this pair is similar and a lot cheaper at $2,500. If you want the link you can message me via LT so it doesn’t get poached.
upload_2019-4-30_0-3-18.jpeg
Lol. I have that pair saved as a favorite too.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I was having a rough day at work on Monday and so I took a trip down the street to Langs Antiques for the first time ever... holy moly... so many things I wanted to buy! I'm still contemplating my next purchase, but MAN did that make my day! There were some beautiful French cuts there, both square and elongated.

I cant believe I've worked so close to that gorgeousness all these years!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
LOVE Octavias!!! What are the details??
I have plans for an Octavia, as well. My collection won’t be complete without one!!!

1.22 ct. My finger size is 5.5. The stone is 6mm x 6mm. Is it going to give me a good finger coverage? Even if it not, the cut alone should compensate for that. Do you think he will cut more Octavias in the future? I can wait for a bigger one, should I though? Decision...decision... what do you think? I feel like this one would be my forever diamond....

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.22 ct. My finger size is 5.5. The stone is 6mm x 6mm. Is it going to give me a good finger coverage? Even if it not, the cut alone should compensate for that. Do you think he will cut more Octavias in the future? I can wait for a bigger one, should I though? Decision...decision... what do you think? I feel like this one would be my forever diamond....

Yoram & Karl_K are the birth parents of the Octavia. I can’t imagine the Octavia will ever disappear.
I hope larger sizes will be cut, in the future. I also hope the smaller sizes will be cut, as well. They are so beautiful, and should be available in all sizes for all to enjoy, in any way they choose!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Cartier Tank Solo watch will arrive tomorrow. This is supposed to be my final 2019 purchase! :roll2:

Congrats! The tank is a beautiful classic.
Though we have 7 months left of the year so how are you going to be so disciplined and not purchase any more bling? ;(

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I just got the whiteflash by the yard bracelet. It's nice and casual, but the diamonds are constantly flipping over. So I was thinking of getting a 2 carat bangle to compliment it. I go back and forth between 2 and 2.5 carats.

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Well, I won't be keeping all of them. I am thinking I like the asscher band, the dual band (which is cheap) and the oval ring. Not as crazy about the 3 stone.

Thoughts?

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Well, I won't be keeping all of them. I am thinking I like the asscher band, the dual band (which is cheap) and the oval ring. Not as crazy about the 3 stone.

Thoughts?

Lol, I was going to respond to your pic to say I adore the three stone! It's my favorite of them. So pretty.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Thoughts?
Of all of them, I like the asscher band. I’m not in love with the emerald cut three stone for some reason.

Do you have a link for the rings on Grace’s site? I kind of want to see the three stone closer. Maybe it’s just that photo.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TechieTechie My preference is the Asscher band and oval. That band is a nice expanse of white sparkles on your hand.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
What are the chances?! The emerald cut three stone is my ring... it's super flashy and beautiful in real life. The center is reflecting the phone/camera case color in the photos. It would be om my finger still, but its time for it to grace someone else's finger and life. =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thoughts?

Love the oval but cannot make out the center facets so just responding to the overall ring which is lovely.

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
What are the chances?! The emerald cut three stone is my ring... it's super flashy and beautiful in real life. The center is reflecting the phone/camera case color in the photos. It would be om my finger still, but its time for it to grace someone else's finger and life. =)2

Hi Lin, you are right, it's a beautiful set of stones. However, with my very fat fingers, once it's resized, it will provide limited finger coverage....so I'd have to add 2 small stones on the outside of the setting. So I'm not sure it's the right ring for me (at least in the short term).

I love the Asscher and the dual band ring. However, the asscher may need a full reset because it has to go up many sizes (I'm a 9.5 or 10)...but it's incredibly sparkly and easy to wear (and a very good deal IMHO). And I love the dual band as an everyday ring, it's just so cool.

Then the question is then, do I stop there (which I probably should) or do I keep either the oval or 3 stone (both are similar price points). I like the 3 stone, but it would need to get modified as noted above..and the oval may not be an everyday ring (and I'm looking for everyday) plus it faces up a bit yellow in daylight (not surprising, given the stone grading)..but it gives great coverage and is chunky sparkly too (tho not as fiery as the asscher).

Here are the original grace listings. I have 1 more band which I hate, so I didn't even bother to take pics. I have the requisite 3 days, so by Saturday, some of these are going back. Trying to upload video but Vimeo is being stubborn.

https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/4-37ctw-antique-cushion-cut-cluster-ring
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/2-50ctw-emerald-cut-diamond-3-stone-ring-gia-e-vs1
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/2-82ctw-asscher-cut-diamond-band
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-00ctw-vintage-double-row-baguette-and-diamond-band

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lin, you are right, it's a beautiful set of stones. However, with my very fat fingers, once it's resized, it will provide limited finger coverage....so I'd have to add 2 small stones on the outside of the setting. So I'm not sure it's the right ring for me (at least in the short term).

I love the Asscher and the dual band ring. However, the asscher may need a full reset because it has to go up many sizes (I'm a 9.5 or 10)...but it's incredibly sparkly and easy to wear (and a very good deal IMHO). And I love the dual band as an everyday ring, it's just so cool.

Then the question is then, do I stop there (which I probably should) or do I keep either the oval or 3 stone (both are similar price points). I like the 3 stone, but it would need to get modified as noted above..and the oval may not be an everyday ring (and I'm looking for everyday) plus it faces up a bit yellow in daylight (not surprising, given the stone grading)..but it gives great coverage and is chunky sparkly too (tho not as fiery as the asscher).

Here are the original grace listings. I have 1 more band which I hate, so I didn't even bother to take pics. I have the requisite 3 days, so by Saturday, some of these are going back. Trying to upload video but Vimeo is being stubborn.

https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/4-37ctw-antique-cushion-cut-cluster-ring
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/2-50ctw-emerald-cut-diamond-3-stone-ring-gia-e-vs1
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/2-82ctw-asscher-cut-diamond-band
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/1-00ctw-vintage-double-row-baguette-and-diamond-band

okay, now that I see the links I think that the 4.37 cluster is beautiful. I take less than flattering jewelry pics too.

I see that one on your hand now. I think it gives you really good coverage. The stone is lovely and the setting is really pretty. Now that I see the ring close up, I really like that one. Can you take a shot of just that one on your hand maybe, with the band(s) you like?

The emerald three stone is beautiful in Grace's listing, but if you think you'll need to modify it and add stones, I would probably pass. That's not to deter another PSers ring sale, but if you have to change it and add stones for the coverage you want, it may not be the right one for you, even though it is beautiful.

Do you like the 4.37 cluster? It is beautiful in photos.

I remember a poster talked about Gesner Estate Jewelers. I think it is @Cali-ohsomethingshiny .

I remembered it because i'm in Tampa and the store is too- I have been there before as well for repairs. They have a beautiful emerald cut three stone that is 5 carats plus and I recall that she said that the owner would discount it more. Now, I don't know what the budget is or if you want to just stick with Grace, but this is a lovely ring:

https://www.gesner.com/emerald-cut-...state-engagement-fashion-ring-5-40ct-t-w.html

Given the size, I think it would give you more finger coverage than Grace's three stone. Just throwing it out there.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oval cluster and Ascher band are my favorites!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That cluster is delicious @TechieTechie and I think it looks amazing on you. Those chunky facets are just yummy. :love:
Definitely my favorite on you. And I like the asscher band on you too.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That cluster is delicious @TechieTechie and I think it looks amazing on you. Those chunky facets are just yummy. :love:
Definitely my favorite on you. And I like the asscher band on you too.
I agree on both. The video really was helpful. @missy is on the money!

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
I remember a poster talked about Gesner Estate Jewelers. I think it is @Cali-ohsomethingshiny .

I remembered it because i'm in Tampa and the store is too- I have been there before as well for repairs. They have a beautiful emerald cut three stone that is 5 carats plus and I recall that she said that the owner would discount it more. Now, I don't know what the budget is or if you want to just stick with Grace, but this is a lovely ring:

https://www.gesner.com/emerald-cut-...state-engagement-fashion-ring-5-40ct-t-w.html

Given the size, I think it would give you more finger coverage than Grace's three stone. Just throwing it out there.

Thank you for the link...it is gorgeous. But I don't think they would go love enough to fit into my budget. I will call tho. If I purchased this, it would mean no asscher (and I really like the Asscher, tho a friend of mine insists it looks like a wedding band...and I am not a member of that club yet.)

The oval ring I'm on the fence about. I'm wondering if it's a little too 'cocktail ring' for everyday wear. Although it does sparkle, in specific indoor lighting (particularly heavy overheads) it can look a little glassy and fuzzy, for lack of a better term. But in my house, which has more natural lighting and lamps, it's much more sparkly. I don't know if this 'glassy' is common in bigger stones, in OEM cuts, poor cut angles or simply a function of lighting. And, in broad daylight, it does have a slightly yellow tint which is a bit annoying...but inside it is much better (tho not as white as the Asscher).

I have one of those floroboroscopes here (I forget what they are called, they give you an ASET type red/green pic)....I will try to do that tonight on the oval ring.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results