shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5588F0BD-0A03-4C35-A095-A1F7EFA231A3.jpeg
I found this princess halo for a steal (it sparkles like crazy) and purchased this 2 mm rose gold band to wear with it. I’m thinking about purchasing a second band to wear on the other side.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I’m working on a bracelet and have a ring (maybe 2 ) to repurpose for it. I know I’m missing some smaller antique diamonds and would usually be happy to browse estate/preloved jewelry to find them...I’m pretty patient. But everything is closed so I can’t ’hunt’ the way I usually like. I’m still talking to the jeweler next week and will consider letting him source the missing diamonds though it will be less fun for me. It’s supposed to be for my birthday in July but I feel like I need something sparkly going on now, lol.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm waiting on 2 projects. One is a bypass from Jasmine Jade Boutique using these luscious pears I got from Brad at the Gem Trader. Her bench is open so I should be receiving it in the next month.

The other is an Emerald number that Sako is designing. No idea on ETA. Waiting on the latest CADs and trying to decide if we french cut the Emeralds or leave them alone.
IMG_20200226_175449_858.jpg
IMG_20200225_080434_122.jpg

And I'm on the perpetual look out for a baguette cut channel set band.

arhzay

Rough_Rock
I’m currently working on a reset of my 0.64 E VS1 CBI diamond. The shank will be my plain platinum 2mm wedding band with a 4 claw head. No pictures to post yet as I’m still talks with the vendor

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
My 'new' 1910 Edwardian navette ring.
I'm going to call it my Twilight Ring, bc it seems to sparkle all over and truly reminds me of Bella Swan's engagement ring from Edward in the movie <3

Screenshot_20200411-192713~2.png

Screenshot_20200409-231142.png
(Photos on model's hand)

Screenshot_20200408-123716~2.png
(Bella's ring)

Screenshot_20200408-123549~2.png

Last edited:

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I have one more layaway payment coming up, then this lady will be mine. 8) I found her on IG/Etsy. She's a Victorian conversion ring with 1.6 carats of OMCs, I through L color (exactly my sweet spot in terms of color). The hand in the third pic is the seller's.

This will likely be my only bling purchase in 2020 since our income has taken a massive, sphincter-clenching hit. If I had known there was going to be a global pandemic I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on this, but I guess she'll be my "souvenir" from this crazy and historic time.

Horseshoe ring 1.jpg Horseshoe ring 2.jpg Horseshoe ring 3.jpg

I think she'll be good luck for you, that was my very first thought!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky enough to grab the 1.7 carat J August Vintage European Round that Starfacet listed on preloved jewels. I also bought a matching 1.7 carat J from the August Vintage website. I'll be making a set of studs!

(It's not an ideal time to buy and I had a lot of guilt over this purchase, but I was looking at studs for a while and wanted to jump on Starfacet's sale while it was still available!).

Wow! That is amazing luck! And her stone was dirt cheap too. I would have jumped on it too.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm waiting on 2 projects. One is a bypass from Jasmine Jade Boutique using these luscious pears I got from Brad at the Gem Trader. Her bench is open so I should be receiving it in the next month.
image.jpg

The other is an Emerald number that Sako is designing. No idea on ETA. Waiting on the latest CADs and trying to decide if we french cut the Emeralds or leave them alone.
IMG_20200226_175449_858.jpg
IMG_20200225_080434_122.jpg

And I'm on the perpetual look out for a baguette cut channel set band.

Oh my goodness! You said you were working w Sako on something, but **GIRL** that is fab! I kind of like the emeralds like they are, different cut then the diamonds. Can't wait to see the final result!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala - would you mind sharing the stats of the stones in your sapphire 3 stone? I love the proportions. Many thanks!

Omg. I’ve been meaning to reply to you but I misplaced my calipers! I want to say tho, that the center stone is a 6.4 mm and the sides are 4.3 mm. But I will keep hunting for them so i can give you an exact number!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky enough to grab the 1.7 carat J August Vintage European Round that Starfacet listed on preloved jewels. I also bought a matching 1.7 carat J from the August Vintage website. I'll be making a set of studs!

(It's not an ideal time to buy and I had a lot of guilt over this purchase, but I was looking at studs for a while and wanted to jump on Starfacet's sale while it was still available!).

AVR studs in that size sound amazing! How are you setting them?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg. I’ve been meaning to reply to you but I misplaced my calipers! I want to say tho, that the center stone is a 6.4 mm and the sides are 4.3 mm. But I will keep hunting for them so i can give you an exact number!

Thank you so much, @nala - I think the proportions are perfect and would love to copy those sizes in a 3 stone ring of my own. Super elegant!

Any extra info is very appreciated!

t86

Shiny_Rock
AVR studs in that size sound amazing! How are you setting them?

Not sure yet! I will take some photos and write a new post seeking input! And I need jackets for extra sparkle and size!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought this, the stones are lab but if they end up being this color IRL then I will be thrilled

IMG_8137.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
I’ve been looking for a second wedding band to swap between (typical, I don’t even have my actual wedding band yet but that will be plain yellow gold) and LOVED the look of these baguettes with the solitaire (more or less my exact e-ring).

I slightly regretted not getting an emerald cut e-ring but this is the best of both worlds!

B2CCB2B8-FB1C-4F4E-A307-0DA3863AAB46.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be on a band kick lately. Couldn't pass up this platinum French cut sapphire eternity band that popped up on IG today.

I already have a sapphire baguette eternity so assuming this new one is all good, I'll sell the other one,

IMG_8187.jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I must be on a band kick lately. Couldn't pass up this platinum French cut sapphire eternity band that popped up on IG today.

I already have a sapphire baguette eternity so assuming this new one is all good, I'll sell the other one,

IMG_8187.jpg
Where’d you find this gem? So pretty!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@caf, thanks so much, it was my size which is an 8, hard to find eternity rings in the bigger sizes.

Here is where I bought it from:

Reactions: caf

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
DB60F63F-CDE7-42DB-B002-A69C63FC64CB.jpeg 06C5F9BF-C1D6-4DB8-9389-1128EEB28CD5.jpeg

These are vendor photos from Ivy and Rose, but she’s mine. It’s a newly made platinum Art Deco bandolier style ring (think that’s the right term bandolier). The melee is VS/G. Sure the sapphires are heated, which is my preference. That deep, inky color is just about impossible to get without heat. The center Stone is .7 carat and the calibre is .8 carat & like a good Art Deco piece, it’s smooth & flush on top, no prongs, which would be great for my lifestyle.

D312DED2-3323-4CC6-9DE7-00BBAC459E41.jpeg

It’s a full 8 grams of platinum, beefy and solid. I’ll pair with my platnium eternity band, with a small U/bent band spacer. That said, I am not sure when I’ll see her as she needs to be sized before shipping and I’m not sure what Ivy and Rose can do at the moment.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
DB60F63F-CDE7-42DB-B002-A69C63FC64CB.jpeg 06C5F9BF-C1D6-4DB8-9389-1128EEB28CD5.jpeg

These are vendor photos from Ivy and Rose, but she’s mine. It’s a newly made platinum Art Deco bandolier style ring (think that’s the right term bandolier). The melee is VS/G. Sure the sapphires are heated, which is my preference. That deep, inky color is just about impossible to get without heat. The center Stone is .7 carat and the calibre is .8 carat & like a good Art Deco piece, it’s smooth & flush on top, no prongs, which would be great for my lifestyle.

D312DED2-3323-4CC6-9DE7-00BBAC459E41.jpeg

It’s a full 8 grams of platinum, beefy and solid. I’ll pair with my platnium eternity band, with a small U/bent band spacer. That said, I am not sure when I’ll see her as she needs to be sized before shipping and I’m not sure what Ivy and Rose can do at the moment.

Nice!! I love EVERYTHING about this! Please come back and share photos when you get it!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Stay at Home impulse buy (also known as Too much Online shopping), bought these cute little buttercup studs with transitional diamonds:
20200420_115524.jpg

OMG I love them. I am having the worst time with earrings. I am rather lazy about wearing them and now they just irritate my ears. Sigh. So you'll have to wear these for us both!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
OMG I love them. I am having the worst time with earrings. I am rather lazy about wearing them and now they just irritate my ears. Sigh. So you'll have to wear these for us both!

@CSpan I've gone through periods where some earrings caused irritation. ( Fortunately doesn't last long). I love earrings, wear them every day. I tend to like smaller studs, and these looked so cute!
Now, I am absolutely , for sure, done buying for awhile. I just bought this french cut sapphire eternity today. I am feeling some guilt, but I HAD too! It was just too perfect.
I'm on a total ban after this !
20200421_011425.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo depressing! A few weeks ago I misplaced my 12-13mm AAA South Sea pearl studs from Pearl Paradise. I *think* I might have left them on a plane - so no getting them back now.

The upside, however, if there can be an upside to this, is that PP is currently holding a 25% off sale, so I nipped in there and bought another pair straight away, which arrived today. I also went down a trifle, as, at 12.5mm, I felt the last ones were just a tad too large. So these ones are close to 11.5mm and a bit more wearable. I also have a pair of natural white 9.4mm hanadamas, which I love, but the size difference is very noticeable, without being overpowering.

My setting for my new EC is no closer to being done. The diamond cutter is in NY, and I'm not even sure if he's cutting right now. If not, it will be months till this setting is done and, since I first asked Alex to set aside my diamond at the beginning of the year, this could be a very long process indeed. Very frustrating.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I purchased an engraved band from Edwards and Davies--an Etsy vendor--back in February and got delivery yesterday. It's very pretty and delicate. I eventually want a diamond full eternity, but this is really nice band to tide me over for now. I have two other bands that I've been wearing. One is a half eternity double row diamond pave band and the other one is a cheap carved band with a small sizing bar that is narrower than the main part of the band.. Both bands spin constantly and exposed the undersides, which drove me crazy. I got really sick of seeing bare metal and that annoying sizing bar, so I decided to make this move. The fit is perfect, the carving very delicate and the band sits nice and flush with my ER. And best of all, it can spin all it wants--I always see perfection. I'm very happy with it.

Carved Band 1.jpg Carved Band 3.jpg Carved Band 4.jpg

Attachments

• Carved Band 2.jpg
    Carved Band 2.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 24

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo depressing! A few weeks ago I misplaced my 12-13mm AAA South Sea pearl studs from Pearl Paradise. I *think* I might have left them on a plane - so no getting them back now.

The upside, however, if there can be an upside to this, is that PP is currently holding a 25% off sale, so I nipped in there and bought another pair straight away, which arrived today. I also went down a trifle, as, at 12.5mm, I felt the last ones were just a tad too large. So these ones are close to 11.5mm and a bit more wearable. I also have a pair of natural white 9.4mm hanadamas, which I love, but the size difference is very noticeable, without being overpowering.

My setting for my new EC is no closer to being done. The diamond cutter is in NY, and I'm not even sure if he's cutting right now. If not, it will be months till this setting is done and, since I first asked Alex to set aside my diamond at the beginning of the year, this could be a very long process indeed. Very frustrating.

Oy sorry for all the bling related frustrations! I’m also in the land of waiting for benches to open to finish projects lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results