shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Finally, my 2.46 K VS1 in a six prong french cut setting by CVB. She reflects EVERYTHING, including my black phone case, so I'll need to rectify that soon!
IMG_1643.jpg

Beautiful! She deserves an individual thread!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you thank you! I've had her for about a week and am over the moon. Aussie PS meet up definitely on the cards!

I'm terrible at organising but we should do it! I'll be up in the sunny coast in July though.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I'm finally home with my new ring from IVY New York! Good news: the stones definitely don't black out, it's extremely sparkly, and it fits without resizing! I had never seen spinels closely in person before and these sparkle a lot more than the sapphires and tourmalines I've seen do. Bad news: it's definitely quite grey, I would have called them a blue-ish grey rather than blue. I was expecting that but was hoping for bluer. It'll be worn a lot, though, because it's extremely comfortable, it will match a lot of my clothes, and the black rhodium and smaller size makes it feel kind of casual to me. I still think it was a great deal for $1610 shipped, especially considering the quality of the setting.

Specs: 1.61 carats of spinels and 0.15 carats of diamonds -- which I believe now seeing how delicate the pave is in person!

Onwards to photos! The last one is comparing the pave between this ring, my hand-forged RDG tourmaline ring, and my CvB ring in case that's helpful to anyone else considering a purchase from IVY. Please excuse the cat hairs, smudges, and unmanicured nails.

1714582310813.png
1714582327159.png
1714582339127.png
1714582359285.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand why you were hoping for more blue, but I love the grey @newtojewels . It fits so perfectly with your other pieces, and I can absolutely see this as such a versatile piece.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
@newtojewels I love your new ring!! Like Dreamer_D I like the grayish blue. I do understand that you wanted a more true blue. The pave looks nice. It's nice that you don't have to have it sized. It's a beautiful ring at an amazing price!!! Very happy for you! Welcome home!!!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I understand why you were hoping for more blue, but I love the grey @newtojewels . It fits so perfectly with your other pieces, and I can absolutely see this as such a versatile piece.

@newtojewels I love your new ring!! Like Dreamer_D I like the grayish blue. I do understand that you wanted a more true blue. The pave looks nice. It's nice that you don't have to have it sized. It's a beautiful ring at an amazing price!!! Very happy for you! Welcome home!!!

Thank you both! I like the color too and really do think it will get a lot of wear -- plus, grey goes with everything! I think if it had been advertised as "grey" there would have been no issues around the color in my mind so I'll just switch it to "grey" and we're good! It's interesting to me that this exact same ring with spinels that are called "grey" is triple the price of the one I got. I wonder how different they look in person (but not enough to order the more expensive one!).

I forgot to take a photo with the cat!

The photo my partner "helpfully" sent me:
1714589679001.png

And mine:
1714589733529.png
1714589845789.png

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
Another really good steal I found today. 10k white gold, 1 carat. Original price $1k… I paid $125. I get lucky sometimes. It sat on Clearance at higher prices but the last price slash was basically to just get rid of it. I’m sure the stones are all included to some degree but they sparkle , and for that price. It was getting added to my collection.
IMG_0004.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm finally home with my new ring from IVY New York! Good news: the stones definitely don't black out, it's extremely sparkly, and it fits without resizing! I had never seen spinels closely in person before and these sparkle a lot more than the sapphires and tourmalines I've seen do. Bad news: it's definitely quite grey, I would have called them a blue-ish grey rather than blue. I was expecting that but was hoping for bluer. It'll be worn a lot, though, because it's extremely comfortable, it will match a lot of my clothes, and the black rhodium and smaller size makes it feel kind of casual to me. I still think it was a great deal for $1610 shipped, especially considering the quality of the setting.

Specs: 1.61 carats of spinels and 0.15 carats of diamonds -- which I believe now seeing how delicate the pave is in person!

Onwards to photos! The last one is comparing the pave between this ring, my hand-forged RDG tourmaline ring, and my CvB ring in case that's helpful to anyone else considering a purchase from IVY. Please excuse the cat hairs, smudges, and unmanicured nails.

1714582310813.png
1714582327159.png
1714582339127.png
1714582359285.png

I love this. It’s very moody & different.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a Victorian bangle that I’d had my eye on for a long time and I’m so glad it waited for me. Diamonds are rose cuts. I can’t resist a pearl and diamond daisy!

IMG_5838.jpeg

Omg more pics please!!!!! My sister has wanted a pearl bangle since forever!!!

Another really good steal I found today. 10k white gold, 1 carat. Original price $1k… I paid $125. I get lucky sometimes. It sat on Clearance at higher prices but the last price slash was basically to just get rid of it. I’m sure the stones are all included to some degree but they sparkle , and for that price. It was getting added to my collection.
IMG_0004.jpeg

This is an INSANE deal! I’m super impressed at the price you got!

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Thank you both! I like the color too and really do think it will get a lot of wear -- plus, grey goes with everything! I think if it had been advertised as "grey" there would have been no issues around the color in my mind so I'll just switch it to "grey" and we're good! It's interesting to me that this exact same ring with spinels that are called "grey" is triple the price of the one I got. I wonder how different they look in person (but not enough to order the more expensive one!).

1714589679001.png

And mine:
1714589733529.png
1714589845789.png

I was going to say, a gray spinel ring I’ve looked at quite a few times is way expensive, which is why I haven’t pulled the trigger. I think your ring is stunning!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

1714589679001.png

And mine:
1714589733529.png
1714589845789.png

I have to say, I love this ring and I love the grey. The detail is impeccable. Sophisticated. I wish it was mine. I'll take the cat, too.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

1714589679001.png

And mine:
1714589733529.png
1714589845789.png

It is really pretty and it fits well with your tourmaline ring in that it's a similar style! Love the cute kitty too :)

Neptune

Ideal_Rock

1714582310813.png
1714582327159.png
1714582339127.png
1714582359285.png

L
O
V
E
!
!
!

Dare I say that I adore the craftsmanship of this spinel ring more than that of your 2-stone!?

He does delicate well!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
L
O
V
E
!
!
!

Dare I say that I adore the craftsmanship of this spinel ring more than that of your 2-stone!?

He does delicate well!

RDG wasn't known for pave but there's definitely less visible metal on the IVY - that's why I wanted to show the comparison! Unfortunately I don't have any VC or Leon - yet. Obviously we all know there are things besides metal visibility that go into a well-made setting, but it looks high quality to me at least in all aspects. I'm thrilled with it, especially for the price! Definitely going to keep him in mind for future purchases.

tomato

Shiny_Rock
I visited a very high end mall to drop off something for repair yesterday. There’s a LOT of jewelry stores there including Harry Winston, Graff, Chopard, Cartier, David Yurman… you get the idea.

The salesperson told me I had to check out the new Bulgari store that just opened. It was the most beautiful store I’ve ever seen outside of Harrods and I would’ve taken most of their collection home! The saleswoman was so nice, we had a good time chatting and I checked out their jewelry. A waiter in a white coat even appeared to offer champagne. :kiss2:

There were a few pieces that were right up my alley but I’m focused on saving up for and finding the right bracelet for me. It might be too blingy and I’d have to save longer, but the fiorever clover-shaped ruby & diamond bracelet is calling to me:

IMG_8789.jpeg
I’m also in a red phase and they have some lovely carnelian pieces like this diva necklace:
IMG_8788.jpeg
I didn’t try anything on to resist temptation but I may go back when I’m feeling stronger! :lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1714582310813.png
1714582327159.png
1714582339127.png
1714582359285.png

This is GORGEOUS, @newtojewels! I dont suppose you'd indulge me with a group shot of your favorite rings on one hand, would you?

I love the fit of your new ring - its proportions are perfect for your hand, and I love the way it curves around your finger. And I love blue-grey spinels!

Just a fabulous pick-up right across the board! A real signature piece, in my opinion.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
This is GORGEOUS, @newtojewels! I dont suppose you'd indulge me with a group shot of your favorite rings on one hand, would you?

I love the fit of your new ring - its proportions are perfect for your hand, and I love the way it curves around your finger. And I love blue-grey spinels!

Just a fabulous pick-up right across the board! A real signature piece, in my opinion.

You're so kind!

I posted this photo earlier to the "show me your ring family on one hand" post. This is everything I own (so far!) https://www.pricescope.com/communit...r-ring-family-on-one-hand.248029/post-5331843

1714920282213.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this photo earlier to the "show me your ring family on one hand" post. This is everything I own (so far!) https://www.pricescope.com/communit...r-ring-family-on-one-hand.248029/post-5331843

1714920282213.png

You have excellent taste and this is a lovely collection!

But tell me, in the post you made on Wednesday, 4th photo down - the one above the video - there is a side shot of *another* ring with pave up the side of the basket. What is *that* stunner??

@newtojewels - seriously - your elegant collection is both mighty and inspirational!

You also have perfect hands and wrists for showing off jewelry - a fact for which I'm trying to forgive you. <sigh>

:mrgreen:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

But tell me, in the post you made on Wednesday, 4th photo down - the one above the video - there is a side shot of *another* ring with pave up the side of the basket. What is *that* stunner??

@newtojewels - seriously - your elegant collection is both mighty and inspirational!

You also have perfect hands and wrists for showing off jewelry - a fact for which I'm trying to forgive you. <sigh>

That’s the one I’m curious about as well! The side view of that one ring. Must see!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock

That’s the one I’m curious about as well! The side view of that one ring. Must see!

Do you mean the opal ring by CvB? https://www.pricescope.com/communit...opal-ring-courtesy-of-ps.282501/#post-5322155

edit: and that's kind of you to say about my hands! I've said this before elsewhere but I've always been really self-conscious about them because they're quite big. I can span an octave and two notes on the piano, for example. But I'm learning that bigger hands just means more room for rings!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean the opal ring by CvB? https://www.pricescope.com/communit...opal-ring-courtesy-of-ps.282501/#post-5322155

edit: and that's kind of you to say about my hands! I've said this before elsewhere but I've always been really self-conscious about them because they're quite big. I can span an octave and two notes on the piano, for example. But I'm learning that bigger hands just means more room for rings!

Yes - STUNNING. And it's good to have nice long fingers like you have; just like you said more room for rings and stacking :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the anniversary ring I'm currently working on with DKJ. 40th anniversary is in less than 4 months, then this will go on my finger with my Leon anniversary eternity, which my DH gave me for our 25th anniversary! So it will be my platinum, anniversary set. It's not a large ring - center stone is 1.09 and the sides are 40 each, so, together, it comes to 1.9 exactly, by the time you add all the extra bits of points into the ctw. But it will still give nice stretch across the finger, and the proportions together should be beautiful. This, for most of my younger life, was my dream ring - this style, this size. I never thought I'd have a ring like this growing up. Many years later, after joining PS, I had a version very close to this, but the center stone was a K color and it was 6.4mm - so, a little smaller. The sides were the same proportions, but J in color and it was in yellow gold.

So this will be the realization of a girlhood dream. Bit like my DH, really. <3

This is the CAD:

DK 102406-QUAD-6.png

And this is the one I had a while back that didn't *quite* scratch the itch for quality:

WF triple with pears_3.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This is the anniversary ring I'm currently working on with DKJ. 40th anniversary is in less than 4 months, then this will go on my finger with my Leon anniversary eternity, which my DH gave me for our 25th anniversary! So it will be my platinum, anniversary set. It's not a large ring - center stone is 1.09 and the sides are 40 each, so, together, it comes to 1.9 exactly, by the time you add all the extra bits of points into the ctw. But it will still give nice stretch across the finger, and the proportions together should be beautiful. This, for most of my younger life, was my dream ring - this style, this size. I never thought I'd have a ring like this growing up. Many years later, after joining PS, I had a version very close to this, but the center stone was a K color and it was 6.4mm - so, a little smaller. The sides were the same proportions, but J in color and it was in yellow gold.

So this will be the realization of a girlhood dream. Bit like my DH, really. <3

This is the CAD:

DK 102406-QUAD-6.png

And this is the one I had a while back that didn't *quite* scratch the itch for quality:

WF triple with pears_3.jpeg

*sigh* This one is scratching my brain in the best way. Perfectly proportional, with perfect band width/depth.:love: Lovely.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*sigh* This one is scratching my brain in the best way. Perfectly proportional, with perfect band width/depth.:love: Lovely.

Thank you, @ItsMainelyYou!

I should say - the one I had some years back was hardly shabby. The center stone was a K VS1 BGD diamond, and the sides were lovely pears - J VVS1 and VVS2. So - warm, but lovely and clean and very well cut, all of them. The setting was 18kt yellow with a platinum head, and done by White Flash. It just didn't have that blindingly white appearance, or the platinum setting I ultimately realized that I wanted...with the blindingly white diamonds, that I also didn't have. The setting also wasn't as fine as I was unconsciously looking for, nor the prong work as tiny, and so on and so on.

Got there in the end, tho. ::)

Here's another photo of the one that didn't cut the mustard....

WF triple with pears.jpeg

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @ItsMainelyYou!

I should say - the one I had some years back was hardly shabby. The center stone was a K VS1 BGD diamond, and the sides were lovely pears - J VVS1 and VVS2. So - warm, but lovely and clean and very well cut, all of them. The setting was 18kt yellow with a platinum head, and done by White Flash. It just didn't have that blindingly white appearance, or the platinum setting I ultimately realized that I wanted...with the blindingly white diamonds, that I also didn't have. The setting also wasn't as fine as I was unconsciously looking for, nor the prong work as tiny, and so on and so on.

Got there in the end, tho. ::)

Here's another photo of the one that didn't cut the mustard....

WF triple with pears.jpeg

Isn't this the beauty of wisdom? When the heart wants what it has learned, we should listen.
*Though crackers, kicking and whatnot, I would not for the first, either.
I await many pictures to ogle of the newly realized beaut(ies) as I know there are some others coming.
I'm feeling so vicariously greedy:evil2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results