shape
carat
color
clarity

New-to-me CvB and Jordy Opal Ring, courtesy of PS :)

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I first admired this ring when @Asscherhalo_lover listed it on LT a couple of years ago. When @peppermintpatty posted it the other day, I had to immediately jump on it! Obviously it was meant to be, as she even had it resized to my size. The setting is by CvB and the stone was apparently custom cut to fit by @jordyonbass, so it's a very PS ring. I'm very grateful that she could pop into my life a few years after I had originally admired her!

I'm not much of a jewelry photographer yet since I bought all of my fine jewelry in the last year, but I still wanted to show my new ring off :) I have a new phone and apparently the camera would rather focus on the texture in my skin and the chips in my nail polish than on the jewelry! ;(

AvRggHq.jpeg

RL1u5YI.jpeg

TcmCJup.jpeg

6uS1DVg.jpeg

HRJTAov.jpeg

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Christina! She looks gorgeous on your beautiful hand! Just like she was made for you! Your pictures are stunning!!! No one would ever believe that was the same ring if they saw my pictures and then they saw yours!

So happy you are sharing the photos so everyone can see how truly special she is! She couldn't belong to a lovelier person. Thank you so much!!!

The video is spectacular! How wonderful that she is yours!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a stunning piece. Your whole collection is lovely. Do you have a thread on the dangle earrings?

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Oh Christina! She looks gorgeous on your beautiful hand! Just like she was made for you! Your pictures are stunning!!! No one would ever believe that was the same ring if they saw my pictures and then they saw yours!

So happy you are sharing the photos so everyone can see how truly special she is! She couldn't belong to a lovelier person. Thank you so much!!!

The video is spectacular! How wonderful that she is yours!
Thank you so much! ❤️

What a stunning piece. Your whole collection is lovely. Do you have a thread on the dangle earrings?
Thank you! I got the earrings from LT/PS as well, here's the post on Preloved. The settings are by DK and the stones are from OWD. I've worn them almost every day since buying them, they're just so easy and comfortable!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone! It’s literally like looking at the Aurora Borealis & I am truly mesmerised. She’s a stunner & I adore the setting!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is way cool! Can anyone do prongs as well as CVB/Sako? And your pictures are lovely...as well as your skin texture!:D

kah42

Shiny_Rock
That is such a pretty ring! And it sounds like it was meant to be yours, too.

Do you have a thread on the leaf/petal ring (closest to your nail in the "ring family" picture)? It is also gorgeous!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful stone! It’s literally like looking at the Aurora Borealis & I am truly mesmerised. She’s a stunner & I adore the setting!
Thank you so much! I think it's such a fun combo and the stone being an opal instead of the original rosecut diamond made it attainable for me :) The ring is extremely comfortable too.

That ring is way cool! Can anyone do prongs as well as CVB/Sako? And your pictures are lovely...as well as your skin texture!:D
Oh, thank you for mentioning Sako too! He deserves a ton of credit for the reset and the resizing, both of which are astonishing because the ring looks like it was always meant to be with an opal and a size 7. No delicate hands here!

That is such a pretty ring! And it sounds like it was meant to be yours, too.

Do you have a thread on the leaf/petal ring (closest to your nail in the "ring family" picture)? It is also gorgeous!
Thank you! I feel very lucky, I didn't have the budget for this ring when I first saw it so had written it off, but sometimes the universe works in funny ways!

The leaf ring is a secondhand Tiffany, purchased on eBay and then confirmed authentic by the workshop when I brought it in for resizing. I ended up not going through with it once I got estimates ($275 to go down a quarter of a size and I think even more to put in sizing beads!), but it was nice to have the validation even though I don't think this is a design that's faked very often. Here's the link on the Tiffany website. For less than the price of the ring, TheRealReal has a necklace from the same collection which I think is just so pretty.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! It was meant to be.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it’s so lovely!! What a fine addition to your burgeoning delicious collection. Thanks for sharing. :)

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! It was meant to be.
Thank you!

It looks perfect on your hand! Enjoy!
Thank you, and thank you for putting this ring together! It's really lovely to look at, I've been enjoying it all day

Oh it’s so lovely!! What a fine addition to your burgeoning delicious collection. Thanks for sharing. :)
Thank you! My collection is growing a little faster than I meant for it to, but it's been fun to finally be able to participate after occasionally lurking here for literally 15 years (high school, undergrad, and grad school don't exactly leave you with much of a bling budget!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Outrageously beautiful!

cheers--Sharon

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh yes!!!! This ring is so lovely! Enjoy!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
What a striking ring and your collection is just lovely! I also want to second the comment about your beautiful hands!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a delicate and cozy piece :love: It totally does look like the sort of piece you'd put on to curl up in a big sweater with!

And your jewellry box snap - lovely!! You've got a marvellous collection!!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Outrageously beautiful!

cheers--Sharon
Thank you so much!

Oh yes!!!! This ring is so lovely! Enjoy!!
Thank you, I know I will!

What a striking ring and your collection is just lovely! I also want to second the comment about your beautiful hands!
Thank you! I used to hate how big my hands are but if I ever get into stacking I know I'll have a ton of real estate to work with! :lol: My ring finger is the longest size option on diamdb.com. I already told my partner that I'll need a big stone for my engagement ring so it's all proportionate :evil2:

Such a delicate and cozy piece :love: It totally does look like the sort of piece you'd put on to curl up in a big sweater with!

And your jewellry box snap - lovely!! You've got a marvellous collection!!

Well I will just ride the high of you complimenting my collection forever!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
After cutting thousands of Opals, a lot have slipped through the cracks of my memory over time. This one hasn't.

It came from the Allawah field at Lightning Ridge, some of the last virgin ground that hadn't been touched by miners up until about 8-10 years ago and renowned for it's beautiful Gem Crystal Opal. This piece was very clean and had colour on both sides, on the other side is a pin fire pattern with a bit more gold to it however the dome on that side had to be a lot shallower due to the thinner colour bar.

@newtojewels I hope you can see it from the back of the ring as well as it is a very beautiful and one of a kind Opal!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
After cutting thousands of Opals, a lot have slipped through the cracks of my memory over time. This one hasn't.

It came from the Allawah field at Lightning Ridge, some of the last virgin ground that hadn't been touched by miners up until about 8-10 years ago and renowned for it's beautiful Gem Crystal Opal. This piece was very clean and had colour on both sides, on the other side is a pin fire pattern with a bit more gold to it however the dome on that side had to be a lot shallower due to the thinner colour bar.

@newtojewels I hope you can see it from the back of the ring as well as it is a very beautiful and one of a kind Opal!

Thank you for all of this information! I can see the color on the other side, though getting a good photo of that is even harder than getting a good photo of the front. Here it is, showing that gold :)

PXL_20240401_155302144.jpg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Superb! Meant to be. It’s a one of a kind ring instant perfect on your hand!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you for this description. I love the creativity and expertise that went into making such a beautiful ring.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Omg this is absolutely stunning! I love it! Enjoy -it’s really beautiful!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is gorgeous on you! Wear in the best of health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results