shape
carat
color
clarity

Your input please - 1ct H VVS2

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
@bmfang congrats on the baby! Yes I am going to go for the super ideal cut from WF. Even if they are both cut the same, just having the proof on the cert makes it a better buy.

I had actually took Friday off to window shop and compare the different colours before deciding colour I is not bad.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Though to be fair, I keep saying "new" but he's now 8 months old. And he's decided to go back to waking up ever few hours like when he really was a new Bub! Haven't had the time since last Friday to check up on this thread. Glad to see that the OP appears to be going down the super-ideal route now!:appl:

My mom's (oldest of 9, mother of 4) says "This too shall pass. The good, the bad, the ugly...it will all change." :lol-2: She was correct about my DS (now 7).

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@bmfang congrats on the baby! Yes I am going to go for the super ideal cut from WF. Even if they are both cut the same, just having the proof on the cert makes it a better buy.

I had actually took Friday off to window shop and compare the different colours before deciding colour I is not bad.

Generally speaking, once you go AGS 000 super-ideal, it's hard to go back to regular GIA XXX (unless you carry around und Idealscopes and ASETscopes around with you).

Diamond colour is usually personal preference. If you are significantly colour sensitive, then D-E-F stones are the way to go. For most folks, G-H-I stones look white and in super-ideal stones will appear as white as a standard excellent cut stone in the face up position. Heck, my wife has a K super-ideal stone and it looks as white face up as a GIA XXX G (non-super-ideal).

Your SO will soon have one of the best cut diamonds in Aotearoa.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Yes I had originally wanted H and above. But what Sutcliffe told me is quite true. If I am on a budget, why pay extra on what I can't see but neglect what I can see i.e. sacrificing carat size for clarity. Both my partner and I couldn't see what is F to I using the colour kit he had of diamonds from D to N.

Who else is going to stare at the diamond long enough from the side anyway!

The ACA I have reserved I am comfortable with the price and love that it can be called a 1.2 :P2.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crossing my fingers for you that the head change works out in budget. Do mention that you were sent by Pricescope, maybe it will help:pray:.

Please don't fret about the pave. You are getting a superbly cut stone that will be stunning. She can pair this ring with any number of bands and express her creativity and style.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Crossing my fingers for you that the head change works out in budget. Do mention that you were sent by Pricescope, maybe it will help:pray:.

Please don't fret about the pave. You are getting a superbly cut stone that will be stunning. She can pair this ring with any number of bands and express her creativity and style.

Thanks! Yes maybe we could look at getting the wedding band for legato sleek that has rocks on it down the line. Not sure if its still called pave for wedding bands.

Unfortunately my personality is to fret over everything, luckily my job compliments it well.

Diamonds are so interesting. So much history and research behind the diamonds we have today.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Yes maybe we could look at getting the wedding band for legato sleek that has rocks on it down the line. Not sure if its still called pave for wedding bands.
Unfortunately my personality is to fret over everything, luckily my job compliments it well.
Diamonds are so interesting. So much history and research behind the diamonds we have today.

You are in good company. I think most gem lovers are pretty detail-oriented and fuss about tiny shades of color and visibility. This is why my DH wisely lets me choose what I want in diamonds/gems and he gets to choose what he wants in computers. Win, Win.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
You are in good company. I think most gem lovers are pretty detail-oriented and fuss about tiny shades of color and visibility. This is why my DH wisely lets me choose what I want in diamonds/gems and he gets to choose what he wants in computers. Win, Win.

Haha yeah I am into computers myself.

I asked WF if they can send me an image comparing my diamond with G and H, just for ease of mind. The I colour ones I have seen looked white enough.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
There doesn't seem to be a noticeable price difference between the one I have reserved and normal ideal cut on JA? Not comparing with TrueHearts.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A beautiful stone indeed. And if the WF stone is comparably priced to a non-TH stone at JA, I'd be taking the WF one!
I reckon of the three, the I VS2 is still the better cut of them.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are asking people to judge the stones, especially color from your post above, I cannot tell the difference between the H and the J. So if they look identical or close to that to you, save your money and go with the J and put the savings in the setting.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @WillyDiamond . I will think carefully as it is really my decision at the end of the day.

Changing to 6 prong is another 300usd and 2 weeks.

Hard choice on the prongs as it also makes it non returnable

Last edited:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask wf if you got the standard head now, and ypur gf wanted the 6 prong later...how much that would cost. If not much, buy with standard head to allow return. Give to your girl. Give her choice. You get full flexibility that way.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Let me see if the 300usd opens up any options in regards to other settings...

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
WF will check with management if the invoice can be in NZD. The customs use an unfavourable exchange rate so the $300 can be covered if invoice is in NZD.

Otherwise I may just pay the $300.

Side note the savings can stack up for overseas buyers through JA if they have your currency available.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The shank is narrow and tall...called a knife edge setting. In my experience, many find them uncomfortable. It also does not look like her inspos.she liked the pinched shank (reverse taper) and cathedral shoulder. What about it do you like?

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
I note it has design from the side, which the six prong customised legato gets rid of.

This is how the legato looks with six prong. 1.011ct F VS1 ACA in sleek line with tiff style head detail.jpg

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what you mean? The cathedral shoulder being solid?

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Yes sorry hope the picture helps. The circled part covered by the claw now.

20170919_220912.jpg

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
Perhaps mentioned above, DVatche has the Royal Crown setting, which people think is stunning.
I think , not 100% sure, the Duchess Catherine, has it as her setting.
So your fiancé can now be Royalty - ha ha.
WF does sell it.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP
Perhaps mentioned above, DVatche has the Royal Crown setting, which people think is stunning.
I think, not 100% sure, the Duchess Catherine has it as her setting.
So your fiancé can now be Royalty - ha ha.
WF does sell it.
It is such a nice setting, but it can drive symmetry freaks nuts. The N and S prongs are different than the other 4. So, unless the retailer can even them out, I'm hesitant to recommend that one.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all, WF is very helpful. I asked them for a quote on the felicity head. Fingers crossed it can be done. Otherwise I will just get the regular customised six prong head.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in , how did the quote come in?

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
@rockysalamander can be done for $200 more than normal price, $1475. CAD will be provided later.

In the next few hours I just need to decide if I go with this or danhov cl140 you suggested. $500 price difference but the danhov is designer. Hard decision.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say the Danhov is more romantic feeling and a bit more floral. It has a soft, flowing feeling. The Legato is clean and contemporary with some flair and the felicity adds some curves to the design -- it's still feminine without any fuss. This would suit someone fashion-forward or with edgy tastes as well. If she is jeans and t-shirt type of gal, then think about how she decorates. In the end, they are both lovely and the diamond is gonna be amazing. You can't go wrong here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results