shape
carat
color
clarity

Your engagement ring or your cell phone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Silly question, but some friends of mine had a tough time with it.

Say I''ll pay you for one of them. Same amount. Once you give it up, you can never have one again, ever. You''d have to borrow someone''s cell to make a call, or god forbid, find a PAY PHONE. And of course, you could have a land line at home.

Which would you give up, your engagement ring, or your cell phone?

I''m embarrassed to say, I think I''d give up my engagement ring. There''s too many situations in the future with my daughter where I think I''ll need a cell phone.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Cell phone, hands down. I don''t use it that much anyhow and I have a land line, so I don''t think I''d miss it.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
errrgggg....i''d love to get rid of my cell phone - then I can have a peaceful night at home without any interruptions EVERY night! I won''t be tied to work, and plus, I prefer email for communication
1.gif

I would never give up my ring
30.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cell phone. So many people have them these days that in the event of an emergency I can use a stranger''s or FIs.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no contest, cell phone.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:53:52 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Cell phone. So many people have them these days that in the event of an emergency I can use a stranger''s or FIs.
I''d have to start carrying an address book again...I don''t know anyone''s phone numbers anymore...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Cell phone.

Between email, office phone, and landlines, I don''t really need it. Plus, I hate my cell phone, it annoys me beyond belief.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
cell phone. Since I moved we went a month with no phones of any kind or internet and now I do have a cell but can only use it to call FI, it is kind of liberating in a way.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
cell... since I''m rotating on 3 cells, one less won''t hurt...
1.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
wow, it seems so many are so quick about giving up their cell phones. i''m not sure if i can do it THAT easily. i mean all the numbers to people i know are stored in it, i basically keep everything in my cell phone. if i give up my engagement ring, i still have RHRs right?
i really want to say i''d give up me cell phone, but not really sure that i can. no cell phone for the rest of my life?!?!?!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is interesting!

I initially said cell phone. I don''t need to touch base with anyone on a daily basis other than my mom and TGuy. But I use it for so many things because I travel for work...

- I use it instead of hotel room phones. I do have a calling card number for work (which I have never used so I don''t know where it is) but a lot of my customers have caller ID and won''t pick up if it''s a number they don''t recognize.

- I use it as soon as I get in a cab to call TGuy. You can never be too safe in a cab.

- I can''t imagine not being accessible to my mom when I am away from home on a business trip, just in case she has questions regarding my daughter.

- I have had customers cancel meetings while I am EN ROUTE, so it saved me time and I didn''t have to drive 2 hours.

If I didn''t travel so much, I think it would be much easier to say I''d give up the cell. But I chose function over form.
15.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely cell phone. I was one of the last ones amongst my family and friends to get one. I resisted the idea for years!! Don''t even use it often these days. It stays on the silent mode practically all the time. My friends are always complaining that I never answer their calls, and am too slow to respond to SMS''s. My replies to them have always been: "What did you do before cell phones were invented? Besides, if people want to get hold of me that badly or people that I want to get in touch with, there''re always emails and landlines!
2.gif
1.gif
"!

I''ve always said that people''d have to come pry my e-ring off my cold dead hand before they can take it away from me!!
9.gif

BUT, if we had a child or children, my answer might be entirely different.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Probably my ering. I don''t wear my original anymore now that I have my 5 stone. I''d just get other sparklies to wear on my wedding finger!
11.gif
2.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
If I had an Ering, I would give it up. I would have to go to Promises in Malibu for my texting addiction.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Come on T-Gar! I can''t answer this question! I have an iphone!
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 2:17:30 PM
Author: coatimundi
Come on T-Gar! I can''t answer this question! I have an iphone!
3.gif
Ooh...iPhone or JM ring. Hm. That one IS tough.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I use my cell phone maybe twice a week at most? My hubby got rid of his six months ago and I''m seriously considering doing the same. While I have no real *use* for my e-ring and it sits in its little box every day, I''d still keep it over a cell phone in a heart beat. I''m trying to think of something I''d give up before I gave up my e-ring, but I really can''t think of anything...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use my cell phone a lot. I have a Blackberry and email from it. I love being able to keep in touch no matter where I am.

However, I would rather give the phone up than my ring!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
*GULP*

I have to choose?
23.gif

I would give up the e-ring only if I had a fabulous wedding band.
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd give up my ring
39.gif
very sadly, but I would. I cannot operate in my career (which is very important to me) without my cell, and I wouldn't feel as safe/secure without having a method of communication with me at all times.

I could keep my wedding band, right? Because I lurve it! That would be a tougher decision for me than the e-ring.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Cell phone. Friends will let you borrow their phone... but not their ring.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
This is interesting, I''m surprised how many people are choosing cell phone.

I''m one of those people who BARELY uses their cell phone, but at the same time, I don''t even have a land line. But the comfort of having it in case I need it (in the car when I get lost and don''t have directions and didn''t bring the gps, if someone I''m meeting doesn''t show up, if I have car trouble), I don''t think I could give that up.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I'd give up the ring.

Besides my addiction to being connected, I feel safe with my cell phone at times. Dark parking lots . . . a friend of mine was raped after someone got in her car in the Wal-Mart parking lot. No way in hell would I give up my phone. EVER!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd absolutely give up my engagement ring. The reason is because with having two kids, if there was an emergency, I'd want to be informed of that right away! When my son was in kindergarten, he fell and cut his head and an ambulance was sent in. Imagine them not being able to get ahold of me!

Like was stated, there are always RHRs!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ring. Oh my gosh, I went 1 month without a cell phone (when I lost it and refused to get pay for another one). I was so lost. My baby couldn''t call me at work and I count on hearing from him. I walked for 20 minutes in the COLD searching for a phone booth (and it was COLD) and I was once waiting at the wrong place, but my fiancé couldn''t call me. It was like missing a lifeline.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only my e-ring but every other piece of jewelry I own too. Dee LURRRRRVES her crackberry!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I would give up my engagement ring
23.gif
I get so much anxiety driving without my cell phone (rarely happens). For me it is like a security blanket knowing if I am in trouble or something happens I can call someone ASAP.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have an e-ring... yet, but I would definitely give it up if I did.

I don''t like the interruptions in the middle of the night and the cell phone can be a bit annoying, but I do LOVE having it anywhere I am in case of emergancies. You never know when you may need it and I can''t think of a time when your e-ring would be able to save yours or anothers life. :)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Give up the cell phone easily. The entire world was working just dandy sans portable phones pre-1980''s
20.gif

We had kids, jobs, got directions, ordered pizza, etc. all without a cell tower.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 2:42:04 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
I''d give up the ring.

Besides my addiction to being connected, I feel safe with my cell phone at times. Dark parking lots . . . a friend of mine was raped after someone got in her car in the Wal-Mart parking lot. No way in hell would I give up my phone. EVER!
Just curious but exactly how would a cell phone have prevented that?

Let''s say you''re on the phone with a friend. Friend hears you gasp and realizes you''re in trouble. Friend hangs up and calls 911, and even gives them the location of where you are. Do you really think the cops are going to arrive in time to prevent what only takes about 3 minutes?

For those of you who are somehow feeling safe because you have cell phones, stop and think. I don''t want anyone deluding themselves into a false sense of security. Generally it only means you won''t have to walk to a pay phone to report what has already happened.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results