shape
carat
color
clarity

Your engagement ring or your cell phone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 10:19:53 PM
Author: Mara
E-ring! (as long as I could have a huge eternity w-ring!)

Honestly I wonder how we ever existed without cell phones. It just makes life so much easier. I text or call my sister about Portia and what is happening that day, Greg to bring home what type of dinner, our general contractor to ask about the garage door arrival..all within a few minutes. It makes things so much more effective. Not to mention safe... stranded on the side of the road or a tire goes flat. I use it for work a fair amount but other than that, it''s more for staying in touch with family and friends. Who has time to use the landline at home?!? We didn''t even have a landline for 5 years...we just used our cells.

More interesting would be something like e-ring or internet? hehee.
I wouldn''t even think twice. I''d give up my ering without hesitation.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 10:24:54 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 3/3/2009 10:19:53 PM

Author: Mara

E-ring! (as long as I could have a huge eternity w-ring!)

Honestly I wonder how we ever existed without cell phones. It just makes life so much easier. I text or call my sister about Portia and what is happening that day, Greg to bring home what type of dinner, our general contractor to ask about the garage door arrival..all within a few minutes. It makes things so much more effective. Not to mention safe... stranded on the side of the road or a tire goes flat. I use it for work a fair amount but other than that, it''s more for staying in touch with family and friends. Who has time to use the landline at home?!? We didn''t even have a landline for 5 years...we just used our cells.

More interesting would be something like e-ring or internet? hehee.
I wouldn''t even think twice. I''d give up my ering without hesitation.

Umm heck yea!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d give up the engagement ring. I need a cell phone more than I need an engagement ring!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I''d give up the cell phone. A lot of times I forget to even turn it on. I lived for a long time without one and could do so again. But l love my engagement ring and have gotten so much enjoyment from it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
E-ring. I''d just get a really nice blingtastic 5 stone band with the money if I had to. But the rest of my life without a cell? Nope.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I'd take the cell over a ring. My family and friends live out of state, and SO (who also lives out of state) would value being able to get in touch with me as necessary (or I, him) in an emergency far more than a ring. The symbolism is nice. lovely even, but a ring, really, is an arbitrary material with no real function. I know whether I am married or engaged, and I can communicate that to anyone who needs to know. I don't need a ring for anything, but I probably need that phone!

I don't need a ring, just like I don't need a wedding, just like I don't need the state to tell me whether or not I am married. I create meaning, not the things that I 'can' have.

Plus, I would allow a nice honkin' Trillion medallion to console me!
9.gif

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I gave up my cell phone this year. So, that''s easy for me. It is hard to find a pay phone, I can tell you that. I don''t miss having it ring all the time or when I''m in the car. People would call my home phone and if I didn''t answer call my cell. It gets really annoying. I don''t "need" it and as an effort to cut down my bills I got rid of my cell and cable t.v. I''d rather have diamonds any day!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
e-ring. my cell phone is my life line.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results