shape
carat
color
clarity

Your bling wish-list for 2018

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2018 will be the year of the Perlee Clovers bracelet.

I will scrimp. I will save. I will speedwalk past Starbucks. I will not look at Erika Winters’ instagram. I will not buy more knives or kitchenware. I will not indulge “well, it’s just a small project”...

Sigh. Where’s the dratted money tree?

I have a handful of those “small projects” in-progress currently - the expense doesn’t count if it occurs before the beginning of the year I’m supposed to be scrimping and saving and eschewing slighter gratifications... right? :whistle:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will scrimp. I will save. I will speedwalk past Starbucks. I will not look at Erika Winters’ instagram. I will not buy more knives or kitchenware. I will not indulge “well, it’s just a small project”...

I have a handful of those “small projects” in-progress currently - the expense doesn’t count if it occurs before the beginning of the year I’m supposed to be scrimping and saving and eschewing slighter gratifications... right? :whistle:

I'm laughing here....ALL of this is familiar to me, too!

Good luck for willpower and restraint on your inexorable, unrelenting march towards the bracelet of your dreams! :wavey:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You're not the only one! VCA designs are not my cup of tea, either.

I've pretty much checked off everything off my wish list, except for a 7 stone ring (in the works) and a baguette eternity band (à la Marilyn Monroe). Although, I don't know if I can say I'm done acquiring bling...I might change my mind later :whistle:

Who is doing your seven stone ring? What kind of seven stone? I've been thinking about one too!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
All of these projects sounds amazing!

I'd LOVE to finally buy the Tiffany Victoria earrings - I've taken the plunge and made a huge life changing decision to leave my marriage after years of emotional abuse and control, with my three young children under 10years, we are just getting on our feet and into our own rhythm and everyone is so happy! I'd love to buy these as something special just for me, to celebrate my braveness and embrace my new life !

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm getting the CvB's Norah (6 prongs) with OECs (1 tcw) cut by Yoram! The stones should be around 3mm or so. Which 7 stone are you thinking of doing?:love:

Gah!!! I LOVE that band and visit it on her Instagram. This would be a dream band BUT I'm sure it is out of my budget! What size is your finger? I assume you chose a carat weight that will cover the top of your finger. I'm looking for something simple but amazing like this. I may even sell my asscher SK ring. Did you have to ask for Yoram OECs or is that who she always uses? Did you ask for specific stats?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove I'm having it made in size 7 so I can stack it on my ring finger and also wear it on my middle finger. (Normally I wear anything between size 6.75 to 7.25)

Caysie said that seven 3mm stones should cover the top of the finger nicely, but I think there may be a tiny bit of metal peeking out on both sides due to the curve of the finger, so it'll look like a 7-stone ring and not necessarily look like an eternity band, if that makes any sense. I'm OK with that because I don't like having stones all the way to the outer edges(I like my comfort & low profile settings, and I don't like the feeling of stones pushing against the sides of my little finger and middle finger if I'm wearing rings on my ring finger.)

The price of the small OECs is reasonable --- more reasonable than I expected (antique cushion cut would be more expensive due to the depth of the cut and corresponding amount of rough required). Caysie said there would be seven 3mm OEC stones, est. G-H VS and approx 1ctw.

I originally planned to do the ring with ENV moissanite but realized after getting the quote from Caysie that the price differential between moissanite and diamond was not as great in the smaller sizes, so I decided to take the plunge and go for diamonds! I asked Caysie for antique cut diamonds, similar to the Norah in YG that was on her Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/p/BMMbITQjJEk/), and she suggested using Yoram's stones. I've always dreamed of owning a diamond cut by Yoram but I think I'm unlikely to be able to afford a larger stone cut by him, so I am sooo excited to be able to achieve this bling-bucket-list item in the smaller size. :appl:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@hathalove I'm having it made in size 7 so I can stack it on my ring finger and also wear it on my middle finger. (Normally I wear anything between size 6.75 to 7.25)

Caysie said that seven 3mm stones should cover the top of the finger nicely, but I think there may be a tiny bit of metal peeking out on both sides due to the curve of the finger, so it'll look like a 7-stone ring and not necessarily look like an eternity band, if that makes any sense. I'm OK with that because I don't like having stones all the way to the outer edges(I like my comfort & low profile settings, and I don't like the feeling of stones pushing against the sides of my little finger and middle finger if I'm wearing rings on my ring finger.)

The price of the small OECs is reasonable --- more reasonable than I expected (antique cushion cut would be more expensive due to the depth of the cut and corresponding amount of rough required). Caysie said there would be seven 3mm OEC stones, est. G-H VS and approx 1ctw.

I originally planned to do the ring with ENV moissanite but realized after getting the quote from Caysie that the price differential between moissanite and diamond was not as great in the smaller sizes, so I decided to take the plunge and go for diamonds! I asked Caysie for antique cut diamonds, similar to the Norah in YG that was on her Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/p/BMMbITQjJEk/), and she suggested using Yoram's stones. I've always dreamed of owning a diamond cut by Yoram but I think I'm unlikely to be able to afford a larger stone cut by him, so I am sooo excited to be able to achieve this bling-bucket-list item in the smaller size. :appl:

I'm dying over here and you don't even have it yet! What's the time frame? Do you mind if I PM you on insta?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries, @mrs-b =)2. I love hearing about the different projects you have going on and seeing the pics on SMTB.:love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alexiszoe , so either HGD as the full name or HL as a nickname then, hehe.:D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@december-fire,

You're too kind=)2.

I don't know if you know, I have several eternity bands, inclg a full eternity band of 13pt's and a 7-stone band. Would you like me to share some details/ perhaps some pics?

The choice between WG and Pt would depend on whether you'd mind the patina that Pt would develop over time; meaning it'd go a bit more grey over time; and also I think there are different Pt alloys you could choose from and depending on the alloy the "greyness" could differ. But the issue with WG is that it'd need to be re-plated from time to time. Pt is also more brittle, harder to work with and my local jewellers, for instance, refuse to touch Pt. So if you needed repairing a Pt ring, it could be hard.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll be my 10 year wedding anniversary in June so I'm hoping to get an anniversary band. I'm loosing weight quickly since I got the gastric sleeve and my eternity rings are already very loose, I think I'll be selling them to put funds towards a band. I don't think I'll get another eternity so I'm looking for a 5 or 7 stone band. I always have thinks to reset but we'll have to see about money first!

Congrats on your weight loss! Yay!!:appl:

Look forward to seeing your new (ly set) pretties.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll be my 10 year wedding anniversary in June so I'm hoping to get an anniversary band. I'm loosing weight quickly since I got the gastric sleeve and my eternity rings are already very loose, I think I'll be selling them to put funds towards a band. I don't think I'll get another eternity so I'm looking for a 5 or 7 stone band. I always have thinks to reset but we'll have to see about money first!

Congrats on your weight loss! Yay!!:appl:

Look forward to seeing your new (ly set) pretties.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dear mom has given me a few heirloom pieces but I rarely wear them because I still feel too young to pull them off.

My purchase list:
-Frivole VCA WG pave necklace. Not too dressy but blingy enough, I can wear it with jeans and ballet flats.
-Perlee WG diamond bracelet. I had my heart set on RG that is the most popular choice according to my SA.
-Mini frivole WG earrings for everyday use and when I go to the gym.
-I would like to add a few more collier de chien bracelets with PH

Nice! I love heirloom pieces!:appl:

Lol, I chuckled when I read what you said abt the Frivole pave necklace. It's super blingy/ dressy. I ADORE this necklace and would love to have it one day. I have the Perlee Clover in RG and it's one of my faves - i wear it almost everyday. Mini Frivoles are super cute. Don't have a CDC ...yet...they are super popular.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is the same thing it has always been: a 20 carat D color internally flawless marquise. Not realistic, I know:cry2:

Lol, you never know, Mdm Bijoux.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm dying over here and you don't even have it yet! What's the time frame? Do you mind if I PM you on insta?

Sure, feel free to contact me!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hahaha, too funny!

I'm sooo happy to hear this, @yssie . You will LOVE it!! I love mine and am actually wearing it right now whilst typing this post.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd LOVE to finally buy the Tiffany Victoria earrings - I've taken the plunge and made a huge life changing decision to leave my marriage after years of emotional abuse and control, with my three young children under 10years, we are just getting on our feet and into our own rhythm and everyone is so happy! I'd love to buy these as something special just for me, to celebrate my braveness and embrace my new life !

Way to go, @laurenk !:appl:

This was indeed a very brave and right thing to do! Sooo happy for you. Definitely a cause for celebration!! Those earrings are super cute!! Please feel free to post pics when you get them.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@december-fire,

You're too kind=)2.

I don't know if you know, I have several eternity bands, inclg a full eternity band of 13pt's and a 7-stone band. Would you like me to share some details/ perhaps some pics?

The choice between WG and Pt would depend on whether you'd mind the patina that Pt would develop over time; meaning it'd go a bit more grey over time; and also I think there are different Pt alloys you could choose from and depending on the alloy the "greyness" could differ. But the issue with WG is that it'd need to be re-plated from time to time. Pt is also more brittle, harder to work with and my local jewellers, for instance, refuse to touch Pt. So if you needed repairing a Pt ring, it could be hard.

Oh, details and photos would be wonderful!
Thanks, @Phoenix !

I think I've looked at every thread on metals and diamond bands (eternities, 7-stones, 5-stones).
I still want to see more photos and hear comments!

Thanks for your comments about WG vs Pt!
I didn't know that some jewellers won't work with Pt. That's good to know.

We all vary, I'm sure, in terms of what's comfortable and what's an 'everyday ring', but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your rings.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are to be commended!
No one should be subjected to emotional (or physical) abuse and control.
You've done what's best for you and your children, and you're teaching your children that's its not OK to be treated this way.
I wish you and your children a safe, secure and peaceful future.
I wish you strength throughout the divorce process.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lauren, I am so glad to hear you and your children are doing well. I’m sending hugs and love to you, you’ve been through a rough time and you are very brave. It’s great to hear the positive update. I wish I could win the lottery so I could buy those earrings for you, you deserve them :D

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t make up my mind but 2018 wish list is going to be one of these lovelies...while saving up for a nice 2.5 carat upgrade ACA upgrade in 3 years lol

78F44EE4-EC57-4196-8F96-0F0788401951.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b , what a great collection!

Have you posted photos of your collection (so far)?
Or just individual threads for some of them?

I second the request for a family photo.=)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah!!! I LOVE that band and visit it on her Instagram. This would be a dream band BUT I'm sure it is out of my budget! What size is your finger? I assume you chose a carat weight that will cover the top of your finger. I'm looking for something simple but amazing like this. I may even sell my asscher SK ring. Did you have to ask for Yoram OECs or is that who she always uses? Did you ask for specific stats?

Why?:o I love this ring.:love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, details and photos would be wonderful!
Thanks, @Phoenix !

I think I've looked at every thread on metals and diamond bands (eternities, 7-stones, 5-stones).
I still want to see more photos and hear comments!

Thanks for your comments about WG vs Pt!
I didn't know that some jewellers won't work with Pt. That's good to know.

We all vary, I'm sure, in terms of what's comfortable and what's an 'everyday ring', but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your rings.

I'll try and post pics of my full eternity and the 7-stone band.:)) I can certainly say that my full eternity can be an everyday ring. It's super comfortable and I have worn it daily when I was travelling.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t make up my mind but 2018 wish list is going to be one of these lovelies...while saving up for a nice 2.5 carat upgrade ACA upgrade in 3 years lol

78F44EE4-EC57-4196-8F96-0F0788401951.jpeg

Wonderful wish-list!:love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, I'm with you. Bring lunch every day. No starbucks or Peets. One venti or large can buy a whole half gallon of milk. No more clothes that I have no room for anyway. No more shoes, except running shoes since I don't want an injury. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a pair of Kenneth Cole boots that should last me 15 years. My old pair lasted 10 years, and would have lasted longer if my feet didn't blow up when I got pregnant. No more workout or yoga clothes. No more $16/pair of running socks. My goal for 2018 is to save enough BEFORE I BUY, whatever it is I want. Not even sure yet.

And I have figured out I do NOT want any more VCA stone pieces. For a person who finds it a hassle to take off jewelry, those pieces that need to be taken off every day are just not for me. Just gold, platinum and diamonds please. I really don't know what I want for 2018. I want to get only one piece, and it has to be something I love and something forever. Wish me luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results