clarity

Your bling wish-list for 2018

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone varies, as Kenny would say.

Nice! look forward to pics.

Sager words have never been spoken!! :razz: @kenny
I can see how people like VCA pieces as they're pretty but somehow the perlee and alhambra pieces don't look right when I wear them. Which is strange as I love Arabesque style patterns. :confused:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I am. I love that ring and the setting will stay as it is in my long term collection - but I'm thinking about putting a sapphire in it - which is my DH's birth stone - and using the center diamond in a 3 stone. This is somewhere 'down the track', tho, so I'm getting a lot of wear out of it, the way it is, now. I've wanted that style of ring for a long time, and the pears were mine, bought some years ago with that setting in mind. But I'm not too concerned what's in the center (I'd love a ruby in it - a girl can dream, right?!) and would be happy enough with a sapphire or a spinel.

My DH, while he likes the VC ring a lot, has always wanted me to have a 3 stone - which is his favorite style. So when I floated my long term idea of having both - one with his birth stone, and the other a traditional 3 stone, he was very happy with that as a plan. When I bought the 2.2ct VC, I was aware it would be the perfect size for me in a 3 stone, and I mainly went with the ring I did so I could use my pears, and knowing I would love the setting with a colored stone in it as well. So this isn't really a change of plan - I wanted to use my pears, I wanted a 2ct rb, and I put them together knowing I can re-use the setting.

However, this is not high on my radar right now. I'm waiting on my cluster pendant from DKJ, which will finish my cluster set. They're also setting my 3.4ct ACA, so that's my focus at this point in time. Mainly, I'm just trying to get all my diamonds set, and this year was always going to be 'the setting year'. It's possible I won't switch out the VC ring for a couple of years; I'd like to do it before then, but we'll see.

@mrs-b, I look forward to seeing how your collection evolves. I still have a hard time keeping up with the changes though.:razz:

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
1) Upgrade my diamond to a CBI or WF diamond

2) Repurpose my mother's first ering diamond

3) My wedding ring (which I should get in a few weeks so I guess that's my 2017 goal)

ETA: oh and recut/reset my future-MIL's 3ct diamond that she is gifting me as a wedding present in March. Which doesn't feel real yet.. I'll believe it when it's mine, lol!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, my grandmother's engagement ring is a .25 carat center OEC diamond with 2 carre cut sapphires not sure if they are real or simuated probably .25wt also, in 18K white gold. It's too small for me my aunt had it made for her finger back in 65 when my grandmother died, she gave it to me (my aunt is 70) and I love this ring, I remember it very well on my grandmother's finger, but I plan to pass it on to my sister's daughter as I have no daughters and my niece knew my mother very well and my aunt and has heard stories of my grandmother. As to my gold rings, I have a gold cluster ring, a gold .50 carat wedding band, actually I have 3 of them from my first marriage. I have a beautiful baguette and small round diamond ring in 18K 1.5 cttw white gold my husband (the one I love :) ) bought for me when he got his first bonus at his company. I should get stuff out of the safe deposit box. As to the clasp I have had it fixed once by a local jeweler but am going to take it to another. I have my great grandfather's 14 kt gold watch from the railroad, it's pretty, doesn't work, I'm thinking of getting it fixed, that goes to my nieces brother, my sister's son. My boys will get all my stuff. 20766766_483119702040607_3477023248724525056_n.jpg

Awww! I love what you wrote about your grandmother and also about your husband.:love: Love the sentiments behind each piece, the rings as well as the watch.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so another three stone ring would be with rounds? If you take the 2 ct. from the VC ring, would it be incorporated into another three stone round ring? Sorry - I just feel lost in the sauce here and am trying to understand the plan - lol!

I know - it's a lot, isn't it?

The VC Trilogy with pears that I have would have the center stone removed and a colored stone inserted. I would use the diamond currently in it (which I would remove so I could insert a colored stone instead) to make a 3 stone - with all rounds. Basically, I want to do one more ring. At the moment I have the VC Trilogy with a diamond center. I will keep that and put in a colored center and use the stone from it to make a new ring - a 3 stone with rounds?

Do all that make sense?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I look forward to seeing how your collection evolves. I still have a hard time keeping up with the changes though.:razz:

Not really changes - expansions. "I'm getting one more ring" is what it comes down to. Yay me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really changes - expansions. "I'm getting one more ring" is what it comes down to. Yay me.

3) My wedding ring (which I should get in a few weeks so I guess that's my 2017 goal)

ETA: oh and recut/reset my future-MIL's 3ct diamond that she is gifting me as a wedding present in March. Which doesn't feel real yet.. I'll believe it when it's mine, lol!

YAY!!:appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know - it's a lot, isn't it?

The VC Trilogy with pears that I have would have the center stone removed and a colored stone inserted. I would use the diamond currently in it (which I would remove so I could insert a colored stone instead) to make a 3 stone - with all rounds. Basically, I want to do one more ring. At the moment I have the VC Trilogy with a diamond center. I will keep that and put in a colored center and use the stone from it to make a new ring - a 3 stone with rounds?

Do all that make sense?

Yes it makes sense. I assume that the 2.2 stone would be a side stone then rather than the main stone? Or would you use it again as the main stone and just add to more smaller rounds?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it makes sense. I assume that the 2.2 stone would be a side stone then rather than the main stone? Or would you use it again as the main stone and just add to more smaller rounds?

It would be the main stone. I cant even imagine 2.2 as a side! Even my fingers aren't that big! A lot of this is precipitated by my already owning a beautiful .95 stone, which is just hanging around unset. I'm not ready to buy a second one as yet, so I set the 2.2 and used my pears as sides (since I wanted to set the pears, and the Trilogy is the setting I wanted to use them in regardless of what was in the center). But when I buy a second .95, to match the one I already own, that's when I'll get a colored stone for my existing VC ring, and use the 2.2 from that ring, the unset .95 I already own, and a second .95, which I have as yet to buy, as a 3 stone combo. And then I also have the 3.4ct ACA, which I'm on the process of setting.

My final collection will then be:

3.4 H VS1 ACA - set as a solitaire with sidestone detail - in yellow gold**
2.2 VC G VS2 rb, set with 2 x .95 sides - in platinum
2.2ctw E VS1/2 7 stone ring - in platinum*
2+ct Ceylonese sapphire, with 2.08ctw of E VS2 sides, set in a cluster style ring in platinum*
2.24ctw 5 stone ruby and diamond ring (diamonds - J VVS) - in rose gold*
8.3mm colored stone in VC Trilogy with 2 x .32 pear sides ( G IF)
2.7ctw F/G VS eternity in yellow gold*
2 ctw F/G VS asscher eternity in platinum*
1.02 ctw E/F VS Leon eternity in platinum*
1.32 ctw E/F VVS eternity in rose gold
4.4ctw sapphire and diamond (E/F VS) eternity
Various metal bands

That's the whole collection. Phew! The ones with * are done, the one with ** is being done, the ones with nothing next to them are for the future, and I currently have the VC Trilogy using up some of the stones in the 'to be done' list. So basically I'll have 2 main diamond rings (one in plat. and one in yellow gold so I can always match the metal color of my jewelry, which is important to me), 3 colored stone rings, a 7 stone ring, and 3 eternity rings - again, one in each colored metal. It makes a comprehensive set and hits all my bases.

Now ask me which one is my favorite..... I'll give you a hint.... (it's the ruby and diamond 5 stone. Cost me $4k after being totally refurbished. Go figure.)

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Would a colour trio - eg. .95 RBC - Colour○ - .95 RBC , make sense ?
So that the rather perfect Trilogy remains as it is.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see how Holly Grande Dame looks like!

I wear little to no bling daily (I always keep forgetting them) except for my watches - a Lange & Sohne and JLC Reverso Duo.

Maybe a JLC Reverso 1931 Ultra Thin - very classic, understated and elegant.

DSC_9675.jpg

The other thing I would love is a scrumptious 5 carat emerald cut diamond (it just looks so elegant, although not as sparkly as a round!) but this will probably stay on my wish list for a while ;)2

I know people say emeralds show color more. But when I was shopping around I find that funnily enough, the I-J emeralds I saw faced up as white as several beautifully cut RBs of similar color ?!:eek2: I was absolutely baffled by it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Would a colour trio - eg. .95 RBC - Colour○ - .95 RBC , make sense ?
So that the rather perfect Trilogy remains as it is.

I want a three stone as my main, platinum, diamond ring. I like having one large plat diamond ring, and one large yellow gold diamond ring. So no, I'll be switching out the diamond. So long as it's done carefully, tho, and the new colored stone is a good match, I don't really see that I'll be sacrificing the trilogy at all. I think it will still look fabulous. :)

ETA This will complete my ring collection, and I've stayed fairly constant on where I wanted to end with my final combination. I might, however, still upgrade the ACA from time to time, tho maintaining the same setting.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wish list for 2018:

1. find and set my forever Blue Sapphire
2. set a small Ruby cabochon - want a medieval-type cross-style ring setting, with the Ruby in the center and 4 x 2.5mm pearls N/S/E/W
3. pick up a well-cut fancy shape (probably a pear) white diamond with VSBF, via an upgrade thru BN
4. pick up a step-cut (still deciding between square and rectangle), also via an upgrade thru BN
5. figure out once and for all if the WG Cartier love cuff is for me, and buy the damn thing already

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wish list for 2018:

1. find and set my forever Blue Sapphire
2. set a small Ruby cabochon - want a medieval-type cross-style ring setting, with the Ruby in the center and 4 x 2.5mm pearls N/S/E/W
3. pick up a well-cut fancy shape (probably a pear) white diamond with VSBF, via an upgrade thru BN
4. pick up a step-cut (still deciding between square and rectangle), also via an upgrade thru BN
5. figure out once and for all if the WG Cartier love cuff is for me, and buy the damn thing already

Wowza!! Can't wait to see them all, once they're bought and set.

On the subject of the Love cuff, I hear a rumour that Cartier is going to discontinue it...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice!!:appl: Look forward to seeing these pretties in the Show Me the Bling thread. How lovely that you're getting both your mother's first ering and your MIL's. 3ct I'd sooo treasure these. I only have a couple of items from my mother which mean sooo much to me and which I absolutely treasure.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b , I remain in awe and can't wait to see all of these!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see how Holly Grande Dame looks like!

I wear little to no bling daily (I always keep forgetting them) except for my watches - a Lange & Sohne and JLC Reverso Duo.

Maybe a JLC Reverso 1931 Ultra Thin - very classic, understated and elegant.

DSC_9675.jpg

The other thing I would love is a scrumptious 5 carat emerald cut diamond (it just looks so elegant, although not as sparkly as a round!) but this will probably stay on my wish list for a while ;)2

I know people say emeralds show color more. But when I was shopping around I find that funnily enough, the I-J emeralds I saw faced up as white as several beautifully cut RBs of similar color ?!:eek2: I was absolutely baffled by it.

Hahaha, Holly Grande Dame !! I think you've just named my yet-to-be new diamond. We shall call her HGD!!:lol::clap:

Those watches are just PURE CLASS, @Alexiszoe .:love:

I cannot wait to see a honking EC on your hand, Alexis!! EC's are my fave too. Funny what you said about EC's facing up whiter. I saw this beautiful 12ct EC a few years ago. It was a J colour and had SBF. It faced up pretty white and I dunno if that was the SBF or what. I still regret not having bought that honker..it was very attractively priced for the size...SIGH...lol.

Last edited:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
given that my Christmas present from my wife is a 2.937ct ACA upgrade ring, I don't think I'm getting a damn thing in 2018 hahaha.

A 2.937 ct ACA then nothing in 2018? I'd take that deal in a heartbeat! :dance:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd LOVE to have this watch. But alas, I think it's out of my reach, at least at this moment in time. There are some other RM watches which are less expensive and still quite beautiful, this one for example:

DSC02158.jpg

I also love VCA watches. Diamondseeker and Missy posted some pics in the VCA thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-van-cleef-and-arpels-jewelry.214306/

@Phoenix , the watches you posted are lovely! As are the ones posted by @diamondseeker2006 and @missy in that thread. Very nice.

You put a lot of thought into your beautiful collection, so I have no doubt whatever watch you choose will be gorgeous. =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be the main stone. I cant even imagine 2.2 as a side! Even my fingers aren't that big! A lot of this is precipitated by my already owning a beautiful .95 stone, which is just hanging around unset. I'm not ready to buy a second one as yet, so I set the 2.2 and used my pears as sides (since I wanted to set the pears, and the Trilogy is the setting I wanted to use them in regardless of what was in the center). But when I buy a second .95, to match the one I already own, that's when I'll get a colored stone for my existing VC ring, and use the 2.2 from that ring, the unset .95 I already own, and a second .95, which I have as yet to buy, as a 3 stone combo. And then I also have the 3.4ct ACA, which I'm on the process of setting.

2+ct Ceylonese sapphire, with 2.08ctw of E VS2 sides, set in a cluster style ring in platinum*
1.32 ctw E/F VVS eternity in rose gold*
4.4ctw sapphire and diamond (E/F VS) eternity*
Various metal bands*

That's the whole collection. Phew! The ones with * are done, the one with ** is being done, the ones with nothing next to them are for the future, and I currently have the VC Trilogy using up some of the stones in the 'to be done' list. So basically I'll have 2 main diamond rings (one in plat. and one in yellow gold so I can always match the metal color of my jewelry, which is important to me), 3 colored stone rings, a 7 stone ring, and 3 eternity rings - again, one in each colored metal. It makes a comprehensive set and hits all my bases.

Now ask me which one is my favorite..... I'll give you a hint.... (it's the ruby and diamond 5 stone. Cost me $4k after being totally refurbished. Go figure.)

I screwed this list up. There were meant to be 3 more with * (ie I already own them) stars after them - the 4.2ctw sapphire and diamond eternity in platinum, the 1.32ctw eternity in rose gold, and, of course, all the metal bands. I think I've got it right now!

And Phoenix - my apologies for hogging your thread!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b , what a great collection!

Have you posted photos of your collection (so far)?
Or just individual threads for some of them?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, Holly Grande Dame !! I think you've just named my yet-to-be new diamond. We shall call her HGD!!:lol::clap:

Those watches are just PURE CLASS, @Alexiszoe .:love:

I cannot wait to see a honking EC on your hand, Alexis!! EC's are my fave too. Funny what you said about EC's facing up whiter. I saw this beautiful 12ct EC a few years ago. It was a J colour and had SBF. It faced up pretty white and I dunno if that was the SBF or what. I still regret not having bought that honker..it was very attractively priced for the size...SIGH...lol.

LOL, I am honored, looking forward to seeing the search for HGD until Her Ladyship arrives in style!

It's a shame you didn't buy the EC honker, but who knows what lies in store...maybe a 15 carat OMC or OEC calling your name later? :p

Funny you should mention the J emerald cut - I saw an I color 10 carat with faint blue fluorescence and it faces SO WHITE - it looked really close to a G color 8.5 carat RB?! And I am pretty color sensitive. That really blew my mind.

I know a few jewelers (as well as a vendor here) mention that emerald cut faces up whiter but I didn't pay much attention to it until I saw that I color baby holding it's own against the G.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if this will happen in 2018, but I've been eyeing a 7-stone band for quite some time.
Specifically, the WF 1.0 ctw ACA shared prong.

I've wanted an eternity ring for ages. I recently purchased an inexpensive fake to see what I thought of the eternity style, and I've decided that I want the look, but not an actual eternity as an everyday right-hand ring for me.

@mochiko42 , you mentioned you've got a 7-stone in the works. Any details to share? :whistle:

I'm flip-flopping between WG and platinum. The pathetic Canadian-US dollar exchange rate makes the price difference something to consider.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll be my 10 year wedding anniversary in June so I'm hoping to get an anniversary band. I'm loosing weight quickly since I got the gastric sleeve and my eternity rings are already very loose, I think I'll be selling them to put funds towards a band. I don't think I'll get another eternity so I'm looking for a 5 or 7 stone band. I always have thinks to reset but we'll have to see about money first!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate is a staple, of course ! I have never gave it up for more than a day or two - unlike watches.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1.32 ctw E/F VVS eternity in rose gold
4.4ctw sapphire and diamond (E/F VS) eternity
Various metal bands

Alright - gotcha! As long as you are enjoying your collection (or future collection) that's all that really matters!

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
My dear mom has given me a few heirloom pieces but I rarely wear them because I still feel too young to pull them off.

My purchase list:
-Frivole VCA WG pave necklace. Not too dressy but blingy enough, I can wear it with jeans and ballet flats.
-Perlee WG diamond bracelet. I had my heart set on RG that is the most popular choice according to my SA.
-Mini frivole WG earrings for everyday use and when I go to the gym.
-I would like to add a few more collier de chien bracelets with PH

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is the same thing it has always been: a 20 carat D color internally flawless marquise. Not realistic, I know:cry2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results