shape
carat
color
clarity

Your bling wish-list for 2018

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To have my grandmother's 1925 engagement ring shored up and made larger for me to wear. To fix my diamond tennis bracelet (again). To have a ring made with some of my old yellow gold stuff. And to continue to dream of a 3+ ACA G color, SI, MRB and a 3+ AVR G color SI eye clean.. I can dream.

@Tekate - I got my 3.4ct H VS2 (close enough to what you're after!) ACA this year and I can tell you - hold onto that dream! Gorgeous, GORGEOUS, diamonds!

And...a 3ct AVR? Oh, ok, if I HAVE to. :D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate I have one that I've worn about 6 times because the setting snags everything I have worn it with. It's been sitting in a safety deposit box for years. Has any one else had this problem with a tennis bracelet?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(

That's one of the reasons I'm thinking of getting a bangle rather than a bracelet.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's one of the reasons I'm thinking of getting a bangle rather than a bracelet.

I have a diamond bangle - love it, and very easy to wear.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had it to do over again I'd get a bangle too.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the reasons why I haven't fixed mine (again) is that it is sitting in my safe deposit box! . Mine is a crap bracelet that we paid over 4K for.. this was pre Pricecope Tekate :( we bought it on a cruise ship. ha! I had it appraised and it appraised for what I paid for it, so that means I could sell it for about 500.00$ if I was lucky. The appraisal said some stones had visible inclusions and had S1-I3 stones.. live and learn.

@Tekate I have one that I've worn about 6 times because the setting snags everything I have worn it with. It's been sitting in a safety deposit box for years. Has any one else had this problem with a tennis bracelet?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , is this what you're considering?

This is beyond a watch! This is Art! :love:

Trying to find a photo of the watch that was mentioned lead me to the most amazing watches!
I had no idea such lovely creatures existed.
I've lead a sheltered life. :lol-2:

This thread needs more photos. =)2

RICHARD-MILLE-RM-19-02-TOURBILLON-FLEUR-6-1200x592.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing except to pay off the Imperial Topaz by Jeff White by June 2018 as I have tax bills to pay.
DK :rolleyes::(sad

Pic pls?

I've been meaning to get a coloured stone cut by him. Perhaps after all my immediate diamond wants have been fulfilled.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I stil have three projects in production with DKJ (2 rings and a pendant) - so I'm not done with 2017 yet! However...having said that...

Next year I'm planning to re-set my SS pearl and diamond earrings. Currently they're 14.5mm pearls with 1.02ctw of BGD diamonds. I'm changing up the style and upping the diamond ctw to 2.38ctw. This is not an enormous job, but it ain't nothin' neither - so it might be all I do in 2018.

However, if my earrings, currently for sale in the pre-loved section, ever sell, I plan to buy another .95ct diamond to go with the one I already have. It's <ahem> possible that I might dismantle my VC ring and turn it into a more substantial 3 stone with round sides - something in the 4+ctw range. I miss having a 3 stone and they've always been my ideal style. I'm planning to put a good, colored, stone in the current setting; there is NO WAY I'll be getting rid of that beauty!

But the BIG year is 2020 - when I turn 60. I've been bitten by the bug I caught from @canuk-gal - stacking diamond bangles! - and I'd like to get 2 more for my stack. I'm also going to finally tackle the diamond studs project. Yay!

@mrs-b , I must admit I have trouble keeping up with all your diamond projects!:lol: You have so many done recently & on-going. 2017 has been an amazing year for you, hasn't it? and it continues....:clap:

Which VC ring are you thinking of dismantling? :o

Yay!! Can't wait to see your impending projects coming into fruition!:clap::dance:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To have my grandmother's 1925 engagement ring shored up and made larger for me to wear. To fix my diamond tennis bracelet (again). To have a ring made with some of my old yellow gold stuff. And to continue to dream of a 3+ ACA G color, SI, MRB and a 3+ AVR G color SI eye clean.. I can dream.

Nice!! How is your grandmother's ring going to be set/ made larger? and what YG ring are you thinking of?

Re the tennis bracelet: a good jeweller should be able to fix the clasp for you so it doesn't break again.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mine used to snag all the time. I took it to another jeweller to fix the offending prongs and now it doesn't snag any more.

An alternative is to bezel the diamonds. I'll do this for my next tennis bracelet (whenever that happens); it'd for sure not snag anything nor scratch any other jewellery that I may choose to stack with it.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I hope you get the Tourbillon Fleur.

I must be the only one who doesn't love VCA. I got my daughter a VCA necklace with a white clover and she wears it all the time now. 2017 was a very good year for jewelry, so I'll have to lay low for a bit.

But maybe some paraiba earrings...

You're not the only one! VCA designs are not my cup of tea, either.

I've pretty much checked off everything off my wish list, except for a 7 stone ring (in the works) and a baguette eternity band (à la Marilyn Monroe). Although, I don't know if I can say I'm done acquiring bling...I might change my mind later :whistle:

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been meaning to get a coloured stone ... Perhaps after all my immediate diamond wants have been fulfilled.

I keep thinking that you are a 'colour-ed' (Richard Hughes term) in denial: it is obvious that your One Perfect Gem has to be such that you would be known as its owner, and in diamond-land, such things are by now hardly jewels anymore (relative small optical sculptures deployed as vault accessories ?). Coulour works in other ways. IHMO, there is still - perhaps always - 'return to taste', in line with what money can buy.

2C

[running for shelter !]

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix , is this what you're considering?

This is beyond a watch! This is Art! :love:

Trying to find a photo of the watch that was mentioned lead me to the most amazing watches!
I had no idea such lovely creatures existed.
I've lead a sheltered life. :lol-2:

This thread needs more photos. =)2

RICHARD-MILLE-RM-19-02-TOURBILLON-FLEUR-6-1200x592.jpg

I'd LOVE to have this watch. But alas, I think it's out of my reach, at least at this moment in time. There are some other RM watches which are less expensive and still quite beautiful, this one for example:

DSC02158.jpg

I also love VCA watches. Diamondseeker and Missy posted some pics in the VCA thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-van-cleef-and-arpels-jewelry.214306/

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not the only one! VCA designs are not my cup of tea, either.

I've pretty much checked off everything off my wish list, except for a 7 stone ring (in the works) and a baguette eternity band (à la Marilyn Monroe). Although, I don't know if I can say I'm done acquiring bling...I might change my mind later :whistle:

Everyone varies, as Kenny would say.

Nice! look forward to pics.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep thinking that you are a 'colour-ed' (Richard Hughes term) in denial: it is obvious that your One Perfect Gem has to be such that you would be known as its owner, and in diamond-land, such things are by now hardly jewels anymore (relative small optical sculptures deployed as vault accessories ?). Coulour works in other ways. IHMO, there is still - perhaps always - 'return to taste', in line with what money can buy.

2C

[running for shelter !]

LOL, too funny, @valeria101.

I must say I love love love @Acinom 's g:love:rgeous blue sapphire. jI wouldn't mind one like that some day.:dance:

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

EXACTLY !

Do get to meet such a sapphire before Holly Mother comes up ... Might take some doing. It is great fun.

... other RM watches ... this one for example ...

I am learning from you that a watch that covers the wrist is a good thing. Very dangerous !

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EXACTLY !

Do get to meet such a sapphire before Holly Mother comes up ... Might take some doing.

I am learning from you that a watch that covers the wrist is a good thing. Very dangerous !

LOL!!:lol:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Phoenix Were you trying a much less austere versions of this shape ? RM: WWW

[sort of recall a picture that I cannot find fast]

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RE. Link

I meant to link up to RM's Extra Flat Automatic - RM 016 (rectangular)

On the website, there is only one version, in ceramic & brushed metal - no carbon in crystal form ...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your choice of black & white RM is intriguing ! It seems to be everything: a jewel & a work horse & a sports thing & all - if this is even possible

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I stil have three projects in production with DKJ (2 rings and a pendant) - so I'm not done with 2017 yet! However...having said that...

Next year I'm planning to re-set my SS pearl and diamond earrings. Currently they're 14.5mm pearls with 1.02ctw of BGD diamonds. I'm changing up the style and upping the diamond ctw to 2.38ctw. This is not an enormous job, but it ain't nothin' neither - so it might be all I do in 2018.

However, if my earrings, currently for sale in the pre-loved section, ever sell, I plan to buy another .95ct diamond to go with the one I already have. It's <ahem> possible that I might dismantle my VC ring and turn it into a more substantial 3 stone with round sides - something in the 4+ctw range. I miss having a 3 stone and they've always been my ideal style. I'm planning to put a good, colored, stone in the current setting; there is NO WAY I'll be getting rid of that beauty!

But the BIG year is 2020 - when I turn 60. I've been bitten by the bug I caught from @canuk-gal - stacking diamond bangles! - and I'd like to get 2 more for my stack. I'm also going to finally tackle the diamond studs project. Yay!

Are you talking about the round with pear sides that VC just made for you?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your choice of black & white RM is intriguing ! It seems to be everything: a jewel & a work horse & a sports thing & all - if this is even possible

I like both of the black & white RM's - a lot . Either would go very nicely with my Cartier Love in WG & ceramic. And I'm thinking of getting another piece of jewellery in black & white.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you talking about the round with pear sides that VC just made for you?

Yes, I am. I love that ring and the setting will stay as it is in my long term collection - but I'm thinking about putting a sapphire in it - which is my DH's birth stone - and using the center diamond in a 3 stone. This is somewhere 'down the track', tho, so I'm getting a lot of wear out of it, the way it is, now. I've wanted that style of ring for a long time, and the pears were mine, bought some years ago with that setting in mind. But I'm not too concerned what's in the center (I'd love a ruby in it - a girl can dream, right?!) and would be happy enough with a sapphire or a spinel.

My DH, while he likes the VC ring a lot, has always wanted me to have a 3 stone - which is his favorite style. So when I floated my long term idea of having both - one with his birth stone, and the other a traditional 3 stone, he was very happy with that as a plan. When I bought the 2.2ct VC, I was aware it would be the perfect size for me in a 3 stone, and I mainly went with the ring I did so I could use my pears, and knowing I would love the setting with a colored stone in it as well. So this isn't really a change of plan - I wanted to use my pears, I wanted a 2ct rb, and I put them together knowing I can re-use the setting.

However, this is not high on my radar right now. I'm waiting on my cluster pendant from DKJ, which will finish my cluster set. They're also setting my 3.4ct ACA, so that's my focus at this point in time. Mainly, I'm just trying to get all my diamonds set, and this year was always going to be 'the setting year'. It's possible I won't switch out the VC ring for a couple of years; I'd like to do it before then, but we'll see.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so another three stone ring would be with rounds? If you take the 2 ct. from the VC ring, would it be incorporated into another three stone round ring? Sorry - I just feel lost in the sauce here and am trying to understand the plan - lol!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix, my grandmother's engagement ring is a .25 carat center OEC diamond with 2 carre cut sapphires not sure if they are real or simuated probably .25wt also, in 18K white gold. It's too small for me my aunt had it made for her finger back in 65 when my grandmother died, she gave it to me (my aunt is 70) and I love this ring, I remember it very well on my grandmother's finger, but I plan to pass it on to my sister's daughter as I have no daughters and my niece knew my mother very well and my aunt and has heard stories of my grandmother. As to my gold rings, I have a gold cluster ring, a gold .50 carat wedding band, actually I have 3 of them from my first marriage. I have a beautiful baguette and small round diamond ring in 18K 1.5 cttw white gold my husband (the one I love :) ) bought for me when he got his first bonus at his company. I should get stuff out of the safe deposit box. As to the clasp I have had it fixed once by a local jeweler but am going to take it to another. I have my great grandfather's 14 kt gold watch from the railroad, it's pretty, doesn't work, I'm thinking of getting it fixed, that goes to my nieces brother, my sister's son. My boys will get all my stuff. 20766766_483119702040607_3477023248724525056_n.jpg

Nice!! How is your grandmother's ring going to be set/ made larger? and what YG ring are you thinking of?

Re the tennis bracelet: a good jeweller should be able to fix the clasp for you so it doesn't break again.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine used to snag all the time. I took it to another jeweller to fix the offending prongs and now it doesn't snag any more.

An alternative is to bezel the diamonds. I'll do this for my next tennis bracelet (whenever that happens); it'd for sure not snag anything nor scratch any other jewellery that I may choose to stack with it.

Thank you @Phoenix I may have to reset the tennis bracelet in a bezel setting or give it to a niece. It's a waste for it to sit in the safety deposit box and not being enjoyed by anyone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results