shape
carat
color
clarity

Your bling wish-list for 2018

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely cleaned out the jewelery box. And did in fact get an opal and set some loose gems. All in all a successful year :)

You've also had a busy year, @MakingTheGrade. How did you manage to clean out the jewellery box? I find selling (anything) rather stressful. Still got a bunch that need to go to other homes.

Congrats on a successful 2018.:clap:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shocking...since we're on a jewellery forum but there is nothing on my wish list. I've reached a point when I can afford to buy myself many things and after a while, it's just another piece for the jewellery box so only sentimental pieces from now on.

My aunt gave me my grandmother's jade and diamond earrings last weekend. In time for Christmas and my upcoming 50th birthday. It was quite an emotional moment to receive these earrings. A bit of background. My grandmother passed away 43 years ago so this piece has not been worn since 1975! My aunt never wore them.

IMG_6417.JPG

@DiaDiva, indeed you can afford to buy many things and yet have somehow managed not to buy!! I dunno how you do it!!:o I wish I had better self-control when it came to bling, lol.

That's soooo lovely! I bet it was an emotional moment. Those are so beautiful, def heirloom quality:love::love:. I can't believe that they've not been worn since 1975. Congrats!! And 50th? Seriously??? time flies!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix :wavey:

Most of them turned out to be definite favorites, truth be told. My three stone, obviously; my opal ring; I LOVE my Holly wedder - especially with the new anni band; my gold drops (there's just no substitute for those); my platinum cluster earrings (ditto these); and my SS pearl studs, custom gold hoops and custom rose gold hoops - one of which I wear ever day of my life. And my 2.2ctw diamond pin, of course, is just incredibly elegant as well.

If I could do anything differently, I'd skip all the iterations of my e-ring. That was a pain! But as for finished pieces, I'd make every piece again, exactly as they are, and change nothing.

There are a LOT less projects for 2019, as 2018 really broke the back of my to-do list. I intend to upgrade my diamond over a few years, so that project will be ongoing. But this year will see the end of all the settings, which will be GREAT.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results