shape
carat
color
clarity

Your avatar is talking to me..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No offense, but living in Florida, where we have cockroaches that fly and are attracted to light, I just want to fumigate your avatar...........

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
The Raspberry Roach!
36.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:38:46 PM
Author: belle

Date: 9/15/2006 4:33:33 PM
Author: KimberlyH
This thread inspired me to change my avatar...very silly, but just had to share.
yeah....

is there anything that might inspire you to change it back?
9.gif
35.gif
9.gif
seriously.... is there?

not that I don''t like looking at toes, but uh.... well, I don''t, really. of course, it IS better than the cockroach. we had the flying ones in Texas too when I was growing up. I still have nightmares about them.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:46:47 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Maybe this one is better? Roach a-la-Prince?
lmao....
39.gif

i like a-la-prince better than a-la-davey crockett.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:49:26 PM
Author: Rod
No offense, but living in Florida, where we have cockroaches that fly and are attracted to light, I just want to fumigate your avatar...........
i know what you mean! icky roaches!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:54:49 PM
Author: sumbride

This thread inspired me to change my avatar...very silly, but just had to share.
yeah....

9.gif
35.gif
9.gif
seriously.... is there?

not that I don''t like looking at toes, but uh.... well, I don''t, really. of course, it IS better than the cockroach. we had the flying ones in Texas too when I was growing up. I still have nightmares about them.
Oh, c''mon! I thought it was cute. It''s not like they''re icky toes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:54:49 PM
Author: sumbride

yeah....

9.gif
35.gif
9.gif
seriously.... is there?

not that I don't like looking at toes, but uh.... well, I don't, really. of course, it IS better than the cockroach. we had the flying ones in Texas too when I was growing up. I still have nightmares about them.
thritto....there's just nothing positive about closeups of toes. even prettily manicured ones.
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL...well, I gotta find something else, or it may stay roach-a-la-prince. I''m looking, I swear!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lurve roach a-la Prince!!
30.gif
30.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 5:05:10 PM
Author: Mara
thritto....there''s just nothing positive about closeups of toes. even prettily manicured ones.
5.gif
Hmmmmm....
11.gif
.....what about if they are prettily manicured twinkle toes with custom designed toe rings?
1.gif
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 5:33:52 PM
Author: hlmr

Date: 9/15/2006 5:05:10 PM
Author: Mara
thritto....there''s just nothing positive about closeups of toes. even prettily manicured ones.
5.gif
Hmmmmm....
11.gif
.....what about if they are prettily manicured twinkle toes with custom designed toe rings?
1.gif
2.gif
Not even then!!!
40.gif
It''s always worse when they are your own toes!
5.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 11:44:36 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I thought reena''s avatar was a stuffed animal bear head in a suit? Is it still around?

*going to check...*

ETA: It''a not a stuffed animal bear head! Ew, what is that thing? Methinks it''s a roach...

Wait wait wait.. Reena''s avatar? A roach? It was her cute little Papillion dog.. She had two of them.. Roosevelt, or velter was the one in the avatar. Cutest little dogs ever..

Anyway.. yeah.. I had no idea it was a backpack either.. Didn''t have any guess as to what it was..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
melissa i think that TG was joking. about the roach. since we were talking about them? er...yeah.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh.. i didn''t see anyone talking about them until AFTER that post.. I thought that was the start of it.. lol. Im just confused..

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, I just don''t get it . . . just like I couldn''t see TG''s backpack, I can''t see the papillon dog in Reena''s avatar. I have TRIED. It just looks like some weird animal. It also looks like it''s smoking a cigar or something.

For the longest time, when I used to lurk here and when Reena used to post all the time, I thought she was a man. Based on her AVATAR. I guess there you go . . . TG said it . . . people''s avatars talk to us.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
There isn''t a chance I''ll change my avatar until I find one I like better, but thanks for the input.
35.gif

Christa, someone once called my hubby and I a mid-western looking couple, which was funny because we''re both Southern Californians, born and raised, so I asked what he meant and he said we looked like a very wholesome down-to-earth couple. Not that you don''t appear to be wholesome, I just sort of pictured no make up, long straight brown hair etc.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 2:23:33 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 9/14/2006 11:26:35 PM

Author: aussiegirl23

this thread makes me giggle...

TravelinGal... I always saw a girl with her back to us stradling a chair -- see what minituraizing a picture into an avatar can do? or how silly my brain can be?? I like your temporary one though : ) can''t wait to see what you come up with next!

I too have a strange desire to see people''s pictures from here - it always surprises me, no matter whose pictures I find... in wedding gowns, with the kids, or whatever... Isn''t it strange that even on the net, I want to visualize who is speaking? It''s fun though realizing that people can turn out to be completely different from your 1st impressions or assumptions...

I think one that REALLY got me was realizing (and am I wrong here???) that Lorelei is 18?? I think I remember that from one of the weekly workout threads... WOW -- she sounds a heck of a lot more mature than that : ) Or am I mis-remembering it totally?

And yes... when people have their pets as avatars... I hear them talking to me - which made DeeJay''s story about Demon Dog jumping into the river SO much funnier to me... since Demon Dog was doing all the talking : )

Aussie

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Aussie double that figure and you will be closer!
31.gif

Missy l, I was going to confirm the story!!!! The plan would have worked too...

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s funny, I also picture people and their avatars. I pictured Mara as a take charge kind of gal. And Firegoddess, I pictured long, flowing, beautiful red hair. And I too, thought they were a little older. And they are actually both younger than me. Let''s just say I''m close to the big 4-0.
20.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
OMG - I''m laughing so hard I''m gasping now! LOLOL

I went to Florida with a friend a few years ago for the first time - Ft. Lauderdale. Turns out Travelocity''s review of the hotel quality was juuuuuuuuuuust a little off. For the first day, we tried to be tolerant. Day two - toilet broke just before we left for dinner/entertainment, and we returned at 11:30 pm to find it still broken. They weren''t able to fix it, so they said they''d let us move to the room next door (meaning they didn''t help us, just unlocked the door and then ran
20.gif
)

After 20 minutes of moving our junk, we finally settle down - change into jammies and each get into our respective beds to watch a little TV. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something CRAWLING on the ceiling.....manic-like! I FREAK!

Call the front desk - there''s a FLYING ROACH IN MY ROOM! He says calmy "oh, that''s just a ''palmetto bug''....nothing to worry about."

ME: Dude, I don''t care what you call it - it''s a ROACH. Can you please bring a broom or something up here to reach this and get it out/kill it?"

In typical "not-what-I-had-in-mind-style" response, this little short guy from the front desk comes up with NO broom! Instead, he swats at it with a towel!!!!!!! Because he''s too short for this to be an effective game plan, the damn roach drops ONTO my bed and scurries under it.

Shorty McShort-and-ineffective looks at me and says "well, we can move you to another room."

''Uh....no thanks. I can move us to another room, too.....OUT of this hotel. Not staying for the remainder''. Called another hotel at 1:30 a.m. and moved to that one after confirming that it was indeed "cockroach/palmetto/flying large-ass bug"-free. My girlfriend ws in her jammies for the cab ride!

SO, I hear ya, Rod. Fumigation can be one''s best friend!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always pictured Lorelei as looking like Marilyn Monroe (Lorelei in Some Like it Hot) and it stuck...

I do NOT have a big yellow smiley faced head by the way...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2006 11:46:08 PM
Author: diamondfan
I always pictured Lorelei as looking like Marilyn Monroe (Lorelei in Some Like it Hot) and it stuck...

I do NOT have a big yellow smiley faced head by the way...

I will send you a pic of me this weekend DF!

OMG ROD.....you have cockroaches which FLY and are attracted to light??
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif

I would scream my head off
emcry.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I HATE HATE HATE HATE THEM!! Here in NC they call them "water bugs" I don;t care what they call them.. they are friggin huge, crawling up the walls, moving real fast, can''t kill the monsters, crunchy when you stomp on them roaches!!!!! UGH>>>> I get the creepy crawlies when I think of them.

I am on a quaterly with my Bug man. He comes out every three months to do an inside and outside spray. Then he will come as many times as I want during the 3 months for a "retouch" if I see anything. Even if I don''t, I call him at least once and have him come spray for good measure. I told him to use as much insectiticde that was allowed by law. I FRIGGIN HATE THEM!! If I do see one in the house, I cannot sleep for days.

They live in the pine trees around here and crawl in through the attic if you have branches hanging over your house... We cut down all the pines that were that close to my house before we even moved in.

But they are everywhere down here because of the rivers and marshes. UGH!! I hate them.

BTW... here is a tidbit of interesting knowledge about roaches....

Did you know that the Americas did not have cockroaches? They were actually imported here from Europe in ships. Can you imagine.. that would be my idea of a paradise...... ahhhhhh

Same thing with rats ... there were no rats

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LMAO Belle! Kimberly! Please, Kimberly, I implore you! You have cute feet...but man am I grossed out!!! LOL

Reena's was my all time favorite. It was her dog's face on an attorney's body who was standing in his law library!!!! It was SO freaking funny!!! There was something about the look on her dog's face that was a riot, and something about those dumb law library shots that made me crack up!!!

As for posting pix, it always blows me away how people will freely post pix of themselves...I don't know why it's so odd to me, bc it's just a photo, no biggie... but it's something I would never ever do...dunno why....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
All this fuss over a few toes...you can look at my nephew checking out chicks at the beach instead. I''ll consider it my kind gesture for the day.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Now THAT is cute! Those are toes you just want to nibble on!!!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I''ve got the pic I originally wanted as an avatar (thanks, Belle!) . . . whaddaya think? Now that it''s up there I''m not sure I want to look at my face every time I post.
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I
emlove.gif
it!!!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2006 1:27:52 PM
Author: Christa
OK, I''ve got the pic I originally wanted as an avatar (thanks, Belle!) . . . whaddaya think? Now that it''s up there I''m not sure I want to look at my face every time I post.
9.gif

Christa,
I think it''s cute. I love the look of your daughter on your head. A typical "Oh Mom!!!" look. lol

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Christa, I absolutely Love your new avatar! It''s too cute.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2006 2:15:02 PM
Author: oshinbreez

Date: 9/16/2006 1:27:52 PM
Author: Christa
9.gif

Christa,
I think it''s cute. I love the look of your daughter on your head. A typical ''Oh Mom!!!'' look. lol
Yeah, it would be even funnier if you knew her . . . she is such the drama queen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results