shape
carat
color
clarity

Your avatar is talking to me..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 11:34:05 PM
Author: LizzieC

Date: 9/14/2006 11:32:29 PM
Author: hlmr

Date: 9/14/2006 9:59:34 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Anybody remember Reena''s avatar?? I can still picture it, she cracked me up. Still don''t have any idea if it was a dogs head or a fox head on top of that suit?? So count me as one that had no clue what was in TG''s avatar. Of course now I can see it. Like duh... Glad to know I''m not the only one.
1.gif
I remember kaleigh!! It was too funny! Yanno, I can''t remember exactly what type of head was on that suit either, but it always made me smile!
Reena''s avatar kinda creeps me out!
23.gif
Really? I always got a chuckle from it!
9.gif
It just goes to show how differently everyone''s avatars affect each of us!~

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought reena's avatar was a stuffed animal bear head in a suit? Is it still around?

*going to check...*

ETA: It'a not a stuffed animal bear head! Ew, what is that thing? Methinks it's a roach...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL omg i just spent a good 5 minutes laughing at the latest rseponses to this thread, and then i explained the whole thing to greg and he came over and wanted to see the girl roach backpack monster...and then he started cracking up and goes ''there''s the leg''...HAH! i said imagine that big picture as a 96x96 slightly pixelated image and tell us we aren''t on crack! hehee. he was like you guys are all weirdos. LOL!

love the new temp avatar TG but where is the pot warmers?! i hardly recognize you!
31.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Aljdewey

I am new enough to only have known you as the SCARY CHAINSAW girl... care to explain your not-so-typical avatar??
Velma sounds so much more innocent : ) But at this point, TAME in comparison!!

Aussie

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 12:15:06 AM
Author: Mara
LOL omg i just spent a good 5 minutes laughing at the latest rseponses to this thread, and then i explained the whole thing to greg and he came over and wanted to see the girl roach backpack monster...and then he started cracking up and goes ''there''s the leg''...HAH! i said imagine that big picture as a 96x96 slightly pixelated image and tell us we aren''t on crack! hehee. he was like you guys are all weirdos. LOL!

love the new temp avatar TG but where is the pot warmers?! i hardly recognize you!
31.gif
The new one is done, but I will unveil tomorrow....

I agree with Greg...you guys are all weirdos. But not me. Nuh uh.
12.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
P.S., in case Greg wanted to see the little one.

Derry1~1.jpg

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Strange, I always just saw it as a backpack. Travelling Gal= gal who likes to travel, especially with a backpack, and from the size of the backpack, is a very serious traveller indeed.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL according to Greg, it looks like some ''crazy bug body''...HAHA. I swear this topic is just making me laugh harder each time I come in here. It''s FAB.

pot. warmers. baby.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/14/2006 11:26:35 PM
Author: aussiegirl23
this thread makes me giggle...

TravelinGal... I always saw a girl with her back to us stradling a chair -- see what minituraizing a picture into an avatar can do? or how silly my brain can be?? I like your temporary one though : ) can''t wait to see what you come up with next!

I too have a strange desire to see people''s pictures from here - it always surprises me, no matter whose pictures I find... in wedding gowns, with the kids, or whatever... Isn''t it strange that even on the net, I want to visualize who is speaking? It''s fun though realizing that people can turn out to be completely different from your 1st impressions or assumptions...

I think one that REALLY got me was realizing (and am I wrong here???) that Lorelei is 18?? I think I remember that from one of the weekly workout threads... WOW -- she sounds a heck of a lot more mature than that : ) Or am I mis-remembering it totally?

And yes... when people have their pets as avatars... I hear them talking to me - which made DeeJay''s story about Demon Dog jumping into the river SO much funnier to me... since Demon Dog was doing all the talking : )

Aussie
HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Aussie double that figure and you will be closer!
31.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Traveling gal, omg...THAT''s what you avatar is, LOL!!!! For the longest time I always thought it was someone sitting backwards on a chair.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
You all have made me feel soooo much better. I have to admit that I never knew what TG avatar was either. Saw the girl, some modern art something, a face, etc. Looking forward to seeing your new one TG. Hope I can figure IT out.....lol

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 1:15:04 AM
LOL according to Greg, it looks like some 'crazy bug body'...HAHA. I swear this topic is just making me laugh harder each time I come in here. It's FAB.
Gotta get up at 5am, but woke after 3 and can't sleep; logged on to type an email, but of course got sidetracked by PS, and I am sitting here at 4:20 am trying not to wake DH by laughing out loud. I am cracking up under my breath. I kinda feel bad about the 'roach' comment, since it seems to have pressed TG into changing it, but I'm glad that the backpack is posted in this thread for future generations to understand what was going on....
3.gif
(Plus the temporary avatar is adorable! I'm glad Widget put that one on the thread for posterity too.)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this thread is just hilarious
39.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOL- this thread is just too funny!! And I thought I was the only freak around here that saw everything but a friggin' backpack!!!
Boy, am I glad I just have a plain avatar!!!! No questions there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Although. Brian is wearing a backpack in that pic !!!!!
6.gif
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 8:15:29 AM
Author: belle
this thread is just hilarious
39.gif

I agree. Poor TG started the thread to talk about other peoples avatars and now we''re all talking about hers
3.gif

I love the temp. avatar too TG but can''t wait to see what the new one is..

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m another one who saw a backpack with skinny legs (and now that I look at it again, it''s so darn obvious that there aren''t actual legs there!). And I''m glad to know I''m not the only one.

Aljdewey, you''ve always been the chain saw to me. I think I read somewhere that you didn''t tell the PS community that you were a woman at first and they assumed you were a man, and I thought "Well, duh, you''re a chain saw and chain saws are masculine!"
5.gif
And now I read that you weren''t always a chain saw.

EBree, for some reason I thought you were Asian from your avatar. It probably has something to do with the fact that pugs originated in Asia, but still! In fact, I have problems with assuming that people just look exactly like their dogs on here. For a while, I thought Deco was darkhaired and very slim, and then I read that she has a size 10 or so finger. And I was trying to imagine a size 10 finger on a girl who wears, like, size 2 jeans when I finally realized that she''s more curvy and I''ve been assuming she looks exactly like the human version of her papillion. Oh dear.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 9:13:08 AM
Author: Blenheim
I''m another one who saw a backpack with skinny legs (and now that I look at it again, it''s so darn obvious that there aren''t actual legs there!). And I''m glad to know I''m not the only one.

Aljdewey, you''ve always been the chain saw to me. I think I read somewhere that you didn''t tell the PS community that you were a woman at first and they assumed you were a man, and I thought ''Well, duh, you''re a chain saw and chain saws are masculine!''
5.gif
And now I read that you weren''t always a chain saw.

EBree, for some reason I thought you were Asian from your avatar. It probably has something to do with the fact that pugs originated in Asia, but still! In fact, I have problems with assuming that people just look exactly like their dogs on here. For a while, I thought Deco was darkhaired and very slim, and then I read that she has a size 10 or so finger. And I was trying to imagine a size 10 finger on a girl who wears, like, size 2 jeans when I finally realized that she''s more curvy and I''ve been assuming she looks exactly like the human version of her papillion. Oh dear.

YOu know... I agree about the assumption thing. I make very quite assumptions based on Avatars.

HEY BELLE!! Haven''t seen you in a while.. guess I am running in different threads.

Traveling Girl... I like you avatar, knew it was a backpack.. but I do admit it took me a hwile to figure out the whole thing.

Adj. I remember when you were Velma... when I first saw it I thought "oh how cute, she must have one of those get along with everything, but now what is going on attitude" But I like the Chain saw better... Cause after a while I learned that I would not want to mess with you and cross over to your bad side... LOL...

I love Monarchs butterfly.. and for the longest time I thought that AGBF''s avatar was a picture of her.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei... maybe I confused a post about age on some other thread... and one of your posts about "18 days free from smoking" -- or I could really be losing my brain to some whacky disease that makes me absolutely BONKERS in the process!

well... I''m going to go see what other things I''ve been ROYALLY confusing lately!

Aussie

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mine!!
35.gif

nice to see you. i''ve been over in rt...on the other side of the tracks
27.gif

hope all is well with you and that spess in your avatar
3.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are too funny
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 1:01:43 AM
Author: Galateia
Strange, I always just saw it as a backpack. Travelling Gal= gal who likes to travel, especially with a backpack, and from the size of the backpack, is a very serious traveller indeed.
2.gif
Yeah, the photo I posted with the backpack on me with within the first three days of travel. I actually packed light, with all my clothes fitting in two 2-gallon ziplock bags (in case it rained or snowed). 4 bottoms and 4 tops for 4 months in Europe...seemed like too little, but I ended up dumping a pair of jeans because it was too much!

My problem was BOOKS! Not knowing wear I was going to be, I had tons of guidebooks, which I started dumping as well. By the time I was a few weeks in, my bag was only 2/3 of the size.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL...well, if I had known it would turn out like this, I would have called this thread "My avatar is confusing to you."

I think the avatar I am about to put up is temporary too. I''ll wait until after my wedding to find something I think represents my travelinggal side a bit better than an abstract backpack. (I''m happy to take suggestions...is there a avatar registry somewhere I can demand that you find them from?) Funny, I''ve had it for as long as I''ve been on PS because I thought a backpack was so *me* and original...how was I to know *me* meant a skinny girl-bug-monster thing?
9.gif

Although I don''t think this new one is going to help the "she''s a weirdo" cause to anyone who never followed this thread........
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just where is the beret???

and the crocheted pot warmers i gave you?

ungrateful....
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 1:27:18 PM
just where is the beret???

and the crocheted pot warmers i gave you?

ungrateful....
3.gif
Apparently the roaches got to the beret. They are using it as a nest. As for the pot warmers, they dragged those out of the house. They didn''t want them either.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 9:13:08 AM
Author: Blenheim
I thought Deco was darkhaired and very slim, and then I read that she has a size 10 or so finger. And I was trying to imagine a size 10 finger on a girl who wears, like, size 2 jeans when I finally realized that she''s more curvy and I''ve been assuming she looks exactly like the human version of her papillion. Oh dear.

Hee! I''m just glad you didn''t think I had two tone white/black hair like Miss. Tallulah --and certain evil Disney characters
6.gif

I''m happy to report that I don''t have freakishly giant hands resting on petite hips ... & am all kinda curvily proportionate in a must-stop-eating-immediately way.
3.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this thread yesterday but didn''t have time to jump in . . . now look how much I missed!

To catch up: I never thought that much about TG''s avatar, but kind of assumed it was an abstractish artsy picture of a girl backwards on a chair.

I picked my own sheriff-beagle avatar because it was handy in my picture file. I''m don''t want to change it now, though, because I mostly differentiate posters by their avatars and I''m afraid no one would recognize me. I''m laughing at myself now because I commented on Mara''s "new" avatar yesterday . . . I lurked here forever before I started posting, but I guess I''m too new to know that it was actually an old one.
5.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, would THIS make me less ungrateful?
9.gif

roach1.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 1:35:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 9/15/2006 1:27:18 PM
just where is the beret??
and the crocheted pot warmers i gave you
ungrateful....
3.gif
Apparently the roaches got to the beret. They are using it as a nest. As for the pot warmers, they dragged those out of the house. They didn''t want them either.

LMAO!! You snarky sistah''s crack me on up every day! Thank goodness!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol christa well actually my old avatar had on a jacket with a scarf and the beret, i think it was my yahoo avatar last winter.

but the funny thing is that i just changed my avatar on yahoo this week to this one ... i love the beret and always come back and forth to it on yahoo depending on the mood, so when TG said she always thinks of me with the beret i just thought it was ironic, because i had just changed my yahoo one over to the beret again for the first time in about 6 months! so that''s what i posted! hahha.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there we go, TG. now THAT looks fabulous.

deco...well in leiu of any good snarkfest TV watching/dishing, this is quite obviously all we are left with. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results