shape
carat
color
clarity

Your avatar is talking to me..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hokay...say good bye to Le Roach Sans Chapeau....

Vive Le Roach Avec Le Beret!!!!

roach.jpg

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
you guys crack me up

love the new avatar TG!!

I''m always really shocked when people post their pictures - for some reason I always picture them completely different. I think there has been maybe one person that looked sort of how I pictured them.

This thread inspired me to check out how to change your avatar -- now I''ll have to be on the lookout for a new one....

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 1:43:27 PM
Author: Mara
lol christa well actually my old avatar had on a jacket with a scarf and the beret, i think it was my yahoo avatar last winter.

but the funny thing is that i just changed my avatar on yahoo this week to this one ... i love the beret and always come back and forth to it on yahoo depending on the mood, so when TG said she always thinks of me with the beret i just thought it was ironic, because i had just changed my yahoo one over to the beret again for the first time in about 6 months! so that''s what i posted! hahha.
I feel better now--I do remember that one! I remember thinking how much the real you looks like your avatar when I saw a picture of you.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Here's what I wanted for my avatar. It's me and my kids--I have a photographer friend who loves to play with Photoshop. I couldn't get it sized right without distorting it or cutting it off in a weird place, though.

ETA: Ack, I didn't mean for it to be so huge.

Resized pests.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this as your avatar??

case1[1].jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 1:38:18 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 9/15/2006 9:13:08 AM
Author: Blenheim
I thought Deco was darkhaired and very slim, and then I read that she has a size 10 or so finger. And I was trying to imagine a size 10 finger on a girl who wears, like, size 2 jeans when I finally realized that she''s more curvy and I''ve been assuming she looks exactly like the human version of her papillion. Oh dear.

Hee! I''m just glad you didn''t think I had two tone white/black hair like Miss. Tallulah --and certain evil Disney characters
6.gif

I''m happy to report that I don''t have freakishly giant hands resting on petite hips ... & am all kinda curvily proportionate in a must-stop-eating-immediately way.
3.gif
Deco, I always pictured you as "Bridget Jones". Curvy, prone to getting in a bit of trouble, and funny as hell!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rod, I like it...but would those stickers translate well if they were smaller? Hmm...

Christa, what a FUN pic!!! You are all so cute!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 1:49:40 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Hokay...say good bye to Le Roach Sans Chapeau....

Vive Le Roach Avec Le Beret!!!!
Uh.....I don''t get it.

It looks like a BACKPACK to me!!!!!!!!!!

Mwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
11.gif
11.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 2:03:35 PM
Author: Rod
Nope - that looks like a TV.
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2006 2:11:33 PM
Author: aljdewey

9.gif
OK....How about this then? Get it.....she's a travelingal (actually stolen from a Dooney and Bourke (sp?) ad........

Dooney--&--Bourke-sidebar-footer[1].jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/15/2006 2:45:41 PM
Date: 9/15/2006 2:11:33 PM

Author: aljdewey

9.gif

OK....How about this then? Get it.....she's a travelingal (actually stolen from a Dooney and Bourke (sp?) ad........

Not sure about the D&B girl... now that I know what TG's avatar IS I'm actually kinda fond of it, LOL.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i LURVE the beret. tres chic.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 9:13:08 AM
Author: Blenheim

Aljdewey, you''ve always been the chain saw to me. I think I read somewhere that you didn''t tell the PS community that you were a woman at first and they assumed you were a man, and I thought ''Well, duh, you''re a chain saw and chain saws are masculine!''
5.gif
And now I read that you weren''t always a chain saw.
No, I wasn''t.....in fact, my first avatar was the one below, which is non-gender specific. I intentionally didn''t specify if I was male or female, largely because I hate when people make preconceived assumptions about one''s POV based on gender.

When it finally came out that I was a woman, it was a RIOT. Almost like a mini-Crying Game. Poor Rich Sherwood nearly passed out right on his keyboard.
3.gif

Date: 9/15/2006 12:25:04 PM
Author: Aussiegirl23

I am new enough to only have known you as the SCARY CHAINSAW girl... care to explain your not-so-typical avatar??
Velma sounds so much more innocent : ) But at this point, TAME in comparison!!
Hehehe - sure. It''s actually a riff on two things. Someone once referred to one of my posts as ''sharp'' and was joking that I should be called Hatchet Al. I joked back and said "no, it needs more power - Chainsaw Al!" Then we realized that there was a leaning reference to Chainsaw Al in the 90s (I think?)....Al Dunlop was a consultant for Sunbeam who became nicknamed Chainsaw Al. He was known for direct approach and downsizing.

The other part of the reference came from a post by one of the Houston gals that I''d met on a visit. She was mentioning how nice and bubbly I seemed in person, and this other person laughed and said "yeah, well, a chainsaw looks harmless too until you take the bladeguard off!"

After those two references, I thought it was funny and made myself the chainsaw....Chainsaw Al.
2.gif

YellowGlass_big.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
alj - I also remember you as velma, can''t get past that, even though I''ve seen some pics of you on here. the chainsaw scares me.

Lorelei - I love your avatar, it just cracks me up every time I see it.

TG- I am loving the new avatar hehehehee....

EBree - I like your new pug pic... it makes me smile... his/her tongue looks so HUGE!! makes me feel like I want to lick an ice cream or something.

Blenheim - I remember your audrey hepburn/tiffany''s avatar, and that''s how I totally imagined you, until I saw some pics posted of you and your FI in LIW I think... so weird.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahahahhaa....cute new roach avatar tg! why is he wearing a coon skin hat though?
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
umm belle i know you live in the middle of nowhere *duck* but that is a BERET.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the kind you fiind in a second hand store?
19.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
..if it was warm, she wouldn't wear much more..
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ha, i thought it was a bicycle helmet. it looks like a beret on you but not on TG.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ok, February2003bride needs to get over here and explain herself... Her avatar just screamed at me and stuck it''s tongue out! Now THAT''S talking!
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:00:04 PM
..if it was warm, she wouldn''t wear much more..
9.gif
i think i lourve her
26.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Christa,

You are stunning and not at all what I pictured (I was thinking mid-western looking dark hair, glasses).

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
christa, the you pic is so cute!
i resized it for you (and even tested it out
31.gif
)
so if you want, you can just save this pic and reaname it to use as your avatar.
28.gif

christalittlesmaller1.JPG

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
This thread inspired me to change my avatar...very silly, but just had to share.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:13:03 PM
Author: belle

Date: 9/15/2006 4:00:04 PM
..if it was warm, she wouldn''t wear much more..
9.gif
i think i lourve her
26.gif
Where have all the raspberry women gone?

raspberryberet.jpg

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Belle! Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I''ll try it out when I get a minute to mess with it.

KimberlyH, thanks for the compliment! Funny the pictures we get in our minds, isn''t it? Actually I''m not sure what midwestern-looking would be, but I''m clear out here on the west coast.
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:33:33 PM
Author: KimberlyH
This thread inspired me to change my avatar...very silly, but just had to share.
yeah....

is there anything that might inspire you to change it back?
9.gif
35.gif
9.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:33:33 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Ooh, I like it! Showcases the bling in a very memorable way!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man, I thought I was being chic, but a coon hat? I can''t win!

Christa, I have to say, I love your current avatar...your dog speaks to me in a voice that a mexican guy might say in a western movie...

I notice Febbride''s this morning...I''ve seen it before but that animation always cracks me up.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe this one is better? Roach a-la-Prince?

roach2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results