shape
carat
color
clarity

Your 5 most pretty CS rings

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Difficult to choose, however, here you go, selected from my current CS ring collection:
IMAG1998.jpg
On my wedding finger from the bottom: my mum's Ruby cabochon, my Ruby heart and Gene's Tourmaline.
On my middle finger: RH Amethyst with trillions by Doug Menadue, JD's blue Zircon heart.
DK :))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread and love seeing favorites of so many PSers who have collections I dream about in one place. IMG_20180530_222027.jpg
After narrowing it down to 10, it was hard to pick 5 but I ended up with these because of the color combinations and settings which make them pretty and fun to wear.
L-R Top
- Spess surrounded by mint garnets and pink spinels designed with and made by Yvonne
- Paraiba cluster ring. My first serious CS ring that started it all. I should have stopped here as it's still a favorite and the elusive hunt for more Windex blue has been very expensive as I ended up learning about all the types of CS out there and had to have :geek2:
- Moonstone with hauynes in Yvonne's Camilla setting. The style remains my favorite for oval stones and while not ideal in translucency, the moonstone blue flashes are a perfect match with the pure blue hauynes.
- Malaya garnet set with kornerupines and diamonds in a custom setting I designed with Yvonne. Soft pinks aren't my color but I love the trichroic kornerupines which make this fun to wear.
Bottom
- My trio of flower rings -pink spinel, hauynes, emeralds, in a modification of Yvonne's two flower pattern. Excuse me for counting as one as I wear them to form a flower chain that goes across three fingers (to do this, the hauyne flowers go in the opposite direction)

Gorgeous rings. I love that you wear the the flower rings in a chain. So fun! I only have one so I guess I’ll need to bump that up. :D

Your paraiba ring is one of my favorites. I can’t remember how that ring came to be. Did you buy it as is or have it designed?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Difficult to choose, however, here you go, selected from my current CS ring collection:
IMAG1998.jpg
On my wedding finger from the bottom: my mum's Ruby cabochon, my Ruby heart and Gene's Tourmaline.
On my middle finger: RH Amethyst with trillions by Doug Menadue, JD's blue Zircon heart.

That blue green tourmaline ring is gorgeous! What a great design for that shape.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze , what a great collection! I just st love your star and your large sapphire ring!

@StephanieLynn , such beautiful pinks! That JuliaB ring is amazingly pretty!

@Catmom, your opal ring is so grand and really has such a festive presence. It’s impossible not to be taken into it!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondsareagirls , that ring is amazing, big and extra special!

@NKOTB , your spess ring is a dream piece. It’s a heart breaker!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed , I love your blue tanzanite ring. That color!

@Limosun, such a great moonstone ring. Love the style and dreaminess of it!

@dk168 , love your ruby cabochon! So luscious and glam!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was so so hard but here is my top 5 in no particular order!

20180601_102931.jpg
1. Bespoke Gems sapphire - I went to see Doug about an oval and walked out with this. I'm funny about blues and this was an intriguing blue that won me over.

2. JD tourmaline - I've wanted an asccher in like forever. Green asccher in rose gold is all my dreams come true! The cut is mesmerising.

3. Yellow diamond ring by DBL - my ring of a lifetime. This was an indulgent purchase and I love it. Total movie star ring!

4. JD Chrysoberyl - saw this stone and sent JD a bunch of incoherent messages about it praying it hadn't sold already. The very affordable totally fancy setting was such a bonus.

5. Ruby heart - I loooooove heart shaped stones and just had to have this. I wouldn't have been happy with a ruby in any other shape. It's so cute and makes me smile.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings. I love that you wear the the flower rings in a chain. So fun! I only have one so I guess I’ll need to bump that up. :D

Your paraiba ring is one of my favorites. I can’t remember how that ring came to be. Did you buy it as is or have it designed?
Hi Elle -

Here's a picture I posted before of them worn together (to form the chain, the middle one needs to go the other direction)

IMG_20170603_113523.jpg

I bought the paraiba ring as is but it was designed for the stones. I wasn't into CS (or expensive jewlery for the most part) and was killing time while my friend was talking to the jeweler, who she knew. The stones were so surreal that I asked if they were synthetic. It took me many revisits, and a significant price drop, to buy it...it seemed like a lot of money for a ring that people were going to think was fake :lol: Having seen nothing quite like these stones IRL since, I'm glad I did. So thank you (it means a lot coming from a paraiba aficianado).

The jeweler made 4 rings of the same style from the same parcel of stones. One was bought by the seller of the parcel and one went to his mother. I bought the 3rd. Later, I asked what happened to the 4th ring - he still had it and agreed to turn it into a pendant for me (quite affordably since it was the runt of the litter lacking the true wi)

Thank you BlueGemz - the moonstone really is one of my favorite rings for that reason. I love sitting at a stoplight and watching the blue sheen dance across it. I don't know how you and others can pick 5 since I know you all have such amazing collections.

Last edited:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMAG1998.jpg

Love the blue green especially! What a great collection you have ❤️

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20180601_102931.jpg
1. Bespoke Gems sapphire - I went to see Doug about an oval and walked out with this. I'm funny about blues and this was an intriguing blue that won me over.

2. JD tourmaline - I've wanted an asccher in like forever. Green asccher in rose gold is all my dreams come true! The cut is mesmerising.

3. Yellow diamond ring by DBL - my ring of a lifetime. This was an indulgent purchase and I love it. Total movie star ring!

4. JD Chrysoberyl - saw this stone and sent JD a bunch of incoherent messages about it praying it hadn't sold already. The very affordable totally fancy setting was such a bonus.

5. Ruby heart - I loooooove heart shaped stones and just had to have this. I wouldn't have been happy with a ruby in any other shape. It's so cute and makes me smile.

I love your ruby heart! I didn't used to like heart shaped stones until I got a heart shaped diamond. They have grown on me lol.

Oh and I'm not forgetting that yellow diamond ring. It is amazing!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMAG1998.jpg

Love the hearts!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread and love seeing favorites of so many PSers who have collections I dream about in one place. IMG_20180530_222027.jpg
After narrowing it down to 10, it was hard to pick 5 but I ended up with these because of the color combinations and settings which make them pretty and fun to wear.
L-R Top
- Spess surrounded by mint garnets and pink spinels designed with and made by Yvonne
- Paraiba cluster ring. My first serious CS ring that started it all. I should have stopped here as it's still a favorite and the elusive hunt for more Windex blue has been very expensive as I ended up learning about all the types of CS out there and had to have :geek2:
- Moonstone with hauynes in Yvonne's Camilla setting. The style remains my favorite for oval stones and while not ideal in translucency, the moonstone blue flashes are a perfect match with the pure blue hauynes.
- Malaya garnet set with kornerupines and diamonds in a custom setting I designed with Yvonne. Soft pinks aren't my color but I love the trichroic kornerupines which make this fun to wear.
Bottom
- My trio of flower rings -pink spinel, hauynes, emeralds, in a modification of Yvonne's two flower pattern. Excuse me for counting as one as I wear them to form a flower chain that goes across three fingers (to do this, the hauyne flowers go in the opposite direction)
Beautiful collection!! Your taste in rings is so broad. I love that each single ring is different from the other designs and stones. I love all your rings, especially the Paraiba ring. It’s so stunning and unique.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 : as you know, I love your entire collection. Really nice to see which rings you have selected. It was probably not easy to make a choice. Your mum’s cab ruby is amazing. What a stunner. I also love your Richard Homer ring a lot because of the modern classic vibe. Beautiful heart shape rings too!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love how yellow is the center of your high end selection @mellowyellowgirl
Each of your rings would feel right at home in a very chique jewelry store. And yet each of your ring is super wearable. Gorgeous pieces!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these bursts of colours!!!! WOW!!!! I need to start wearing my CS rings more.

I'm actually wearing one today. But will go dig out the rest of my collection.

33366C0C-E632-4025-BCEF-DBBDE4B0577F.jpeg 0E6360CD-E68A-4CCC-B440-D52B3CE90F3E.jpeg
Gorgeous seafoam blue! Looking forward to see the rest of your selection.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20180601_102931.jpg

How in the world have I not seen that yellow diamond ring before? It is crazy gorgeous!
That green tourmaline is stunning. Those crisp edges. :love: I love that you paired it with rose gold. Delicious!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Elle -

Here's a picture I posted before of them worn together (to form the chain, the middle one needs to go the other direction)

IMG_20170603_113523.jpg

I bought the paraiba ring as is but it was designed for the stones. I wasn't into CS (or expensive jewlery for the most part) and was killing time while my friend was talking to the jeweler, who she knew. The stones were so surreal that I asked if they were synthetic. It took me many revisits, and a significant price drop, to buy it...it seemed like a lot of money for a ring that people were going to think was fake :lol: Having seen nothing quite like these stones IRL since, I'm glad I did. So thank you (it means a lot coming from a paraiba aficianado).

The jeweler made 4 rings of the same style from the same parcel of stones. One was bought by the seller of the parcel and one went to his mother. I bought the 3rd. Later, I asked what happened to the 4th ring - he still had it and agreed to turn it into a pendant for me (quite affordably since it was the runt of the litter lacking the true wi)

Thank you BlueGemz - the moonstone really is one of my favorite rings for that reason. I love sitting at a stoplight and watching the blue sheen dance across it. I don't know how you and others can pick 5 since I know you all have such amazing collections.

Thank you for posting that pic. They look so cute that way! :love:

Love your story about buying your paraiba ring. What luck to find it in an actual B&M store. I can’t blame you for thinking they were fake. That’s a color intensity you don’t see every day. :lol-2: I’m glad you bought both pieces because you just don’t find paraiba of that quality around anymore. Well, at least not at non millionaire prices. :shock::lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Acinom hehe could you tell they were photographed on an upside down cake tin :lol:

@elle_71125 I bought that yellow diamond ring in 2014. I'm not sure I even knew of the coloured stone thread back then! I get asked all the time if it's a real ring :D
Should take it to show that crazy diamond bloke! Tell him it is indeed diamond :dance:

@Catmom I LOVE heart shapes! I missed out on a tsavorite heart from JD a few months ago. Probably a good thing as it would have cost a bit to set but it was greeeeeen, the perfect heart shape and well priced.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
B20F9AA3-092C-461F-BA9B-C0157A4A5373.jpeg
Finally got a 5-ring picture so I can play! :wavey:
In no particular order: DK floral ring with Winza ruby and Russian demantoid garnets and French cut diamonds in rose gold. Umba pink sapphire 6.5 mm (almost a ruby, not photographing true to color here) from Precision Gem set in “Resistance” design by Elle-TGP executed by DK. Lovely Mehenge spinel also cut by Gene, set with diamond butterflies thanks to a fellow PS’er. “Beautiful in every light” Sri Lankan cornflower blue sapphire from Precision Gem, in a YG halo setting by my local jeweler. Sweet high crown Tanzanian raspberry rhodolite garnet by Gary Braun at Finewater, in an antique setting found on LoupeTroop with a new head added by my local jeweler.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The choice may change tomorrow, but... SmartSelect_20180601-154445_Instagram.jpg
Mahenge

SmartSelect_20180601-154723_Instagram.jpg

Tanzanian spinel (possibly also Mahenge SmartSelect_20180601-154558_Instagram.jpg )

Brazilian Alexandrite (needs another setting) SmartSelect_20180601-154526_Instagram.jpg
Untreated ruby SmartSelect_20180601-154658_Instagram.jpg

Untreated sapphire

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The choice may change tomorrow, but... SmartSelect_20180601-154445_Instagram.jpg
Mahenge

Tanzanian spinel (possibly also Mahenge SmartSelect_20180601-154558_Instagram.jpg )

Brazilian Alexandrite (needs another setting) SmartSelect_20180601-154526_Instagram.jpg

Untreated sapphire

As always, BIG WOW. Amazing gems. Beautiful rings.

cheers--Sharon

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B20F9AA3-092C-461F-BA9B-C0157A4A5373.jpeg
Finally got a 5-ring picture so I can play! :wavey:
In no particular order: DK floral ring with Winza ruby and Russian demantoid garnets and French cut diamonds in rose gold. Umba pink sapphire 6.5 mm (almost a ruby, not photographing true to color here) from Precision Gem set in “Resistance” design by Elle-TGP executed by DK. Lovely Mehenge spinel also cut by Gene, set with diamond butterflies thanks to a fellow PS’er. “Beautiful in every light” Sri Lankan cornflower blue sapphire from Precision Gem, in a YG halo setting by my local jeweler. Sweet high crown Tanzanian raspberry rhodolite garnet by Gary Braun at Finewater, in an antique setting found on LoupeTroop with a new head added by my local jeweler.

It’s so nice to see that ruby and demantoid ring again. I’ve missed it! Love all of your rings but that mahenge with the butterfly setting so beautiful! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mahenge

Untreated sapphire

Dang girl. How can I be expected to pick a favorite from that group? They are all so gorgeous! The mahenge spinel and three stone spinel rings are just perfection. All of your rings are so beautifully saturated. :kiss2:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's tough narrowing them to 5, but here goes.
Ruby, star sapphire, light blue sapphire, spinel and pink sapphire, all unheated/untreated and from Mogok. All courtesy of my current stint in Myanmar.
20180531_024644.jpg 20180531_024626.jpg

I don't know why, but your spinel is new to me. I love it!! Wow, that color. I was trying to decide between the star and the spinel, and the spinel won. Gorgeous ring.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180530_174236.jpg

From left to right: Cleo ring in RG with Paraiba and Hauynite, Camellia ring in RG with lagoon tourmaline, mint garnet and hauynite, Gatsby ring in platinum with Tsavorite, Paraiba and hauynite, antique halo ring in platinum with light blue sapphire and diamond melee and lastly, Lily ring in WG with Paraiba cab, lavender sapphire and hauynite. All by Yvonne Raley, of course :)

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but just wanted to say I love how you used Hauynite as part of your melee in those beautiful, original rings. I've always been fascinated by that stone. I heard that they closed off the gravel area where it's mined and there will be no more. So sad.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20180601_102931.jpg

That's it!! The yellow diamond ring is totally YOU! I love it! I've read so many of your fun posts and enjoyed them and this bright, shiny, over the top ring screams "mellowyellowgirl"!! What a fancy ring.:clap::clap:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As always, BIG WOW. Amazing gems. Beautiful rings.

cheers--Sharon

I can't top what @elle_71125 said, there aren't any more words for your collection. I'm in awe of the color, the saturation and the settings. Everything I want in a stone. Thank you for posting these and reminding me that there is a holy grail.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results