shape
carat
color
clarity

Your 5 most pretty CS rings

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's tough narrowing them to 5, but here goes.
Ruby, star sapphire, light blue sapphire, spinel and pink sapphire, all unheated/untreated and from Mogok. All courtesy of my current stint in Myanmar.
20180531_024644.jpg 20180531_024626.jpg
Such glamorous pieces and also with such an elegant use of diamonds for the setting. Thanks for sharing yout beauties!!!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Acinom thanks, yes Edwardian I believe :praise:

Your rings are swoon-worthy, and everyone's rings are so beautiful and colourful. :love:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180530_174236.jpg

From left to right: Cleo ring in RG with Paraiba and Hauynite, Camellia ring in RG with lagoon tourmaline, mint garnet and hauynite, Gatsby ring in platinum with Tsavorite, Paraiba and hauynite, antique halo ring in platinum with light blue sapphire and diamond melee and lastly, Lily ring in WG with Paraiba cab, lavender sapphire and hauynite. All by Yvonne Raley, of course :)

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
788CB030-D12E-4DF4-8908-CE530B33DE77.jpeg E163B4D7-C510-4DF2-997E-54B9D0FE84C6.jpeg
Your pieces are beautiful! Can we have some more info? Also I like it as a pendant have to say.
I'm not posting as I only have one, il come back to post on this thread in 5 years!:lol:

Aw thank you so much :) I guess I should try and get used to pendants,

The deets - tanzanite trillion and the other two are tourmalines! All different vendors but lovely. ! I have two other tourmaline rings coming which will definitely be favourites. And help me complete my top 5!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed : fabulous pieces!!! beautiful colors and settings. I love your pendant by the way! I would leave it as is.

@meely : the number of 5 is the maximum. Please share your number 1 favourite now...
Thanks for your kind words. What would have been your top 5 of my pieces?

Thank you Acinom! I will most probably keep it a pendant :) I just keep oscillating !

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180530_174236.jpg

From left to right: Cleo ring in RG with Paraiba and Hauynite, Camellia ring in RG with lagoon tourmaline, mint garnet and hauynite, Gatsby ring in platinum with Tsavorite, Paraiba and hauynite, antique halo ring in platinum with light blue sapphire and diamond melee and lastly, Lily ring in WG with Paraiba cab, lavender sapphire and hauynite. All by Yvonne Raley, of course :)
Gorgeous!!! I love how you have played with CS melee. Stunning colour play in your rings. And I love how Yvonne creates such beautiful floral inspired pieces

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
788CB030-D12E-4DF4-8908-CE530B33DE77.jpeg E163B4D7-C510-4DF2-997E-54B9D0FE84C6.jpeg

The deets - tanzanite trillion and the other two are tourmalines! All different vendors but lovely. ! I have two other tourmaline rings coming which will definitely be favourites. And help me complete my top 5!
Yum! Looking forward to see your new pieces

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! I love how you have played with CS melee. Stunning colour play in your rings. And I love how Yvonne creates such beautiful floral inspired pieces
Thank you so much, Acinom :) I agree that her floral collection is inspired. Her pieces provide a nice touch of luxury to my casual retirement wardrobe :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
356177C6-47BE-497C-AE35-133E1F173C10.jpeg View attachment 630449 A230C5EB-39BE-4170-A020-6435E62BDA90.jpeg 1C03583C-96DE-4C5F-BF91-8FF65C6DFAAC.jpeg 267C5BE4-8F96-4EED-BDF4-F2B0362D659D.jpeg F9341F2C-8784-4731-B285-5C6FC63BE535.jpeg 27610AEA-868F-4DCB-BFBE-75281C6C35EF.jpeg
Ok I’ll add in my favorite but it was hard to narrow down because I love them all for various reasons. I realize that I don’t have a huge color range in rings...mostly blues, blue/lavender, and greens. I also tend towards rounds, ovals and cabochons. My only stone with corners is the Topaz one

First is an aquamarine and 18k white gold and diamond ring. It is a part of a set with earrings which came from a generations old jeweler in Rome. What I love about it is the size and the style.

Next is my Colombian emerald ring with diamonds and 18k gold. Emeralds look terrible in my pics, so this does not capture the true color vividness of the stone. I haven’t gotten around to repairing two prongs on it yet.

Next is a handmade ring for a Brazilian topaz. I call it my ‘shard’ ring, and I love the soft colors and setting contrasted with the dramatic, sharp shape.

This doesn’t count really, but it’s my E ring, a mid toned Ceylon sapphire.

Finally, my 2 star sapphire rings. The large one is an Art Deco piece. This is my favorite because of the diamond work and size, though the other is more ‘perfect’. I just LOVE star stones.

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
356177C6-47BE-497C-AE35-133E1F173C10.jpeg View attachment 630449 A230C5EB-39BE-4170-A020-6435E62BDA90.jpeg 1C03583C-96DE-4C5F-BF91-8FF65C6DFAAC.jpeg 267C5BE4-8F96-4EED-BDF4-F2B0362D659D.jpeg F9341F2C-8784-4731-B285-5C6FC63BE535.jpeg 27610AEA-868F-4DCB-BFBE-75281C6C35EF.jpeg
Ok I’ll add in my favorite but it was hard to narrow down because I love them all for various reasons.i realize that I don’t have a huge color range in rings...mostly blues, blue/purples, and greens.

First is an aquamarine and 18k white gold and diamond ring. It is a part of a set with earrings which came from a generations old jeweler in Rome. What I love about it is the size and the style.

Next is my Colombian emerald ring with diamonds and 18k gold. Emeralds look terrible in my pics, so this does not capture the true color vividness of the stone. I haven’t gotten around to repairing two prongs on it yet.

Next is a handmade ring for a Brazilian topaz. I call it my ‘shard’ ring, and I love the soft colors and setting contrasted with the dramatic, sharp shape.

Finally, my 2 star sapphire rings. The large one is an Art Deco piece. This is my favorite because of the diamond work and size, though the other is more ‘perfect’. I just LOVE star stones.

Gorgeous rings but gosh if that's a bad photo of your emerald it must be absolutely amazing in person! :love:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad you started this thread! Here are my 5 prettiest CS rings (in my opinion, of course). :mrgreen2:

45DFE1BF-E479-4230-81B5-7DFFF7C1D5FD.jpeg

1. My paraiba ring with a pink spinel halo in a David Klass setting. Nothing beats a paraiba in my book. That beautiful glowing Caribbean water vibe. :kiss2: I adore the contrast between the pink and the turquoise. I wear this one a lot!

2. My newest David Klass creation is also one of my prettiest. A bright green tsavorite in a unique floral halo. The green just pops in person and is a real stand out in my collection.

3. Teal tourmaline ring by David Klass. I love the color of this tourmaline. The perfect mix of blue and green. It was one of my first purchases and I had David set it in almost a full carat of diamonds. It’s gorgeously blingy.

4. My Mahenge spinel ring from CvB Inspired Designs. The Sienna solitaire is just perfection. It’s so light and delicate but with so many small details. Plus, it has that 3ct mahenge going for it. :kiss2:

5. My David Klass paraiba ring. This is truly a work of art. Just a lot of glowy goodness. I am crazy about this ring and I’m so grateful to @SparkliesLuver for giving her permission to use the design.

I’m shocked big blue didn’t make the top 5!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love pendants but I get that not everyone does! Think of it as getting more bling on when you run out of finger estate! Looking forward to seeing your tourmalines!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DCB8F8F8-5B5B-4C25-A00F-CA0E69E33F06.jpeg Love this time of year, when the sun actually comes out! I still haven’t set some of my favourite stones, but I think these are my current top 5 rings.

Mahenge spinel set by my hubby, spess garnet from Prima in a copy of miraclesrule’s ring, heated Burmese ruby ring, violet sapphire and emerald both from Gene in settings by DK (one designed by Elle at TGP, one by me).

Incredible drool worthy collection ! Oh wow I want that emerald ring... and how! *heart ache*

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love pendants but I get that not everyone does! Think of it as getting more bling on when you run out of finger estate! Looking forward to seeing your tourmalines!

Hehe I love that kind of thinking :D

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings but gosh if that's a bad photo of your emerald it must be absolutely amazing in person! :love:
Thank you, Meely! Much appreciated. :) It is very frustrating trying to capture the emerald on photo...I have heard others complain of this also. I have no idea why. The stone is richer and more saturated and the green is a bit different, maybe a touch more blue rather than yellow green in life, but this is the closest representation I could get.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous selection @Bluegemz !!!
Beautiful signature pieces. My personal favourite is the large star sapphire. Amazing find!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I’ll add in my favorite but it was hard to narrow down because I love them all for various reasons. I realize that I don’t have a huge color range in rings...mostly blues, blue/lavender, and greens. I also tend towards rounds, ovals and cabochons. My only stone with corners is the Topaz one

@Bluegemz you have an amazing collection of jewels! I can't pick a favorite of the ones posted.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That emerald is totally drool worthy! :drool: I love your e-ring too. It looks so bright!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m shocked big blue didn’t make the top 5!

I know. It was a really tough decision. I guess that means it would have been on your top 5 then. :mrgreen2:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know. It was a really tough decision. I guess that means it would have been on your top 5 then. :mrgreen2:

Oh yes, but I do see you’re spoil for choice there! Would you mind sharing where you got the blue tourmaline with the big diamonds halo that did make it to your top 5? One of earlier pieces I think before we e-met each other

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so fun, I love seeing all the beautiful jewels.

Here are mine, obviously I have a color preference lol!

1. Pink sapphire in white gold Daisy ring from Julia B.

2. Mahenge Spinel in scalloped setting by Yvonne Raley.

3. Antique pink sapphire and OMC diamond starburst pin/pendant in rose gold.

4. Art Deco platinum pink sapphire ring with single cut diamonds (the two rings are soldered together)

Side note, I'm going to reset the mahenge next year since the setting has oxidized on me, apparently I can't wear silver!

IMG_2516.jpg IMG_2846.JPG IMG_6631.JPG IMG_2868.JPG

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

4. Art Deco platinum pink sapphire ring with single cut diamonds (the two rings are soldered together)

Side note, I'm going to reset the mahenge next year since the setting has oxidized on me, apparently I can't wear silver!

Wow!! Such lively and vibrant pieces. I love your preference for pink and your choice of settings.
The starburst piece is spectacular.
I actually love the contrast of the saturated mahenge and the oxidized silver.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, but I do see you’re spoil for choice there! Would you mind sharing where you got the blue tourmaline with the big diamonds halo that did make it to your top 5? One of earlier pieces I think before we e-met each other

I am spoiled for choices. Once I put them all together, I realized just how many I have...and I selfishly don't want to stop getting new ones. That blue green tourmaline was a lucky find. I got that from Jason Brim off a facebook group. :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Acinom, your collection is by far some of my favorite on PS, stuff I could only dream about.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful collection, StephanieLynn <3 I really like the oxidized silver on Yvonne's ring. Would have thought it was on purpose, had you not said otherwise!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz, I love your color palette with all of those soft blues and lavenders plus that awesome emerald! Makes me wish I had the finger real estate to wear those larger rings :) Yvonne just sold a beautiful star sapphire that made me think of you!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so glad you started this thread! Here are my 5 prettiest CS rings (in my opinion, of course). :mrgreen2:

45DFE1BF-E479-4230-81B5-7DFFF7C1D5FD.jpeg

1. My paraiba ring with a pink spinel halo in a David Klass setting. Nothing beats a paraiba in my book. That beautiful glowing Caribbean water vibe. :kiss2: I adore the contrast between the pink and the turquoise. I wear this one a lot!

2. My newest David Klass creation is also one of my prettiest. A bright green tsavorite in a unique floral halo. The green just pops in person and is a real stand out in my collection.

3. Teal tourmaline ring by David Klass. I love the color of this tourmaline. The perfect mix of blue and green. It was one of my first purchases and I had David set it in almost a full carat of diamonds. It’s gorgeously blingy.

4. My Mahenge spinel ring from CvB Inspired Designs. The Sienna solitaire is just perfection. It’s so light and delicate but with so many small details. Plus, it has that 3ct mahenge going for it. :kiss2:

5. My David Klass paraiba ring. This is truly a work of art. Just a lot of glowy goodness. I am crazy about this ring and I’m so grateful to @SparkliesLuver for giving her permission to use the design.

Elle, I lust after your Paraiba rings whenever I see them, so gorgeous! Love the Mahenge spinel and the new tsavorite ring too :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, I lust after your Paraiba rings whenever I see them, so gorgeous! Love the Mahenge spinel and the new tsavorite ring too :)

Thank you Leslie. :kiss2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I obviously can't follow directions, just noticed it was supposed to be rings! Sorry!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread and love seeing favorites of so many PSers who have collections I dream about in one place. IMG_20180530_222027.jpg
After narrowing it down to 10, it was hard to pick 5 but I ended up with these because of the color combinations and settings which make them pretty and fun to wear.
L-R Top
- Spess surrounded by mint garnets and pink spinels designed with and made by Yvonne
- Paraiba cluster ring. My first serious CS ring that started it all. I should have stopped here as it's still a favorite and the elusive hunt for more Windex blue has been very expensive as I ended up learning about all the types of CS out there and had to have :geek2:
- Moonstone with hauynes in Yvonne's Camilla setting. The style remains my favorite for oval stones and while not ideal in translucency, the moonstone blue flashes are a perfect match with the pure blue hauynes.
- Malaya garnet set with kornerupines and diamonds in a custom setting I designed with Yvonne. Soft pinks aren't my color but I love the trichroic kornerupines which make this fun to wear.
Bottom
- My trio of flower rings -pink spinel, hauynes, emeralds, in a modification of Yvonne's two flower pattern. Excuse me for counting as one as I wear them to form a flower chain that goes across three fingers (to do this, the hauyne flowers go in the opposite direction)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results