shape
carat
color
clarity

Your 2016 Bling Project?

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One down, two to go!! :appl: (according to my original list anyway ;-) )

My 1st project of 2016 is done. I'll do a SMTB thread with more pics, info and stats once I have it in hand, it'll be on it's way home soon. DK just sent me the first photos and wanted to share a couple :love:

Also, I decided I want to upgrade my ering, so three projects still to go for 2016, just need to sell my original first as I can't afford both.

I consider this pendant my first heirloom piece and can't wait to add a few more :bigsmile:

Anyone else making progress on their 2016 jewelry goals?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1453848482|3982000 said:
diamondseeker2006|1453608970|3980581 said:
Your mom has good taste...like her daughter! lol! You need a bigger pendant anyway!

Gosh, a 3+ ct OEC in F-G color, VS clarity is going to have a hefty price tag and be hard to find, too! Or would this be a second ring and lower color? Sounds wonderful, regardless! :love:

Hi DS, if I do seriously consider an OEC it would probably be K or J. And I would have to do a trade in. I would want a 3 plus carat so I would have to give up my MRB. Are you glad you traded in for an OEC type stone? I am concerned I would miss the sparkle of an MRB. I think I should start with a small AVR or OEC on my finger so I can see if I like the sparkle.

Sorry I am just now seeing this! I have to tell you that my AVR has as good or better light return than an ideal cut mrb. I am going to say yes, I do love my stone and am glad I made the change. But going to I color was hard after having F-H. So I can't really see you happy with J-K coming from an F, but maybe I-J. OECs will vary a lot on light return, so that is a little harder to assess unless you just send for stones that interest you and evaluate them in person.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not exactly bling yet and not for me either, but my first bling project is to cab up this chunk of Pink Sapphire that my wife got me for Christmas. As to what will happen from there I have no idea and it's probably not going to be the finest finished product ever but it's my project!!

Just gotta move house before I can get back down to the gem club ;(

20151225_0.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread! Love seeing what's coming up on PS. :dance:

Technically I already have two pieces under construction that I am waiting for delivery from my jeweller - a rose gold pendant with two brilliant-cut zircons in slim bezel. One is rose/champagne pink, the other creamy white so they should compliment each other nicely! Simple dangly drops one above the other for a subtle classic necklace I can wear every day.

Second one I'm waiting on is a yellow gold 3 stone Moonstone ring. I purchased a nice fat oval cabochon in 2014 at a gem show then only recently realised I already had two slimmer ovals in my collection that would match reasonably well. Very simple design but the blue flash in the stones is very showy so can't wait to have that on my hand! :love:

As Dec 2016 is our TENTH wedding anniversary :naughty: I am also hoping to get started on one more significant project before we have kids/no money. I already have a beautiful 3 stone EC champagne Zircon ring which I adore so I pretty much want the exact same thing BUT with a purple centre stone. So thinking a 10x8mm Bespoke cut EC amethyst with 6x8mm topaz or zircons sides in yellow gold.... :lickout:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
My bling goal of 2016 is to get some of my stones set. So far I've gotten my .90 ACA set, I had my GOG protoype set, but ended up taking it back out of the setting, got my tsav and sapphire pairs set into earrings, and last week got my favorite unheated tanzanite set. Still got a bunch more to go!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Just one item: wedding bands for me and my fiancé.

We are paying for our wedding. We are also selling our separate homes and buying a new home together. So all available funds are earmarked for those major projects :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1455582063|3991409 said:
My bling goal of 2016 is to get some of my stones set. So far I've gotten my .90 ACA set, I had my GOG protoype set, but ended up taking it back out of the setting, got my tsav and sapphire pairs set into earrings, and last week got my favorite unheated tanzanite set. Still got a bunch more to go!

UnheatedTanzRing.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread!

1. Diamond studs are a work in progress. :appl:

2. I’d also like a simple 18k yg necklace to go with a new 18k yg hand engraved ring we bought while celebrating our anniversary in Italy a couple of weeks ago. I’m thinking maybe just a single diamond station necklace but if I go that route I’d really love to do an OEC, AVR or AVC so I really need to evaluate the budget before going crazy! :shock:

3. Would also love another bracelet to layer with my tennis bracelet but also having a hard time deciding whether I want a DBTY style or a VCA sweet piece.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love this thread! You all have such amazing projects! For me, its more a wishlist than a project, but I would really like larger stud diamond earrings and an eternity band to go with my engagement ring :)
My 10 year list includes a large yellow pear shaped diamond for a necklace. Oh well. Probably more like a 20 year project as I would like a really big one, LOL. But if I win the lottery (kind of hard to do as I'm not playing..)... :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean said:
IN PROGRESS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Waiting to hear back from BGD and IDJ...

:naughty: :Up_to_something:

Here's a hint - looks like MICKEY MOUSE!
image_432.jpg
It's HEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!! I picked it up on Saturday, and have not tried it on yet. :wall: . Yes, my priorities aren't straight, right? When I do, I will get neck shots and formally post about it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1455740243|3992190 said:
PintoBean said:
IN PROGRESS!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Waiting to hear back from BGD and IDJ...

:naughty: :Up_to_something:

Here's a hint - looks like MICKEY MOUSE!
image_432.jpg
It's HEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!! I picked it up on Saturday, and have not tried it on yet. :wall: . Yes, my priorities aren't straight, right? When I do, I will get neck shots and formally post about it!

Ohh, that's BEAUTIFUL PintoBean!!! :lickout: Did you end up going with IDJ or BGD? Excited to hear the specs and see some perspective shots!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you acano! I ended up going through IDJ as a one stop shop.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1455743012|3992214 said:
Thank you acano! I ended up going through IDJ as a one stop shop.

Lovely! I'll be looking out for your SMTB thread! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um. I assure you, Pinto, that I most definitely do NOT see Mickey Mouse in that beauty :sun: :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie said:
Um. I assure you, Pinto, that I most definitely do NOT see Mickey Mouse in that beauty :sun: :bigsmile:
Continuing on the "disney" theme, just kidding!!!

Looking at Tiffany's website was a BIG MISTAKE! Now I want a PEAR DBTY in yellow gold. :nono: :nono: :nono:

DH wants to get me an apology gift, let's frame it more glass half full - DW appreciation gift. I was originally thinking about these:
http://www.costco.com/Round-Brilliant-1.00-ctw-VS2-Clarity%2c-I-Color-Diamond-14kt-White-Gold-Inside-Outside-34-Inch-Hoop-Earrings.product.100142460.html
I have $65 cash back from costco and a $50 GC I can tack on :)

Maybe the pear DBTY instead.

Now is it more flattering to have round inside out hoops or oval ones? Is the costco price as low as i can find for 1 ctw?

(maybe I get both...if I'm patient and save more :lickout: :loopy: )

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's happening! It's happening - Mickey Mouse is going to have a cousin!
I called IDJ and spoke with Yekutiel. I told him my budget is X. He goes, you don't have to spend that much - I have this diamond, and since it's a pear, I will be using the thinnest gold wire to make a sexy bezel. It will look like it's floating. HOLLER! :clap:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Its great to see all these individual projects coming to fruition. For me the decision making is tenuous at best, as I agonize over & over again on every single detail. So to have finally finished a project, is such a weight off my shoulders!

So, with that, I'm happy to report I did get my BGD Barbara Pendant today, & it turned out perfect. The chain arrived in the wrong length, (bummer) but other than that, it turned out well.

I set a 1.36 I VS OEC that I purchased from Dreamer (thanks Dreamer, I love it!) a few years back. I threw it into a plain bale pendant setting when I first got it, & finally pulled the trigger on the Barbara Pendent.

I had it set in platinum & ordered a rose bold chain as well so I could switch chains out as needed. I take horrible pics, so I'm sorry I don't have great eye candy for you! It's shown here with the incorrect chain length. Am to get the correct length next week. When son is home, I'll have him take some better pictures :)

img_10901.jpg

_36512.jpg

img_10902.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pinto, I can't wait to see what IDJ comes up with, as soon as you mentioned the pear at Tiffany, I googled it, it is really neat!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb said:
Pinto, I can't wait to see what IDJ comes up with, as soon as you mentioned the pear at Tiffany, I googled it, it is really neat!!
Me too! I'm hoping to get more responses on the pear images I posted earlier today..

Sarahb - your diamond is hard to photograph because it's super sparkly! That's a good thing :love: :love: :love:

I love the barbara! But no more sliding bezels for me! One reason why I opted for a stationary pendant is that a few years back, when I got my first pendant from BGD - one on a simple bale, I proceeded to lift it out of the box, unclasp it, and somehow, butterfingers or something, i dropped one end of the chain, and the diamond slid RIGHT OFF! Thank god it survived :lol: (it's long since been traded in with other stuff...) So Pinto butterfinger Bean must stick to mickey mouse settings :lol:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1456535669|3996329 said:
sarahb said:
Me too! I'm hoping to get more responses on the pear images I posted earlier today..

Sarahb - your diamond is hard to photograph because it's super sparkly! That's a good thing :love: :love: :love:

I love the barbara! But no more sliding bezels for me! One reason why I opted for a stationary pendant is that a few years back, when I got my first pendant from BGD - one on a simple bale, I proceeded to lift it out of the box, unclasp it, and somehow, butterfingers or something, i dropped one end of the chain, and the diamond slid RIGHT OFF! Thank god it survived :lol: (it's long since been traded in with other stuff...) So Pinto butterfinger Bean must stick to mickey mouse settings :lol:

PB, what kind of setting do you want for the pear, ala the Tiffany setting? I thought that Tiffany setting was really nice, not too dressy, almost sporty looking, suitable for every day wear. I loved it! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I hear you re pendants sliding off the chain, I am not vey coordinated with fine motor movements. Difficult for me to put on makeup, earrings & do buttons. But, I just learned today, that the Barbara Pendant does not slide off off the chain! So, if you want to change the chain from say, rose gold to platinum for example, you'd have to take it to a jeweler. They have it set that way as a fail safe measure, as Jamie explained from BGD. Which makes sense I guess. I went back & forth many times on a setting like yours & the Barbara, I love both!! But that pear halo, I cannot wait to see :lickout: especially if you set it like the Tiffany pear halo!! :love: :love: :love:

I went & looked at your pear image, did you post just 1 or maybe I missed others? I would be worried re the inclusions, but beyond that, I am not one for cut advise, so I'll have the watch to see what others say! :appl: :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahb,
That's an awesome safety feature of the Barbara! No wonder we don't have any threads about flying Barbara's :lol: !

Thanks for looking at my pear thread. I uploaded a pic of the diamond, black and white asets, and an ideal scope. I was told that it's eye clean :shock: .

As for the setting, no ears or else it might start resembling Pluto - ears and a pear shaped head :lol: :lol: :lol: . One suggestion I was given was for the chain to be fixed behind the tip, but not very low. I will ask to see some pics. The Tiffany's DBTY pendant has a tiny bale. Kinda reminds me of a pear's stem. :bigsmile:
http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/necklaces-pendants/elsa-peretti-diamonds-by-the-yard-pendant-32437702?fromGrid=1&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+288187-s+5-r+101297647-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+0-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+0+6&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=&trackpdp=bg&fromcid=288187

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yum! I love that Tiffany setting, but I'd want to go a bit larger than that .12!! :shock: Just a bit, not huge! It looks devine in rose gold too! :bigsmile:

I'm going to watch your threads & pear progress eagerly! :wavey: :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1453006452|3977118 said:
How fun! :appl:

I've posted elsewhere, but here are mine:

- 2 Cartier Love bracelets, one YG no diamond and one WG with four diamonds
- upgrade my IDJ 20 pt bracelet to one with 40 pts
- have started saving for my honker, an 8-10ct EC

There are other things, but those are on the top of my list. And I've wanted them for so long, they'd better happen in 2016! ;))

I'm revising my list! :))

I'd now like:

- 1 Cartier Love bracelet, in WG with 4 diamonds (am eyeing a diamond WG Perlee too in the future ;)) )
- I need to buy 20 pieces of 44pt E VS MRB diamonds, to make into a tennis bracelet (I have 10 pieces from another bracelet)
- a Richard Mille watch (to be honest, this will most likely not going to happen for several years; but a girl can dream, right?! ;)) )

Not upgrading my diamonds anymore! I may set Holly in a halo! :appl:

Q

Queenie60

So far this year - white south sea pearl strand, blue tahitian pearl strand, small hoop earrings from IDJ so that I can dangle my pearls from the hoops for the Kate Middleton look! (thank you Jamba and Bweaves!) Recently purchased a pair of diamond studs from IDJ. My next few things are - a solitaire pendant, dbty bracelet and earring jackets for my studs. And depending on my moods - not sure what else will pop up on my list of wants.

Q

Queenie60

sarahb|1456532801|3996313 said:
Its great to see all these individual projects coming to fruition. For me the decision making is tenuous at best, as I agonize over & over again on every single detail. So to have finally finished a project, is such a weight off my shoulders!

So, with that, I'm happy to report I did get my BGD Barbara Pendant today, & it turned out perfect. The chain arrived in the wrong length, (bummer) but other than that, it turned out well.

I set a 1.36 I VS OEC that I purchased from Dreamer (thanks Dreamer, I love it!) a few years back. I threw it into a plain bale pendant setting when I first got it, & finally pulled the trigger on the Barbara Pendent.

I had it set in platinum & ordered a rose bold chain as well so I could switch chains out as needed. I take horrible pics, so I'm sorry I don't have great eye candy for you! It's shown here with the incorrect chain length. Am to get the correct length next week. When son is home, I'll have him take some better pictures :)

Love your pendant Sarahb!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1459483490|4014035 said:

There are other things, but those are on the top of my list. And I've wanted them for so long, they'd better happen in 2016! ;))

I'd now like:

- 1 Cartier Love bracelet, in WG with 4 diamonds (am eyeing a diamond WG Perlee too in the future ;)) )
- I need to buy 20 pieces of 44pt E VS MRB diamonds, to make into a tennis bracelet (I have 10 pieces from another bracelet)
- a Richard Mille watch (to be honest, this will most likely not going to happen for several years; but a girl can dream, right?! ;)) )

Glad you decided upon a setting change for Holly--can't wait to see it! Your bracelet project sounds blingtastic, too! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1459510150|4014093 said:

I'd now like:

Glad you decided upon a setting change for Holly--can't wait to see it! Your bracelet project sounds blingtastic, too! :appl:

I've finally decided to tackle my DSS in the least expensive way, ha ha. Now, the issue is whom to go for - LM or VC? And do I have a round halo or a cushion-shaped one? Decision...decision....

Yes, the tennis bracelet will be fantastically blingy. The only issue is it's going to cost a huge amount of money, so this project may actually not happen in 2016 after all.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1459579481|4014469 said:
m-2-b|1459510150|4014093 said:

I'd now like:

I've finally decided to tackle my DSS in the least expensive way, ha ha. Now, the issue is whom to go for - LM or VC? And do I have a round halo or a cushion-shaped one? Decision...decision....

Yes, the tennis bracelet will be fantastically blingy. The only issue is it's going to cost a huge amount of money, so this project may actually not happen in 2016 after all.

Round halo ::) I always prefer when the halo shape matches the center shape though: it looks more deliberate to my eyes. Would you go with the same style of halo you've already got? Or are you looking for something different? :sun:

And oh my goodness, you know how I feel about the perlee!! :love: :love: ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1456532801|3996313 said:

SB your pendant is beautiful - and huge!! The Barbara is such a lovely, classic design, too :love:

Wear it in good health, it looks marvellous on you :appl: :sun:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah...love your new pendant!!! :love: You should have made a Show me the Bling thread for that!

Phoenix....good to see you and I look forward to seeing your projects!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results