shape
carat
color
clarity

Your 2016 Bling Project?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, Phoenix! You're going to need to eat lots of spinach and lift lots of weight to prep for those upgrades! :dance:
I saw Yekutiel's mom sporting a tennis bracelet with 30 pointers, which was wow!, so 40 pointers will really be va-va-VOOM! :love: :love: :love:

I agree with Yssie - I adore when the halo shape matches the center stone :love: !

I'm happy that my 3-prong bracelet is finished and that I got to see it in person on Sunday. It will be shipped together with Miami (the EC shaped like a Miami onion roll) when she is set. truth be told, I'm a bit bling overwhelmed right now - I didn't expect so much to happen, bling-wise, in the matter of months! This is it...for the next 4-5 years :naughty: :wacko: :lol: .

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto - I would love to meet you IRL one day ::) :bigsmile:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1459789990|4015282 said:
DITTO!!! :wavey: :dance:
I think you're in NY, no? If you are downstate, we should GTG! And if you are somewhere upstate, I'm really thinking about going to the Fingerlakes WIne Festival this year - that would be a cool meetup! Picture this "booze", bling, and an internet connection... nothing bad could come from that combo, right?

I was really thinking about the Vegas GTG this year, but Miami came along...!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459793892|4015313 said:
Yssie|1459789990|4015282 said:
DITTO!!! :wavey: :dance:
I think you're in NY, no? If you are downstate, we should GTG! And if you are somewhere upstate, I'm really thinking about going to the Fingerlakes WIne Festival this year - that would be a cool meetup! Picture this "booze", bling, and an internet connection... nothing bad could come from that combo, right?

I was really thinking about the Vegas GTG this year, but Miami came along...!

Oooh you definitely should!!!
We're upstate - believe it or not we've been here four years and still haven't made it to wine country during wine season ;( that'd make for a fantastic (possibly not terribly memorable, but fantastic!) GTG :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies are too sweet, m-2-b, Yssie, DS and PintoBean.

I was thinking that since I already have a round halo (my 2.656ct), maybe I should do a cushion-shaped halo for Holly, just for something different. But in all honestly, it'd be a huge waste to have two similar looking rings, albeit one much bigger than the other. So round halo it is!! Yay!! :appl:

Now, I have to decide if I want LM or VC to set Holly for me...hmm....

I really want to sell my 2.656ct and my 3ct to free up the funds to buy other things, including 20 (or so) 44pts and an RM watch. But with diamond prices being lower, I think it best that I wait for a while.

PintoBean, I think a 44pt tennis bracelet is going to quench my tennis bracelet thirst forever and ever, ha ha. One of my friends also has a 30pt bracelet and it's fantastically blingy. I can't imagine what one with 44pt's is going to look like! :love: :twirl:

Love seeing others' projects, including your new honker, Yssie. Woo hoo!!! :appl: I know it's going to be a fantastic ring; you're so creative and detailed, it's going to be an absolute knockout, I'm sure.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone doing with their lists? I seem to have bought quite a few items lately but only two from my list. Just goes to show how things can change.

From my list, I got the sun, moon, and stars silver and blue topaz necklace, and just this week I bought the Kiki McDonough pearl detachable drops.

Off-list, I've bought the yellow gold ice skate, the rose gold and diamond swallow, and a number of cheaper items from the rock and mineral jewelry store that I love so much.

Currently debating between the larger ice skate or some Kiki McDonough halo studs with peridot or maybe lavender amethyst. Or a pair of Kiki square detachables. Or forgetting all those (the more expensive items) for the moment and getting a bunch of the smaller items. I have no idea which way to turn. Delicious dilemma. :lickout:

So, it's May tomorrow. We are one-third through the year. What'cha buy, and have you stuck to The List?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1453065640|3977229 said:
1) Find my holy grail antique cushion (GIA H/I) and have it set in an Erika Winters masterpeice.
2) Possibly finally get my ears pierced and get a pair of antique diamond dangles
3) Obtain an antique diamond with SBF maybe set it in a pendant?
4) Find a set of antique french cuts/modified antique step cuts and set them in a band, another PSer found an actual antique band and I am coveting it SO hard.

Update on the above list:
1) Working on this one currently :) found and obtained my HFG cushion and she is soon to be sent to Erika Winters after the GIA re-cert
2) Working on this :razz:
3) Unsure of what cut I want to find.
4) On the back burner for now, he almost got this for me for our anniversary.

Other purchases off the list:
1) my husband bought me an Erika Winters lily band
2) bought a vintage french love charm that I adore.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
packrat|1453001103|3977072 said:
Resetting my chrysoberyl w/Erika.

hahahahayeaaaaaaah sooo all the farther I am is understanding that my self imposed budget isn't going to allow for working w/Erika so I will need to rethink how I want to proceed.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1453020926|3977171 said:
I have a big birthday coming up and although I have lots of pretty jewellery pieces I'd love a perfectly cut round diamond, just to top off my collection! Not sure the budget will stand a very big one but maybe a .8-.9 ct ACA in a pendant??

Well, I posted this, not really expecting it would happen, but my ACA pendant is now in my DH's possession, awaiting the big day! Have had a brief look at it and it's awesome :dance:

Will be posting lots of pics when I can finally wear it!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah ... :snooty: Yekutiel reminded me that I went to IDJ for a pear pendant and walked out with a tennis bracelet, band, and 4 ct EC.
I'm cutting myself off for 2016... But... I should order that topaz band I covet for my wedding anniversary in September. Then I'm really done. :hand: :pray: :think:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No money in my piggy bank!... ;(

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1459483490|4014035 said:
I'm revising my list! :))

I'd now like:

- 1 Cartier Love bracelet, in WG with 4 diamonds (am eyeing a diamond WG Perlee too in the future ;)) )
- I need to buy 20 pieces of 44pt E VS MRB diamonds, to make into a tennis bracelet (I have 10 pieces from another bracelet)
- a Richard Mille watch (to be honest, this will most likely not going to happen for several years; but a girl can dream, right?! ;)) )

Not upgrading my diamonds anymore! I may set Holly in a halo! :appl:

Off my revised list:

- Perlee clover diamond bracelet: check (though I got a RG one)
- 44pts diamonds: prob will have to postpone this til 2017 or even 2018. The Perlee has satiated my lust for a high end bracelet
- RM007 watch: working towards this now and hope to get it this year.

I'm feeling rather ambivalent about the Love now, now that I've got the Perlee. Maybe the reason I put off buying the Love for so long was/ is because I'm not totally in love with it. The same cannot be said for the Perlee - it was completely utterly love at first sight!! :love: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1462285780|4026529 said:
Phoenix|1459483490|4014035 said:
I'm revising my list! :))

I'd now like:

- 1 Cartier Love bracelet, in WG with 4 diamonds (am eyeing a diamond WG Perlee too in the future ;)) )
- I need to buy 20 pieces of 44pt E VS MRB diamonds, to make into a tennis bracelet (I have 10 pieces from another bracelet)
- a Richard Mille watch (to be honest, this will most likely not going to happen for several years; but a girl can dream, right?! ;)) )

Not upgrading my diamonds anymore! I may set Holly in a halo! :appl:

Off my revised list:

- Perlee clover diamond bracelet: check (though I got a RG one)
- 44pts diamonds: prob will have to postpone this til 2017 or even 2018. The Perlee has satiated my lust for a high end bracelet
- RM007 watch: working towards this now and hope to get it this year.

I'm feeling rather ambivalent about the Love now, now that I've got the Perlee. Maybe the reason I put off buying the Love for so long was/ is because I'm not totally in love with it. The same cannot be said for the Perlee - it was completely utterly love at first sight!! :love: :love: :love:

Pics of your new Perlee with wrist shots, please! :wavey: Also, any updates on Holly's reset?!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b, ha ha ha, pics coming up right now!!

Holly reset will most likely not going to happen til next yr. The problem is shipping it to the USA. It's just sooo problematic, dealing with all the paperwork, US Customs etc...I'm also still trying to find an excuse to go either to NY (am more inclined towards using LM) or California (VC is such a sweetie - I still haven't completely made up my mind yet).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a bad PS'er! I just realised I never posted details or pics of the pieces I acquired and/ or set this year...or maybe last year...well, recently anyway.

Okie, complete revised listing now:

1. Reset Holly: KIV for now
2. RM007: sooooo hoping this will happen in 2016 or latest 2017
3. Perlee RG clover bracelet: check
4. 44 pt diamonds: KIV for now
5. Love bracelet: might not happen at all now
6. Tennis/ line necklace: was not on the 2016 listing but have wanted it for some time now, but was not actively doing anything about it. Just happened that one of my best friends had one and I loved/love it sooo much, she agreed to let me exchange it with my loose multi-coloured diamonds + I topped some more $$$. This has an illusion setting which makes the diamonds (which I estimate to be 15pts each) look more like 20-25pts. It fits me so well too. So I decided not to go to the hassle of getting a brand new one, from a vendor.
7. Reset IDJ tennis bracelet into the same style as my new (to me) line necklace. This is a WIP, should be ready this month or next.
8. Two matching ruby+ diamond bangles: WIP, should be ready this or next month as well.
9. Bought and/ or set some coloured stones, including:
a. near-6ct tanzanite ring in WG & diamond halo. I absolutely love this one, it looks like a sapphire ring, without the $$$$$$ price tag! lol
b. a suite of rubellite/garnet halo'ed earrings and ring
c. a ring with centre green tourmaline and 2 side pink spinels
d. a near-3ct tsavorite pear: need to set this, maybe will ask David Klass
10. Misc pieces inclg eternity bands (2 yellow diamonds, 1 white, 1 ruby), pearls (bracelets, earrings / earring drops), diamond jackets for my 4.6cttw BGD studs...

That's it! Phew!! Wow, now that I've typed it all out, I am thinking that I could've bought a RM watch by now with all the money spent on all the other stuff!! Lol, never mind...am enjoying and wearing all of my pieces!! :appl:

Sooooo reeaaaallly not getting side-tracked any more. Need to keep an eye on the prize, aka RM007.

Will try and post pics soon...

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, scratch one off the bucket list.

I just ordered an Erika Winters band with french cuts...Eep! Now it's a seven week wait!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone's lists coming along?

It's amazing how fluid they are. I'm no longer interested in many of the pieces on mine. I've acquired other pieces not on the list, too. I did get the moon and stars necklace, and the Kiki pearls. I've dismissed many of the Kiki pieces on the grounds of bad value for money.

New list:
White gold and diamond large ice skate
Jude Frances turquoise wire-wrap earrings
Jude Frances rose quartz briolette earrings
Pear drop rubellite tourmaline pendant in local store
Pearl drop earrings from Tahitianpearls.biz
South Sea wire drop earrings from Tahitianpearls.biz
Blue akoya earring charms to be made by Pearl Paradise
Possibly London Blue and yellow gold London Blue ring in local store

Any updates to your lists? :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1453061143|3977189 said:
I shall concentrate on setting my CS purchases in 2015, mainly rings, perhaps a bangle too.

I am going to LA in July/August to attend the annual get-together for pearl enthusiasts, a trip that was 4 years in the planning. And yes, there will be a budget for pearl purchases. :naughty:

As for CS purchases, I only have one confirmed at the mo, a 6ct+ EC Aquamarine by Jeff White.

I may, just "may", have my near 2ct MRB from my mum re-cut by a renowned cutter into a super-ideal, pending on fund availability, as the trip to LA has soaked up a very large chunk of my savings!

DK :))

Well, mid year coming up , and I have deviated from my original plan for the year quite significantly.

I purchased more CSs, most notably a trillion Mahenge Spinel from Yvonne, plus a blue green Tourmaline from Gene, and a cat's eye Moonstone cabochon from Brad; plus a few bits and pieces from Jeff D.

As for Jeff W's EC Aqua, I have one more instalment to make and it should be mine for end of June 2016.

The Mahenge Spinel from Yvonne and blue green Tourmaline from Gene delayed my ring setting plan for 4 months. I finally got round to setting my RH Amethyst in May, to find it was too small for my left hand middle finger. Therefore it is going back to the bench for re-sizing in June.

Not re-setting my mum's MRB this year, as I am re-modelling a set of carre cut diamonds (6 in a ring + 2 loose stones) into an ID bracelet instead, in platinum, CAD nearly approved, just need to find the right clasp in order to confirm the length. Should be ready by mid July 2016.

Next ring to be set is the Sea of Cortez Mabe, followed by Doug's natural blue Asscher Topaz. I would like to set one of my EB Topaz after that.

I have asked Jeff W to cut me a 3-stone set of blue green tourmaline in Q4 of this year.

As for PG Ruckus, I had already bought my plane tickets and booked my hotels ages ago, therefore, I am definitely going.

I am hoping to purchase a few suitable pearls for pendants; plus a few loose blue baroque Akoyas to make an existing strand that I have longer to wear as a double.

If I have the money to spare toward the end of the year, I would like to set more CSs into rings.

That should be it for 2016.

DK :))

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, when this was first posted, there was nothing on the horizon as I had a wonderful Christmas! BUT, now I've started to dip my toes into the world of Colored Stones. I am expecting 2 stones by Wednesday (they're here in town, so I'm seriously hoping for tomorrow even though the FedEx tracker says Wed)...so on my bling project:

2 rings:
a 5mm purple sapphire - probably will be a halo with an engraved shank and probably in Rose gold. :D
A 8.6 Blue Topaz - some type of vintage-y ring probably not halo and more economical than the first ring :D

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any list updates?

I've decided the list thing is no use for me, because I don't stick to it at all!

I've bought a number of things lately, such as a bunch of oval detachable drops from Heavenly Necklaces and some really large baroque pearls. The upshot is that I'm throwing my list out!

I've decide that I have so much jewelry, and the only thing that I really, really want is the Jude Frances turquoise wire-wrap pear detachable earring drops.

I'm getting these soon, and then I'm slowing right down on the jewelry-shopping. I've decided that Kiki McDonough is just too darn expensive for semi-precious stones, so I'm not currently planning any Kiki purchases.

Turquoise wire-wrap drops, here I come. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/JudeFrances-Jewelry-Wrapped-Turquoise-Earring-Charms-with-Diamonds/prod172000427_cat51030806__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.service%253FitemId%253Dcat51030806%2526pageSize%253D30%2526No%253D60%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod172000427&cmCat=product

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Getting a quote from CvB/LAD for my chryso reset.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! What kind of setting will you go for?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gave Caysie three rings that each had elements I liked and asked if she could figure out how to get them to mix and match somehow. She said she was sure she could! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do I need a 3ct round? Take me out of this bling project... while I have another ring project going on right now...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a quote for platinum. Will be doing gold, haven't heard yet how much of a difference it will be, costwise. Will be starting shortly!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got a 3 carat OEC. Who woulda thought? So was not on the list. 30 pointer full eternity? Maybe be off the list for good, for now at least. ;-) Adding a bracelet to my 2016 list.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unexpectedly, I'm working on a setting for a newly acquired 2.22ct Colombian emerald. :shhh:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117|1455645473|3991646 said:
Love this thread!

1. Diamond studs are a work in progress. :appl:

2. I’d also like a simple 18k yg necklace to go with a new 18k yg hand engraved ring we bought while celebrating our anniversary in Italy a couple of weeks ago. I’m thinking maybe just a single diamond station necklace but if I go that route I’d really love to do an OEC, AVR or AVC so I really need to evaluate the budget before going crazy! :shock:

3. Would also love another bracelet to layer with my tennis bracelet but also having a hard time deciding whether I want a DBTY style or a VCA sweet piece.

I thought this would be a worthy thread to revive, given it's already November! How are everyone's projects coming along?.

I'll start...
1. I did end up getting my studs
2. Unexpectedly upgraded my ering from 1.81 to 3.24 :shock: but I looooveee her and so happy I did!
3. I bought an antique dinner ring at the JAWS show this past weekend

As for my original list, my upgrade definitely depleted a chunk of funds I could've spent on other pieces but I''m also trying to be more selective in what I purchase so I actually wear it and don't just buy to buy. We're trying to buy a house and are talking about starting to have children maybe next year so I'm trying to be reasonable ;( I tried on the VCA sweet bracelet and it's just too small for me although I am coveting another piece that may make more sense. I'm putting a yg necklace on the back burner....I have no problem mixing metals so I'd like to focus on other stuff first!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little sneak peek: ::)

img_13381.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results