shape
carat
color
clarity

You can kiss...oh. MY NEW RINGS ARE HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not many of you know what''s been going on in the world of Ame lately, so here''s the hollywood minute.

I had some problems with my full-eternity wedding band within the last month or so, I had chipped a stone, also on a shopping cart I believe (I am such a copycat!), and had to have it replaced because Im insane. *curtsey*. Somewhere in the process, either my own negligence or otherwise, in the process of this stone being damaged and/or changed, upon the return arrival of my full-eternity, I spotted a crack in the mounting under the previously damaged stone. It, to me, and my generally blind husband, was pretty obvious without magnification, at first we thought it was a black fuzzy, though a loupe certainly made it noticeable and identifiable. And kind of interesting to stare at. Because you all know I did. At 30x for like an hour.
32.gif

I immediately phoned whiteflash (of course after their working hours) in my usual panicked state and was surprised to hear a voice on the line! I spoke with Lesley (she was the unlucky soul who answered) who was super-apologetic, wanted me to speak to Brian himself. Brian called me back not long after and assured me that they would handle it, he would just remake it, and we decided to make it over as a half-eternity instead of a full, he had me hold on to the other ring in the meantime so I had something to wear. That was fantastic customer service. They didn''t HAVE to do anything for me, but the did, and they bent over backwards and did cartwheels for me.
35.gif
Going half-eternity is probably the greatest idea ever. I am almost positive that it would take me doing something incredibly stupid, not unlikely, to damage that. So, after annoying the crap out of all of the whiteflash staff for 2 weeks, my new HALF eternity 3-pt ACA band was born.

Now, most of you know that this week was a CRAZY
32.gif
week for Whiteflash as they are located in Houston, which until yesterday, was in line for a direct hit from what was originally a Category 5 hurricane. LUCKILY it didn''t hit Houston/Galveston, but UNLUCKILY it hit land and didn''t just collapse, though again, luckily, was no longer a 5 by then. In that time, I was annoying the ever-loving hell out of Denise, Lesley, Brian and JohnQ with the whereabouts and progress, when instead I should have just said "get the hell out of town. yall". But because they ROCK like Whitesnake, they not only got my ring done in time, working countless hours past their actual business hours to get my precious to me, they made sure they took it with them to ship to me from wherever folks ended up, which I also thank them for.
36.gif

I am not a good customer to do work for as I am a freaking dictator
11.gif
and such a freaking nitpick with probably unrealistic and impolite expectations on other people
38.gif
, but for a company to do this for me, not only risk lives to get it done and to me in this weather situation, but to remake it differently as to prevent future episodes...THAT, my friends and enemies, IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.
36.gif
While I wish the communication of their timeline on this job was better up-front, I cannot fault them for my own impatience and dictatorship. This ring is PERFECT.
30.gif

Because we worked out a fair credit for the remake, I used most of that towards a 2-mm plain platinum band. Which is disturbing me to say I LOVE it SO much. Because it''s SO simple.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So...without further adieu...the photos.

I could only get one to show color because my camera seems to hate color...but BOY are they sparkly.

justwband.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only one with color visible.

wbandplainbandblue.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

wbandering1.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

eringplainband1.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

allthreeringsatonce.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the wax-I admit this scared me. But Brian called me at 10pm that night to assure me this was correct and I cannot be more impressed.

AMEwax.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rough cast photos.

Final WF photos will come later as I don't have any to show.

ameroughcasthalfet.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh ame it''s just perfect. I know how scared you were, but it turned out beautifully. I love the plain band too. Soooo happy for you!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, I was a nervous nelly. And yet Im mad at myself for loving the plain ring so much.

But yay! Another GORGEOUS WF CREATION!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I love it, both plain band and diamond band. they look so classic and fitting with your e ring. hopefully this will cause you to worry less!!!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE IT!!!! It looks sooooooo delicate and elegant with your e-ring....love it love it love it!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Ame, I love them. What a great idea. I, too, love the plain platinum band.
30.gif
Both bands are just made to go with your beautiful diamond solitaire. Way to go Whiteflash. She''s a PITA (like me), but we love ya, Ame. More pics, please?

Shay

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Love it!
30.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Ame, it looks fantastic! Both the diamond band and the plain! Now you''ll have countless ways to wear your set! I love them both with your e-ring!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice Ame!
30.gif
Nice nail color too!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Ame they look fantastic! Congratulations and wear them with much happiness.
30.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2005 5:19:51 PM
Author: yellowfan
Very nice Ame!
30.gif
Nice nail color too!
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Antique Bronze ;-)
But I don''t paint nails so well so I took it off and put on my Nuetrogena Natural Nail Enhancer
9.gif

you cannot mess up clear.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Way kewl
WF customer service rocks.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It looks great. I personally love the look of a plain band stacked with a diamond band for times you don''t want to wear your e-ring. Eternity bands have always made me nervous and after your story I think I am convinced 1/2 e-band is the way to go. Congrats again!
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfectly normal people wear them with no problems. But if you will be using your hands and will worry about that, not a good idea. I know I don''t wear anything when I have to make mockups or anything that will do anything to the rings. Spray adhesive is messy and hard to get off rings.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha love the nail polish color as well! That''s kind of what I have on my toes right now.

Love the new rings!!! I really like both of them. The half eternity looks perfect with your e-ring and I love the pic of the 3 rings. I would wear the e-ring then the eternity band then the plat band and see how that looks too!! How fun, mixing and matching...this is a time when sometimes I wish my set was more ''versatile'' like this too...oh well!

Have fun with it and DON''T LOUPE IT under 40x mag anymore!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Ame! I know it was a difficult road to get here, but I'm so glad you're pleased with them. The ring looks beautiful and I too love the plain band. I'm definitely jonesing for the soliatire/diamond band look. Can you remind me how you put your ering together? Solstice head on what kind of band? And how did you get it to fit flush?? Again, absolutely beautiful!!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Ame, you rings look beautiful!
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It is so nice that Whiteflash took such good care of you. I love your new half eternity ring and it looks great with the engagement ring and the plain band and all three look terrific together. So many fun ways to combine your rings!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
perfection.
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2005 6:47:55 PM
Author: Demelza
Congrats, Ame! I know it was a difficult road to get here, but I'm so glad you're pleased with them. The ring looks beautiful and I too love the plain band. I'm definitely jonesing for the soliatire/diamond band look. Can you remind me how you put your ering together? Solstice head on what kind of band? And how did you get it to fit flush?? Again, absolutely beautiful!!
Stuller 3mm Plat Heavy Comfort Fit. Then they drilled a hole in the ring and sunk the stuller solstice peg head into it, then I decided i wanted it 2mm wide. So they filed down the sides. It fits flush with just about every ring, as long as it's not thicker than this one. This e-ring is pretty thick.

Right now I just took the e-ring off. I was going to go with all three but love the look and feel ofjust the two bands. I spent about 10 more minutes outside staring through the loupe....boy it's pretty. I wish they sold a loupe-idealscope-h/a viewer all in one!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ame!

Wow! I love your new ring, it''s so beautfiul and dainty. Really compliments your e-ring. I hope you don''t have any more worries
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too. Im still going to be über careful with it but I like that I can hold things again.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2005 6:28:31 PM
Author: Mara

Love the new rings!!! I really like both of them. The half eternity looks perfect with your e-ring and I love the pic of the 3 rings. I would wear the e-ring then the eternity band then the plat band and see how that looks too!! How fun, mixing and matching...this is a time when sometimes I wish my set was more ''versatile'' like this too...oh well!

Have fun with it and DON''T LOUPE IT under 40x mag anymore!!!
YEA RIGHT!

stackedMaraStyle.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"You cannot mess up clear." Ame

Lord, you tickle me!

Your rings look just beautiful and I am so glad that you are happy. You can now mix and match any old way you want and hopefully won''t worry so much!

I too am impressed with WF''s service - you just can''t beat what they did for you. Enjoy the new rings (without the loupe!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results